criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Guess I’ll Die

Encountered Maul twice today as Lando, used to be competitive, now the combat roll nerf means I might as well stand still. Yoda and Chewie have similar issues.

Looks like the saber mains got their wish, if you close the distance I might as well just let you beat me to death with your laser stick.

Replies

• Encountered Maul twice today as Lando, used to be competitive, now the combat roll nerf means I might as well stand still. Yoda and Chewie have similar issues.

Looks like the saber mains got their wish, if you close the distance I might as well just let you beat me to death with your laser stick.
    It is quite bad for Yoda, but Chewie and Lando both have quite good stuns, especially when upgraded. Maul is a tough one to face regardless, but all I really need is one stun to kill him with headshots. You just have to be extra careful now to stay close to your teammates and avoid close range 1v1s.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Man, I already felt that way before the patch since there is usually no escape whatsoever if I'm a hero or villain trying to get away, but I think that means I still got a long way to go before I can actually use a hero/villain.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Encountered Maul twice today as Lando, used to be competitive, now the combat roll nerf means I might as well stand still. Yoda and Chewie have similar issues.

what was the exact nerf to the roll? from the patch notes it doesn't seem too bad?

It is quite bad for Yoda, but Chewie and Lando both have quite good stuns, especially when upgraded. Maul is a tough one to face regardless, but all I really need is one stun to kill him with headshots. You just have to be extra careful now to stay close to your teammates and avoid close range 1v1s.

Not always an option, sometimes on cooldown. At least before I could stall/fight until help arrived at the minimum.
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    Encountered Maul twice today as Lando, used to be competitive, now the combat roll nerf means I might as well stand still. Yoda and Chewie have similar issues.

what was the exact nerf to the roll? from the patch notes it doesn't seem too bad?

As I understand it, the invulnerability frames were reduced to a very short window.
    NeoX
  • why I keep clamoring for Hero Hunt to return...Like, I can play arcade w/heroes vs troopers all day but it won't count toward my milestones. Hero Hunt way more satisfying, makes each hero's abilities unique & rewarding in the theatre of combat. HvV as it is right now is just a mess of "who pushed what button first over the server.."
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• OOM19
    2831 posts Member

Time. Your. Roll.

I've beaten full Purple Mauls that are currently trashing my team as Finn by rolling in different directions and fainting and of course timing the roll

It's chaos but controlled Chaos

It takes a bit to get used to the change but it's fine

Everything is fine
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I tried him a bit today, and when Lando can keep his distance he wrecks. If not, he's in trouble though...
  • I never used the roll for endless escapes. It was an boring "exploit" IMO. Timing, direction and counter-melee is more fun, and challenging the skill. And of course, weapons that are used at distance. Using obstacles in the game is also something I believe many are not "exploiting" enough. Hiding behind a tree, stone, corner and so on, can make the difference between life or death. Sabers and powers can't generally be used through these obstacles, and the fix of Palpatines lightning-through-walls bug will make that alot easier now.
  • OOM19 wrote: »

Time. Your. Roll.

I've beaten full Purple Mauls that are currently trashing my team as Finn by rolling in different directions and fainting and of course timing the roll

Everything is fine

I’ve been playing since launch pal I know how to time a roll.

To be honest lads on reflection I’m probably just salty that my main isn’t as good in that one situation. I’m used to melting everyone with few exceptions.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Either way in all honesty Lando's Over-Load needed a nerf as it is

It's a skill-less, easy mode, AOE that can stun enemies seemingly a hallway away and allow Lando more then enough time to kill any Hero especially a Empire Blaster Hero

And if it's a Light-Saber Hero practically cripple them

Anyone complaining that Roll was tweaked to require timing is really just being entitled at this point
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »

Time. Your. Roll.

Everything is fine

To be honest lads on reflection I’m probably just salty that my main isn’t as good in that one situation. I’m used to melting everyone with few exceptions.

At least they've still not changed Sharp-Shot!

Ah, nothing beats melting 50 imperials with GLORIOUS Aim-Bot on Endor standing on-top the Walker
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »

Time. Your. Roll.

Everything is fine

I feel you bro. It sucks that Yoda is worse in HvV after this patch. :neutral:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Don’t you get that feeling that the duels are way too short?
    "Oh well it's my programming." -Battle droid Star Wars Clone wars Ep 1
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Time. Your. Roll.

Everything is fine

To be honest lads on reflection I’m probably just salty that my main isn’t as good in that one situation.

6x8gdubzgo5i.gif

Jk

If you are referring to Lando (which is what I assumed) I Also main him in HvV and he’s even my go to in GA. He’s very fun to use.
    No doubt it’s harder to escape lightsaber heroes now, but personally I’m glad the roll was changed. I just need to time my roll better now
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

Time. Your. Roll.

Everything is fine

To be honest lads on reflection I’m probably just salty that my main isn’t as good in that one situation.

6x8gdubzgo5i.gif

Jk

If you are referring to Lando (which is what I assumed) I Also main him in HvV and he’s even my go to in GA. He’s very fun to use.
    No doubt it’s harder to escape lightsaber heroes now but personally I’m glad the roll was changed.

Basically I died twice in a situation I wouldn’t usually have died in so I had to tell you all how angry I was.

Please continue as normal :sunglasses: