criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jetpack Cargo broken scoring and other issues and improvements

I had a hunch about this, but my suspicions were confirmed, thanks to jetpack cargo being about to play as an aerial trooper all the time. When I am doing direct damage to enemies it would sometimes require 2 hits when direct hits are suppose to be an OHK. But sometimes people just hit the rocket 2 feet away from me, I'm at full health, and it OHKs me.

Also scoring is broken. We were winning 1-0 and then they scored 1 time and they got 2 points for 1 score. This is twice now i have seen the scoring broken in this game mode. I have also seen this in Strike mode too. Is this a glitch or someone find a way to exploit to get double points per scoring?

Also the response when pressing to pull out rockets sometimes doesn't response until several presses for LB and RB. it works fine in GA so it's not the controller. it's when I player as aerial trooper it has issues.

I love the jet pack mode overall. This it should be 5 points to win. balance teams every round. Even separate parties or put them in another lobby with another full party so no cheesing against randoms. And more credits when you add 5 score to win. 5 score to win and 500 points max. Also quicker capping would be nice. Reminds me of Grifball in Halo. And if you are there it should almost be instantaneous for only a guy in close pursuit to stop you because you are in no cover with enemies that have infinite rockets so it needs to be fast as there is no cover and 1 man ain't going to clear out an army all spawning right by the area to score.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sgt Fergus/video/44450467

Replies

• Cargo jet pack also needs a timer, I just played in a match that lasted 35 minutes.
  • Cargo jet pack also needs a timer, I just played in a match that lasted 35 minutes.

i have heard some go on for an hour lol
  • Yes...Needs a timer of some sort or maybe a kill limit sort of like strike has which is essentially a timer.
  • Thank God its temporary game mode, its rubbish. Put together overnight to make up for all the stuff ups.
  • At first I thought Cargo was great. But it my excitement didn't last long.

Every one has same weapon - Perfect as it should be..
    Jetpack's - Perfect (But Less)
    Mission - Perfect (5 instead of 3) Would be better with Timer
    Rockets Launchers - The dumbest idea ever. Yes have them but as a reward for a few kills or one every 30 seconds. There is no skill in launching rockets 2 meters away from a player. The same could be said for the jetpac's possibly.

• Robosoft wrote: »
    At first I thought Cargo was great. But it my excitement didn't last long.

Every one has same weapon - Perfect as it should be..
    Jetpack's - Perfect (But Less)
    Mission - Perfect (5 instead of 3) Would be better with Timer
    Rockets Launchers - The dumbest idea ever. Yes have them but as a reward for a few kills or one every 30 seconds. There is no skill in launching rockets 2 meters away from a player. The same could be said for the jetpac's possibly.

well the fun of it is jumping around and using explosive weapons. that I see no problem with. I just wish there was no cool down.
  • I don't know....It's really just a mode to have some fun in.

Frankly, with no stats I don't care if I win or lose matches so I mostly just jump around and go for kills.

The only slightly annoying thing is the cooldown on the rockets but probably need it otherwise it would just be crazy.

Decent mode though and would like to see it added full time. Could add some other maps, maybe a timer of some sort or a kill count sort of like strike.

Pretty fun mode though and I like that everybody is on a pretty even playing ground. There's no spamming of heroes, wookie warriors, etc.
  • It's basically Battlefront 2015 mode in a way. Eh. Its kind of fun actually after playing through a bit. My kid and I laughed a lot, like the rocket to the head at melee range. One thing bugged me though. The ability to score a package drop off despite the fact that you are rolling, and flying around the zone without stopping.
  • Tried this mode day one, not my cup of tea. I want regular cargo back.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2118 posts Member
    Tried this mode day one, not my cup of tea. I want regular cargo back.

it exists in strike i think. don't play it much to know
  • I played some Jetpack Cargo today and my Aerials didn't get any XP. Do you happen to know why???
  • I played some Jetpack Cargo today and my Aerials didn't get any XP. Do you happen to know why???

i actually haven't played today. is it part of the daily?

Because it's a special mode and the Aerials are not your standard type, i.e faster ability charge times and multi firing rocket launchers.
  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    I played some Jetpack Cargo today and my Aerials didn't get any XP. Do you happen to know why???

There's no star cards, everyone is level 0
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I played some Jetpack Cargo today and my Aerials didn't get any XP. Do you happen to know why???

One of the leia hoth challenges.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

There's no star cards, everyone is level 0

One of the leia hoth challenges.

oh what is the challenge?
  • Play 5 Rounds is the Challenge.
  • No one plays the objective, no one pushes the capture...

I've gotten steamrolled several times, because I'm the only one trying to do anything on my team...

The is no "timer", so the "round" can go on forever and ever and ever...

I absolutely HATE the challenge currently for Leia's Hoth outfit, it feels like a CHORE instead of a CHALLENGE.

Overall I do not find this mode "fun" as most people say. Which is unfortunate.

Side note: I kinda wish the rockets and a bit of an AOE effect, it seems like you have to get a direct hit to get a kill. I'm not saying make them nuclear (over buff), just have a bit of splash damage if it gets near you.

If they keep this mode, or continuously bring it back for limited time events, it needs some major rework done.

"Post count. Matter, it does not." - Yoda
  • DaxStorm wrote: »

Because it's a special mode and the Aerials are not your standard type, i.e faster ability charge times and multi firing rocket launchers.

Hope it will be a permanent mode though. It's too much fun :smiley:
  • You're playing wrong....Have to adopt the attitude that winning these games is irrelevant. I mean, there's no stat tracking and no win/loss record so who care's if you win these things.

Just have fun flying around and going for some fun, highlight type kills....That's really all this mode is about.

When they add stats and start tracking W/L, then I'll start caring about winning matches.
    No one plays the objective, no one pushes the capture...

I've gotten steamrolled several times, because I'm the only one trying to do anything on my team...

The is no "timer", so the "round" can go on forever and ever and ever...

I absolutely HATE the challenge currently for Leia's Hoth outfit, it feels like a CHORE instead of a CHALLENGE.

Overall I do not find this mode "fun" as most people say. Which is unfortunate.

Side note: I kinda wish the rockets and a bit of an AOE effect, it seems like you have to get a direct hit to get a kill. I'm not saying make them nuclear (over buff), just have a bit of splash damage if it gets near you.

If they keep this mode, or continuously bring it back for limited time events, it needs some major rework done.

• I just played and i found a complete distaste for Bespin. It goes on forever. i know quit and search for a new map that is tattooine because it is quicker than playing Bespin.
  • tts42572
    955 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Rack up Battle points and when you tired of playing keep carrying the cargo to the enemies base for them and let them score it :)

Seriously....as I said above it makes no difference if you win or lose these games and there is no win/loss record to feel good about.

I just view this mode as a fun way to earn XP and that's about it.
    I just played and i found a complete distaste for Bespin. It goes on forever. i know quit and search for a new map that is tattooine because it is quicker than playing Bespin.

• anubis_tunay
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    tts42572 wrote: »

Just have fun flying around and going for some fun, highlight type kills....That's really all this mode is about.

+1
  • I'm not sure why, maybe it's the sheer size of the map but the Bespin Jetpack game is just boring, games last far longer than they should.
  • camerog
    159 posts Member
    Cargo jet pack also needs a timer, I just played in a match that lasted 35 minutes.

I just played one that was clsoe to an hour on Bespin. Some players had 100+ kills. Next one on Tatooine was over in 3 minutes
  • Tatooine level was designed for jetpacks. bespin level was not and as much as i love that map it doesnt work because it is mostly indoora and tight hallways. Also the games last forever on bespin.
  • Tatooine level was designed for jetpacks. bespin level was not and as much as i love that map it doesnt work because it is mostly indoora and tight hallways. Also the games last forever on bespin.

Ya Bespin is bad. i played 1 match and I am never playing on Bespin again unless i'm going for kills and credits otherwise an hour for 1 match is insane. It's obvious from playing an hour of it why it fails. There is only really 1 route you can take. all the rest are pretty much death traps. I never go into the middle building as it is just asking to die. You have to go around the side but that is luck at that point you don't get caught in that narrow view. you also need to clear our everyone in the room before the carrier can come in. Whereas on Tatooine you can one man army it and make all sorts of changes in direction vs Bespin the routes are restricted on where you can go.

Degenerated into a bazooka deathmatch, as no one wanted to play, the game lasted 40 minutes !!

Bespin is broken as the cargo sometimes appears static !!

Degenerated into a bazooka deathmatch, as no one wanted to play, the game lasted 40 minutes !!

Bespin is broken as the cargo sometimes appears static !!

agreed. There are other maps that work but Bespin is to confined and not enough breathing room. Cloud City map from SWBF1 would work.
  • No Ariel exp? Why?
  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    Didn’t they say in the patch notes that they improved Jumptrash Cargo?

It’s still the same game mode with no timer and chaos

The delivery time gets decreased after a while.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• mega8deth8 wrote: »
    No Ariel exp? Why?

ya there really should get XP
  • The damage is completely random. I can hit the ground right next to someone and they take no damage, only for them to hit the ground 10 feet away from and kill me with one shot. Yeah. Never touching this again after completing the 5 matches.
  • The damage is completely random. I can hit the ground right next to someone and they take no damage, only for them to hit the ground 10 feet away from and kill me with one shot. Yeah. Never touching this again after completing the 5 matches.

i have had a few of those, hit point blank, no kill. Hit from blast damage a foot away, instant kill.
  • Very frustrating mode, especially since it's now on Bespin. Definitely need some type of timer, I just exited a game that was going on 30 minutes with no score. Lame, waste of time that provides NOTHING of value to the game. Credit's are useless at best, so what's the point of playing Jet Pack Cargo? NO XP, no skill points, no Ariel advancement....

Damage areas and ratios are shot to hell, the physics of the rocket damage is just plain stupid.

Be better EA, you made a TON of money of this. Start showing us something for it.
  • This mode was okay at first. Now it’s just a bore that I can’t avoid because of the Leia challenge. I feel like I’m being trolled by the makers. Who wants a 43 min match on Bespin?

Bore off.

pH
  • Very frustrating mode, especially since it's now on Bespin. Definitely need some type of timer, I just exited a game that was going on 30 minutes with no score. Lame, waste of time that provides NOTHING of value to the game. Credit's are useless at best, so what's the point of playing Jet Pack Cargo? NO XP, no skill points, no Ariel advancement....

Damage areas and ratios are shot to ****, the physics of the rocket damage is just plain ****.

Be better EA, you made a TON of money of this. Start showing us something for it.

ya damage area and ratio is definitely off and there needs to be a timer and better maps. I love that they brought Bespin back but it needs a timer. i think it would of been better on Cloud City. They also need to put outline of enemies through walls for ones camping at the objective. This is also what delays it too. they can see the carrier and they just wait for them to go through the door. if they made it so you can see the players camping at the objective it would make it a much more even fight and not take so long.
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    This mode was okay at first. Now it’s just a bore that I can’t avoid because of the Leia challenge. I feel like I’m being trolled by the makers. Who wants a 43 min match on Bespin?

Bore off.

pH

Ya Bespin Administrator's office went on for an hour and now every time i get the map i quit. so what if i get 870 credits now it doesn't help me progress now.