criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Lag In Some Matches Are Becoming Unplayable And Unbearable

The lag use to be a small but constant thing. Now I get lag where it sometimes is so I can't move. I was playing Bossk and I was capping hard 1v12 because all my teammates, even ones in ATSTs on Yavin were being wimps and wouldn't cap because they were afraid of little Luke and Yoda. So I go in there scare them off, some follow me in, and wipe out all the enemy players or cause them to scatter, like the Chad player I am, and then lag hits a good strong 5 seconds where i can't do anything. And in a match, 5 seconds is a guaranteed death sentence and next thing I know I am getting wacked to death by Luke who at 1 second was out side the capture area, after lag goes away he is spawn right in front of me beating me down. Seriously, fix this lag. This happens like every 3 or 4 matches where I get a hero and lose it to lag **** while capping am objective. I don't even bother anymore in Starfighter Assault because I will get lagged into debris and asteroids. And I ping tested my connection with 0 packet lose to my xbox from the internet and even play at 2 different locations with open NAT so it definitely is not coming from me, it's coming from the servers. Matches have been lost due to lag. Lag is heavily impacting matches even more than at initial launch. I was gonna planning on a whole day of relaxing and playing Battlefront 2 before the new progression system update kicks in to get as many credits as possible to spend tomorrow to get crafting parts but I'm off. After dying 5 times as hero due to being stuck and unable to move with huge lag spikes it's like getting hit with a chewie stun grenade constantly. I'm one of the few people that actually plays as a hero that plays the objective to help the team win and not hero hog. So to lose heroes this often due to lag, it's becoming too frustrating to play anymore.

Replies

• The lag has grown increasingly frequent lately. It's really disappointing.
  • I thought that it may have just been on my side lately, but it's slightly refreshing to know there are others who have noticed it too. Hopefully they get around to looking into it soon, because it's very irritating.
  • I thought that it may have just been on my side lately, but it's slightly refreshing to know there are others who have noticed it too. Hopefully they get around to looking into it soon, because it's very irritating.

Ya I quit for the rest of the day it got so annoying i couldnt enjoy playing the game anymore
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    The lag use to be a small but constant thing. Now I get lag where it sometimes is so I can't move. I was playing Bossk and I was capping hard 1v12 because all my teammates, even ones in ATSTs on Yavin were being wimps and wouldn't cap because they were afraid of little Luke and Yoda. So I go in there scare them off, some follow me in, and wipe out all the enemy players or cause them to scatter, like the Chad player I am, and then lag hits a good strong 5 seconds where i can't do anything. And in a match, 5 seconds is a guaranteed death sentence and next thing I know I am getting wacked to death by Luke who at 1 second was out side the capture area, after lag goes away he is spawn right in front of me beating me down. Seriously, fix this lag. This happens like every 3 or 4 matches where I get a hero and lose it to lag **** while capping am objective. I don't even bother anymore in Starfighter Assault because I will get lagged into debris and asteroids. And I ping tested my connection with 0 packet lose to my xbox from the internet and even play at 2 different locations with open NAT so it definitely is not coming from me, it's coming from the servers. Matches have been lost due to lag. Lag is heavily impacting matches even more than at initial launch. I was gonna planning on a whole day of relaxing and playing Battlefront 2 before the new progression system update kicks in to get as many credits as possible to spend tomorrow to get crafting parts but I'm off. After dying 5 times as hero due to being stuck and unable to move with huge lag spikes it's like getting hit with a chewie stun grenade constantly. I'm one of the few people that actually plays as a hero that plays the objective to help the team win and not hero hog. So to lose heroes this often due to lag, it's becoming too frustrating to play anymore.

What region are u in? A fun fact is that my game runs smooth af on the virginia server (102ms) and on the german server (22ms) (the only one that works in Europe) it runs like crap. 50% hitmarkers laggy af, stuttering all the time, getting one shotted as heroes etc. The funny thing is that i live in Sweden so it makes no sence at all. I honestly think the german server location is broken cause once in a while i get into a UK (27ms) or Irish (40ms) server and they run perfectly aswell.

What region are u in? A fun fact is that my game runs smooth af on the virginia server (102ms) and on the german server (22ms) (the only one that works in Europe) it runs like ****. 50% hitmarkers laggy af, stuttering all the time, getting one shotted as heroes etc. The funny thing is that i live in Sweden so it makes no sence at all. I honestly think the german server location is broken cause once in a while i get into a UK (27ms) or Irish (40ms) server and they run perfectly aswell.

SoCal, US
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

What region are u in? A fun fact is that my game runs smooth af on the virginia server (102ms) and on the german server (22ms) (the only one that works in Europe) it runs like ****. 50% hitmarkers laggy af, stuttering all the time, getting one shotted as heroes etc. The funny thing is that i live in Sweden so it makes no sence at all. I honestly think the german server location is broken cause once in a while i get into a UK (27ms) or Irish (40ms) server and they run perfectly aswell.

SoCal, US

Hmm ok. It's so hard to pin point these issues due to the insane inconsistancy of the game/server performance. Sometimes my game is unplayable aswell, freeze lag, mechanics break etc. Haven't heard a word from the devs on this matter either wich is even worse.
  • jonci
    998 posts Member
    UK for my location and LAG seems to be only in SFA which is really annoying, seems to have gotten worse lately.
  • really think its due to all the explosions from the guns and thermal dets. ive noticed most of the lag when those are active.
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

SoCal, US

Hmm ok. It's so hard to pin point these issues due to the insane inconsistancy of the game/server performance. Sometimes my game is unplayable aswell, freeze lag, mechanics break etc. Haven't heard a word from the devs on this matter either wich is even worse.

I go by this, if its not coming from me, it has to be coming from the servers.
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    really think its due to all the explosions from the guns and thermal dets. ive noticed most of the lag when those are active.

This even happens if HvV and SA so definitely not being caused by the explosive shots
    jonci wrote: »
    UK for my location and LAG seems to be only in SFA which is really annoying, seems to have gotten worse lately.

ya mine was on GA Yavin, I was trying to take over 1 of the and phases and then this happened

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sgt Fergus/video/46316648

• Not that I'm trying to blame everyone ptoblem on ES .. but has anyone else noticed that there is a correlation between the amount of people using ES and lag ? It may be subliminally in my head because of ES rage , but I have almost convinced myself there is a connection .. but most likely my ES rage talking lol
  • Ashz2Ashz wrote: »
    Not that I'm trying to blame everyone ptoblem on ES .. but has anyone else noticed that there is a correlation between the amount of people using ES and lag ? It may be subliminally in my head because of ES rage , but I have almost convinced myself there is a connection .. but most likely my ES rage talking lol

this was happening well before the last update that made ES unbalanced for me.
  • Catalyst_Sux
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Number of players matters, IMO.

No absolute evidence, but watching youtube streamers, you'll note that Xbox servers are often smoothest, PC and PS4 servers can be okay, but often I notice the same lag on their feeds as I get on Oregon US server at (32 ms).

I've played on Thursday mornings and other off peak weekday times and it is infinitely better. So much better, I have to turn down my sensitivity settings by up to 10% to compensate. My kill count also doubled. I've posted this before on other lag topics.
  • Number of players matters, IMO.

No absolute evidence, but watching youtube streamers, you'll note that Xbox servers are often smoothest, PC and PS4 servers can be okay, but often I notice the same lag on their feeds as I get on Oregon US server at (32 ms).

I've played on Thursday mornings and other off peak weekday times and it is infinitely better. So much better, I have to turn down my sensitivity settings by up to 10% to compensate. My kill count also doubled. I've posted this before on other lag topics.

This was xbox http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sgt Fergus/video/46316648
  • Ashz2Ashz wrote: »
    Not that I'm trying to blame everyone ptoblem on ES .. but has anyone else noticed that there is a correlation between the amount of people using ES and lag ? It may be subliminally in my head because of ES rage , but I have almost convinced myself there is a connection .. but most likely my ES rage talking lol

No. Ockham's Razor, simplest theory is to be assumed. What's simpler to say, ES is causing lag somehow or... It's EA/DICE dropping the ball, yet again like usual?
  • TSOdinson wrote: »
    Ashz2Ashz wrote: »

No. Ockham's Razor, simplest theory is to be assumed. What's simpler to say, ES is causing lag somehow or... It's EA/DICE dropping the ball, yet again like usual?

well we will find out in a few hours after ES gets nerfed to hell if it still is an issue
  • I played and that lag spike issue is still present and they nerfed the explosive shot so we can confirm that this is not playing a factor in it.
  • I'm **** that the devs are ignoring this huge issue, not a single word since launch about the lag.
  • I'm **** that the devs are ignoring this huge issue, not a single word since launch about the lag.

ya i mean i was fuming from the other day when i was killed as bossk because of lag spike and then *bomb* yoda right on top of me beating me down
  • jonci
    998 posts Member
    HVV last night, no matter what character i used, one moment in the clear split second later getting mugged by 2 or more enemy's up close and personal, not even a hello and a kiss 1st, definitely massive LAG on there and still in SFA. has to be servers and not my end of the tinterweb as other games run fine.
  • jonci wrote: »
    HVV last night, no matter what character i used, one moment in the clear split second later getting mugged by 2 or more enemy's up close and personal, not even a hello and a kiss 1st, definitely massive LAG on there and still in SFA. has to be servers and not my end of the tinterweb as other games run fine.

ya that sucks