criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So where are Criterion?

Blazetrail77
52 posts Member
edited March 2018
There has barely been any changes, additions, or balancing updates to it since The Last Jedi. Are they just waiting until a new season comes around or has it been left alone until further notice? My personal issues with it are.

Either team can get into the enemies spawn point and kill players instantly. There needs to be a out of bounds section on spawn point. (Same for Galactic Assault fighters)

Battlepoints. Personally I like very few hero ships since a bunch of them will instantly be targeted and get taken out very soon. That or the max number of ships has been selected. So why not some reinforcement ships for every faction?

TIE Interceptor. It just sucks. Kinda weak and overheats quickly even with the right cards. Also Star Cards should not be required to make a ship balanced. That goes for any ship.

Finally certain maps can be really hard/meh. Death Star Debris mainly for attackers. Since like every map they have to avoid enemy fire, survive and make it to the objective. Meanwhile Defenders usually only have to eliminate Attackers. Also the Republic spawn point on Kamino is really close to the first Venator. So a squad is making their run. Attackers spawn and wipe them out. Yeah you can go underneath the facility but so can Attackers very quickly.

Edit: Also the Ion shot on Y Wings just feels dirty when using it, or being affected by it. Took down Slave 1 in a matter of seconds with a couple of team mates because his ship was affected by it. So it was practically not moving and could not use any abillites. Its just a really dirty ability.
Post edited by Blazetrail77 on

Replies

• Joined the dark side criterion has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are their ways now.
  • I guess they feel its good and hit the door. lol.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I hope they work on SA maps where you can board ships and attack ships in a non-linear/scripted manner.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• There has barely been any changes, additions, or balancing updates to it since The Last Jedi. Are they just waiting until a new season comes around or has it been left alone until further notice? My personal issues with it are.

Either team can get into the enemies spawn point and kill players instantly. There needs to be a out of bounds section on spawn point. (Same for Galactic Assault fighters)

Battlepoints. Personally I like very few hero ships since a bunch of them will instantly be targeted and get taken out very soon. That or the max number of ships has been selected. So why not some reinforcement ships for every faction?

TIE Interceptor. It just sucks. Kinda weak and overheats quickly even with the right cars. Also Star Cards should not be required to make a ship balanced. That goes for any ship.

Finally certain maps can be really hard/meh. Death Star Debris mainly for attackers. Since like every map they have to avoid enemy fire, survive and make it to the objective. Meanwhile Defenders usually only have to eliminate Attackers. Also the Republic spawn point on Kamino is really close to the first Venator. So a squad is making their run. Attackers spawn and wipe them out. Yeah you can go underneath the facility but so can Attackers very quickly.

Solution kill them before when you spawn. They save us time to go get a fast kill. I think it is unfair. but use against them.

Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

b6vzww.jpg
  • Well they came out with a new unit most recently (Iden’s starfighter), even if it is just a normal tie fighter with Poe’s ability racked on.

In all seriousness, you make good points. Maybe they saw there was no new income and hit the road? Maybe cosmetics will draw them back. Don’t know how many ship skins they could make, though.
  • they flew off
  • OGPOTUS wrote: »
    Well they came out with a new unit most recently (Iden’s starfighter), even if it is just a normal tie fighter with Poe’s ability racked on.

In all seriousness, you make good points. Maybe they saw there was no new income and hit the road? Maybe cosmetics will draw them back. Don’t know how many ship skins they could make, though.

I'm sure there a bunch in canon. Less so for Hero ships but yeah if they came out with emblems, stripes, damage marks and such that you can apply to ships, maybe that could work.
  • Considering the noise for B-wings, and perhaps other reinforcement class SFs, I’m surprised if something doesn’t happen in April.

pH
  • Vader's TIE Advanced is probably the worst hero ship in the game, and for supposedly "the best star pilot in the galaxy", that is very disappointing.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Vader's TIE Advanced is probably the worst hero ship in the game, and for supposedly "the best star pilot in the galaxy", that is very disappointing.

To me, any hero ship with less health or similar health to a regular ship can't be very good at surviving as it can be destroyed within a couple of seconds.
  • I think they're the ones bringing SA to arcade, so that could very well be what they've been working on.
  • I 2nd all of this, and I'd like to add that for being the 'fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy' the Falcon is entirely too slow and clunky.
  • I think they're the ones bringing SA to arcade, so that could very well be what they've been working on.

Yeah, they're supposedly working on this. Haven't heard anything about it in ages though so who knows. Would love me some offline SA.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Yep. Tie interceptor is bad, it should be better than the fighter, but noooo. I just play the fighter on the dark side unless bombers are available...And IMO...D'Qar is the worst map in the entire game. It wreaks of half-baked story leak-proof type stuff. but the cat is out of the bag. I almost ALWAYS avoid it. There's nothing Star Wars-y about the D'Qar map atm...

Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Vader's TIE Advanced is probably the worst hero ship in the game, and for supposedly "the best star pilot in the galaxy", that is very disappointing.

valid statement. But Luke's X-Wing is also a pile of junk. Even at 3x epic it's just not nearly as good as Poe's. The worst atm IMHO goes to Luke's...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• OGPOTUS wrote: »
    Well they came out with a new unit most recently (Iden’s starfighter), even if it is just a normal tie fighter with Poe’s ability racked on.

Here is one. Empor's Royal Guard. Could be used as a reinforcement or a skin that unlocks with level #? Interceptor and x amount of credits.

dybwtpqpx3eu.jpg

Another. Maybe a Razor Squadron ARC-170 skin?

ijcp7mjhl5cj.jpg

There is some money to be made with starfighter skins.

I agree with the OP about the spawn killing. Also agree like everyone else, the TIE Interceptor needs improvement.

As someone who pilots the Y-wing whenever possible, I'd like to add that hit/collision detection needs some tweaking.

Overall the classes seem well balanced, the maps are beautiful and you are rewarded if you PTFO. Great new starfighters and hero ships across eras.

To me the best mode of the SWBF II franchise is SFA so a wing tip to Criterion and I don't think we've heard the last from them.

Happy hunting.

#StarWars-y
  • Yeah. Where did Criterion go? Did all of the devs just leave the game or something?

I don't think we've got any sort of patch or change to Starfighter assault from them in months.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• From what I have seen on Twitter Criterion seem to be hyping up their remastered Burnout game at the moment. I’m sure they said something before Christmas about a new SA map to arrive in January though I may have misunderstood.
  • rollind24
    5243 posts Member

Either team can get into the enemies spawn point and kill players instantly. There needs to be a out of bounds section on spawn point.

The spawn killing is my only gripe in this mode. Doesn’t happen enough though to me to get upset about it. Usually takes me by surprise once or twice a day.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I played fair share of SA last week's. It became my lost favourite mode atm. My gripes with it are
    1. 2v3 hero ships
    2. Marker that marks person that killed you last
    3. DS heroes are better
    4. No bomber in ST
    5. Hitbox issues
    6. Every hero ship should get fourth ability. I found Poe easy to survive compared to Luke
  • I agree with OP and most of the points raised. SA is the most fun I've had flying in an online shooter since Battlefield 3. It's very well made on the whole and only needs minor tweaks.

* Need more maps. I love playing SA but can only play for so long before I get bored as I've played all the maps so many times.
    * Collision detection needs reworking. Far too many times I randomly explode when dodging space debris. The weird invisible walls or bad hitboxes get you killed too often. Either fix them or make it so you bump off of objects and take damage and are not instantly killed if at full health.
    * Balancing - A-Wing is miles better than TIE Interceptor, Y-Wing way better than TIE Bomber and ARC-170 or X-Wing much better than the Dark Side fighters yet the Dark Side Hero ships are certainly better than the Light equivalents.
    * Offline / arcade mode would be great.
    * First Person view only mode would be great also.

My summary is we just need more content. It's great as it is but could be so much better. I just hope it isn't forgotten as the game moves forward throughout it's life cycle and the focus isn't aimed solely at GA.
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    We need more content and matches that last longer. It always feels like the game ends before we really get started.

But the big thing is more maps. Playing the same ones over and over gets stale too quickly. I love the mode but there needs to be more variety.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Every challenge that involves SA is always bugged too, sort it out Criterion.
  • Stalemate wrote: »

Honestly felt like it was the least bugged of all the modes, but after 2.0, I've been dealing with stuttering on west coast Xbox servers. The worst happened right after buying Han's Falcon out of era. Animation skipped 3 beats and came face to face with a blunt object right after Han said, "I know what I'm doing". :s

• They are working on offline.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio

• * First Person view only mode would be great also.

My summary is we just need more content. It's great as it is but could be so much better. I just hope it isn't forgotten as the game moves forward throughout it's life cycle and the focus isn't aimed solely at GA.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment but you do know you can use the D pad (console) to switch between 1st and 3rd person views.

Yes we need more content like new maps, abilities, modes, heroes and starships, and I believe we will be getting some ....soon.

SFA in arcade would be welcome.
    #StarWars-y
  • univurshul wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »

Honestly felt like it was the least bugged of all the modes, but after 2.0, I've been dealing with stuttering on west coast Xbox servers. The worst happened right after buying Han's Falcon out of era. Animation skipped 3 beats and came face to face with a blunt object right after Han said, "I know what I'm doing". :s

Agreed, the lag has seemed to increase with the 2.0 update. Same platform and location, XBONE on the west coast. Not good when you have a nice kill streak in the making only to start stuttering and having mini hyperspace jumps which eventually transports you into the side of a field generator that was 3 parsecs away. Field generator - 1, A-wing - 0.

That would be an EA server side problem that is creating starsfighter destroying lagggggggg and should have nothing to do with Criterion correct?
    #StarWars-y
  • They are working on offline.

Surely they could put out a patch though.