criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The lag is absolutely ridiculous.

Prev13
XBO

NA East Coast.

No way in hell is it the 36ms that your "server" is telling me.

Replies

• Since Patch 2.0 the lag is more catastrophic than ever.

I am running out of extremes to accurately describing the situation...

A joke for the largest publisher in the world.
  • For a time leading up to the 1.2 update it was "alright" there would be some big spikes here and there but otherwise it was fairly playable. In the last three weeks this has changed massively. I'm getting gold hit markers without damage registering almost 100% of the time, I just played an -entire- match on Kachirho Beach where the rubber banding did not abate. It's bloody nuts.

I wish could have Patch 1.1 back.

This game was one of my favorites of all time.

Patch 2.0 ruined it, and it is not just the lag.
    I disagree with almost every single change of 2.0.

A great game ruined.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I also have experienced massive lag recently. More so In GA than HvV. Its seemed to of got even worse after the recent update..
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I also have experienced massive lag recently. More so In GA than HvV. Its seemed to of got even worse after the recent update..
    My guess would be that possibly it is worse with more people on the servers after the patch? Maybe the returning players are the ones causing lag? That would explain why it gets worse right after every patch and why I get much less lag at night.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
    My guess would be that possibly it is worse with more people on the servers after the patch? Maybe the returning players are the ones causing lag? That would explain why it gets worse right after every patch and why I get much less lag at night.

That's not exactly what I see:

A lot of half-full games, never filling up.

Why would anyone return, that left tge game already?
    Only for progression changes? Because nothing else is new...
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Maybe but I assumed their servers would have no problem handling with the influx of players..?

That's not exactly what I see:

A lot of half-full games, never filling up.

Why would anyone return, that left tge game already?
    Only for progression changes? Because nothing else is new...

Just trying to throw some ideas out there because idk how else to explain it... I just don't understand how I've only ever had trouble with the Battlefront games by DICE but never with anything else.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • same here

tired of seeing the notification on the right of the screen
  • Debot
    107 posts Member
    Add me to the mix. How do report amalgamate these threads. (Many people reporting same thing with new threads). It appears more Xbox and maybe pc related; hear less PS4 complaints
  • The lag has been terrible on Xbox since patch 2.0. If you're not using a high rate of fire gun, forget about it.
  • The rubberbanding and teleporting enemies is so annoying since the last update. Before the update i might occasionally get killed through a wall or behind cover due to a server hiccup, but now it's like 10x worse.
    1pw96s.gif
  • The lag has been terrible on Xbox since patch 2.0. If you're not using a high rate of fire gun, forget about it.

Yes, forced to use spray and pray guns like cr2 and se44c.

But as a Hero, getting frozen midair to just die kills it for me.

Ga unplayable, SA more unplayable, HvV broken, it never Ends...

I defended this game a lot, but now it went too far!
  • Philman wrote: »
    Yeah I agree the lag has been bad. I am an IT professional with a 400Mbps download speed with 25Mbps upload. Xbox one x. No connection issues with other games. I have port forwarding turned on for Xbox all tests always turn out fine. However BFII lags like an old donkey with 4 bad legs. If the multiplayer connection for this game was that donkey I would shoot it and turn it to glue.

Me too!

I have Business fiber, 100Mbit/25Mbit up, static IP, full router Control, direct Forward etc.
    I pay over 100 for it a month, and have 7-8ms.

It's neither Xbox nor my Internet, its the game.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4570 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Philman wrote: »
    Yeah I agree the lag has been bad. I am an IT professional with a 400Mbps download speed with 25Mbps upload. Xbox one x. No connection issues with other games. I have port forwarding turned on for Xbox all tests always turn out fine. However BFII lags like an old donkey with 4 bad legs. If the multiplayer connection for this game was that donkey I would shoot it and turn it to glue.

As an IT professional you should know that for a low ping a down/up speed is not that relevant but line quality is. Gaming data is tiny tiny. No errors = less re-sends , less delay etc ... its not the connections is most likely the Lag Compensators Algos. at EA and perhaps servers pushing out the tiny data fast enough
  • Welcome to my world. My latency was so bad since launch and the game is still unplayable. I only play arcade and campaign. :neutral:
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • jonci wrote: »
    Well i suppose i will get chained to a fence and publicly whipped for this comment but whatever, Let the stoning, accusations of "witch burn him at the stake" and forum humiliation to begin for my blasphemy.

I would suggest and would welcome no further releases / add on's (DLC) season 2 etc, other than patches for this game, until its all sorted. Lets have the basics working before we add more garbage into the mix and make it even worse.
    >:) >:) >:)

I totally agree.

But, this game has gotten worse with every single patch so far.

The amount of Bugs has piled up to the sky.

How on earth shall they be able to fix that?

And yes, I don't Need any new Content on top of this, if they can't even fix the lag... and the most horrible Bugs.
  • Just came back to the game,after newest patch it is a laggy mess. Worse than it has ever been for me. It is to the point of unplayable in multiplayer.
  • hsf_
    1453 posts Member
    Battlefield seems to have similar issue's as Battlefront 2. I can't find games via the matchmaking and it puts me in empty servers, the server browser is full of 254 ping empty servers and they're all based in America. When I finally did get a European server, I had 89 ping. The exact same thing on Battlefront 2. My ping test to the UK(where I live) is always somewhere between 140ms and 220ms. I can't find games unless I change it to Germany, which is usually in the 200ms mark, very ridiculous.
    I go to the server browser in Steam, see a Multiplay CSGO server with a ping of 11. Please fix this as it's making the game unplayable at times!
  • Thank you for this post. It makes everyone who reads it feel less crazy.

This random Thursday morning in March, low traffic play time, I had no lag. It was beautiful. My kill count with just assault went from average of 23 to 50. Because I could actually predict actions correctly. When I rolled, or shot, it was timed correctly w/ on screen actions. I had this one face off with 4 opponents and I WON. Not possible with lag. I giggled like a little kid because it was so fun. That's one day out of months. Do we all need therapy for buying a toy that doesn't work as advertised? I think so.

Turns out, lag is a great teacher of skill, but to use it, the lag and glitches have to leave. It forces you to be more careful. That one morning gave me hope, but I am losing it again because since the server went down and came back online, the glitches are larger now. Maybe the game is smoother, but I'm losing larger chunks of action.

I also have a great connection, <20 ping on all tests, but 32 ms ping to Oregon BF2 server. Port forwarding on. You know, the whole thing.
  • Since day one lag has been a big part of this game. And many post have been made. Lag It's in the game!
  • RJD66 wrote: »
    Just came back to the game,after newest patch it is a laggy mess. Worse than it has ever been for me. It is to the point of unplayable in multiplayer.

A month later and your post still stands.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Their netcode is just bad. The lag compensation is ridiculous. They should get in touch with Respawn's people to get it sorted out.
  • Maybe they can get these guys to code for them?

dbpc67op39ku.jpg

PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • They could probably come up with better solutions than Dice could.

I have none of the issues I experience in this game in TF2 and they are very similar scope wise. I figure Respawn's peeps could help them out huge time.

This is an issue that is spread across all Dice releases, I've seen similar complaints stretching back to Battlefield 3.
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    Sometimes I'm pretty sure we're not placed in the servers that we have set in options.
  • I've been playing BF2015 the last week or so due to this.

Been having quite a bit of fun with it, too.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    No lag on PS4 pro
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Haven’t had problems in a while.

X1 New York
  • Wish I could say the same. X1 (Virginia server) ping is actually down to 24ms (from the 36 it was when I first posted this thread), yet I still have the same issues.

Getting hit markers but damage doesn't register, no grenade indicators, my grenades are 'duds' a good portion of the time, everytime I 'successfully' roll, I'm warped back to where I was dead.

Basically it's like I'm 1.5-2s behind everyone.

I would edit the title to say Lag/Lag compensation is ridiculous.

It almost seems like I'm being penalized for having a great connection.
  • Rook008
    816 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    danilojbg wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm pretty sure we're not placed in the servers that we have set in options.

My theory is that the data center that you choose in options is just a starting point. The game looks for matches there first before moving down the line to the data center that's next on the list.
    That's why when I want to play, I pick a game type and if it takes more than about 10 seconds to start joining a game, I cancel and try again. I'm not sure it works, and it could just be a coincidence, but I haven't seen any lag in a long time. Xbox One, Virginia servers from NYC.

Edit: Also, if you're in a party with someone who plays on a different server, you might end up on a server that's relatively "far" from you.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Rook008
    816 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    OP, were you playing Starfighter Assault today? If so, was it still laggy?

I thought I saw someone with a gamertag that said something like DarthN3farious.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Darth_Nefarious
    713 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Sure was, I thought that might have been you.

Yeah happens in SA too, my targets tend to jump across their flight paths (blinking in and out from one position to the next) and I've 'hit' debris well out of range (from my POV) of said debris, sometimes as far as 100ft away. Oddly, when I scope in the screen starts shaking like crazy (had that happen in the Trooper modes as well).
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »

My theory is that the data center that you choose in options is just a starting point. The game looks for matches there first before moving down the line to the data center that's next on the list.
    That's why when I want to play, I pick a game type and if it takes more than about 10 seconds to start joining a game, I cancel and try again. I'm not sure it works, and it could just be a coincidence, but I haven't seen any lag in a long time. Xbox One, Virginia servers from NYC.

Edit: Also, if you're in a party with someone who plays on a different server, you might end up on a server that's relatively "far" from you.

I do exactly that. I usually try several times with that 10 second limit. If there's an ongoing lobby in my region (not always the case), it usually works eventually.

Even then, it's a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I insta-join matches that I suspect are not in the correct server, because of the bad connection indicator.

It also happens that when I change my original region on options, I can't switch back to it. If I set it back to the original, go back to the menu and return to EA account options, the current server won't be the same I had set seconds before. As if they'd disabled it. I could be very wrong, but I suspect it may be an evidence of the game sometimes placing us in other regions regardless, even before they expand the search due to lack of lobbies.
  • Phyrebrat
    709 posts Member
    Adding my voice to chorus of disgust at the lag: PS4 pro.

I rarely play for more than - say - 20 mins if I even fire it up.

pH
  • Also adding my voice to the thread - Loved the game, but sadly it's completely unplayable with server lags. Haven't had this issue in any other game for ages, playing on PS4.

It's sad that the game focused on multiplayer has such issue with their servers - and from what I've noticed, it's been months now, no fixed whatsoever. Shame.
  • Cahhmakt
    218 posts Member
    “WAI” EA
  • TheStalker88
    6060 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No lag whatsoever on my xbone. My download speed can reach over 50mb/s but that is pretty average for the current gen internet. Modem quality matters too I guess. My last modem was fried so the speeds and connections broke regularly. I had a cheap ACN modem back then vs the tower looking box modem I have now
  • Somehow when I play the game with a friend and he is the one searching for a room (He has never experienced lags), server starts being laggy for me after more than 3-4 games.

Maybe at least some of you will be able to enjoy a few games without this sad and completely not needed experience. Hope it gets fixed sooner than later.

Greets.
  • I'm soo effin glad I'm not the only one. I have a great connection and have zero problems with any other game on XB1. But lately this game can get frustrating with the lag. I just finished what was probably the worst match Ive ever been in.

My aim kept drifting at random, sprint stuttering, and my speeder bike was taking damage without even hitting anything or anyone hitting me.

For the longest I thought my controller was going bad and even played around with the analog dead zone option to no avail.
  • Zenosa
    178 posts Member
    Wish I could say the same. X1 (Virginia server) ping is actually down to 24ms (from the 36 it was when I first posted this thread), yet I still have the same issues.

Getting hit markers but damage doesn't register, no grenade indicators, my grenades are 'duds' a good portion of the time, everytime I 'successfully' roll, I'm warped back to where I was dead.

Basically it's like I'm 1.5-2s behind everyone.

I would edit the title to say Lag/Lag compensation is ridiculous.

It almost seems like I'm being penalized for having a great connection.

+

Rook008 wrote: »

I do exactly that. I usually try several times with that 10 second limit. If there's an ongoing lobby in my region (not always the case), it usually works eventually.

Even then, it's a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I insta-join matches that I suspect are not in the correct server, because of the bad connection indicator.

It also happens that when I change my original region on options, I can't switch back to it. If I set it back to the original, go back to the menu and return to EA account options, the current server won't be the same I had set seconds before. As if they'd disabled it. I could be very wrong, but I suspect it may be an evidence of the game sometimes placing us in other regions regardless, even before they expand the search due to lack of lobbies.

I know the problem perfectly !!
    I managed to solve it in Battlefront (2015)

The problem is easy to understand :
    On Battlefront (2015) we can remove the choice of servers: automatic.
    I chose Europe in Battlefront (2015) and have never had any lag issues.

Now in Battlefront II !!!
    It is strictly impossible to remove the automatic choice.
    So when the game does not find a server in your region then you are heading to another region with a ping not necessarily bad but which advantage the opposing players.

How to solve the problem ? :
    DICE must give us the opportunity to remove the automatic choice and choose our region.

You want an example for DICE ? :
    Take Palpatine in HvV and test your lightnings on Luke Skywalker: If Luke takes 0 damage and protects himself unlimited then there is server problem.
    ==>> I even have a player who confessed to taking no damage.

++Ask the moderator to get the message to DICE
  • Old_fella_1963
    4570 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @Zenos not sure you understand what is going on ( does anyone except DICE ;-) ) .. the lag compensation algorithm - even staying in your region will not solve all the issues. Perversely going out of your region ( via 'MM' ) can give you a big plus versus those playing in their region
  • Zenosa
    178 posts Member
    @Zenos not sure you understand what is going on ( does anyone except DICE ;-) ) .. the lag compensation algorithm - even staying in your region will not solve all the issues. Perversely going out of your region ( via 'MM' ) can give you a big plus versus those playing in their region

it does not change anything.
    DICE must let us be able to choose our region to help isolate the problem.
    It would already be a good start to start.

50% on average: I'm headed in a server that is not from Europe.

Do you find that logical ? No.