criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

[Yoda] Specific Ideas for Improvement

This is related to my no-block experiment post, but I feel like Yoda could use even more work to become more effective and fun-to-play.

Again, we've seen his duels with Dooku and Sidious, we know he can parry and block. So it's simply out of character, and not in keeping with what we've seen in the films. While I like Yoda's Unleash power, and how it charges with blaster fire, it is nearly useless against three lightsaber wielders and Boba Fett's rockets. As far as the rockets go, why couldn't Unleash repel the rockets off to the side?

Perhaps also his dodge needs some serious work. He is too easily overwhelmed by most lightsaber heroes, especially Vader. I'd love to see his dodge be a flip rather than a backwards dash--like we saw in the films. Perhaps also in narrow corridors he could flip and bound off a wall into a counter attack. Obi-Wan remarks to Anakin in Attack of the Clones: "If you practiced your saber technique the way you do your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman." Right now Yoda is not a swordsman even at all, and is a liability in most HvV matches.

Replies

• He should be able to block blaster fire and sabers, have faster saber animations and have a double jump with a flip.
  • Saboteur6
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Any of what has been mentioned would be nice but I'd be happy if he just got his old dash back. He's so vulnerable in melee now that it's pathetic. I don't necessarily think that he needs to be able to block sabers but I do think Presence needs to be buffed to do something additional on activation. Few ideas (there's are either / or suggestions. I'm not trying to make him OP).

Presence specific buffs:
    - Presence grants timed immunity to Force powers and/or breaks CC for friendly Heroes in range in addition to +Bonus Health.
    - Presence casts Silence on enemies in range in addition to +Bonus Health.
    - Presence grants Yoda extra movement for duration (jump height, double jump, flip dashes.) in addition to +Bonus Health.
    - Presence grants Yoda combat buffs (+attack speed, double hitting normals) in addition to +Bonus Health.
    - Presence functions like Luke's Repulse on activation in that it becomes a Pbaoe with knock back in addition to +Bonus Health.
    - Presence grants +Health Regen in addition to +Bonus Health.

Absorb mechanic buffs:
    Yoda's unique gimmick of absorbing blasterfire instead of having a saber block reflect is extremely situational and super vulnerable to saber melee so it needs to be more beneficial. I propose having block Absorb blue bar fill up for ALL his abilities and give them additional effects based on Absorb levels so:

- Unleash : No change, maybe buff it's start up animation so it fires quicker.
    - Presence : This should be support role related so it should do some variation (either/or) of CC (pbaoe knockback) Health Regen (have it do +Health Regen bases on blue bar level), Buff (Force power immunity duration scaling on blue bar) or Debuff (Silence on opposing Heroes w/duration scaling on blue bar.
    - Dash: His offensive/mobility ability. Blue bar adds a wide Force cone shockwave with the Dash that causes some stagger / cone bonus damage all scaling off of blue bar.

Any variation of this would be impactful.
    TL/DR: Yoda needs more buffs across mobility, his Absorb mechanic, and his support role. His unique aspects need to be more impactful.
    Post edited by Saboteur6 on

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    he needs to be much better at fighting other saber heroes. If they can improve him in that aspect yoda will be one of the best heroes then for GA. he already is great against troopers just needs to deal more damage or block against other heroes
  • Saboteur6
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Double post please delete
    Post edited by Saboteur6 on

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Axone
    353 posts Member
    Yoda need to have his old dodge back with no cooldown ( the same as before 1.2 patches) because this is the only tool that he can contend against lightsaber opponent.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    Yoda i think is a beast in GA. is only problem is that he sucks at taking on other heroes. But he can dominate normal troopers