criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Star Wars 9

What do you guys think will happen in Star Wars 9?

BTW, I wish they will call Star Wars 9 "The Stars in Space." What do you guys think?

Replies

• Are you referring to the racism that happened in Rogue One?
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1798 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    On a more serious note, I had what could easily be a "too good to be true" thought about how the ending of Episode 9 could play out. Since this contains Rebels finale details, I'll warn it's got spoilers for that:

It's likely Ezra took Thrawn to Chiss Space in the Unknown Regions. Ahsoka and Sabine go after him. What if neither of them ever return, and the Chiss end up engaging the First Order in that part of the Galaxy?

So in the wake of Episodes 7 and 8, the Chiss get the upper hand against the First Order in the Unknown Regions. With Sabine's influence, they form an alliance with the Mandalorians, and take control of that area of space.

In Episode 8, the Resistance is trying to contact allies. What if these are their allies? So in Episode 9, when things look at the end, a Chiss/Mandalorian fleet jumps in and engages the First Order. Ahsoka and Ezra Bridger are with the fleet. Ezra and Sabine are married with a couple of Jedi kids. Ahsoka, Ezra, and the kids back up Rey against Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren. They win the battle, the First Order is defeated, and the new Republic is restored as allies of the Chiss and Mandalorians.

Ezra, Ahoska, Rey, and Ezra's kids re-establish the Jedi Order and be the new Jedi Council. Ezra would be the same age as Luke and Leia were. Ahsoka 16 years older. Ezra's kids would be about Rey's age.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I think Luke will die

(The Last Jedi is the 9th movie)
  • If Tatooine is not in it I will not watch.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think Luke will die

But didn't he die in the 8th film?
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think Luke will die

Also, what was episode 8 if The Last Jedi wasn't it?
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I hope Hux gets some dignity back by turning on Kylo, and actually succeeds.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • @mattbohrer
    I’m just screwing with you.

Technically “Episode 8: The Last Jedi” is the 9th Star Wars movie because of Rogue One.
  • DarthJ
    6656 posts Member
    Too hard to predict, since TLJ cut most of the plot points off or wrapped them up. Most I can say is inevitable Rey vs Kylo, and force ghost Luke to appear. First Order to finally disappear and taking their incompetence with them
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15658 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Too hard to predict, since TLJ cut most of the plot points off or wrapped them up. Most I can say is inevitable Rey vs Kylo, and force ghost Luke to appear. First Order to finally disappear and taking their incompetence with them

Rey vs crylo will be so boring, we already watched Rey smash him with no training.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    I hope Hux gets some dignity back by turning on Kylo, and actually succeeds.

That's honestly how it should go. But we've already seen Snoke declare him to be utterly incompentant and that the only reason he kept him around was because he was easy to manipulate

And honestly at this point if Hux succeeded and actually beat Kylo. That would just make Kylo look even worse then he currently is

The ST has made a mockery of every single villain it has introduced from temper tantrums, funny faces, death scenes, shirtless scenes, just doing nothing

The final entry in the ST bears nothing that could even be close to interesting

At this point I suspect that most of it will take place in the Afterlife of the Force and involve Vader and Palpatine because that's pretty much the only interesting thing they could do
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Things I think will happen:

Phasma will be back. They made it a point to be clear her armor was extremely strong. She may have fell but I think she escaped and will probably have a scarred face from the fire since Finn broke her helmet shield.

Luke will return as a force ghost. They admitted he never got to teach his final lesson, he will return to Rey as a ghost to do so.

I do think there will be some kind of time jump. Right before the time jump, I have a feeling they will start the movie with the funeral of Leia. Then do like "4 years later" or something. If not, they will just do the time jump and reference her and say "she succumbed to her injuries" after what had happened.

We will finally see the Knights of Ren in some form. I think Kylo will also complete his journey to the dark side. It's clear he wants to even though he is conflicted. It would be too much like ROTJ like when Vader turned good again and I think they are going for the opposite here. Unless they do some kind of redeeming angle which I think would be less interesting.

DJ will play a huge role. The mention that someone has been supplying BOTH sides of the war was a big clue to something larger. Finn and Rose might search the galaxy for him or maybe for force sensitive children to try to start a new Jedi order.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    I'm sure they will make episode 9 ''The Search for More Money'' but it will has a lot of work to do to fill in all the gaps left by TLJ.

On that note, 'Honest Trailers' just released their video for TLJ. It's pretty funny.

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    i hope to god its not star wars rebels the movie

inb4 sabine or some poorly written character comes and saves the day for the rebels
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • What do you guys think will happen in Star Wars 9?

BTW, I wish they will call Star Wars 9 "The Stars in Space." What do you guys think?
    My bad; it's actually going to be called "The Rise of Skywalker."  I'm still excited though!
  • The fans will be disappointed and rage.

Leia will die.

Finn, Force willing, will kill all the Stormtroopers while highlighting how they were never his friends.

Some one, hopefully, will acknowledge that the Mandalorians are fundamentally evil.

Kylo Ren will continue to be the biggest loser the franchise has ever seen.

Lando will adopt every one.

Palpatine will ***** slap everyone.

Luke will not be the cowardly useless ***** he was in TLJ.

So on and so forth.
  • Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    Star Wars back to the future

The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • bfloo
    15658 posts Member
    The fans will be disappointed and rage.

Leia will die.

Finn, Force willing, will kill all the Stormtroopers while highlighting how they were never his friends.

Some one, hopefully, will acknowledge that the Mandalorians are fundamentally evil.

Palpatine will **** slap everyone.

Luke will not be the cowardly useless **** he was in TLJ.

So on and so forth.
    Why are Mandalorians evil?

They are a culture based on conquest and survival of the fittest.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo said:

Leia will die.

So on and so forth.

Thank you for answering your own question.
  • bfloo
    15658 posts Member
    bfloo said:

Leia will die.

So on and so forth.

Lets see, Mandos never enslaves other cultures, they assimilated and were all inclusive.

The Jedi used a slave army and were very exclusive, to the point they restricted knowledge the rest of the galaxy could use.

Should we call the jedi evil as well?

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo said:
    bfloo said:

Leia will die.

So on and so forth.

Lets see, Mandos never enslaves other cultures, they assimilated and were all inclusive.

The Jedi used a slave army and were very exclusive, to the point they restricted knowledge the rest of the galaxy could use.

Two things:

One, yes the Mandalorians did enslave and conquer cultures during their warmongering days.

Two, the corruption, degradation and yes, slide into evil of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars is. a. freaking. plot point!

That was a huge chunk of Palpatine's goal. It's why a good chunk of the Inquisitors are made up of former Jedi. It's Anakin's entire. It's why Yoda and Obi-Wan separate the Skywalker twins and have them raised semi-normally. It's what Luke ***** about throughout TLJ. It's why, initially, the Jedi were going to wear all black during the Prequels; to symbolize their corruption. It was scrapped because people thought the audience would confuse them with the Sith but honestly? It would have made the Prequels so much better. People would realize that the Jedi aren't perfect, weren't being framed as the ultimate good, and that the Prequels are a story of how much the Order blew it as they Palpatine's machinations and Anakin's fall.

TL;DR: Yes, the Mandalorians did conquer and enslave others. No, the Jedi were not evil... most of the time. But they slipped up bad during the Clone Wars and doomed the galaxy.
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Star wars the phanboi menace
  • bfloo said:
    bfloo said:

Leia will die.

So on and so forth.

Spoken like a true sith.
  • AccurateThings
    491 posts Member
    edited August 8
    They discover a time traveling machine and get on it to change the outcome of the previous major wars, but everything gets screwed up and the sequel trilogy turns into The New Republic vs a new sith empire
  • bfloo
    15658 posts Member
    mattbohrer wrote: »
    bfloo said:

falconlord5 said:

bfloo said:

falconlord5 said:

Leia will die.

So on and so forth.

Spoken like a true sith.

If the Jedi weren't so flawed in the PT, their fall would have been hard to swallow.

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    Jedi=space samurai
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.