criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Premier Skins?

With the possibilities being further opened up on customization to come, I thought they might take a page from NetherRealm’s Injustice 2. A select few characters in that game have an optional bonus skin that is quite pricey and can be purchased with MTX, but turns that character into a new character via looks, dialogue, and sounds while the move set remains identical. I think that’d be a great model to follow in Battlefront 2.
They could be set at a premium price of say 100,000 credits or a few thousand crystals, and along with changing the character’s looks, it could come along with 3 new emotes that are locked to that skin. No animations would need to be changed which would make it very practical to implement.
Examples:
  1. Darth Maul could receive a premier skin of Savage Opress
    qr006bcxwi7i.png
  2. Bossk could receive a premier skin of his father Cradossk
    lvgekb7bjmpn.jpeg
  3. Chewie could receive a premier skin of Tarfful
    snnf4xqkbg0w.png
It’d require little effort on the Devs part aside from some minor voice acting. However I would NOT use premier skins to implement characters such as Jango, Padme, etc because they are too important to Star Wars to just stuff in underhandedly. They’d deserve actual hero spots, but this would be a good way to expand your hero roster to other minor characters without taking up any spaces.
Feel free to discuss!
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• Zenosa
    225 posts Member
    ... ... ... ... ...

lfqfzdtv5dz2.jpg
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    With the possibilities being further opened up on customization to come, I thought they might take a page from NetherRealm’s Injustice 2. A select few characters in that game have an optional bonus skin that is quite pricey and can be purchased with MTX, but turns that character into a new character via looks, dialogue, and sounds while the move set remains identical. I think that’d be a great model to follow in Battlefront 2.
    They could be set at a premium price of say 100,000 credits or a few thousand crystals, and along with changing the character’s looks, it could come along with 3 new emotes that are locked to that skin. No animations would need to be changed which would make it very practical to implement.
    Examples:
      qr006bcxwi7i.png
      lvgekb7bjmpn.jpeg
      snnf4xqkbg0w.png
    It’d require little effort on the Devs part aside from some minor voice acting. However I would NOT use premier skins to implement characters such as Jango, Padme, etc because they are too important to Star Wars to just stuff in underhandedly. They’d deserve actual hero spots, but this would be a good way to expand your hero roster to other minor characters without taking up any spaces.
    Feel free to discuss!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAAAAAHAA!!!
    ........you serious? Forget “skins” they need to be heroes!
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I actually really quite like this idea OP. Characters like Savage definitely DON'T deserve to take up spots on the hero roster, but having them in as clone characters could definitely work.

Not really wild about your picks or Cradossk or Tarfful, but the idea is definitely solid. That being said I can't really think of any other viable alternatives, lol.
    Examples:
      qr006bcxwi7i.png
      lvgekb7bjmpn.jpeg
      snnf4xqkbg0w.png
    Feel free to discuss!

Absolutely
    You really want these minor guys to have actual spots? To each their own I suppose mate, I can understand wanting your favorites to make it.
    Technically they would be “heroes” per se just not of their own design, it was a really popular and well received idea on NetherRealm’s part for Injustice 2. I know I had no issue buying source crystals to unlock John Stewart Green Lantern premier skin and to me that was satisfying to play as, and I think it’d work super well in this game. Tons of possibilities for alternate similar characters. Pre Vizsla premier skin for Boba perhaps? Darth Sidious skin for the Emperor like mentioned above? Cassian Andor premier skin for Han Solo in case he didn’t make it into a Rogue One content drop?
  • It'd be a good way to get lots of Lightsaber characters. Minor ones like Aayla Secura or Ki-Adi-Mundi could be put on top of Luke or Rey's move set.

• The only problem I see is in HvV if someone else is Maul, you won't be able to be Opress.

• RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    I want the Last Jedi Luke skin & The Force Awakens Solo...........Star Wars fans around the world will pay a premium to let these iconic heroes #LiveForever.
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    The only problem I see is in HvV if someone else is Maul, you won't be able to be Opress.

Not really a big issue imo, no different from your main hero being already taken. Everyone and their nans are playing Luke right now because he has a new skin, but I haven't seen anyone up in arms that they can't play Luke.
  • Love this idea (love it in Injustice 2 as well)
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The only problem I see is in HvV if someone else is Maul, you won't be able to be Opress.

Not really a big issue imo, no different from your main hero being already taken. Everyone and their nans are playing Luke right now because he has a new skin, but I haven't seen anyone up in arms that they can't play Luke.

I think it's a bit different when it's the same character in a different skin compared to two different characters who share a single character slot.

• Please no "premium skins" that change heroes to other star wars characters. That's not how it should be in battlefront
  • GreenMarc wrote: »
    Please no "premium skins" that change heroes to other star wars characters. That's not how it should be in battlefront

Not for main characters, just for those characters people want that aren't worth creating a full hero moveset for.

WildSpace wrote: »
    Examples:
      qr006bcxwi7i.png
      lvgekb7bjmpn.jpeg
      snnf4xqkbg0w.png
    Feel free to discuss!

Absolutely
    You really want these minor guys to have actual spots? To each their own I suppose mate, I can understand wanting your favorites to make it.
    Technically they would be “heroes” per se just not of their own design, it was a really popular and well received idea on NetherRealm’s part for Injustice 2. I know I had no issue buying source crystals to unlock John Stewart Green Lantern premier skin and to me that was satisfying to play as, and I think it’d work super well in this game. Tons of possibilities for alternate similar characters. Pre Vizsla premier skin for Boba perhaps? Darth Sidious skin for the Emperor like mentioned above? Cassian Andor premier skin for Han Solo in case he didn’t make it into a Rogue One content drop?

If Bossk and Iden arent "minor guys" then I don't know why Savage Opress would be considered one. Not only is he voiced by the Legendary Clancy Brown, but his entire style is different than Maul. Savage is a tank when it comes to physical damage, but an absolute pushover when it comes to force powers defense. He is definitely not the speedy fighter maul is.

I mean really once we have Doku and General Grevious and Jango that fills out all villains with any real film screen time. Who do we get after that? The "walking Meme" Greedo? The "literally an extra" Dengar?

Now don't get me wrong, I would like those guys to make it as well, but they are the definition of minor guys. As long as a character can have an interesting play style they would be a great addition in my opinion, and with how much of an overhaul they put into progression makes it seem like they have long term plans for this game, which means after a few releases all the remaining major players will pretty much be covered.

Also, and this is actually the main reason I don't like the idea, it would stop those characters from being together, even though they belong together. If some one plays Savage Oppress, Darth Maul would be locked. It's like the Han Lando glitch but by design.

Injustice has the benefit (in this situation) of being a one on one format, where this works much better than a team format. I could see how this could work, and if it was the only option for these characters to be included then it would be better than nothing, but I think it would really unfortunate to lose the unique character styles and just have them as skins.
  • No. I don't want this. Savage should be his own character.
  • Great idea!

Every skin should be attainable via playing, even if they are very expensive. These skins would be so cool and I would consider paying for them.
  • No. I don't want this. Savage should be his own character.
    I only used Savage and the others as examples, sorry if some of you misunderstood that.
    Examples:
      qr006bcxwi7i.png
      lvgekb7bjmpn.jpeg
      snnf4xqkbg0w.png
    Feel free to discuss!

Absolutely

If Bossk and Iden arent "minor guys" then I don't know why Savage Opress would be considered one. Not only is he voiced by the Legendary Clancy Brown, but his entire style is different than Maul. Savage is a tank when it comes to physical damage, but an absolute pushover when it comes to force powers defense. He is definitely not the speedy fighter maul is.

I mean really once we have Doku and General Grevious and Jango that fills out all villains with any real film screen time. Who do we get after that? The "walking Meme" Greedo? The "literally an extra" Dengar?

Now don't get me wrong, I would like those guys to make it as well, but they are the definition of minor guys. As long as a character can have an interesting play style they would be a great addition in my opinion, and with how much of an overhaul they put into progression makes it seem like they have long term plans for this game, which means after a few releases all the remaining major players will pretty much be covered.

Also, and this is actually the main reason I don't like the idea, it would stop those characters from being together, even though they belong together. If some one plays Savage Oppress, Darth Maul would be locked. It's like the Han Lando glitch but by design.

Injustice has the benefit (in this situation) of being a one on one format, where this works much better than a team format. I could see how this could work, and if it was the only option for these characters to be included then it would be better than nothing, but I think it would really unfortunate to lose the unique character styles and just have them as skins.

I get this, I really do, I was just trying to have a realistic outlook on who we get as full slotted heroes in the future. Personally it seemed unlikely to me to have 2 separate dark side double blade users, even if savage would have a pretty cool style of brutish, animalistic attack moves. But if he did enter the game as a full fledged hero I wouldn’t oppose it in the least since you’re right, there are quite few A-list villains before you start getting obscure.

The design of a system like this wouldn't be a lockout on Maul to someone selecting, for example, Savage simply because in game they'd be the same person. Luke didn’t get a second selection on the hero bar just for the Hoth skin that locks the other out, it’s purely a personal skin on your hero.
    It'd be exactly the same as it is now when a hero is already chosen. To the other teammates on a HvV screen you’d have Maul selected, it’d be Maul exactly just with a skin that you paid for to have him converted to Savage. Then he’d have Savage emotes and banter that is unique to that skin.
    It would be I know, especially since most characters are quite unique. Maul and Opress together would be a sight to be behold(a terrifying one). I just think at some point they have to start making hard choices of who gets included and I want to see a large variety still make it. Like a Quinlan Vos skin on maybe Luke or a future hero. I’d pay $$ for that if it was implemented as a premier skin.
  • You're still thinking too small, I don't just want two duel Lightsaber darksiders, I also want the incredible Master Pong Krell!
    giphy.gif
  • You're still thinking too small, I don't just want two duel Lightsaber darksiders, I also want the incredible Master Pong Krell!
    giphy.gif
    I’m down for that lol that would be awesome!
    ———————————
    Maybe @Guillaume-Dice @TOTALfps @Mr_Taver you guys could pass this premier skin system around upstairs? I’d really like to know what the team thinks!
  • Spiito
    1866 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Not every named character will get made into their own hero/villain... That's just how it is. But a Premier Skin for MTX would be the next closest thing, right? I'm okay with this if it means we can see a larger influx of named characters. Depa Billaba would probably never win any popularity contests, to get her own spot in the game. But if she was just a Premier skin, she'd still be an option, at least? Same with Kit Fisto and Master Plo Koon.
    (Completionists or Collectors might be willing to obtain every skin. I know I'll be buying a lot...)
    Greedo the bounty hunter (which I hope will eventually be added as his own hero, considering the Darkside doesn't have a pistol user...) could get a Premier Skin of Jakoli. (Jakoli was a Rodian Bounty Hunter who died in an episode of The Clone Wars - The Box. Brief ""camera time"" But just his visuals simply placed over Greedo would be enough to add to the roster without thinking up new abilities, animations, or anything.)

*If* Savage Opress can't be made into his own Villain, I'd settle for taking him as a Premier Skin. (There was a glitch where multiple Mauls could be present in a match of HvV. So a feature to allow duplicate heroes in a match, only if a premier skin is equipped, might be feasible??)
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It would be cool, but I'm not sure... as long as they put the option to change your skin in the spawn menu, I'd be down for it.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Not every named character will get made into their own hero/villain... That's just how it is. But a Premier Skin for MTX would be the next closest thing, right? I'm okay with this if it means we can see a larger influx of named characters. Depa Billaba would probably never win any popularity contests, to get her own spot in the game. But if she was just a Premier skin, she'd still be an option, at least? Same with Kit Fisto and Master Plo Koon.
    (Completionists or Collectors might be willing to obtain every skin. I know I'll be buying a lot...)
    Greedo the bounty hunter (which I hope will eventually be added as his own hero, considering the Darkside doesn't have a pistol user...) could get a Premier Skin of Jakoli. (Jakoli was a Rodian Bounty Hunter who died in an episode of The Clone Wars - The Box. Brief ""camera time"" But just his visuals simply placed over Greedo would be enough to add to the roster without thinking up new abilities, animations, or anything.)

*If* Savage Opress can't be made into his own Villain, I'd settle for taking him as a Premier Skin. (There was a glitch where multiple Mauls could be present in a match of HvV. So a feature to allow duplicate heroes in a match, only if a premier skin is equipped, might be feasible??)
    This is exactly what I’m thinking that’d make this such a valuable system to add into the game. I mean it’s Star Wars! Everyone’s going to have a different favorite character that might not make it as their own hero, but this would give them the option to be who they want regardless. The customization would absolutely have so much more depth and possibilities if alternative character premier skins became a feature.
    Hate Rey for some reason? Pay €5.99/150,000 credits and get a Aayla Secura premier skin for her! We get Greedo and you want to be Jakoli instead? Premier skin. It’s a win win for EA and the fans. No current hero gets bumped from their spot unless you want to switch it up and the other spots are opened up for the highlight heroes/villains.
    I think double heroes for premier skins might be a bit OP, imagine a palpatine and a palpatine with a premier skin on in at the same time... *shudders*
  • This has been talked about before and people didn't like how characters didn't match styles. Like said above some characters don't have the same style of fighting etc and would cause problems. I agree I don't want to see a character acting like they shouldn't.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Hrafn_Fel wrote: »
    This has been talked about before and people didn't like how characters didn't match styles. Like said above some characters don't have the same style of fighting etc and would cause problems. I agree I don't want to see a character acting like they shouldn't.
    I think the point was that they had different move sets and play styles. For example , with Maul and Savage Oppress, Maul is more hit and run, force oriented, very quick and nimble, whereas Savage is more of a physical tank - probably health on par with Vader, about the same speed as Vader as well I guess (quite slow), but not many force powers. Maybe a saber charge which works more like Rey's than Maul's, where he runs forwards, spinning his lightsaber side to side, and he can knock over anyone he hits. Maybe some sort of ground-pound as well?

OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
    giphy.gif

Light or dark?
  • Spiito
    1866 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This is exactly what I’m thinking that’d make this such a valuable system to add into the game. I mean it’s Star Wars! Everyone’s going to have a different favorite character that might not make it as their own hero, but this would give them the option to be who they want regardless. The customization would absolutely have so much more depth and possibilities if alternative character premier skins became a feature.
    Hate Rey for some reason? Pay €5.99/150,000 credits and get a Aayla Secura premier skin for her! We get Greedo and you want to be Jakoli instead? Premier skin. It’s a win win for EA and the fans. No current hero gets bumped from their spot unless you want to switch it up and the other spots are opened up for the highlight heroes/villains.
    I think double heroes for premier skins might be a bit OP, imagine a palpatine and a palpatine with a premier skin on in at the same time... *shudders*
    Yep. I love your idea & I think it's a win win for both sides too. (Some things need to be taken into consideration though.)
    More than one Palpatine styled character... That was an interesting thing to consider, but... Who else in Star Wars Canon exclusively uses lightning? Because of that, imo, Palpatine doesn't make a good base for *premier skins* he is too unique. (Although a good base for regular old "change your clothes today" skins, for sure.) ****So with premier skins what about more than one palpatine actually being in play...
    To some extent, we have to have more/new base heroes added for variations in fighting styles. From there; good premier skins *that actually fit the context* would be a requirement. As an example... Obviously we wouldn't want Gregar Typho being a premier skin for Luke.
    We need Base Kits with dual weapons (blaster or melee) to pave the road for more characters/premier skins who use that particular style of fighting. (****Like if we got a Ventress, she could have a Premier skin of Palpatine from when he takes on Maul and Savage.)
    tumblr_inline_o20clbxHyj1szmjhd_500-1.gif
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • Spiito
    1866 posts Member
    Hrafn_Fel wrote: »
    This has been talked about before and people didn't like how characters didn't match styles. Like said above some characters don't have the same style of fighting etc and would cause problems. I agree I don't want to see a character acting like they shouldn't.
    It has?
    *Uses the forum's search feature* ((Premier skin for Palpatine thread)) ((Premier skins like injustice2 thread))
    It looks like people just didn't want Snoke to be Palpatine's Premier skin? That's pretty specific. (I mean, if I proposed that Jar Jar be a premier skin for Leia, I imagine a lot of people would reject that idea too, but that doesn't mean all premier skins are bad ideas. Just some of them are.)

Hahah... Avert your eyes when I play, if you don't want to see characters acting like they shouldn't. Because I do not play characters as they should act/fight. ((Unless it's Kylo & Leia is the target, then I will make Kylo run away or just stand there and *not* kill his mom... Or... Sometimes I'll actively try and force pull her to safety away from being gangbanged by the rest of the team... But besides that!)) I adore parodies, crack-pairings, and fan-fics. I'd happily purchase a Jakoli Premier skin, regardless if the base Greedo isn't as much as a bamf in the fighting style department. (Which, actually, they both just used pistols ...So... It's not like there's really much difference there. *Shurg*)

I think if a person desperately wants to play as their favorite character, they might be willing to overlook a few things, in order to just have that character in the game, at all. But I dunno. I can't really gauge other people's passion and their willingness to turn a blind eye for something they love... No more than I can gauge people's control-freaky, nature being so restrictive, to the point that; some people want to play literally set battles that they would lose, because "that's how it would have happened in some episode or another. " (Yeesh)
  • Spiito wrote: »

This, I heard we're only getting 8 additional characters anyways.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • So if I understood it correctly from Elliot on BattlefrontUpdates, we may in fact be getting some premier skins in the near future! Although I’m sure they’ll be rebranded as legendary skins and I’m questionable as to whether or not they’ll be representing different characters like I’d have hoped for, but it does seem like it’ll be satisfying some other people’s wants.
    I’d strongly feel like we’ll be seeing these “Legendary” skins for our current heroes that will be complete with new dialogue to match their new look:
    • Young Han(Solo movie)
    • Possibly old Han(TFA)
    • Young Lando(Solo movie)
    • Old Grandmaster Luke(TFA/LJ)
    I don’t think I’d expect anything other than those 4 to start with as they are the most logical choices, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised!
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    I actually really quite like this idea OP. Characters like Savage definitely DON'T deserve to take up spots on the hero roster, but having them in as clone characters could definitely work.

Not really wild about your picks or Cradossk or Tarfful, but the idea is definitely solid. That being said I can't really think of any other viable alternatives, lol.
    Vader having an anakin skin with the hood could work with diffrent voice lines i mean he can force choke and everything
  • Themainman wrote: »
    moondynemc wrote: »
    I actually really quite like this idea OP. Characters like Savage definitely DON'T deserve to take up spots on the hero roster, but having them in as clone characters could definitely work.

Vader having an anakin skin with the hood could work with diffrent voice lines i mean he can force choke and everything

OMG NO it CANT, Would be beyond lame to see Anakin with Vader's moves, performing them at Vader's speed.