criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Pick your weather or time of day

It would be cool if we could pick weather or time of day before matches that would be visible to just the player and could be different for all the other players. Is this type of custom rendering option possible for each player?

Replies

• Umm no. Obviously everybody is going to choose the time of day/night/weather condition that best suits their class. Droids for example are very hard to see at night time on Kashyyyk. The challenge is being able to do good during whatever light or day time.
  • The real challenge is having to adjust your brightness every time you go from a dark map to a bright one.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Snowy Tatooine!
    1491592908892.jpeg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mightyeno wrote: »
    Umm no. Obviously everybody is going to choose the time of day/night/weather condition that best suits their class. Droids for example are very hard to see at night time on Kashyyyk. The challenge is being able to do good during whatever light or day time.

Its up to the player. They can always choose days for their games if they want visibility. If they want challenge then they can always choose night time. Let people pick their own settings.
  • If we had a map choice and or server browser showing what was available as we logged in and were about to choose a game, having this info available would be sweet. C'mon Dice/ea.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Server browser would shift the player base away from certain maps or modes so devs are too afraid to implement and fracture it. I agree with you tho. Let people pick and decide
  • I like the idea of maps having dynamic weather/time systems (random each time map loads), but we shouldn’t be able to choose it
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    Sounds fine for arcade. Otherwise, I’d prefer if everyone was on the same playing field.
  • For arcade
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I dont see how having control of weather for each player can effect anything. It's up to the player to decide if they want daylight for more visibility or night for more challenge and visually bigger and more exotic lighting contrast. I want to decide for myself what lighting environment I want to play in. Morning and evening settings would be awesome too
  • This is by far the worst idea I've seen around here
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    What's so bad about it? The lighting is rendered to everyone's liking and effects only you and your screen.