criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I need large scale star fighter assault and all skins and weapons unlocked for offline and I'm good.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I need large scale star fighter assault and all skins and weapons unlocked for offline and I'm good.

Weapons are already unlocked
    I need large scale star fighter assault and all skins and weapons unlocked for offline and I'm good.

Weapons are already unlocked

The weapons are unlocked but not the mods for them.

• Hey guys I spent a bit of time writing a priority list for arcade. It’s in the single player section titled priority list for arcade. Please check it out, I reckon most people will agree with my list. And hopefully at the start of the new quarter we will get info on what is coming up.
  • McMast13 wrote: »
    Hey guys I spent a bit of time writing a priority list for arcade. It’s in the single player section titled priority list for arcade. Please check it out, I reckon most people will agree with my list. And hopefully at the start of the new quarter we will get info on what is coming up.

Just did see my comment
    Hey guys I spent a bit of time writing a priority list for arcade. It’s in the single player section titled priority list for arcade. Please check it out, I reckon most people will agree with my list. And hopefully at the start of the new quarter we will get info on what is coming up.

Incredible I quoted. ;)
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    I liked that list as well.

Still hoping we get Starfighter Mode in Arcade for the April Update!

And then the Large Ground Battles with vehicles on ALL the large ground maps in an update after that.

And online support for Arcade shortly after that! :smiley:
    "All wings report in."

• I like your list and am glad you mentioned hero AI. I would love to see hero AI even the AI doesn't use all the skills. I would be fine if the devs changed some of the skills if they can't get some to work. They said they were having trouble with Han's shoulder charge. If they can't get that to work, they could swap it for FInn's skill where he makes sure the bullet doesn't miss.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

• Awesome video! When you mentioned first order versus clones, in my head I envisioned an ATM6 stomping down on Naboo and tie fighters in the skies!
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    McMast13 wrote: »

Yeah me too...I had created a thread on “Arcade Mode” ideas for Criterion.

P.S.- :D lmao, I did not notice I had created two different ones at two different points in time (rolls eyes), my memory ain’t what it used to be, lol. Any way here’s my ideas, hopes and dreams.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/86043/on-off-features-and-game-modes-i-would-love-to-see-selectable-in-the-offline-custom-arcade-menus#latest

and

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/86038/custom-arcade-mode-features-for-the-menus-select-screen-and-game-modes-for-it-etc#latest

and then there is your thread:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/104564/priority-list-for-arcade-mode

I’ll check your thread out if you’ll check out mine (sheepish innocent look). :)

Sincerely I which the Moderator would just combine all three threads as one.

Aaaaah I am so excited for what is coming next go Criterion, Motive and DICE.
    “There is always hope.”
  • this silence .... so quiet. does that mean something good?

• Nice vid. Offline also allows splitscreen, online usually doesn't.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

This seems more like a "nothing in the works" answer based on how it is worded :(

Hopefully that is not the case and its more like he just can't talk about it yet.

Dennis said that a large Arcade mode was in the works. Also, they said before that they won't confirm a release date for any new content or patches unless they are 100% certain it is going to arrive on schedule.

We could get Starfighter Assault for Arcade in the next patch and not know about it until we've downloaded it. Bespin was added to Arcade in the last patch, and it wasn't even listed as being available in Arcade in the patch notes...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

• No. No. No, that’s impossible! Noooooooooooo!
  • joeybmx7
    1020 posts Member
    I'm sure we will be getting a SOLO season with the new film, but of course knowing DICE, they will include LOTS of offline (AKA - SOLO SINGLE-PLAYER) content to tie into the theme.

If you think about it this should be OUR season. We know Dennis said that they were working on Arcade as a priority, along side with the progression system and career, which career is probably the cosmetic system, leaving Arcade the next major thing to drop.

I think we'll see the new large scale game mode in Arcade as soon as SOLO season drops. I mean it is SOLO after all. ;)
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
  • joeybmx7 wrote: »
    I'm sure we will be getting a SOLO season with the new film, but of course knowing DICE, they will include LOTS of offline (AKA - SOLO SINGLE-PLAYER) content to tie into the theme.

If you think about it this should be OUR season. We know Dennis said that they were working on Arcade as a priority, along side with the progression system and career, which career is probably the cosmetic system, leaving Arcade the next major thing to drop.

I think we'll see the new large scale game mode in Arcade as soon as SOLO season drops. I mean it is SOLO after all. ;)

Good point...
  • End of the month we should get SA new skins one GA map two heroes and a large scale mode.

Solo season will be at the end of May.

Skins are coming on the 17th. 28th is the update.

Trailer for season 2 on the 10th or 11th. Patch update on Thursday. Note that this is what they tell us what's going to happen following Monday Tuesday we will get that patch.

Wait checking my notes 2 planets. Two larger scale maps 2 hvv maps 4 blast maps note one is scarif the other is Jabba palace.

That's all I'm saying cause things could change.
    They have uneven heroes and villains for the game right now that's unreleased but they still want to have 4 of them come out but hard at work trying to get one working right.

I think I said too much at this point. But I sure as heck wish I new if it is clone wars rogue one new movie or solo I just don't have that info.

PS. This is just a guess I've put together all last week. So take it what it is. My wife and I been going back and forth reading devs reply to fans and being honest with ourselves on what might come and what might not.
    End of the month we should get SA new skins one GA map two heroes and a large scale mode.

Trailer for season 2 on the 10th or 11th. Patch update on Thursday. Note that this is what they tell us what's going to happen following Monday Tuesday we will get that patch.

Wait checking my notes 2 planets. Two larger scale maps 2 hvv maps 4 blast maps note one is scarif the other is Jabba palace.

They have uneven heroes and villains for the game right now that's unreleased but they still want to have 4 of them come out but hard at work trying to get one working right.

I think I said too much at this point. But I sure as heck wish I new if it is clone wars rogue one new movie or solo I just don't have that info.

PS. This is just a guess I've put together all last week. So take it what it is. My wife and I been going back and forth reading devs reply to fans and being honest with ourselves on what might come and what might not.

New Skins? Absolutely. Starfighter Assault Arcade? Definitely possible, even likely. One GA map? Possible. Two new Heroes? Unlikely, but I think there is the possibility of getting at least one new Hero Ship, like the N-1 Starfighter flown by Bravo Leader or Padme.

Solo Season? I doubt it. Fans would be enraged. A season based on the Original Trilogy/Anthology Films as a whole would make more sense. They could add content from Solo, Rogue One, all 3 original films, and Star Wars: Rebels. This could include content like the B-Wing and TIE Defender, Galactic Assault maps set on Scarif, Jedha, and Bespin, Starfighter Assault maps set on Scarif, Eadu, Bespin, and Death Star I, and new vehicles like the TX-225 Occupier Tank, TIE Striker, and AT-ACT.

End of the month we should get SA new skins one GA map two heroes and a large scale mode.

New Skins? Absolutely. Starfighter Assault Arcade? Definitely possible, even likely. One GA map? Possible. Two new Heroes? Unlikely, but I think there is the possibility of getting at least one new Hero Ship, like the N-1 Starfighter flown by Bravo Leader or Padme.

Solo Season? I doubt it. Fans would be enraged. A season based on the Original Trilogy/Anthology Films as a whole would make more sense. They could add content from Solo, Rogue One, all 3 original films, and Star Wars: Rebels. This could include content like the B-Wing and TIE Defender, Galactic Assault maps set on Scarif, Jedha, and Bespin, Starfighter Assault maps set on Scarif, Eadu, Bespin, and Death Star I, and new vehicles like the TX-225 Occupier Tank, TIE Striker, and AT-ACT.

Makes since. But the bottom line is these are the things we would like or for see possibly have. In truth we all don't know what's up.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1410 posts Member
    edited April 2018

No. No. No, that’s impossible! Noooooooooooo!

The word "about" makes me think he meant announcement. Dennis already said they were working on a large mode for Arcade and Sledge said they were not ignoring any mode. @f8rge Would you PLEASE clarify this? Thanks.
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Original Trilogy "Season" tied with the upcoming Solo film makes absolutely sense.Even the devs confirmed that stuff from the prev game will come to BF2 so the Solo film is a great opportunity for a final push of the content, including Rogue One, a few possible skins for Han and Lando, guns and maybe modes without enraging the community.

The problem is, did they really have the time to work on all of that content in order to make it a successful port? They surely need to focus on other new major content as well like bug fixes, new maps, heroes, weapons and modes on top of Arcade content so it would be kind of hard to include so many things in one Update.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™

I agree about the enraged if it’s a Solo Season though I must say that wild rollercoaster train was pretty dang cool. It might make for an interesting single player mission or something. I am loving your ideas here, especially that TX-225 Occupier Tank.

We need a map of the Imperial Tower from Scarif for Blast and Offline.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited April 2018

No. No. No, that’s impossible! Noooooooooooo!

The word "about" makes me think he meant announcement. Dennis already said they were working on a large mode for Arcade and Sledge said they were not ignoring any mode. @f8rge Would you PLEASE clarify this? Thanks.

What does that mean, “not ignoring any mode?” What was the subject? Was he talking about bring lots of different modes Offline or simply that among all the Online modes...Offline Arcade was also being worked on? Please clarify, thank you.
    “There is always hope.”

• No. No. No, that’s impossible! Noooooooooooo!

What does that mean, “not ignoring any mode?” What was the subject? Was he talking about bring lots of different modes Offline or simply that among all the Online modes...Offline Arcade was also being worked on? Please clarify, thank you.

Here is the direct quote, it was said January 11th and is located on page 39 of this thread. He said putting aside instead of ignoring.
    Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.
  • Yeah right. I don't believe it because there has been many chances to bring fighter assault for offline.
  • So guys, what we thinking? We should get an announcement before the end of the week about the upcoming content. Do you think we will see any offline content in the announcement? I have a suspicion we may see a road map, if we do and there’s no arcade content on it I may lose all hope.
    So guys, what we thinking? We should get an announcement before the end of the week about the upcoming content. Do you think we will see any offline content in the announcement? I have a suspicion we may see a road map, if we do and there’s no arcade content on it I may lose all hope.

I think Ben was saying he can't make the announcement then. If we get a road map, I think Arcade content will be on it.
    So guys, what we thinking? We should get an announcement before the end of the week about the upcoming content. Do you think we will see any offline content in the announcement? I have a suspicion we may see a road map, if we do and there’s no arcade content on it I may lose all hope.

I think Ben was saying he can't make the announcement then. If we get a road map, I think Arcade content will be on it.

I don't. No star fighter assault. But I was told Xbox announced battlefront 2 2005.i can count on that.
  • On the 17th battlefront 1 and 2 backwards compatible I'm talking og battlefronts 2004 2005 instant actionb
  • Jesbro
    631 posts Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8bc5ho/og_star_wars_battlefront_i_ii_coming_to_backward/

The Race is on!

April 26 is confirmed to be the day that both Pandemic Battlefront games come to the Xbox One.

Will DICE add Starfighter Assault and the Large Ground mode to Arcade before then?

We shall see.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8bc5ho/og_star_wars_battlefront_i_ii_coming_to_backward/

The Race is on!

April 26 is confirmed to be the day that both Pandemic Battlefront games come to the Xbox One.

Will DICE add Starfighter Assault and the Large Ground mode to Arcade before then?

We shall see.

Wrong it's under the 17th release day. The 26th is the other 17 games. The first group is on the 17th which battlefront 1 and 2 is under!
  • @Jesbro I reread it your right the 26th
  • Jesbro
    631 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »

The Race is on!

We shall see.

Wrong it's under the 17th release day. The 26th is the other 17 games. The first group is on the 17th which battlefront 1 and 2 is under!

I hope you are right and that it is the sooner date.

Will be something good to play until we do get Starfighter Assault and the Large Ground mode for Arcade on ALL Maps !!!

We shall see.

The Race is on!

We shall see.

Will be something good to play until we do get Starfighter Assault and the Large Ground mode for Arcade on ALL Maps !!!

We shall see.

I was wrong 26th is the correct date.

The Race is on!

We shall see.

We shall see.

I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened. Starfighter Assault? Maybe. But the large ground mode is supposed to be for both Arcade AND online multiplayer if I remember right, so I'd call that a long shot.

• ELIMELECH0401
    1410 posts Member
    edited April 2018

The Race is on!

We shall see.

We shall see.

I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened. Starfighter Assault? Maybe. But the large ground mode is supposed to be for both Arcade AND online multiplayer if I remember right, so I'd call that a long shot.

Dennis himself said they were working on a large mode for Arcade in the Q&A thread:

February 6, 2018 7:04PM
    SHREDDERS47 wrote: »
    - Can you tell us if Galactic Assault offline with AI is in the works?
    - Will you add the possibility of playing during the daytime on Endor? (The night time version isn’t as appealing)
    - Will you be giving us a map selector for multiplayer modes?
    - Can you give Boba Fett’s blaster more range and accuracy?

Dennis wrote
    - Not a direct port of Galactic Assault, no. The reason is that we don't want to hinder our Multiplayer designs but constraining us to what the AI can do well (for example, having the AI find Ion Disruptors and locate good vantage points for shooting at the MTT will likely prove difficult). However, if the core of what you're after is to fight larger scale battles in PvE with both Troopers and Vehicles, we're working on something quite like that!

Here's the link : https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96161/star-wars-battlefront-ii-community-1-1-updated-with-dev-responses/p14
  • SAM4XE
    367 posts Member
    Hate to sound a little pessimistic but Starfighter Assault still hasn't been confirmed for Arcade. A large battle mode has, So either criterion and Dice are being extra tight lipped about Starfighter assault or it's not coming anytime soon. I just hope it's not the latter.
  • Hate to sound a little pessimistic but Starfighter Assault still hasn't been confirmed for Arcade. A large battle mode has, So either criterion and Dice are being extra tight lipped about Starfighter assault or it's not coming anytime soon. I just hope it's not the latter.

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion too. It just strikes me as ridiculous that there is no way of doing space battles offline(except for a campaign mission or two, which I may have to go back to!)
  • Also I have inferred from tweets by Ben(CM) that announcement is coming this Friday, with update released the coming Wednesday. 90% sure I am correct.