criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Companion App

With the introduction of the new progression system, I was wondering if there was anything in the works for a Companion App like the BF2015 version? I think it would be much easier now that we gain levels through gameplay on an experience basis, and not through the loot crate/crafting parts process. I liked being able to go in when I couldn't play the actual game and maybe gain a bit of experience here or there, as well as upgrade and unlock other star cards. It would also be nice to be able to change loadouts and weapons from the app as well.

One last suggestion, could you guys also possibly bring back the star card presets? I liked having that in the old one, and when a certain situation came up, I could just switch to a preset and be set to go.
Tag: Deadeye_Duncan51
"Do, or do not. There is no try"

Replies

• I very much approve of this.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    I couldn't agree more.
    -TMFgun3r
  • So needed!
  • It might even bring a few people in also. I had actually gotten the companion app for the other game before I got the game, and though it didn't do me a whole lot of good, it was still a really fun experience.
    Tag: Deadeye_Duncan51
    "Do, or do not. There is no try"
  • The previous app was awesome, it would be great to have another one
  • Yes! This!

Also, I was surprised that a companion strategy guide had not been released along with the game's launch like most other games have these days.

I imagine it would be a rather outdated source now after the new progression system fundamentally changed everything about how the game works, had one been released back in November, but I'm still baffled by the omission of something official ever being offered at all.
  • Skowsa
    328 posts Member
    I don't usually go in for thread necromancy, but this is well worth bringing up again.
    With the introduction of the new progression system, I was wondering if there was anything in the works for a Companion App like the BF2015 version? I think it would be much easier now that we gain levels through gameplay on an experience basis, and not through the loot crate/crafting parts process. I liked being able to go in when I couldn't play the actual game and maybe gain a bit of experience here or there, as well as upgrade and unlock other star cards. It would also be nice to be able to change loadouts and weapons from the app as well.

One last suggestion, could you guys also possibly bring back the star card presets? I liked having that in the old one, and when a certain situation came up, I could just switch to a preset and be set to go.

^^^Both of these ideas (Companion App and Preset Card Hands) would be awesome additions.

For the Companion App, you could include the game to earn a few more credits (no new game needed) and it should take very little work to make it happen. All of the level data and gameplay stats are already stored on the EA database servers and so it would mainly be the front-end GUI that would need to be programmed. This would create more interest in the game from its existing and former players and help keep it going.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.