criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• McMast13 wrote: »
    Also I have inferred from tweets by Ben(CM) that announcement is coming this Friday, with update released the coming Wednesday. 90% sure I am correct.

Some good news are always welcome!
  • The thing is they said we won't have to wait for summer for offline stuff. Guess what school is out may 24th . I go by kid time because that's what my daughter bet me.

But! The og battlefront 1 and 2 coming out on the 26th and they had everything on release date!
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    The thing is they said we won't have to wait for summer for offline stuff. Guess what school is out may 24th . I go by kid time because that's what my daughter bet me.

But! The og battlefront 1 and 2 coming out on the 26th and they had everything on release date!

Yeah I mentioned that on my thread first but yeah...finally our beloved Pandemic SWBF games will be playable on the new system.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/105910/all-things-star-wars-video-games-movies-t-v-shows-toys-for-wild-exciting-news-find-it-here#latest

If this game doesn’t get “Conquest mode” Offline and Online soon they will lose a lot of people to the classic on the X-Box One. Can’t say I didn’t warn them, (sigh) oh well...here’s hoping Dennis has his ears perked. Fingers crossed... One more reason to bring “Conquest mode” to Arcade.
    “There is always hope.”
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    The thing is they said we won't have to wait for summer for offline stuff. Guess what school is out may 24th . I go by kid time because that's what my daughter bet me.

Yeah I mentioned that on my thread first but yeah...finally our beloved Pandemic SWBF games will be playable on the new system.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/105910/all-things-star-wars-video-games-movies-t-v-shows-toys-for-wild-exciting-news-find-it-here#latest

If this game doesn’t get “Conquest mode” Offline and Online soon they will lose a lot of people to the classic on the X-Box One and PS4. Can’t say I didn’t warn them, (sigh) oh well...here’s hoping Dennis has his ears perked. Fingers crossed... One more reason to bring “Conquest mode” to Arcade.

Is it coming to PS4 too? That would be amazing.

If this game doesn’t get “Conquest mode” Offline and Online soon they will lose a lot of people to the classic on the X-Box One and PS4. Can’t say I didn’t warn them, (sigh) oh well...here’s hoping Dennis has his ears perked. Fingers crossed... One more reason to bring “Conquest mode” to Arcade.

Hmmmm my bad...I deleted the word PS4, I only know about all the Star Wars games coming to X-Box One....that was just a general statement of sadness for the makers not seeing the need. The games are being made backwards compatible for X-Box One because the request was massive. This proves the makers of this game truly underestimated its popularity.
    “There is always hope.”

Hmmmm my bad...I deleted the word PS4, I only know about all the Star Wars games coming to X-Box One....that was just a general statement of sadness for the makers not seeing the need. The games are being made backwards compatible for X-Box One because the request was massive. This proves the makers of this game truly underestimated its popularity.

Hopefully it gets added to PS NOW
    McMast13 wrote: »

Hopefully it gets added to PS NOW

Doubtful.... Xbox for the win?

Did they say we would not have to wait 'til summer for ALL offline stuff? Our number of maps have doubled and I think we will see the large mode before summer. Early June is the unofficial start of summer while June 21st is the official start of Summer. There is still time and hope.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Everything we have we should of had at the beginning along with starfighter assault and large game mode.

So no I don't think they are capable of handling this IP. Yes I believe there are about 7 game companies that knows what the title of battlefront is to its fans and would not biff it up like this one.

They keep saying soon and later but they could not even put a trailer together on time for the latest update! If that's a problem then say hey we messed up the trailer but this is what you guys and gals are getting.

But NO... They can't or should I say won't do anything right by the fans.

So I have no faith in what they say. Only actions! So come the 26th of this month they better come hard and strong with everything cause original battlefront 1 and 2 is coming backwards compatible on Xbox one. They are the standard! I don't care about graphics like so many others but the quality of content and gameplay.
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Everything we have we should of had at the beginning along with starfighter assault and large game mode.

So no I don't think they are capable of handling this IP. Yes I believe there are about 7 game companies that knows what the title of battlefront is to its fans and would not biff it up like this one.

They keep saying soon and later but they could not even put a trailer together on time for the latest update! If that's a problem then say hey we messed up the trailer but this is what you guys and gals are getting.

So I have no faith in what they say. Only actions! So come the 26th of this month they better come hard and strong with everything cause original battlefront 1 and 2 is coming backwards compatible on Xbox one. They are the standard! I don't care about graphics like so many others but the quality of content and gameplay.

Yep graphics are cool and all but not at the expense of throughing out the classic system game mode in favor of original ideas. There’s an old saying and it goes like this, “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

That said though, I hope the new large mode for Offline (coming soon) will be as fun as Skirimish is...I still get the itch to play that.
    “There is always hope.”
    Everything we have we should of had at the beginning along with starfighter assault and large game mode.

Yep graphics are cool and all but not at the expense of throughing out the classic system game mode in favor of original ideas. There’s an old saying and it goes like this, “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

That said though, I hope the new large mode for Offline (coming soon) will be as fun as Skirimish is...I still get the itch to play that.

The launch of this game sucked for sure; however, I think the devs know this with content across the board. I think EA SWBF 2 and Pandemic SWBF 2 each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • So Ben just confirmed on twitter that there is no upcoming arcade content. :'(
    He states they understand its important.
    So Ben just confirmed on twitter that there is no upcoming arcade content. :'(

When things seemed to be looking up... It blows up in my face.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • Darthchocolate4
    89 posts Member
    edited April 2018

I can not believe it ... after all the promises! please explain @ Sledgehammer70

I can not believe it ... after all the promises! please explain @ Sledgehammer70

sledge isn't at DICE anymore
  • @petervesti_dice Can you give us any details on the arcade situation and why we are having to wait so long for content?
  • If its true, then they better add both SFA and the new large mode in the May update, or we riot.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    If its true, then they better add both SFA and the new large mode in the May update, or we riot.

Supposedly the announcement will cover the next few months. Looks like it will be a long wait.

sledge isn't at DICE anymore

I do not care. I'm ***** off and anyone who knows well should complain as soon as possible. or even better: just give us everything for arcde, what is available online !!!
  • That's why I don't have faith in this Dev team. None at all.
    That's why I don't have faith in this Dev team. None at all.

Perhaps people higher up have instructed them not to bother with arcade because they don't perceive it as a money maker.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's upsetting because we don't ask for as much as the multiplayer community and we don't complain majorly at ever single buff and nerf.
    It's upsetting because we don't ask for as much as the multiplayer community and we don't complain majorly at ever single buff and nerf.

Then why don't they just unlock the maps so we can move around the whole thing
  • Can anyone link Ben's tweet about no offline content?
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™

Then why don't they just unlock the maps so we can move around the whole thing

I can understand them waiting for the new mode to release them. What would be cool is if they gave us the remaining sections of each map. So we get 3 or 4 small maps of each planet for team battle. But then again I'd rather they'd bring the new mode to us as soon as possible.
  • aussieviking
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Well they said every new map will go into arcade. So we will still get maps plus ant new heroes will be available offline and new solders and such, hopefully customization will be as well once you purchase them which I imagine they will. So we still get alot of good stuff for offline Just not, Bigger modes just yet from the sounds of it. Honestly I can wait. with life and other games to play and BF2 online I can manage for now.
  • Well they said every new map will go into arcade. So we will still get maps plus ant new heroes will be available offline and new solders and such, hopefully customization will be as well once you purchase them which I imagine they will. So we still get alot of good stuff for offline Just not, Bigger modes just yet from the sounds of it. Honestly I can wait. with life and other games to play and BF2 online I can manage for now.

Agreed, its disappointing, but we'll get it eventually. And remember, if the offline mode is brilliant we will be playing it for years! Best we can hope for from tomorrow is that we get news on multiplayer content that is transferable to arcade. Mainly Heroes and Maps.
  • The only thing that would hold me off is some star fighter assault offline.
  • They have to do something my goodness! I've been doing to fly offline. Yes online flying is okay but dang it i get the same unknown regions 8/10 times so I back out.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    Can anyone link Ben's tweet about no offline content?

Yes we need a link to the newer tweet.
  • Darthchocolate4
    89 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png
    Jesbro wrote: »

that's the only tweet I've found that confirms something that's not coming yet ....
  • b44a7qe3rk1g.png

that's the only tweet I've found that confirms something that's not coming yet ....

That's what they always say until annoucement. That's not saying anything
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

I say, that's the only tweet that confirms something that's not coming yet. did not find anything that confirmed arcade content is not coming
  • Sincerely, i think ea isnt going to add big maps to arcade. They only told us lies and when they give to us some of hope about its only to get new costumers. Im angry when i read an article about the bad reception of this game because its progresion system, they pretend the user to focus only on the stupid boxes in order nobody speaks about all the others problems in the game (for example the lack of content for offline modes). Its really dissapointing to see what they are doing to star wars fans.

Pd: excuse my english, im fron Spain.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

I say, that's the only tweet that confirms something that's not coming yet. did not find anything that confirmed arcade content is not coming

This is what I found regarding Arcade content.
    tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg

Yes this is what I was referring to
  • Maybe, they will add a new offline mode, which will have another name, such as in SWBF2015
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    Maybe, they will add a new offline mode, which will have another name, such as in SWBF2015

Big modes called Skirmish in order to separate it from the smaller modes?

Well they did do that in Battlefront 2015 so that is not out of the question.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    "Nothing right now" either means they're unable to discuss Offline content or that no significant content is coming to season 2. Simple as that!
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Maybe, they will add a new offline mode, which will have another name, such as in SWBF2015

Big modes called Skirmish in order to separate it from the smaller modes?

Well they did do that in Battlefront 2015 so that is not out of the question.

However, the game menu is very diverse. There a lot of tabs
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg

This seems like he is saying no news right now. There may be news when the announcement goes live. This may be Ben's way of answering a question he can't answer instead of ignoring us. Dennis said they were eager to make stuff for Arcade because it is doing well and there would be "much more" content for Arcade. The "much more" comment came on March 25th. There will be more content added to Arcade. The official announcement might indicate when.

also in my opinion
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg

This seems like he is saying no news right now. There may be news when the announcement goes live. This may be Ben's way of answering a question he can't answer instead of ignoring us. Dennis said they were eager to make stuff for Arcade because it is doing well and there would be "much more" content for Arcade. The "much more" comment came on March 25th. There will be more content added to Arcade. The official announcement might indicate when.

I really hope it is just this.
  • Well I'm praying for the best but not getting excited till they say what it is or isn't coming next week.

But till then I will keep my excitement for backwards compatible games on Xbox. Yes I'm glad the og battlefront games are coming out but that will never stop me from playing this one.
    Well I'm praying for the best but not getting excited till they say what it is or isn't coming next week.

But till then I will keep my excitement for backwards compatible games on Xbox. Yes I'm glad the og battlefront games are coming out but that will never stop me from playing this one.

The OG games going backward compatible is worth getting excited over. If you ask me, the two games offer different enough offline experiences to warrant excitement for both.
    Well I'm praying for the best but not getting excited till they say what it is or isn't coming next week.

The OG games going backward compatible is worth getting excited over. If you ask me, the two games offer different enough offline experiences to warrant excitement for both.

True they both do. I even love the offline for the last game and the lack of. I love large scale battlefront battles offline. It's just they said skirmish for this game and took it out at the last moment. They said they was hearing us but they didn't! And each month they lose more and more respect loyalty fans and they can't see how this will impact any future star wars game under their title of ea dice.i for one will not buy anymore games from them.the management on these two games just ruin my love for anything ea dice.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg

I really hope it is just this.

One of the reasons video game companies like to wait to make announcements is they don't want to deal with the backlash if they don't fulfill the announced content. Dennis said we will get a large mode so I am confident we will. IMO, the worst case scenerio of Ben's post is the mode won't be ready 'til at least July.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1420 posts Member
    edited April 2018

True they both do. I even love the offline for the last game and the lack of. I love large scale battlefront battles offline. It's just they said skirmish for this game and took it out at the last moment. They said they was hearing us but they didn't! And each month they lose more and more respect loyalty fans and they can't see how this will impact any future star wars game under their title of ea dice.i for one will not buy anymore games from them.the management on these two games just ruin my love for anything ea dice.

They renamed Skirmish to Arcade. The launch of the game sucked and the devs know it! Greed had the devs by the throat. As far as impact on future releases, many sources believe Disney stepped in and told EA to be more consumer friendly with it or lose the license.

I believe the devs when they say the progression update delayed content. I think they are getting back on track now. I think we will get plenty of Arcade content and the upcoming announcement will be an indication of when. If they announce a roadmap it is mentioned in the roadmap, it will have a specific release date. If it is not mentioned in the roadmap, I would expect it July or later. If they don't announce a roadmap, info will be month to month.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
    @petervesti_dice Can you give us any details on the arcade situation and why we are having to wait so long for content?

Gonna say because of massive Progression update followed by a hopefully sizeable customizations update? Yeah, I'm gonna say that.
    b44a7qe3rk1g.png

tb2zevvhdhyb.jpg

Yes, context indicates no news at the moment.