criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Young vs OT Han Solo, does the new guy fit in?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited April 2018
For me personally, I'd choose the Anthony Ingruber 200 times before the Solo actor.

X9eKGbF.jpg

102UkdG.jpg

56afce7958c32375028b6fa3-750.jpg
"What? Nah, that can't be the young Han Solo, no way!"

Replies

• lerodemmy
    3539 posts Member
    No. They should've just gone digital.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    100% this dude auditioned. There’s gotta be good reason they didn’t pick him. The Han auditions were pretty intense, much like the auditions they’ve done for the other Disney Star Wars films so far. They’re investing so much money into these films that they can’t afford not being thorough.

But anyhow, there’s no changing the casting now. All this “what could’ve been” stuff does is fester more bitterness for a movie you haven’t even seen yet. I’ll be all over the SOLO hate train if the movie really is terrible, but I’d rather give it a chance before condemning a film I’ve seen 2 chopped-up minutes of.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The movie too I have massive reservations about. Constant clashes with Kennedy and then her firing those 2 directors? Who do you trust more? Not Kennedy.

Probably the wreckless characters aren't good for her visions of role models for connecting with female audiences
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    The movie too I have massive reservations about. Constant clashes with Kennedy and then her firing those 2 directors? Who do you trust more? Not Kennedy.

Kennedy and Kasdan, mind you, the guy who co-wrote Empire and Jedi with Lucas. He was the main person against those original directors, since they wanted the film to be more of a comedy like their previous film, 21 Jump Street. That’s not what he envisioned at all, so he asked Kennedy to find someone else.

And they found Ron Howard, who is an excellent director. Big improvement in my opinion.
  • The movie too I have massive reservations about. Constant clashes with Kennedy and then her firing those 2 directors? Who do you trust more? Not Kennedy.

So you trust two directors that you can't name more than a person who has been involved in the production of countless blockbuster films? She's worked on films like Indiana Jones, ET, Jurassic Park, and Back to the Future.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe it is for the better then. Still how can Ingruber not fit the role? That's why they have top class directors who help set actors for their roles. Conditioning, putting them in the right mindset, etc they can probably make an actor out of anyone
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 2018

So you trust two directors that you can't name more than a person who has been involved in the production of countless blockbuster films? She's worked on films like Indiana Jones, ET, Jurassic Park, and Back to the Future.

Then who was the genius who picked 2 directors from 21Jump Street in the first place?
  • Ppong_Man12
    2593 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe it is for the better then. Still how can Ingruber not fit the role? That's why they have top class directors who help set actors for their roles. Conditioning, putting them in the right mindset, etc they can probably make an actor out of anyone

Apparently Alden wasn’t picked for his acting from what I’ve read, must be something else. Same goes for Abrams, he’s not so worried about making good move as he is promoting other things, watch his interviews. SW is all FF at this point anyway after the Lucas departure.