criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ewok Mode Is Fun But Has Some Downside That Need To Be Addressed

Sgt_Fergus
2248 posts Member
edited April 2018
I know it just came out but found some noticeable problems. The Ewok's Westies Pouch is hella strong. you don't need to hit your target, just be close and they will track the target and take him down to 75-50% health and the area of effect is huge. I tested this as an ewok tossed one at me and did around 65% damage give or take with just the Westies Pouch. They need to limit it's AoE of those firebugs can reach you and or add a delay timer at start so they can't spawn die and come back and do it again. Second issue is, everyone wants to be an ewok, especially with the 2 challenges you need to get kills, because of that Westies Pouch being so strong, people are intentionally dying to get to be ewok so they can get 5+ kills where as the average player base I been watching is only doing an average of 0 to 1 kills as a trooper. but the first few ewoks are ranking in more by a +3 or 4 advantage. also way easier to spot troopers than ewoks. Yes I know a few are gonna say "well I played trooper and i get X amount of kills" that's great and all but im talking about easy it is to get a kill as an ewok vs a trooper. You can spot your enemies with Hunter's instinct, and use the Westies Pouch a mile away and get a kill. Lastly, there is no out of bounds time limit, i can stay there all day and i believe i'm also invisible to ewoks.

The mode is fun in itself, so i don't want to hear comments of me saying to get rid of it or what ever exaggerations you can make up. I'm just pointing out flaws I found that need to get addressed. I love how many credits it gives you per match, fastest match to play for credits. I also think this is more fun than original Hunt Mode from SWBF2 as Hunt from SWBF2 was basically Blast/Team Deathmatch just with native species but this is like Infection from Halo. Here is what I am talking about though on those issues.

cgy1rfi7i82o.png
1ontsd2hfdzh.png

Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Sorry I posted the wrong images before, fixed now.
  • They need to make the caves darker or have no light whatsoever because everybody camps there for the entire duration of the match and it just isn’t fun
  • Troopers run to the caves and get kills...
  • I would rather buff those ewoks because if troopers know what they are doing ewoks dont stand a chance
  • They need to make the caves darker or have no light whatsoever because everybody camps there for the entire duration of the match and it just isn’t fun
    spc598 wrote: »
    Troopers run to the caves and get kills...
    50rc3r3r wrote: »
    I would rather buff those ewoks because if troopers know what they are doing ewoks dont stand a chance

just keep tossing Westies Pouches they are OP and campers in cave don't stand a chance. I done this. That screenshot was when they camping in the caves. 5 out 8 were hiding in the caves and got them with westies pouch alone. if ewoks cover all ends and toss there is no where to run.
  • Played for two hours to complete challenges. Won't be playing again. Every match was identical. Stormtroopers run around until they all find the caves. Nearly all of them camp in the caves, except the rare few like me who find that ridiculously boring, and then they all file out at the end to try to battle their way to the shuttle. Some die. Most don't. Snooze.
  • Ok, I admit once I did throw the game to become an Ewok lol
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    They need to make the caves darker or have no light whatsoever because everybody camps there for the entire duration of the match and it just isn’t fun
    I would rather buff those ewoks because if troopers know what they are doing ewoks dont stand a chance

just keep tossing Westies Pouches they are OP and campers in cave don't stand a chance. I done this. That screenshot was when they camping in the caves. 5 out 8 were hiding in the caves and got them with westies pouch alone. if ewoks cover all ends and toss there is no where to run.

This only works if the troopers are already dead. When all troopers camp the cave its nearly impossible to kill them with grenates because they can just rotate. Well depends always on the team i guess...
  • Ok, I admit once I did throw the game to become an Ewok lol

I'm telling you, big profits to be an ewok, more kills. More of them and less of you.
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    They need to make the caves darker or have no light whatsoever because everybody camps there for the entire duration of the match and it just isn’t fun

This only works if the troopers are already dead. When all troopers camp the cave its nearly impossible to kill them with grenates because they can just rotate. Well depends always on the team i guess...

if they are clumped up then its easy. use the instinct to see, the pouch to chunk in the center and then blow the horn right after wards for damage resistance and charge in. they will be so focused on not dying they will be too distracted and scatter like rats.
    Played for two hours to complete challenges. Won't be playing again. Every match was identical. Stormtroopers run around until they all find the caves. Nearly all of them camp in the caves, except the rare few like me who find that ridiculously boring, and then they all file out at the end to try to battle their way to the shuttle. Some die. Most don't. Snooze.

they will need to probably dim the lights in the cave, that wil lfix it. btw its funny that this is actually the map from Endor on SWBFEA1 lol that's how i know how to get back to the cave.
  • Garbage mode. I was expecting an actual battle between ewoks and troopers. It's just "troopers head to caves...wisties are insanely OP, but can be avoided. Troopers run to ship. Done. (Rinse/Repeat)

Seriously...THIS was the update? I was expecting something more like Onslaught in Arcade. And why is it that I can plug multiple blaster shots directly into an ewok before they die, but get stuck anywhere even vaguely close to a wisties pouch...Trooper melts and dies.

I love the game otherwise, but this mode just sucks B4lls.
  • A Westie is a small breed of dog, a WISTIE is the small sentient creatures in the pouch that the Ewoks throw. The more you know :)
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    A Westie is a small breed of dog, a WISTIE is the small sentient creatures in the pouch that the Ewoks throw. The more you know :)

Yeah like it, lets release the hounds (or terriers) ferret those troopers out of the caves.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    Listen, everybody who is complaining, I completely understand you. I think if we give DICE time to make this mode a little more fun, this will be a good gamemode to distract yourself from your normal modes you play on a daily basis. Let's just hope they actually fix this mode unlike how they never changed cargo which needed a timer because the games last so long.
    -TMFgun3r
  • jonci wrote: »
    A Westie is a small breed of dog, a WISTIE is the small sentient creatures in the pouch that the Ewoks throw. The more you know :)

Yeah like it, lets release the hounds (or terriers) ferret those troopers out of the caves.

hey they are like hounds, those ferries bite
    TMF wrote: »
    Listen, everybody who is complaining, I completely understand you. I think if we give DICE time to make this mode a little more fun, this will be a good gamemode to distract yourself from your normal modes you play on a daily basis. Let's just hope they actually fix this mode unlike how they never changed cargo which needed a timer because the games last so long.

well you can see from my OP im just asking for them to address some issues, not saying trash it. like dim the lights in the cave, make the wistie pouches have less range and/or a cooldown on spawn so you can just use them right off the bat. by doing so you won't see players intentionally dying to be ewoks because you get more often more kills. Fix out of bounds issue where there is not punishment for going out of the map as i could hide there all day and also change the pick up location to have 3 random areas so that way ewoks can't just go to that location when they see the shuttle arrive and just wait for the troopers to get there. I'm not sure if it's already like this but i found ewoks waiting at location several times. so either that or delay the marker for the shuttle for ewoks if it is randomized so that way they have to go after the troopers rather then wait nearby. Personally i find it a bit cheap if they can camp the shuttle.

But as i said at the end, i like this more than the original Hunt mode and hope to see more like it. Like what @Droideka_Leader said have gungans and battle droids on the plains of naboo. nothing like shooting some booma throwing jar jars for some fun before they start overselling you and start all going all Uganda Knuckles style with "Mesa your humble servant" emotes going off all over. xD Or storm troopers vs jawas and/or sand people in the cantinas of tatooine. Or rebels vs wampas and slowly they drain away your forces as those big meat tanks hunt you down in the tunnels of Hoth.

You know what would be a cool mode is a survival where you have a loose Rancor in the dungeons and you have to survive as it hunts you down. But I think all this should wait until they make conquest.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »

hey they are like hounds, those ferries bite

well you can see from my OP im just asking for them to address some issues, not saying trash it. like dim the lights in the cave, make the wistie pouches have less range and/or a cooldown on spawn so you can just use them right off the bat. by doing so you won't see players intentionally dying to be ewoks because you get more often more kills. Fix out of bounds issue where there is not punishment for going out of the map as i could hide there all day and also change the pick up location to have 3 random areas so that way ewoks can't just go to that location when they see the shuttle arrive and just wait for the troopers to get there. I'm not sure if it's already like this but i found ewoks waiting at location several times. so either that or delay the marker for the shuttle for ewoks if it is randomized so that way they have to go after the troopers rather then wait nearby. Personally i find it a bit cheap if they can camp the shuttle.

But as i said at the end, i like this more than the original Hunt mode and hope to see more like it. Like what @Droideka_Leader said have gungans and battle droids on the plains of naboo. nothing like shooting some booma throwing jar jars for some fun before they start overselling you and start all going all Uganda Knuckles style with "Mesa your humble servant" emotes going off all over. xD Or storm troopers vs jawas and/or sand people in the cantinas of tatooine. Or rebels vs wampas and slowly they drain away your forces as those big meat tanks hunt you down in the tunnels of Hoth.

You know what would be a cool mode is a survival where you have a loose Rancor in the dungeons and you have to survive as it hunts you down. But I think all this should wait until they make conquest.

I completely agree with you. Just some issues to be dressed and the gm would be amazing.
    -TMFgun3r
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    Agree don't dim the lights, turn them off fully that will scare the c**p out of people.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Agree don't dim the lights, turn them off fully that will scare the c**p out of people.

even better. lights on to lead them to the location, but at a random set time have a gust of wind blow them out and be pitch black lol
  • TMF
    159 posts Member

even better. lights on to lead them to the location, but at a random set time have a gust of wind blow them out and be pitch black lol

Yeah, would be nice. Just so they aren't sheltered in there camping the whole game.
    -TMFgun3r
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    Move to feedback thread
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2248 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Move to feedback thread

huh?

Yeah, would be nice. Just so they aren't sheltered in there camping the whole game.

make 1 light at a time go off in the cave so they huddle together more and then.... lights out.

• tts42572
    1144 posts Member
    Played for two hours to complete challenges. Won't be playing again. Every match was identical. Stormtroopers run around until they all find the caves. Nearly all of them camp in the caves, except the rare few like me who find that ridiculously boring, and then they all file out at the end to try to battle their way to the shuttle. Some die. Most don't. Snooze.

Agree.

Every match was the same for me too and just like you described.

Nothing happens for the first 10 minutes of the match, troopers shoot at nothing, ewoks spam their fireflies or whatever it is and pickoff a few troopers. Then there is a mad dash at the end where troopers get taken out by ewoks they can't see.

Rinse and repeat.

No thanks.
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member

Move to feedback thread

huh?

I was suggesting this be moved into the official Focused Feedback - Ewok Hunt thread so your ideas can be counted alongside other suggestions, its in general discussions area rather than the multiplayer area.
  • I found another broken part in the game. you, as a storm trooper, can get up to the Ewok catwalks