criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• Go for the prize!. Strike as playlist for BF 2pod DZ, BF15Cargo and Strike
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    I agree! That was such a fun game mode. Like @Dash_Gaming pointed out why not just bring old game modes and maps over. The framework is all there, they've been tested and work well -- just reskin them to look and play like BF2.
  • MWB33
    1389 posts Member
    This thread makes me happy in that it continues to grow. It's also making me nostalgic. I'm considering popping in 2015 for some cargo action.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Yes, if everyone in these forums beg for it then it might come back just how the skins were being begged for.
  • The lack of any F8RGE response on an 8 page request thread tells me it’s already an absolute no or it’s currently in development. Judging from the guy’s involvement with the community so far I highly suspect he’d have said something if he felt able.
  • They know about cargo I mean they did jetpack cargo which was almost a slap in the face considering how it had cargo in the name but was a joke mode. Like a bad remix of a classic song. But I think just the fact that they went with a variation of cargo for their first temporary mode, I think they know how popular it was just wanted to try something new.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    They know about cargo I mean they did jetpack cargo which was almost a slap in the face considering how it had cargo in the name but was a joke mode. Like a bad remix of a classic song. But I think just the fact that they went with a variation of cargo for their first temporary mode, I think they know how popular it was just wanted to try something new.

I guess so. (Shrug)
    PSN: d0kRX
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    They know about cargo I mean they did jetpack cargo which was almost a slap in the face considering how it had cargo in the name but was a joke mode. Like a bad remix of a classic song. But I think just the fact that they went with a variation of cargo for their first temporary mode, I think they know how popular it was just wanted to try something new.

Maybe they figured that it would catch on since many people in Bf2015 had jet packs (and bactabombs). Unfortunately there was only one cargo to go for and the rocket trooper with reloading rockets were ridiculous.

• d0kRX
    1438 posts Member

Maybe they figured that it would catch on since many people in Bf2015 had jet packs (and bactabombs). Unfortunately there was only one cargo to go for and the rocket trooper with reloading rockets were ridiculous.

Maybe their theory had been bunked....
  • MWB33
    1389 posts Member
    I've decided that either this evening or tomorrow while the wife is working (& after getting the daily/weekend challenges are done for BF2), there will be some BF2015 Cargo action...with some quality munchies and beverage.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    I've decided that either this evening or tomorrow while the wife is working (& after getting the daily/weekend challenges are done for BF2), there will be some BF2015 Cargo action...with some quality munchies and beverage.

I did that a couple of weeks ago. I was unsure in match one with the controls and sensitivity but by match two it came back and I just laid waste to everyone :lol:
  • MWB33
    1389 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

I did that a couple of weeks ago. I was unsure in match one with the controls and sensitivity but by match two it came back and I just laid waste to everyone :lol:

I anticipate the same. Muscle memory is currently trained on the current game. I already know that I'll reflexively try to do cooling after a kill several times. :D

I must admit to also looking forward to spamming the Ion Shock. I miss that emote!
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member

I anticipate the same. Muscle memory is currently trained on the current game. I already know that I'll reflexively try to do cooling after a kill several times. :D

I must admit to also looking forward to spamming the Ion Shock. I miss that emote!

Its kind of strange, my muscle memory of the second game actually made me even better at the first game for some reason.

#BringOriginalCargoBack!
  • d0kRX wrote: »

Its kind of strange, my muscle memory of the second game actually made me even better at the first game for some reason.

#BringOriginalCargoBack!

I think it’s the slower pace. I thought I’d be bad but I went about 23-3.
  • If they added cargo, I'd start playing daily. It was both competitive and fun on XB1.

Your GT the same on xbox? I believe our paths crossed a few times in Cargo.

I miss it and clamor for its return.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    would you buy original cargo for $15 dlc?

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    YODA100 wrote: »

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

Cargo must not be that important to you then. Original cargo is something that would be worth that much and even some more if it were implemented correctly. Of course they're probably not going to have any sort of paid DLC but if they did and cargo the original was on the list, many would be down to pay for it.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    Another day of battlefront two, another day of wanted original cargo!
    Yup.

After playing Strike a bunch today, I was thinking how much more balanced cargo games would be even if one team was better. There was more back and forth.

Today in Strike, my team was way more dominant than than the opposing team and they stood no chance as we were defending. The files to pick up we’re easily guarded the whole match. If it was Cargo, defending would’ve been harder since at least one or two of us would need to go grab the cargo offensively. This would’ve led to a seemingly more balanced game

• d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Yup.

After playing Strike a bunch today, I was thinking how much more balanced cargo games would be even if one team was better. There was more back and forth.

Today in Strike, my team was way more dominant than than the opposing team and they stood no chance as we were defending. The files to pick up we’re easily guarded the whole match. If it was Cargo, defending would’ve been harder since at least one or two of us would need to go grab the cargo offensively. This would’ve led to a seemingly more balanced game

Agreed, I happened to be playing strike and blast when I thought about it again. The one sided way strike is now is fun I won't lie, but I want that extra twist of going back and fourth. Constantly having to make the choice of camping, defending, or infiltrating.
    anything in addition to what we currently have will bring more people. the content is stale. needs more. cargo would be a familiar surprise. and nice.

Especially players that have been estranged by the game, I know a few over age 30 that would definitely try the new game or try it again for original cargo.

Cargo is one if my favourite modes why did Ea get rid of it for???
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    jamlowe wrote: »
    anything in addition to what we currently have will bring more people. the content is stale. needs more. cargo would be a familiar surprise. and nice.

Especially players that have been estranged by the game, I know a few over age 30 that would definitely try the new game or try it again for original cargo.

This is a very difficult question to answer. I would definitely like to know the answer myself. Why not have original cargo in SWBF2?
  • jamlowe wrote: »

I thought it must have been some mistake in the article when I first read about the different game modes for BF2 before it was released and no mention of it. Honestly I thought about not even getting it but my excitement about the Last Jedi obviously took over and I bought it anyway hoping for Cargo someday
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    jamlowe wrote: »

I thought it must have been some mistake in the article when I first read about the different game modes for BF2 before it was released and no mention of it. Honestly I thought about not even getting it but my excitement about the Last Jedi obviously took over and I bought it anyway hoping for Cargo someday

I hope cargo the original does appear someday.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

Cargo must not be that important to you then. Original cargo is something that would be worth that much and even some more if it were implemented correctly. Of course they're probably not going to have any sort of paid DLC but if they did and cargo the original was on the list, many would be down to pay for it.

10 dollars for cargo? No, thanks! The other modes are pretty similar to cargo already anyways.
  • YODA100 wrote: »

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

10 dollars for cargo? No, thanks! The other modes are pretty similar to cargo already anyways.

10 dollars for other game modes (especially cargo) to play BF2 are WAY more worth it than $10 worth of skins, which many people have done already I'm sure.

• YODA100
    1067 posts Member

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

10 dollars for other game modes (especially cargo) to play BF2 are WAY more worth it than $10 worth of skins, which many people have done already I'm sure.

10 dollar worth of skins? Where?

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

There were people on these very forums "proud" of spending money on crystals to buy skins. Some posters actually said they spent well above that actually.

Also: Have you ever spent $10 on a mediocre game from the discount section of the store or $10 on a mobile app? Have you ever spent $10 on a couple drinks or a meal? 10 bucks is not much for hours more of fun...
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

There were people on these very forums "proud" of spending money on crystals to buy skins. Some posters actually said they spent well above that actually.

Also: Have you ever spent $10 on a mediocre game from the discount section of the store or $10 on a mobile app? Have you ever spent $10 on a couple drinks or a meal? 10 bucks is not much for hours more of fun...

I have not spend money on any dlc’s though. Sad :'(. Should be free. It was in the for one for free..... :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

I have not spend money on any dlc’s though. Sad :'(. Should be free. It was in the for one for free..... :'( :'( :'( :'(

You make it sound like what we talking about is going to be a reality, but no, there will probably never be paid dlc for SWBF2. But we mentioned it because we want cargo the original enough that we would pay if we could.

Absolutely man

Absolutely not.

I always look at this as how much would I spend on a Friday night at a bar. Could easily go to $50 if buying drinks for others and uber etc. Normally even if I'm alone I'd spend at least $15 tab. That money is for only a short night of enjoyment. I'd rather spend $60 on a video game. Or $15 on DLC. I do get upset if it sucks but that's more my own fault for purchasing so foolishly without doing any research.
  • They tried to replace Cargo with Strike, it didn’t work. Bring back Cargo.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Just in general I think this game could benefit from some of the characteristics of bf2015. That game had its warts but there were some good things too. Exciting and variety of modes (extraction, cargo, droid run, drop zone, sabotage, walker assault, supremacy, turning point etc), good gun play (they just felt better, easier to handle more natural), stat tracking and better challenges, customization etc.

Cargo could be a good first step into a larger world of more content (Obi wan quote)
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    I'd play it for sure! Had lots of fun with this game mode back in 2015.

Why they didn't bring more stuff over from BF2015 is kind of baffling. They had faces/skins done, great maps, finished game modes, more guns, heroes we still don't have. etc. -- why not just make some improvements like updated textures or animations to match the level of BF2!? Imagine if BF2 launched as is (without the loot box fiasco of course) AND had most of BF2015 ported over!? It would've been huge and above reproach.
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    They tried to replace Cargo with Strike, it didn’t work. Bring back Cargo.

Strike is great! I think the best of 3 idea is good. It's also nice to have objective based play that moves quickly if you don't have time for big round, but don't want to just run around aimlessly shooting like in Blast.

What if they adopted the Strike model (best of 3 sort of thing) but instead of planting charges you had to move cargo, or secure drop pods?
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    kjmotz wrote: »
    I'd play it for sure! Had lots of fun with this game mode back in 2015.

Why they didn't bring more stuff over from BF2015 is kind of baffling. They had faces/skins done, great maps, finished game modes, more guns, heroes we still don't have. etc. -- why not just make some improvements like updated textures or animations to match the level of BF2!? Imagine if BF2 launched as is (without the loot box fiasco of course) AND had most of BF2015 ported over!? It would've been huge and above reproach.

Would have been amazing, especially if original cargo was in it from launch.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    And I doubted that this thread would become a mega thread and that it would reach 6 pages, well here we are. Thanks @SAmulticore
    And I doubted that this thread would become a mega thread and that it would reach 6 pages, well here we are. Thanks @SAmulticore

I find your lack of faith, disturbing.

Well, six more posts and we’re obliged to tag F8RGE again I guess.

Beyond that, if we don’t get at least a ‘we’ve noted your suggestions’ after this many pages I think this thread’s probably run its course.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    kjmotz wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    They tried to replace Cargo with Strike, it didn’t work. Bring back Cargo.

Strike is great! I think the best of 3 idea is good. It's also nice to have objective based play that moves quickly if you don't have time for big round, but don't want to just run around aimlessly shooting like in Blast.

What if they adopted the Strike model (best of 3 sort of thing) but instead of planting charges you had to move cargo, or secure drop pods?

I personally don’t like the best of three model. It turns a lot of games into redundancy. After one round I can usually tell who is going to win the best of three. Real time back and forth like what Cargo provides was more exciting to me.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member

Beyond that, if we don’t get at least a ‘we’ve noted your suggestions’ after this many pages I think this thread’s probably run its course.

You're probably on to something. I should look up some more actual cargo supporter quotes haha. It has been great to see some fresh players post on this thread though, because at least it seems to be getting seen by more of the playerbase on the forum.

• I'm cargo master
  • MWB33
    1389 posts Member

I agree with your assessment. It's quite odd to have a thread of this many pages and views without a moderator or dev team tag on it.
  • MWB33
    1389 posts Member

You're probably on to something. I should look up some more actual cargo supporter quotes haha. It has been great to see some fresh players post on this thread though, because at least it seems to be getting seen by more of the playerbase on the forum.

Indeed. Seeing more than just a small handful of us repeatedly posting has been a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. B)
  • I don’t know why they wouldn’t want more people playing (and possibly paying for skins) with new game modes.

Rotating cargo, strike, and dropzone matches every map would be awesome and would not divide the objective-based small team player base.