criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Your favorite Star Wars movies in order of 1. 2. 3.

Mine
1. Return of the Jedi
2. The Empire strikes back
3. Revenge of the Sith but ANH is loved just as much

I get a lot of hate for loving ROTJ but i just love the theme throughout the entire Episode "redemption" and "Family".

Replies

• 1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    (4. Revenge of the Sith)
  • TehSundanceKid
    289 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Return of jedi
    Return of jedi
    Return of jedi

But seriously the original trilogy, then episode 3, then episode 7 as my top five
  • 1. Empire strikes back
    2. A new hope
    3. Force awakens
    4. Return of the Jedi

As far as I know, star wars only have those four movies
  • Sauron001
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1.Empire Strikes Back
    2.A New Hope
    3.Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens (technically it's worse than the prequels since it lacks any originality but otherwise a pretty good movie)

*****Small Spoiler*****

The prequels imo are only bad because of dialogue and "emotional" acting. The plot itself wasn't bad. TFA could have been much better if they had developed a new story with bits and pieces of nostalgia instead of just copying the plot of A new Hope. 30yrs later and a planet sized super weapon far more powerful protected by a force stronger than the one on endor got wiped by a band of resistance fighters far smaller than the rebel alliance lol.

Also the first order is like the ***** youth right? Not bad story/plot wise but would phasma really have cared if they put a laser in her head? If she was a fanatic like the film portrays them she would have said whatever shoot me.
  • 1.Heir to the Empire (Because it will come out)

2. Dark Force Rising (Because it will come out)

3. The Last Command (Because it will come out)

4. Star Wars: A new hope

Those will come out because episode 7 doesn't exist and this *reboot* of a series is just like star trek same thing just another alternate timeline 30 years in the future and never happens.

• Sauron001 wrote: »
    1.Empire Strikes Back
    2.A New Hope
    3.Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens (technically it's worse than the prequels since it lacks any originality but otherwise a pretty good movie)

*****Small Spoiler*****

The prequels imo are only bad because of dialogue and "emotional" acting. The plot itself wasn't bad. TFA could have been much better if they had developed a new story with bits and pieces of nostalgia instead of just copying the plot of A new Hope. 30yrs later and a planet sized super weapon far more powerful protected by a force stronger than the one on endor got wiped by a band of resistance fighters far smaller than the rebel alliance lol.

Also the first order is like the ***** youth right? Not bad story/plot wise but would phasma really have cared if they put a laser in her head? If she was a fanatic like the film portrays them she would have said whatever shoot me.

I know right? if youre a pawn of a galactic power, would you really not sacrifice yourself over lowering the shields? like really? Phasma is pretty much responsible for allowing millions to be killed. Unbelievable.

And yes, The force awakens suffers the opposite. Hits the acting and the characters right on the nail. But plot wise? its worse compared to the prequels which yes, had an original good plot. I hope fans come to appreciate George Lucas after seeing The force awakens. The man deserves an apology.
  • I like them in the order as the story is written(Eps;1,2,3,4,5, an 6).
    Tho, haven't seen The Force Awakens movie yet.
    EA, We want improvements on Single-Player in Star Wars Battlefront! We want offline Instant Action with AI Bots! EA, Help us!
  • 1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. A New Hope

and The Force Awakens is last because it doesn't have an original storyline.
  • 7, 5, 4

And you guys call yourself Star Wars fans, lol
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    7, 5, 4

I'm actually not a fan.(Used to be, but now I'm just lukewarm about it.)
    Post edited by gio0079 on
  • 7, 5, 4

If you were more of a fan you'd realize that your first favorite and your third are the same movie. Another death star PUHLEEZE
  • 1. VII: The Force Awakens
    2. III: Revenge of the Sith
    3. I: The Phantom Menace
    "Keep your friends rich and keep your enemies rich, then wait to find out which is which."
  • GreenRey
    1357 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Violet wrote: »
    1. VII: The Force Awakens
    2. III: Revenge of the Sith
    3. I: The Phantom Menace

You really liked TFA that much huh. I thought it was a fun movie but definitely an average Star Wars, it doesn't excel but it also doesnt fail...unlike Attack of the Clones which just plain out fails.
  • 1 - empire stikes back
    2 - a new hope
    3 - return of the jedi

I actually don't hate the prequels, except for the phantom menace who's just too bad for words, but yeah, the originals are just better.

Force awakens is a decent fourth.
  • GreenRey
    1357 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My list after watching The Force Awakens

1. Return of the Jedi
    2. Empire Strikes back
    3. A new hope and ironically The Force Awakens tie
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones
  • 1. ESB
    2. TFA
    3. RotJ
    4. RotS
    5. AHN
    6. AotC
    7. TPM
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • XeTron
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Wow, most here doesn't have the prequel's as top 3! (5/13)
    No wonder why Disney is abandoned the 3 later movies(Ep;1,2,3).
    EA, We want improvements on Single-Player in Star Wars Battlefront! We want offline Instant Action with AI Bots! EA, Help us!
  • As a dedicated Star Wars fan, who has watched 1-6 literally hundreds of times, along with The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels Season 1.....

1. 5 - ESB
    2. 7 - TFA
    3. 3 - ROTS
    4. 2 - AOTC
    5. 4 - ANH
    6. 1 - TPM
    7. 6 - ROTD - Return of the Derp

Yes, I put The Force Awakens as my second favorite Star Wars movie so far because the pacing, character and factions development, and emotion are exemplary and I believe that a lot of other movies can learn from The Force Awakens about how to say introduce brand new characters or effectively establish a despicable villain/faction.

Yes, I put 3 and 2 before 4. I am NOT a prequel hater and honestly, if you are a hater, then you have been riding the cool-aid train the whole time. 2 and 3 were VERY significant to our current understanding of Star Wars - the JEDI ORDER (not the Jedi Exiled Order) and the REPUBLIC were all concepts only fleshed out through the prequels. Plus, Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-Wan and Ian as Darth Sidious were wonderful performances and I know a lot of people who'd agree. There are also a ton of Padme fans too.

4 always has a special place in my heart but let's put aside the fanboyism, okay? The pacing was pretty bad and so far EVERY single person who has never watched a Star Wars movie before thinks 4 is boring. Everyone. The only reason why we Star Wars fans drool over it is because we have a sentimental attachment to it. By itself, with no other context, Episode 4 wouldn't make it by today's standards.

I don't need to talk about 1 other than saying that it wasn't "horrible" but it was definitely a deficient movie.

@TehSundanceKid
    Come on, let's be realistic and fair about episode 6 - put aside the fanboyism for a moment. There were literally 3 different endings occurring simultaneously
    1. Luke and Vader and Emperor
    2. Trench Run in Death Star II
    3. Rebel Strike Team on Endor

Let's not forget how they basically objectified Leia at the beginning, or how Han lost a lot of his badarsery and became a lot more modest, or how Luke somehow masters the force in 2 years after being owned by Vader, or how Yoda (in 2 years, might I remind you) who has lived for 900 years conveniently gets sick and dies.

The whole episode 6 was a bloody mess and as a Star Wars fan I cannot defend it.

I encourage you all to look at each Star Wars film as a FILM, and not as an irrefutable godly idol.
  • 1. Episode VI
    2. Episode IV
    3. Episode VII
    4. Episode V
    5. Episode III
    6. Episode II
    7. Episode I
    Ted Cruz Is The Zodiac Killer
  • 1. Episode VI
    2. Episode IV
    3. Episode VII
    4. Episode V
    5. Episode III
    6. Episode II
    7. Episode I

very interesting pick. Never seen Empire so low on anybody's list before. Return of the jedi man! YES! it just has the feel of excitement throughout the entire film. From beginning to end.
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Episode IV: A New Hope

All filled with new tech, exciting story, spacebattles, exotic planets, dark & light.
    Your most joyous moments will be the unexpected ones. Release your expectations and move forward in anticipation.
    #singleplayersmatter
  • 1: ESB
    2: NH
    3: FA
    4: RJ
    5: ROTS
    6: CW
    7: PM
  • SwampFox135
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1. Return of Jedi
    2. Empire
    3. Force Awakens
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. New Hope
    6. Clones
    7. Phantom
  • The more I think about the Force Awakens the more i hate that rip off of a film and the more I roll my eyes at how easily audiences are duped.

This is why fewer and fewer movies have any originality because people don't want it.
  • GreenRey
    1357 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    PCTraitor wrote: »
    The more I think about the Force Awakens the more i hate that rip off of a film and the more I roll my eyes at how easily audiences are duped.

This is why fewer and fewer movies have any originality because people don't want it.

i can agree to some extent. It was all good up until they ripped off the whole exploding of the death star but changing it so it has a different name and size. I was smh when i started to see them blow it up towards the end. That the only real flaw of the film. Rehashing the ending of Ep4 and Ep6 was not a good move.
  • Let's see if Ep VIII The Force Done Woke Already will rehash Empire.
  • 1. Empire
    2. Jedi (yeah ewoks killing Imperial troops, and Boba Fett in the sarlaac are both lame, but those aside)
    3. A New Hope
    4. Sith
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Clones
    7. Menace

From an entertainment point of view I'd rather watch TFA, but honestly because it lacks all originality I'd rank Sith as a better film. Regardless of the prequels not having the best scripts, the Emperor is easily the best part of them, especially in Sith. Perhaps one of the few characters who was actually enhanced by the prequels rather than made a bit less cool.

• for me it's 5 - 7 - 4 - 6 - 3 - 2 - 1
  • Nyro
    269 posts Member
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. A New Hope
    3. The Force Awakens(Although I feel Boyega's performance was weak)
  • 1. ESB
    2. TFA
    3. ANH
    4. Jedi
    5. Sith
    6. Menace
    7. Clones

• 1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. TFA
    5. SITH
    6. CLONES
    7. MENACE
  • 1. ESB
    2. TFA
    3. ANH
    4. Jedi
    5. Sith
    6. Menace
    7. Clones

This
  • 1. STAR WARS: Episodes I-VI
    1. The Force Awakens
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
  • 1. Attack of the clones
    2. Empire strikes back
    3. Phantom menace
    4. A new hope
    5. Revenge of the sith
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Force awakens
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace
    7. Return of the Jedi

Sorry ROTJ is so low, but growing up watching the movies I was always bored, being last on the list does not mean I don't like it.