criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Thanks to Ewok Hunt, Wisties Are Officially Canon :)

Wisties made their first appearance in the 1984 made for TV film Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure Seen here:

They also appear in episodes of the Ewoks animated series from 1985. In fact, the ability logo in the game is modeled after their cartoon appearance:
MGPnuj1.jpg
latest?cb=20131007152723

Keep up these deep lore dives, DICE!
m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4558 posts Member
    Wow, I didn't even know what those were when I threw them. Awesome find!
  • One of the things I really liked with this game mode. I know it’s not a big thing, but I used to love Caravan of Courage when I was a kid, had it both on VHS and audio cassette, and this was such a nice little surprise to see in a game 2018. Thank you for that.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Nice catch!
    Psn: Jello770
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    that song is catchy, I love it
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Believe it or not, I actually recalled that episode. The wisties, under a spell by the cartoon's reoccurring villain, nearly burn the entire freaking village down if not for Wicket W. Warrick and his pals.

...That's hardcore and I'm surprised Wicket has a last name.
  • reddit thread word for word, huh?

• Wicket's last name is the phonetic spelling of Warwick Davis. Pronounced 'Warrick'.
  • Between the Wisties coming from Caravan of Courage and Malla coming from the Holiday Special, you never know what other legends may become canon! #bringbackmarajade
  • Wicket's last name is the phonetic spelling of Warwick Davis. Pronounced 'Warrick'.

Right. But...You never would expect a space bear to have a last name.
  • Who cares what is officially canon? The best canon is headcanon especially post PT.
  • That Ewok show looks hardcore.
  • reddit thread word for word, huh?

Not that I'm aware of. Nor do I think it matters.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg

• I knew it sounded familiar! Use to watch those so long ago lol nice find OP. Caravan of courage season incoming!
  • Wisties made their first appearance in the 1984 made for TV film Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure Seen here:

They also appear in episodes of the Ewoks animated series from 1985. In fact, the ability logo in the game is modeled after their cartoon appearance:
    MGPnuj1.jpg
    latest?cb=20131007152723

Keep up these deep lore dives, DICE!

I took few seconds to recall Caravan of Courage when I used this ability. My childhood came on my mind. Really amazing this ability is.
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Love learning about things like this. Thanks for the share! I never knew these existed.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • One of the things I really liked with this game mode. I know it’s not a big thing, but I used to love Caravan of Courage when I was a kid, had it both on VHS and audio cassette, and this was such a nice little surprise to see in a game 2018. Thank you for that.

Not sure if it can still be found, but my brother had bought a DVD pack with both movies a number of years ago. Of course, I wish I had it too, since the movies are from my childhood, and before he was even born!
  • you make canon also something of the force unleashed I II
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Between the Wisties coming from Caravan of Courage and Malla coming from the Holiday Special, you never know what other legends may become canon! #bringbackmarajade

Lucas wants the holiday special burned.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Hell yeah!

Not sure if it can still be found, but my brother had bought a DVD pack with both movies a number of years ago. Of course, I wish I had it too, since the movies are from my childhood, and before he was even born!

Right, I think I’ve seen that actually. Don’t think I should watch them again though, that’s usually not a good thing... It’s rarely the same :D
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    E, E, E, E, E, E-E-Ewoks!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Spiito
    1876 posts Member
    Who cares what is officially canon? The best canon is headcanon especially post PT.

A dude on my friendlist today/yesterday said, "Oh, so I guess they are making up stuff to put in the game, cause I mean, these glowy things aren't in canon right?" So it crosses some minds.
    But I agree, best canon is headcanon. ((Because there; Dengar is in love with Han and has an unhealthy obsession with him, and he wants his affection and love. Meanwhile neglecting the fact that Boba wants to be partners with Dengar, because Dengar is too obtuse to realize why the Galaxy's best bounty hunter would even bother to ask him to hang around at all. TLDR; manly love triangles in my headcanon. ))
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Who cares what is officially canon? The best canon is headcanon especially post PT.

A dude on my friendlist today/yesterday said, "Oh, so I guess they are making up stuff to put in the game, cause I mean, these glowy things aren't in canon right?" So it crosses some minds.
    But I agree, best canon is headcanon. ((Because there; Dengar is in love with Han and has an unhealthy obsession with him, and he wants his affection and love. Meanwhile neglecting the fact that Boba wants to be partners with Dengar, because Dengar is too obtuse to realize why the Galaxy's best bounty hunter would even bother to ask him to hang around at all. TLDR; manly love triangles in my headcanon. ))

This head movie makes muh eyes rain
  • Now bring me a full on ewok season with the deadly Teebo
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Glad I'm not the only one who remembered these from Caravan of Courage. Honestly would like more Endor creatures from those two Ewok movies added to the game. Great 80s vibe.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    Wow. Cool!
  • Ewok adventure and caravan was two of my favorite off shoots of star wars along with star wars holiday special. I saw all of these on TV as they air on TV. Many moons later I have digital copy's of every Star Wars live action movie. What's really cool to me is the two ewok movies that has my step daughter so focus on speaking correctly that she is finally out of speech class. Every week end she says the lines word for word and the right way as she watches.
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    We need an Ewok hero!
  • Droids_and_Ewoks
    446 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't even know what those were when I threw them. Awesome find!

Thanks, man! Glad to share!
    alunguy wrote: »
    Love when they add obscure details like this but I feel bad for the researcher who had to watch through these to find out lol.

I don't know, I kinda like these early Ewok spinoff, though I recognize their saccharine quality. Since DICE is based in Europe where I'm told the Ewoks got much more regard, it's possible that some dev simply remembered the wisties.
    One of the things I really liked with this game mode. I know it’s not a big thing, but I used to love Caravan of Courage when I was a kid, had it both on VHS and audio cassette, and this was such a nice little surprise to see in a game 2018. Thank you for that.

I'm right with you, homie! I loved Caravan and the cartoon. Outside of the novels and comics, those early spinoffs were among the first examples of the expanding Star Wars universe. It was crazy that there was so much happening on this quiet, mysterious wooded planet even before the Empire touched down. It made Endor one of my favorite planets.
    Believe it or not, I actually recalled that episode. The wisties, under a spell by the cartoon's reoccurring villain, nearly burn the entire freaking village down if not for Wicket W. Warrick and his pals.

...That's hardcore and I'm surprised Wicket has a last name.

He has a middle name too- Wistri. But yeah pretty intense premise for that first episode. It may interest some to know that the episode plus several others of the series were written by Paul Dini of Batman: The Animated Series fame. He said that it was one of the best writing experiences he'd had, but wished they'd had the same freedom as The Clone Wars series.
    That
    Ewok show looks hardcore.

Indeed! The first season at least had top notch production value. Lucas wanted to incorporate more fantasy elements on Endor. There's a youtube channel that has entire episodes.

mastery0ta wrote: »
    I knew it sounded familiar! Use to watch those so long ago lol nice find OP. Caravan of courage season incoming!

Thanks! I'd settle for Ewok enforcers!

Love learning about things like this. Thanks for the share! I never knew these existed.

No problem! I'm a huge Ewok fan, so glad to share the love!
    Spiito wrote: »

LOL! Aww, you'll find love Dengar! But first you gotta love yourself!
    Now bring me a full on ewok season with the deadly Teebo

Teebo is a badass. I highly recommend the comic Shadows of Endor. It bridges the gap between the Ewoks animated series and Return of the Jedi.
    d5h8znzx0cn6.png

BradCafe wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who remembered these from Caravan of Courage. Honestly would like more Endor creatures from those two Ewok movies added to the game. Great 80s vibe.

No doubt! Would love to see a Gorax, which appears in Caravan and unbeknownst to many, is why the Ewoks had traps they could use against AT-STs. Ralph Mcquarrie had done concept art of the Gorax originally for ROTJ, but a scene was not filmed. Endor is a lore within a lore.
    t6njk219ch4q.jpg

Alex64 wrote: »
    We need an Ewok hero!

I'd be down for Wicket!

Post edited by Droids_and_Ewoks on
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg

• Whenever I read 'Wisties' on the HUD, I always try & say it in an Ewok voice :D
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    "These yubNubs are trying to hurt my little Wisties!!!
    Ayeeeee dee yahhh!"
    http://xboxclips.com/buyakashak/2eb426a5-0b8f-4b19-adc2-af7a632f00b6
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak