criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback - Ewok Hunt

Replies

• Aric
    15 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Knappen5 wrote: »
    So here's my feedback and a lot of feedback from Twitter in this thread for Ewok Hunt: twitter.com/TheKnappen/status/987078495720402944
    I won't cover anything that's been confirmed by the devs that they are working on and changing.
    I'm going to cover four main points.
    • Map
    • Ewoks and Stormtroopers
    • Wanted Features
    • Know Issues

I'm going to go through them in order.

• Map

I think the map is really great but I also think there should be another secret tunnel on the side where there are two tunnel openings. This would make it so the Stormtroopers wouldn't feel as safe in that area.

You should be able to shot down the traps or activate them in another way like shooting the pole or just the "bag".

When the shuttle appears either the Stormtroopers should follow it like the Ewoks not knowing where it will land or make the shuttle land slower or add a short timer until you can board (like the timer on Jetpack cargo when you were dropping it off/delivering it).

Add different crates with different weapons and items.

Manable traps

All Ewok cities connected in some way with bridges. So you can cover a bigger area.

The secret tunnel is hard to find sometimes and I think there should be something that only shows for the Ewoks that there is a tunnel there for them to use.

Ewoks:

Wisties are too easy to shake off just by rolling.

The battle horn ability needs to be active for a few more seconds.

The battle horn ability could need a shorter animation.

The battle horn ability could give the Ewok a slight speed boost (or give all nearby Ewoks a small speed boost +yourself).

If you throw the wisties you can't use the spear for a few seconds.

Small health buff or damage buff.

Few seconds shorter cooldown on wisties for the first five Ewoks.

Stormtroopers:

Stormtroopers flashlight should have a bit longer cooldown.

DLT-19's flashlight shouldn't be unlimited. Maybe double the active time for it and add a bit longer cooldown.

Nerf the rolling for stormtroopers. It's very annoying for the Ewoks when the stormtroopers just roll away from every attack you try to do like the spear and wisties.

Wisties to go away faster if you flash your flashlight at them.
    • Wanted Features

Better endings. Like add the Ewok celebration music and add some fireworks.

Build up music near the end (more music overall).

A cleared timer for Stormtroopers and Ewoks.

A chance to spawn as a Scout Trooper.

Three Ewoks at the start instead of two to get the game going faster.

More ambient sounds.

Small objectives for the stormtroopers under the whole match to make them split up.

Tune down the flashlight glare for friendly stormtroopers because it's irritating to the eyes.

Team chat - voice chat

Ewok Hunt to be added to private matches in the future.

Ewok Hunt to be permenant.
    • Known Issues

No sound on end cinematic screen.

Sound glitches on and off on the score screen.

Stormtroopers can get up to the Ewok village.

You can go out of bounds without dying.

Sometimes spear doesn't do any damage.

You can get stuck on/in roots inside the cave.

I think that's everything. I just want to say that Ewok Hunt is a great mode but it could need some fine tuning before turning into a permanent mode like the whole community wants. That is it from me and I just want to say that many people want more Hunt type of game modes with like Gungans, Wampas, Tusken Raiders and Gamorean Guards.

Thanks for reading the feedback and feel free to tweet at me or direct message me on my twitter if you want to ask me something. @TheKnappen https://twitter.com/TheKnappen

Good job finding all that.

• Aric
    15 posts Member
    LuckFett wrote: »
    Knappen5 wrote: »
    So here's my feedback and a lot of feedback from Twitter in this thread for Ewok Hunt: twitter.com/TheKnappen/status/987078495720402944
    I won't cover anything that's been confirmed by the devs that they are working on and changing.
    I'm going to cover four main points.
    • Map
    • Wanted Features
    • Know Issues

I'm going to go through them in order.

• Map

I think the map is really great but I also think there should be another secret tunnel on the side where there are two tunnel openings. This would make it so the Stormtroopers wouldn't feel as safe in that area.

You should be able to shot down the traps or activate them in another way like shooting the pole or just the "bag".

When the shuttle appears either the Stormtroopers should follow it like the Ewoks not knowing where it will land or make the shuttle land slower or add a short timer until you can board (like the timer on Jetpack cargo when you were dropping it off/delivering it).

Add different crates with different weapons and items.

Manable traps

All Ewok cities connected in some way with bridges. So you can cover a bigger area.

The secret tunnel is hard to find sometimes and I think there should be something that only shows for the Ewoks that there is a tunnel there for them to use.

Ewoks:

Wisties are too easy to shake off just by rolling.

The battle horn ability needs to be active for a few more seconds.

The battle horn ability could need a shorter animation.

The battle horn ability could give the Ewok a slight speed boost (or give all nearby Ewoks a small speed boost +yourself).

If you throw the wisties you can't use the spear for a few seconds.

Small health buff or damage buff.

Few seconds shorter cooldown on wisties for the first five Ewoks.

Stormtroopers:

Stormtroopers flashlight should have a bit longer cooldown.

DLT-19's flashlight shouldn't be unlimited. Maybe double the active time for it and add a bit longer cooldown.

Nerf the rolling for stormtroopers. It's very annoying for the Ewoks when the stormtroopers just roll away from every attack you try to do like the spear and wisties.

Wisties to go away faster if you flash your flashlight at them.
    • Wanted Features

Better endings. Like add the Ewok celebration music and add some fireworks.

Build up music near the end (more music overall).

A cleared timer for Stormtroopers and Ewoks.

A chance to spawn as a Scout Trooper.

Three Ewoks at the start instead of two to get the game going faster.

More ambient sounds.

Small objectives for the stormtroopers under the whole match to make them split up.

Tune down the flashlight glare for friendly stormtroopers because it's irritating to the eyes.

Team chat - voice chat

Ewok Hunt to be added to private matches in the future.

Ewok Hunt to be permenant.
    • Known Issues

No sound on end cinematic screen.

Sound glitches on and off on the score screen.

Stormtroopers can get up to the Ewok village.

You can go out of bounds without dying.

Sometimes spear doesn't do any damage.

You can get stuck on/in roots inside the cave.

I think that's everything. I just want to say that Ewok Hunt is a great mode but it could need some fine tuning before turning into a permanent mode like the whole community wants. That is it from me and I just want to say that many people want more Hunt type of game modes with like Gungans, Wampas, Tusken Raiders and Gamorean Guards.

Thanks for reading the feedback and feel free to tweet at me or direct message me on my twitter if you want to ask me something. @TheKnappen https://twitter.com/TheKnappen

Whats the piuto problem to get up to ewoks villages? There are police ewoks? Ewoks laws dont let you? And the DLTlight its very good i only useit for that
    I agree with scout trooper and a skin from kashyyyk i think i pay a few dollars.
    Lets invade ewok!

I think the reason you can't die out of bounds is so everyone can't kill themselves to become Ewoks. And Out of bounds is pretty shallow.
  • Hi, was not sure to which thread should I post this, but I cannot launch Ewok Hunt from my PS4: it simply does not appear in the Home menu. I have downloaded the patch and I can purchase new customisation options, yet the new mode is just absent.

Instead, home menu shows the campaign, arcade and galactic assault options. Moreover, following the patch, Battlefront often fails to automatically go online and there are many connection problems (other games work fine). I have reinstalled BF2, but it did not help!

Could somebody help me with this? The new mode looks really exciting and with one day left it would be a shame to miss it! Thanks!
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Armarro wrote: »
    Hi, was not sure to which thread should I post this, but I cannot launch Ewok Hunt from my PS4: it simply does not appear in the Home menu. I have downloaded the patch and I can purchase new customisation options, yet the new mode is just absent.

Instead, home menu shows the campaign, arcade and galactic assault options. Moreover, following the patch, Battlefront often fails to automatically go online and there are many connection problems (other games work fine). I have reinstalled BF2, but it did not help!

Could somebody help me with this? The new mode looks really exciting and with one day left it would be a shame to miss it! Thanks!

Check eahelp
    @IIPrest0nII thoughts?
    @Armarro
    I found a post with the same issue:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/No-Ewok-Hunt-mode-empty-servers/m-p/6757025#M15767
    Advise to reply in there and note your isp.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• I love this mode and is very fun to play. Now all we need is a Wampa Hunt

maxresdefault.jpg
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • IIPrest0nII
    3847 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Armarro wrote: »
    Hi, was not sure to which thread should I post this, but I cannot launch Ewok Hunt from my PS4: it simply does not appear in the Home menu. I have downloaded the patch and I can purchase new customisation options, yet the new mode is just absent.

Check eahelp
    @IIPrest0nII thoughts?
    @Armarro
    I found a post with the same issue:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/No-Ewok-Hunt-mode-empty-servers/m-p/6757025#M15767
    Advise to reply in there and note your isp.

@F03hammer

It's not easy to find the cause of this connectivity issue. I know for sure that Russian users may have some connectivity issues in the game due to recent activity of Roskomnadzor

I think @Armarro should post in that thread which you indicated. Also, they should check basic connection troubleshooting: https://help.ea.com/en-za/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Frontline wrote: »
    I really enjoy this mode, but I do have one request. I know it's opposite of what many people have said, but I hate playing in the 3rd person mode. Can we please also have the option to play 1st person ewoks?

I love the immersive feeling when playing as a stormtrooper, but it is immediately lost when I become an ewok. (This is also why I rarely play as hero or reinforcement in the other modes. ) I want to feel like I am actually there, not like I'm watching someone who is.

Thanks!

I agree - like all other modes, we should have the choice of 1st or 3rd person for both characters.
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    It’s pretty dull really. Remove the cave from phase 1 as all the troopers hide there and it’s impossible to kill any of them. One punch from a stormtrooper kills an ewok? Really? It seems like this was an idea EA had for a much bigger thing but it didn’t really pan out so they just released it like this as a “bonus.” So far the 2 temporary game modes have been poor. This and JPC. The darkness doesn’t help either. It’s like they wanted a stealth based mode but just haven’t quite worked out how to do it.
  • Simply creepy - ewoks must be a lot faster..

• 5. Firefly DoT damage stacks. Throw them at the same time for maximum damage.

From what I've heard the damage doesn't stack. Think one of the devs said that.
    Knappen
  • Loving ewok hunt. Love intense feeling of stormtrooper to survive. And hunt feel of a ewok.

Couple ideas for ewok. Maybe as forth ability. You could get spear out and could aim and throw it. At stormtroopers. Then have fetch it. Bit like how stormtrooper have get guncase get the gun. So people not think spear throw op. maybe bit slow cool down. Till next throw. And when active hunt mode. Should be ewok footprints that leads to that suprise jump spot top of cave. Get drop on stormtroopers.

63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • The challenge "EHDA YUYHI EEDEEZA" does not work (for me). I completed it twice already and I did not get any money. Can you fix it please :) :)
  • MBSONIC
    386 posts Member
    The traps take to much damage. They should not take half health in my opinion.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    Geez437 wrote: »
    The challenge "EHDA YUYHI EEDEEZA" does not work (for me). I completed it twice already and I did not get any money. Can you fix it please :) :)

Agreed. I have spotted at least 15 Ewoks so far but the challenge is still at 0. Its probably one of these crap EA things where something unbelievably specific will count as spotting one.
  • Tigzee
    170 posts Member
    CHALLENGE DEFINITELY BROKEN 21/04/2018!!!! BUT READ THIS ANGLE ON THE GLITCH ---> I have played many many times with the Ewok eyes lighting up in front of me. Solid square kills under the beam. None registered. Tried both flashlights - with first weapon - then the longer lasting flashlight - nothing. I have gone back out - had a look at the register after clearly spotting Ewoks before shooting them - none registered. Then few minutes back I bagged a single Ewok with another definite solid square beam from the flashlight - this time I went out to the Home Page quickly to joyfully discover that it apparently registered for once. Yes a score was there with one notch 1/10 only when I quickly went back out to check the challenge bar on the Home Page --- BUT --- that ONE HIT Progression on the bar WAS THERE for a few seconds AND THEN REDUCED TO ZERO BEFORE MY EYES!!!!! I think the registration bit of the program is weirdly broken this time!!! Maybe the same glitchy segemnt of code which often reduces these daily challenges to zero. Frustrating because it makes you feel you are failing the challenge when you think you are actually doing ok...but actually you ARE doing well! Anyone else getting the flashlight to register under EHDA YUHYI EEDEEZA?? I see many players are experiencing problems. I am really enjoying this Night on Endor Mode and hope it somehow stays permanently in BF2. GREAT WORK EA/DICE or whoever. However I have never known such a buggy game before as BF2. All the patching and issues. It's like the general public are the SW Testers for QA. A corporate cost saving for sure. Microsoft used to use the public as guinea pigs too...but that's another tale. I guess BF2 is an ever evolving entity....until BF3 comes along. Anyway....I like completing these challenges and think it's a shame the glitches and bugs sometimes dampen the fun when they don't register just because they suffer from poor QA testing pre rollout.
  • I think this mode is pretty fun. One noticeable thing is that you can get stuck in crags, as an Ewok, and can’t get out. You have to respawn. This happens to me a lot! Also, the Ehda Yuhyi Erdeeza challenge is bugged. I have spotted many Ewoks with my flashlight, only to have the progress removed back to 0. First time, I found 5, after dying it was gone. Second time I found six, and it was removed again.

Also, the campaign collectibles bug is still here. Mission select shows I’ve collected them, but career campaign tab shows that am missing some. Weird. Kinda sucks I won’t be able to collect my credits.
    I could delete my save file, but I’m worried I will lose all my progress.

Other than that, I’m happy!
  • I love the game mode and it isn't event specific or anything so please make it permanent.
  • After 1 or 2 games- nothing. Then I score 5 Ewoks with my flashlight. Hey !! Another match- I hope for at least 3 more. And I get 3, total count 3 OUT OF 10. Then I exit to menu- 0 OUT OF 10. Good job, really.
  • Not a fan. In the couple rounds I tried people just stood against a wall in the cave until it was time to go to the shuttle and I was unable to find a back entrance to cave to try and flank them. Also, since the horn to give a little damage reduction announces to everybody your location or how close you are to them you can't use it anyplace near a trooper and it only takes a couple shots to kill an ewok. Thankfully I had unlocked the Peek-a-Boo card a long time ago. It's probably my favorite emote.
  • Knappen5

I've never tested it myself but if a dev said they don't stack then they probably don't stack.

Usually at the end when the Stormtroopers are running for the ship or waiting for it the Ewoks will spam the fireflies around the landing zone and it melts them pretty quick.

It could just refresh the firefly time. Say you're hit by one, so you dodge/roll to get away and run into another one and the DoT timer from the fireflies refreshes. That would make sense if it worked that way.

KC
  • MBSONIC

Turn off your flashlight while you're running around and look up. You can see the big bag of rocks hanging up there. They're pretty easy to spot.

Adding pit traps with spikes would make it a lot more interesting and it would force players to look at the ground in order to see them (tree branches covered with leaves). If you fall in the trap you die. You can survive the rock traps.

KC
  • I am really enjoying this game mode, let's make it permanent :smiley:

Check out this fun match of Ewok Murdering if you'd like :D

Daily 4K 60FPS live-streams of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and lots of Star Wars Battlefront 2 4K-60FPS gameplay.
    https://gaming.youtube.com/BloodSpillerGaming
  • I am really enjoying this game mode, let's make it permanent :smiley:

Check out this fun match of Ewok Murdering if you'd like :D

I think it could be permanent just needs more maps. Seems like the current one is a near copy of survivors of Endor from the first game. They could reuse the original map in the first game, ad if they wanted a Wampa Hunt they could use the twilight on Hoth map.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • we are still waiting for the luke, kylo and boba buff though please change them next patch

And Darth Vader needs a health/resistance buff in GA
  • • How about adding a bow and arrow to the Ewoks arsenal.
    • Make the Ewoks faster while running.
  • • How about adding a bow and arrow to the Ewoks arsenal.
    • Make the Ewoks faster while running.

I'd also like their dodge roll to actually be useful. As of now, it's pathetic.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Thank you for this new, and very fun game mode. I do hope it will become a permanent game mode.
  • Thanks for the effort but for myself, much like JPC, Ewok Hunt is underwhelming and it gets old quick. Stormtroopers just hanging out in a cave until the end. (Where is the yawn emote?) I'm glad some people are enjoying it and they have fun with it while it lasts but I'm just not one of them.
    Honestly, it is disappointing that resources (time & money) were used to create these "temporary" modes when they would have been better spent making new permanent modes or getting more fixes done like the AT-AT orbital strike glitch on Hoth or the collision detection in SA to name a few. Sometimes it seems this game is geared to the preteen with a short attention span or these modes are some sort of distraction from the minimal amount of new permanent content released so far.
    Although I'd like to, but at this time I do not expect much from the season 2 release. I'd rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised with the results of season 2 rather than having high expectations for a SW titled game only to be thoroughly disappointed. We'll see.
    Just honest feedback from someone who purchased the deluxe edition and has been playing since the beta.

I need to retract some of my comments from earlier as I've spent some more time with Ewok Hunt and it actually can be a fun mode to play. I still wished more of the fixes like the ones I mentioned above and others were addressed but I was wrong about this mode as Ewok Hunt ain't that bad and it has potential.
    #StarWars-y
  • Make it permanent, please!
  • Really enjoy the mode but I'm COMPLETELY lost when the shuttle lands. Are we suppose to physically go into the shuttle? Because 2 seconds after the shuttle landed the round ended, I was standing right in front of it and got to the bottom of the ramp but then the round stopped.
    What's frustrating is that around 6 players got the "..... has boarded the shuttle" notification and I' don't think anyone actually managed to board it. About 10 of us were listed as "Survived" in the post-round scoreboard though.

This whole phase of the mode needs to be clarified. What exactly are Troopers supposed to do?

In other feedback, it would save a LOT of frustration if Troopers could have a radar HUD to locate other Troopers. I know you're going for a scary survival type mode but the fun doesn't really start until you find at least one other Trooper to team up with.

Alternate Mode Suggestion: ORDER 66. Would be great to have Jedi against Clone Troopers in an Ewok Hunt style mode. Just limit the Jedi to the strong jumping ability and the Force Push and lightsaber melee attacks. (This sort of generic Jedi (like the ones in Attack of the Clones on Geonosis) would make great special units actually in Prequel Era GA maps.) Make defeated Jedi respawn as Clone Troopers.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • I've absolutely loved the mode, it is fun, and addictive. I have only one problem though. Whenever I complete EHDA YUHYI EEDEEZA, it does not award me 1,000 credits, does anyone else have this problem?
  • Make it permanent please
  • RyanK388
    1457 posts Member
    It’s terrifying to play,

Who would’ve guessed horror, suspense and starwars would meld so well together
  • I really enjoy the mode, especially as an Ewok. I do agree the cave is a problem, especially when you have stormtroopers sitting there camping every entrance. This can lead to some dull matches.

I must say I am surprised how well the Ewoks turned out. I really like the death-from-above attack, as that is a skill shot, and rewards good positioning/timing. The footsteps in hunter mode are a very nice touch too.

Other than tweaking the cave to make it a little easier for Ewoks to sneak in, I would suggest removing one or two stormtrooper crates, as there are lots of them around which give infinite flashlights. Also, as an Ewok, unless I missed something they cannot tell when the troopers get the notification to run to the extraction point.

So many games I have been on one side of the cave and have no idea the troopers are heading to the extraction point. By the time we get the HUD display that the shuttle is coming it is far too late to run there. I realize that we could cover all exits to the cave, but it is just a bummer when you are trying to get in the cave and all of a sudden realize the troopers are at the extraction point and you lost because you had no idea that phase started.
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    I would like to see the points earned while a trooper going to the assault class. Those of us that are still grinding can’t afford to waste time playing modes that don’t count towards levelling up.
  • Ravogd wrote: »
    I would like to see the points earned while a trooper going to the assault class. Those of us that are still grinding can’t afford to waste time playing modes that don’t count towards levelling up.

Actually, I was thinking about this. What if we could earn generic experience in these temporary modes, and could allocate it to any class we wanted, much like we do the crafting skill points? It could be a reduced amount of experience, compared to leveling the class normally. Just a thought.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    It’s terrifying to play,

Who would’ve guessed horror, suspense and starwars would meld so well together

#MeMe #MeMe
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Ive played this mode some more. I still dont like it. This mode needs communication in a game that doesnt provide it. It is a novelty modes which is ok for just that, but the game needs more work on serious game modes. Conquest mode and better modes in arcade should be a priority over this.
  • Yeldarb
    231 posts Member
    I like the mode its way better than jetpack cargo. It could use a few balance tweaks hope it stays permanent its provided me with tons of laughs.
  • Make it permanent, bit call it Hunt. That way, you can keep adding more maps, but could have stormtroopers attacking wookies, wampas attacking rebels, etc.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Now that Night on Endor is now live, something we're keen to hear about is all your feedback on Ewok Hunt.

Please use this thread to give us all your thoughts, feedback, and ideas.

Look forward to reading what you think!

F8RGE...was lost to the forest

Why you ppl from EA/DICE are wasting our/your time adding modes like this,i didnt ask for this,nobody i know ask for this kind of mode,same with jet pack cargo.We want more maps for GA,more weapons,classes,real cargo mode,WA mode,Anakin,kenobi,fix error 201,lagging is awful in this game,partner spawn,stop selling us unfinished games with locked content on it,six month later you guys unlock skins?.OMG feedback?is anybody listening and now the map rotation,who cares if takodana,hoth,naboo goes first they are the same maps weve been playing over & over the last six months,add new maps!!let us pick the 1st we want to play,then start the rotation after play it,lots of empty lobbys,why?
    Not hoping that anybody will read this......................ERROR 201
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Update: Previously I suggested venturing out of bounds if you wanted to die and become an ewok. Turns out you can't do this. Although I suppose you could kill yourself by triggering 2 traps if you really wanted to be an ewok.

I will say I don't mind playing the mode to accomplish daily challenges. Contrast that with jetpack cargo where I dreaded having to play it. At least Ewok Hunt is fun in it's own unique way. I just find the main game more satisfying.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Although I suppose you could kill yourself by triggering 2 traps if you really wanted to be an ewok.

**Tugs at collar nervously**

m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• Or find a good spot and use taunts until an Ewok comes along and kills you. ;)

KC
  • Or grenade yourself a few times.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Update: Previously I suggested venturing out of bounds if you wanted to die and become an ewok. Turns out you can't do this. Although I suppose you could kill yourself by triggering 2 traps if you really wanted to be an ewok.

I will say I don't mind playing the mode to accomplish daily challenges. Contrast that with jetpack cargo where I dreaded having to play it. At least Ewok Hunt is fun in it's own unique way. I just find the main game more satisfying.
    Or grenade yourself a few times.

This is exactly what I do. If I am near a trap, I intentionally run into it, and pick up a crate and chuck the grenade at my feet.

What can I say, Ewoks are where it's at.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • How to fix the Cave advantage.
    1) Allow Ewoks to find a Pickup that lets them set Traps Anywhere.
    2) Rockslide closes the cave 30 seconds before the Shuttle begins to fly over, leaving only Ewok Doors available for exiting and only Ewok sized hidden Entrances in. Any Troopers that are inside will also risk added rocks falling to kill them as the Shuttle flies over if they're still in the cave and the rockslide extinguishes all torches, creates dust that reduces and rapidly extinguishes fire from grenades, and breaks the permanent flashlight.
    3) Since Ewoks can't zoom, make left trigger a secondary attack that launches ranged sling attack rocks (very little damage, but allows ewoks to fire from range outside the cave, plus it can reuse whispy sling animation).
    4) Improve the Horn and Instinct abilities. Horn should make it where Ewoks kill in 3 hits or less, Instinct should make Ewoks 3x as fast as a running Trooper.
    5) Ewoks can board and Sabotage the Shuttle (two Ewoks counteract one Trooper) but they have to board before the Troopers or each Trooper that boards before Ewoks can play tske control of Blaster Cannons on the Shuttle to shoot Ewoks around the Shuttle (three ewoks can counter a Trooper that boarded first for win condition, but trooper continues to have access to Blaster Cannon, and they can only do so until all Troopers are killed, countered, or boarded.) Troopers Countered before they board die and respawn as Ewoks, all Troopers that board have to be countered or they all are considered to have cleared the Ewok Saboteurs.

How to give balance.
    1) All crates have a 5 secind refresh timer, so All 18 Troopers can collect equipment from the crates in 1 minute and 25 seconds of the first one to find it.
    2) Three levels of gear, each upgrading the weapon and adding an ability. First upgrade remains the same, second adds a Heavy's Shield and eliminates the shaking on the permanent Flashlight, Third adds a grappling launcher (Alternate Weapon choice like Ion Disrupter, Hero Starfighters 4th Ability, or Iden's pickups in Campaign) with a 25 second refresh that allows Troopers to climb up into the Ewok Villages) and allows Troopers to heal to 150. Troopers can't get abilities from the same Crate twice.

Not sure if everyone will like my ideas, but I think the mode is good.

Also the milestone for Flashlight sighting Ewoks needs to be fixed to be cumulative across multiple rounds, not all 10 in a single round (if it is ever to be reused).
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Now that Night on Endor is now live, something we're keen to hear about is all your feedback on Ewok Hunt.

Please use this thread to give us all your thoughts, feedback, and ideas.

Look forward to reading what you think!

F8RGE...was lost to the forest

Why you ppl from EA/DICE are wasting our/your time adding modes like this,i didnt ask for this,nobody i know ask for this kind of mode,same with jet pack cargo.We want more maps for GA,more weapons,classes,real cargo mode,WA mode,Anakin,kenobi,fix error 201,lagging is awful in this game,partner spawn,stop selling us unfinished games with locked content on it,six month later you guys unlock skins?.OMG feedback?is anybody listening and now the map rotation,who cares if takodana,hoth,naboo goes first they are the same maps weve been playing over & over the last six months,add new maps!!let us pick the 1st we want to play,then start the rotation after play it,lots of empty lobbys,why?
    Not hoping that anybody will read this......................ERROR 201

Yeah, ok. First things first... Calm down. They will probobly wait for August for Clone Wars, as it is the ten year anniversary. It will be large, as they are already prepping it. Concept art has been seen. Han season first, makes sense and people want it. We dont need more classes. More weapons? Wouldnt hurt, but not a rop priority. More maps kinda come with seasons. Skins were also still being finalized with voices, too. They look amazing, because they took their time and did it right. Choosing your era is going to be tested on GA eventually, hang in there. Map choice would not work.WA is kinda in the form og GA, but would rather have a free flowing mode which is confirmed to be in the works.try to troubleshoot your lag and hardwire. Also, something happened to Russian servers, not sure what.
    Also, other people like Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt, and many even want Ewok Hunt to be permanent. People have requested more modes. Strike is my style of cargo, I like it.
    :smile:
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    How to fix the Cave advantage.
    1) Allow Ewoks to find a Pickup that lets them set Traps Anywhere.
    2) Rockslide closes the cave 30 seconds before the Shuttle begins to fly over, leaving only Ewok Doors available for exiting and only Ewok sized hidden Entrances in. Any Troopers that are inside will also risk added rocks falling to kill them as the Shuttle flies over if they're still in the cave and the rockslide extinguishes all torches, creates dust that reduces and rapidly extinguishes fire from grenades, and breaks the permanent flashlight.
    3) Since Ewoks can't zoom, make left trigger a secondary attack that launches ranged sling attack rocks (very little damage, but allows ewoks to fire from range outside the cave, plus it can reuse whispy sling animation).
    4) Improve the Horn and Instinct abilities. Horn should make it where Ewoks kill in 3 hits or less, Instinct should make Ewoks 3x as fast as a running Trooper.
    5) Ewoks can board and Sabotage the Shuttle (two Ewoks counteract one Trooper) but they have to board before the Troopers or each Trooper that boards before Ewoks can play tske control of Blaster Cannons on the Shuttle to shoot Ewoks around the Shuttle (three ewoks can counter a Trooper that boarded first for win condition, but trooper continues to have access to Blaster Cannon, and they can only do so until all Troopers are killed, countered, or boarded.) Troopers Countered before they board die and respawn as Ewoks, all Troopers that board have to be countered or they all are considered to have cleared the Ewok Saboteurs.

How to give balance.
    1) All crates have a 5 secind refresh timer, so All 18 Troopers can collect equipment from the crates in 1 minute and 25 seconds of the first one to find it.
    2) Three levels of gear, each upgrading the weapon and adding an ability. First upgrade remains the same, second adds a Heavy's Shield and eliminates the shaking on the permanent Flashlight, Third adds a grappling launcher (Alternate Weapon choice like Ion Disrupter, Hero Starfighters 4th Ability, or Iden's pickups in Campaign) with a 25 second refresh that allows Troopers to climb up into the Ewok Villages) and allows Troopers to heal to 150. Troopers can't get abilities from the same Crate twice.

Not sure if everyone will like my ideas, but I think the mode is good.

Also the milestone for Flashlight sighting Ewoks needs to be fixed to be cumulative across multiple rounds, not all 10 in a single round (if it is ever to be reused).

Cave has no advantage. Wisties clear it real quick, estpecially for the upper ledge planted above all the stormtroopers in the main part, getting hit by wisties and spears.
    Would love to throw rocks with zoom key, though. But upgrades should be limited, cause ewoks only have spears.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • For ewok hunt, have, for 600 bp on the ewok side, a stolen speeder bike, with their legs flying in the sir like a classic ewok. Also have, for 700 ewok bp, an ewok ariel. He has a glider, and when the player hits F(remove horn), it unfolds/folds and when they jump, they gilde. Same abilities. Also, this ewoks Q ability will be to drop a couple rocks in a line. Same can be done for other hunt modes as well. Or, instead of speeder bikes being attained through bp, have 5 scattered along the map. Like tauntauns on hoth. Also, make Chief Chirpa a hero for 3,000 bp. Stronger, with 200 bp, and deals double damage with his two pronged spear. His hunters instincts are permanently activated. He throws wisties, can set traps(pit traps, 1 minute recharge time), and can throw a rock, that deals 50 damage but travels slow(80 head). Limited range.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season