criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

General Star Wars discussions

Replies

• Greedo could make an appearance. (Not that I need him to, but I just want you to feel better cad) :)
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I'm hoping for Greedo Boba Fett and Jabba, small cameos.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I really like this trooper. He’s very different and has cool hooded cape.
  • Thoughts on the mudtrooper?
    7of7zjrgjvq01.jpg
    Will go down in my Battlefront 2 cosmetic wishlist.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    19bsbxagdlhq.jpeg
  • Found this just scrolling through, very interesting.
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/04/10/star-wars-mark-hamill-episode-ix-carrie-fisher/
    "It really has tarnished my ability to enjoy it to its fullest," Hamill shared with ABC News of Fisher's passing. "You were asking earlier, 'Are you gonna come back?' I don't care anymore, on that level. Because Han Solo is gone, Luke is gone. You just can't get the band back together the way you wanted it to be, and it shouldn't be that way. It is what it is. Rather than being sorry that we can't have more of her, I'm just grateful that we had the time with her that we did."
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thoughts on the mudtrooper?
    7of7zjrgjvq01.jpg

Looks very cold war . Compare it to these soldiers in Zodiak suits ( I think they are called Zodiak suits).

2fu7smr35v8a.jpg
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Found this just scrolling through, very interesting.
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/04/10/star-wars-mark-hamill-episode-ix-carrie-fisher/
    "It really has tarnished my ability to enjoy it to its fullest," Hamill shared with ABC News of Fisher's passing. "You were asking earlier, 'Are you gonna come back?' I don't care anymore, on that level. Because Han Solo is gone, Luke is gone. You just can't get the band back together the way you wanted it to be, and it shouldn't be that way. It is what it is. Rather than being sorry that we can't have more of her, I'm just grateful that we had the time with her that we did."

The fact that we won’t get a reunion of han, luke and leia is so sad. It’s honestly ridiculous, and such a big missed opportunity. I may always be baffled as to why that didn’t let this happen....
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

The fact that we won’t get a reunion of han, luke and leia is so sad. It’s honestly ridiculous, and such a big missed opportunity. I may always be baffled as to why that didn’t let this happen....

One word:

SUBVERSION.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

One word:

SUBVERSION.

It was a stupid move on their part. There is a way to respectfully treat and send off the classic characters while also giving plenty of spotlight to the new characters. Colin (the original director for ep 9) wanted to do this. According to recent information, Colin demanded Luke be left alive for his movie because in his original plan, he wanted to send off luke the right way by allowing Luke to pass of the torch to the next generation while also respecting his character.
    It seems like Colin understood that there needed to be a happy medium between respecting the fandom while also giving plenty of room for new characters. He’s even mentioned something similar in a tweet about Jurassic world.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Discuss this picture. Its from Marvels star wars # 12.

Star-Wars-12-lightsabers.jpg
    Here it is folks:

Also where are the familiar alien species? It looks like yet again it’s going to be all new species of aliens with the same bland earth tones.

There were some twi'leks in the first trailer
    lwdxogwpbae01.jpg

But yeah, I'd say there's only 1or 2 new species from the film that look interesting

This is just hideous
    hansoloalien-1492550378753_610w.png
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Ah nice catch. I didn’t notice the twi'leks
  • New Solo ad:
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    New Solo ad:

The imperial scenes seem to be the only thing that really interest me at this point. From what we have seen of the trailers, the imperial scenes look pretty cool.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member

What about it? That was the Nar Shaddaa storyline, in Grakkus' arena? With the EMP knocking blasters off? I didn't mind it, as Han complained the whole time. Funny to see them with sabers.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member

What about it? That was the Nar Shaddaa storyline, in Grakkus' arena? With the EMP knocking blasters off? I didn't mind it, as Han complained the whole time. Funny to see them with sabers.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »

Something about individuals using weapons they aren't trained on bothers me. Not just in this picture but alot of new stuff like Rey, fin and even Aphra weilding one at one point.

Like whats the point in the 7 light saber forms if anyone can use it no problem. It makes the weapon less um I cant think of a word for what i mean but like comparing a German Messer or a rapier to a bat or club.

It makes it feel like the light saber is going from a professionals weapon to a peasants.
    Post edited by Troopper_FoFo on
  • New tv spot with more Lando.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Still another week to wait for my 3D Blu Ray of TLJ. Had to order from Zavvi (UK site). Shipment was delayed.
    I might be in the minority here, but I can't wait to watch this again at home with headphones on!
    **tom petty Waiting is the Hardest Part GIF**
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    New tv spot with more Lando.

I thought Donald sounded more like Lando in this TV spot. It seemed like he was trying to mimic his accent
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1543 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm going against my usual routine of poring over trailers and tv spots. I've only seen the major trailers for Solo and Avengers Infinity War, I think the newer TV spots will probably give too much away. (I think it helps that I haven't seen Hail Caesar with Alden, so I have no idea if I like the actor or not....but I'll soon find out.) I think he (and Solo) will be great. (But in no way am I not appreciating all the trailers posted here, that is always cool)
  • I'm going against my usual routine of poring over trailers and tv spots. I've only seen the major trailers for Solo and Avengers Infinity War, I think the newer TV spots will probably give too much away. (I think it helps that I haven't seen Hail Caesar with Alden, so I have no idea if I like the actor or not....but I'll soon find out.) I think he (and Solo) will be great. (But in no way am I not appreciating all the trailers posted here, that is always cool)

Yeah, i'm only sticking to the ones the official Star Wars channel is putting out. If I happen to run into one on TV, oh well.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I'm going against my usual routine of poring over trailers and tv spots. I've only seen the major trailers for Solo and Avengers Infinity War, I think the newer TV spots will probably give too much away. (I think it helps that I haven't seen Hail Caesar with Alden, so I have no idea if I like the actor or not....but I'll soon find out.) I think he (and Solo) will be great. (But in no way am I not appreciating all the trailers posted here, that is always cool)

Yeah, i'm only sticking to the ones the official Star Wars channel is putting out. If I happen to run into one on TV, oh well.

Nice. It can be annoying when people post youtube videos that say stuff like, "OFFICIAL Solo MOVIE TRAILER" and it ends up being fan-made. That gets old real quick. Even though some mashups can be quite funny, like this Avengers Retro Pardoy Trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=p3U__0deSGI
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    New tv spot with more Lando.

I thought Donald sounded more like Lando in this TV spot. It seemed like he was trying to mimic his accent

Yeah, if he can manage to nail that voice for even a portion of his scenes, he's nailed the role. Donald only continues to impress in the trailers.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • 3D blu ray arrived today....I'm excited now, gonna play as some Ewoks and watch this tonight in a super star wars extravaganza! Hooray! Zavvi is my new favorite site to order from for sure.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    3D blu ray arrived today....I'm excited now, gonna play as some Ewoks and watch this tonight in a super star wars extravaganza! Hooray! Zavvi is my new favorite site to order from for sure.

Nice! Did you enjoy playing Ewok hunt?
    3D blu ray arrived today....I'm excited now, gonna play as some Ewoks and watch this tonight in a super star wars extravaganza! Hooray! Zavvi is my new favorite site to order from for sure.

I did. I love new modes, everyone is still figuring out what to do. Level playing field. I was a Trooper first, stumbling around in the dark and got killed early on, then had a blast as an Ewok, even topping the leaderboard with 5 kills. Watching the shuttle land is pretty cool. The graphics are superb, new music, too, I think I heard the Imperial March.
    Got 10 kills for the 1000 credits (60k total now, personal level 40). I want those Weequay skins, they're 20k each.
    Last Jedi in 3D was great. Not very strong 3D conversion, but still my fave way to watch. I found myself laughing at the funny scenes, and not cringing, so that's good. How about you, are you liking Ewok Hunt?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

I did. I love new modes, everyone is still figuring out what to do. Level playing field. I was a Trooper first, stumbling around in the dark and got killed early on, then had a blast as an Ewok, even topping the leaderboard with 5 kills. Watching the shuttle land is pretty cool. The graphics are superb, new music, too, I think I heard the Imperial March.
    Got 10 kills for the 1000 credits (60k total now, personal level 40). I want those Weequay skins, they're 20k each.
    Last Jedi in 3D was great. Not very strong 3D conversion, but still my fave way to watch. I found myself laughing at the funny scenes, and not cringing, so that's good. How about you, are you liking Ewok Hunt?

Yeah Ewok hunt is a refreshing new game mode. It feels a little repetitive after playing multiple matches but it’s a fun mode.
  • I agree. Still fun. I got a kick out of killing 3 troopers with one Ewok (probably won't do that again) and Emoting. The ewok emotes are great. Tonight I want to try a kill by jumping from the trees and attacking from above, I want to get that elusive OHK. Hey, am I crazy or did I notice the new patch notes included "fixes to jumpack cargo" which seems odd since that mode is no longer available. Methinks it may return at some point.

Yeah Ewok hunt is a refreshing new game mode. It feels a little repetitive after playing multiple matches but it’s a fun mode.

I like how DICE has finally taken the hint and added a mode that isn't grounded by competitive play. It's nice to just have a mode about mindless fun.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

One word:

SUBVERSION.

It was a **** move on their part. There is a way to respectfully treat and send off the classic characters while also giving plenty of spotlight to the new characters. Colin (the original director for ep 9) wanted to do this. According to recent information, Colin demanded Luke be left alive for his movie because in his original plan, he wanted to send off luke the right way by allowing Luke to pass of the torch to the next generation while also respecting his character.
    It seems like Colin understood that there needed to be a happy medium between respecting the fandom while also giving plenty of room for new characters. He’s even mentioned something similar in a tweet about Jurassic world.

Yeah they really screwed this part up. IMO it's the heart of all the criticism of the ST. It makes the return of the original cast seem like just a big tease. And now with the unfortunate passing of Carrie Fisher, they are left with maybe Luke showing up as a force ghost in Episode 9.

This was such an easy thing for them to get right too. Give us a reunion of the cast in Episode 7, and then send them off with respect while passing the torch to the new cast. It's not just about the OT. Fans have been reading books and other material about these character since the Thrawn trilogy in the early 90's. This is something you have to try to screw up really lol, and Disney did it.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I must post 5 characters
    vng96zrxipt01.jpg
  • This was just announced

Can't say I'm very excited, but we'll see

I doubt it will hold a candle to this
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Yeah I’m not interested in this show at all. The fact that it’s about the worst faction in SW canon makes it even worse
  • Any theories as to what is going on in Mimban? Look like quite a larger military engagement, yet the Alliance isn't even in a real fighting psotion yet.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Any theories as to what is going on in Mimban? Look like quite a larger military engagement, yet the Alliance isn't even in a real fighting psotion yet.

Not a theory but that engagement scene looks amazing...
    I’m really hoping we get a lot cool empire scenes.
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Any theories as to what is going on in Mimban? Look like quite a larger military engagement, yet the Alliance isn't even in a real fighting psotion yet.
    Wouldn't be surprised if its some kind of insurgency or uprising. My knowledge on the EU (both current and Legends) is limited, but Lords of the Sith featured a relatively small cell that managed to drag in both Palpatine and Vader.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    The spin off movie we need

sn3anro1uuw01.jpg
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I like this to much

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    For anyone interested, the Solo Premiere is live right now.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

sn3anro1uuw01.jpg
    I’d buy that poster for a good 30 bucks lol
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

sn3anro1uuw01.jpg

Jokes aside I would KILL for grievous movies
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Mastahpeece
    2127 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Solo review with spoilers:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=&v=83Q2zKuhtTQ
    Boba who? Everyone knows that Maul would fit a movie about Han Solo's past much better
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Happy birthday to this master piece
    rord0z3e1djw.jpeg
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Who ever they put in charge of the comics I applaud them. Order 66 and look at his hand.

9p0vj0umo2w0.jpg
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    This comic artist really likes memes. Order 66 and look at his hand.

9p0vj0umo2w0.jpg
    aftdn2si2to5.jpeg
    @Troopper_FoFo
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    The Last Jedi has finally been sinned!
    Psn: Jello770
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    NEEDS MORE
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png