criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why didn't Poe meet Rey until...

lerodemmy
3334 posts Member
the end of The Last Jedi?
260d95f1a716fd325136bf6b1a2375a0.jpg
22f8c1080022a23e0bb9846600255d31.jpg

Poe is standing almost right next to Rey in two different scenes (and looking at her in one) near the end of The Force Awakens. She's just saved his friend's life and indirectly assisted Poe in the destruction of Starkiller Base. Not to mention, she's about to embark on a journey to make his mission have purpose.

Given the lack of pretty girls in the galaxy, I personally would have introduced myself to her a bit sooner.
21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
header.jpg?t=1547513853

Replies

• Yea kinda doesn't make sense. I'm guessing they have a child and Poe is found to be " force sensitive" thus starting another trilogy.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • I was the one who liked this btw i didnt rly read it
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    I was the one who liked this btw i didnt rly read it

You don't need to read it because you know I always have a good point.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Are you serious? I just got back from Burger King and I don't even know why Po didn't meet Rey. I'm going to focus on eating my Whopper.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because he was scared of her face

ao8nb67fpih7.png

That's a beautiful picture
  • Midichlorian
    1394 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Because different writers/directors and Ep8 was in production while 7 was.

Poe, most talented Resistance Pilot. Rey must have heard the name (well she did when Finn said "[this jacket] it belonged to Poe Dameron" to BB8 and Rey next to them). I am sure BB8 also talked about Poe while they were together for whatever amount of time. Could have been one day or several, depending how often Rey goes to Unkar (where she met Finn).

Did Poe hear about Rey? Rey helped get BB8 back to the Resistance before she was kidnapped on Takadona. Finn, Han, and BB8 on D'Qar would have mentioned "this girl named Rey [with no apparent force powers]". BB8 could have recorded some footage of Rey and BB8 was like "this scavenger named Rey was really nice to me, but I couldn't get any footage of her changing clothes since she never did, sorry bro". But after the Destruction of Starkiller base, Rey still wouldn't be particularly noteworthy, since nobody really saw her duel with Kylo, and in any case she could have lost, or they could have both died, or not dueled at all, and Starkiller Base would have still been destroyed.

But Poe believed Luke existed, so Poe knew who she was when Rey left to Ach-to. So it was definitely important to Poe that Rey was finishing was he started.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • DarthJ
    5407 posts Member
    I also got the impression girls werent his thing
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

hmmm....... ;)
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    the end of The Last Jedi?
    260d95f1a716fd325136bf6b1a2375a0.jpg
    22f8c1080022a23e0bb9846600255d31.jpg

Poe is standing almost right next to Rey in two different scenes (and looking at her in one) near the end of The Force Awakens. She's just saved his friend's life and indirectly assisted Poe in the destruction of Starkiller Base. Not to mention, she's about to embark on a journey to make his mission have purpose.

Given the lack of pretty girls in the galaxy, I personally would have introduced myself to her a bit sooner.

Poe doesn't like girls.

Yeah I think the OP has issues with subtext. Poe and Finn are clearly this century’s Maverick and Iceman.

edit: Wouldn’t have referred to @lerodemmy as ‘the OP’ if I’d noticed who posted it, just skim-read and thought you were a random. New avatar? :lol:
  • JAREDUP
    1369 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

hmmm....... ;)

I'm glad rose kissed finn, that got rid of that disgusting theory everyone came up with. Good riddance
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Ah, the "Daily Rey".
    That's some research there. I guess they were both preoccupied with their own agendas. Since she showed up after the battle, Poe probably had no idea who this girl in desert clothes was. She wasn't around very long so it's not too much of a stretch that they didn't formally meet until TLJ. He might've thought he was above the common folk as wing commander until he came to understand just how important, and powerful, she is.

hmmm....... ;)

I'm glad rose kissed finn, that got rid of that disgusting theory everyone came up with. Good riddance

Hahahahah it was great. This thread’s going to a bad place though I can see it coming.
  • She probably smells.

Think about it. Rey has been on hot desert planet her entire life with no showers or baths.
    Also she doesn't really seem to change her cloths that often.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Midichlorian
    1394 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    She probably smells.

Think about it. Rey has been on hot desert planet her entire life with no showers or baths.

I am sure Finn must have smelled the same thing, but he didn't care for some reason. You'd think he would since the First Order must have a high standard on cleanliness.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • She probably smells.

I don't agree with how you're saying it, but for some reason I have wondered what she did smell like, all things considered, when Rey and Finn and hugging each other for an extended time when reunited on Starkiller base. Rey's a lady, and ladies find a way to keep clean. She probably had a shower built into her AT-AT home on Jakku. Honestly, there's not enough time in a SW movie to keep track of someone's hygiene habits.
  • DaLou_4
    101 posts Member
    Poe seems to always be leading the battle while Rey is always across the galaxy wasting time.
  • DaLou_4
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Rey doesn’t need to train to use the force or bathe to smell good. She really is incredible.

16dcq50rcgyy.gif
  • CarapaceonMenace
    1752 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because he was scared of her face

ao8nb67fpih7.png

nrq3gnsee5rx.gif

woof....
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    Yea kinda doesn't make sense. I'm guessing they have a child and Poe is found to be " force sensitive" thus starting another trilogy.

Luke Skywalker planted a Force tree in Poe's moms garden (NOT what you think, literally in their garden), and its why Poe is such a good pilot. No, I'm not making this up, it was in a comic.
  • Actually, Poe probably had a thing going on with Tallie, and that's quite understandable.

Seeing that still with Leia....I never thought much about it, but it's like she's wearing her own version of a Han Solo outfit. That's not a skin I'll vouch for...
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    Actually, Poe probably had a thing going on with Tallie, and that's quite understandable.

Seeing that still with Leia....I never thought much about it, but it's like she's wearing her own version of a Han Solo outfit. That's not a skin I'll vouch for...

I thought Tallie was confirmed to be a lesbian?
  • He's a good looking flyboy, he can get pretty girls. That's why.

All maybe he's just into Twi'leks.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • He likes them Blue.

27wrprcn5j4h.jpg
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    He has definitely seen her before TLJ, just never had the time to properly introduce himself.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    this might be derailing, but i really like your signature @JAREDUP

for the greater good! :)
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • JAREDUP
    1369 posts Member
    @acc751 Awesome, another Tau fan, For the Greater Good!
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • This popped in my head and I remembered this post...

Did you know... that it was in the original script late into production for TFA that BB-8 was supposed to accompany Rey and company to Ach-To? Writing and knowing what he had planned with Luke for TLJ, Rian Johnson asked JJ Abrams for R2 to go instead, knowing that R2 would be a catalyst to change Luke's mind about teaching Rey.

You might ask "why in the world would BB-8 go on this trip when he belongs to Poe?" BB-8 served his purpose as the carrier of "the map to Skywalker" and returned to his master. The bond between pilot and astromech (like Luke and R2) can be very strong, as demonstrated by Poe and BB'8's interactions in both movies. It only makes sense that R2 would come along because he would want to see Luke again.

So to return to the question, if Rey and Poe had not met by that point based on the original script idea, then a meeting would certainly be implied that it had happened. Other than that I stick to the comments I made earlier.

hmmm....... ;)

Rose sexually assaulted him! He did not give consent. Disney supports sexual assault. Only kidding but.......
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

hmmm....... ;)

Rose sexually assaulted him! He did not give consent. Disney supports sexual assault. Only kidding but.......

If Rose was planning of killing her self to save Finn, she should have just done what Finn was planning to do.
    Psn: Jello770
  • I know RJ started writing TLJ while TFA was being filmed but if you don't wrap around to make sure your story lines up with the final product of the film you're following, that's just unprofessional and lazy on the part of RJ, JJ, the producers, and the Lucasfilm story group.

But then again, in all of his time in the Resistance, Poe, who was a Commander, didn't even know what Vice Admiral Holdo looked like let alone never met her. OK.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1481 posts Member
    Sure, he saw Rey but maybe he didn’t work up the courage (or was too busy worrying about Finn, the battles, etc) to talk with her until TLJ. He was just trying to be smooth with her on the Falcon by formally introducing himself