criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Would you want a Guard Class reinforcement?

Been thinking about possible new classes lately and we did a video on our YouTube channel on this -what would you guys think of a Guard Class as a new reinforcement? My thought it that this class would be in the same section/vein as the Enforcer and Arial.
The Guard Class could consist of:
Separatist: Magnaguard
Republic: Jedi Temple Guard
Empire: Royal Guards
Rebels: Bespin Security Guard
First Order: Praetorian Guards
Resistance: Leia’s Guard (Takodana)

any better ideas for Guards that could be in the game?

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I think the Republic should have Clone Commandos, as the temple guards were only really present at the Jedi temples
    Psn: Jello770
  • JMaster
    2249 posts Member
    Yup.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96045/the-protectors-a-reinforcement-class/p1
    I would be humbled to play as a Royal Guard protecting my Emperor, or cutting down Jedi scum alongside General Grievous. Different variants would be nice to see, like some of the Praetorian Guards each having a different helmet and weapon, or the Shadow Guards as Royal Guard variants.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's a real stretch, given the fact that their species in the known galaxy is near extinction, but maybe you could replace the Bespin Security Guards with the Lasat Honor Guards? The BO-Rifle model could probably be transferred over from the first game.
    image_bd5321b0.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1080&width=768

But, given DICE's track record, I think the Honor Guard would take both the Rebel and Resistance slots.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I am good with a guard class. Need me a Praetorian guard.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    It's a real stretch, given the fact that their species in the known galaxy is near extinction, but maybe you could replace the Bespin Security Guards with the Lasat Honor Guards? The BO-Rifle model could probably be transferred over from the first game.

But, given DICE's track record, I think the Honor Guard would take both the Rebel and Resistance slots.

Could you fill me in on what the Lasaat would be doing on Bespin?
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    There's quite a lot of ideas flying around (or, there were a little while ago) for melee based reinforcements. Magnaguard, Imperial Royal Guards and Elite Praetorian Guards are the main choices for the Dark Side factions. Jedi Knights are a popular choice for the Republic, as are Senate Guards. The OT and ST Light Side factions don't have as many options from the movies unfortunately, I guess honour guards or something.

Ah, I didn't post when I was supposed to. Oh well.
    Jello770 wrote: »

I don't think he meant specifically on Bespin, that was just the general Rebellion variant (which leads to the question, why are they on Endor or Death Star II, or any OT planet other than Bespin?).

OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    There's quite a lot of ideas flying around (or, there were a little while ago) for melee based reinforcements. Magnaguard, Imperial Royal Guards and Elite Praetorian Guards are the main choices for the Dark Side factions. Jedi Knights are a popular choice for the Republic, as are Senate Guards. The OT and ST Light Side factions don't have as many options from the movies unfortunately, I guess honour guards or something.

Ah, I didn't post when I was supposed to. Oh well.
    Jello770 wrote: »

I don't think he meant specifically on Bespin, that was just the general Rebellion variant (which leads to the question, why are they on Endor or Death Star II, or any OT planet other than Bespin?).

Oh I see thanks
  • Just change temple guard to the senate guard/commando and maybe something else for rebellion, not sure though. Really want a guard reinforcement. Loved playing royal guards in the last game and praetorians would be awesome
  • ross42899
    1515 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes we need a guard class. Please bring on the Royal Guards, Magna Guards, Praetorian Guards, etc.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    I think the Republic should have Clone Commandos, as the temple guards were only really present at the Jedi temples

Oh -we didn’t forget the Republic Commandos. heheh. That’s an entirely new class we would want to see implemented. The Commando Class reinforcement.
  • I'd prefer more variety for the existing light side heavy enforcer before a new class is added.

A Wookiee Warrior for all 3 era's is lazy and has become tedious.
  • Yeah. Wookie classes get boring indeed