criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get skins for vehicles?

Jonnyrankin
117 posts Member
edited April 2018
Since we have soldier and hero customisation, could it be possible to have skins for vehicles?

For instance: The Vulture Droid and AAT are missing their Confederacy markings.

fat54ha0vpo9.jpeg
ez1ahvyrnpeq.jpeg

Could we please have skins for vehicles too?
Post edited by Jonnyrankin on

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Absolutely, I’ve bought every skin that was released with the new update, but haven’t been able to flaunt them as I’m leveling my star ships in SA. Vehicle customization would be so cool to see.
    Psn: Jello770
  • And maybe this for the N-1: 9s67m7imht19.jpeg
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    I would be all over this!
  • I'd spend real $ for vehicle skins.
  • They said it was something but they were interested in doing, so hopefully we can see it in the future. Come on Dice, be like Anakin and
    1p6zw8.jpg
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Could be cool. Although I feel like the blue AAT markings would be exclusive to maps where those kind of tanks were used (I guess any proper CW maps? Cristophsis, etc).
    Starfighter ones definitely would be cool. I'm pretty sure there's a yellow Mining Company TIE fighter from Rebels, the different squadrons of X-wings, A-wings and Y-wings. I was going to suggest having the V-19 Torrent Starfighter as an alternate skin for the ARC, but it's definitely the wrong shape, maybe better for an alternate fighter on CW maps?
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Camo ATST.
    Speeder Bike with Flames.
    Various hero side character skins for star fighters - like the green A-Wing.

...Madmax landspeeder on Tatootine?
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    I've been thinking this from day 1! I would pay real dollars in an instant for some starfighter skins. With all the of the canon squadrons and callsigns, there is no end to what this could look like.
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    Adding the B-wing would also crerate another opportunity for skin options.

rkgam5arielc.jpg
    i0wrkgozbdql.jpg

B-Wings are my favorite ship in the Star Wars universe. I makes me sad that it's not in the game.
  • Jonnyrankin
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Adding the B-wing would also crerate another opportunity for skin options.

rkgam5arielc.jpg
    i0wrkgozbdql.jpg

And let's not forget the TIE Defender. I'd love having this in the game. Especially now it's considered Canon.

zwpbki22n2uq.png

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It would be funny to have IRL car decals on the Landspeeders, like flames, go-faster stripes and teeth. It would also be hilarious if we could get essentially emotes for them - basically just those old novelty car horns - tooty toot toot toot tooty toooot toot toot.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • emotes for cars - horns!!!!
  • Perhaps Bandanged AT-RTs?
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Perhaps Bandanged AT-RTs?

Lololol
  • Jango Fett's Slave 1?

m9np0ff28e4w.jpeg
  • I would put more credits into skins for Starfighters than I would troopers if the option were available. I'm definitely all for the idea.
  • Anoh
    8385 posts Member
    HeII yeah them CIS skins!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Spiito
    2286 posts Member
    Yes, please.
    vBOsyT1.png
  • Skowsa
    328 posts Member
    One down side is that they wouldn’t be as visible as trooper skins are. Battles tend to be at larger distances in starfighters and so you couldn’t show off your dangly dice in the rear view mirror to others as easily.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • I would love to get different squadron colors and markings for all my starfighters, and I’d really love to have some epic rarity custom artwork starfighter skins
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Skowsa wrote: »
    One down side is that they wouldn’t be as visible as trooper skins are. Battles tend to be at larger distances in starfighters and so you couldn’t show off your dangly dice in the rear view mirror to others as easily.

Maybe so, but adding vehicle skins would help add to the game. Especially for people who do want skins for vehicles.

• I'd like a blue squadron X-Wing and a TIE Fighter with a missing wing
  • Yes, and I’d def spend money for them
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Ventress, Bane, Thrawn, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Skowsa wrote: »

I don't know about that. I've gotten close enough to see a pair of truck nutz hanging off the back of a X-wing. Could have been a relative of Porkins.

dzphb7nqmk2g.png
    0k89m1d8205f.jpg
    Baron Valen Rudor's captured TIE. Sabine's Masterpiece. Too loud?
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Skowsa wrote: »

I don't know about that. I've gotten close enough to see a pair of truck nutz hanging off the back of a X-wing. Could have been a relative of Porkins.

dzphb7nqmk2g.png
    0k89m1d8205f.jpg

You wouldn’t last five seconds in that thing, everyone would be targeting you lol
  • Yes to vehicle skins! Don’t forget the 181st TIE Interceptor Squadron, the Empire’s most elite starfighter unit.

nkpi2a3c95jl.png

Plus the OT Rebels can be done in the colors of various squadrons. Gold, blue, etc.
  • hsf_
    1991 posts Member
    Perhaps Bandanged AT-RTs?

buddy-jesus.jpg
  • For anyone still skeptical about vehicle skins in the game take a look at this showing off CIS vehicles with the correct skins:

Woah, those look sick!
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • Jonnyrankin
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes to vehicle skins! Don’t forget the 181st TIE Interceptor Squadron, the Empire’s most elite starfighter unit.

nkpi2a3c95jl.png

Plus the OT Rebels can be done in the colors of various squadrons. Gold, blue, etc.

That i really like. It's just a shame the TIE Interceptor is nearly useless because of the blaster cannons overheating too quickly. :disappointed:
  • Spiito
    2286 posts Member
    OQSNMjh.gif

vBOsyT1.png
  • Seems like a pretty easy thing for them to do and add a little more to the game. I concur sir!

Agree with OP could be an extra way to monetize the game with lots of customization options.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Jello770 wrote: »

dzphb7nqmk2g.png
    0k89m1d8205f.jpg

You wouldn’t last five seconds in that thing, everyone would be targeting you lol

This isn't an ice cream social, this is Star Wars Battlefront II. >:) It's like using the Shock Trooper skin in SWBF I so using this starfighter is just another way to say "Come get some!"
    I'm really hoping SA and starfighters get some attention with the May release. New starfighters and the option to have vehicle skins would go along way in keeping my interest in this game active.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

dzphb7nqmk2g.png
    0k89m1d8205f.jpg

This isn't an ice cream social, this is Star Wars Battlefront II. >:) It's like using the Shock Trooper skin in SWBF I so using this starfighter is just another way to say "Come get some!"
    I'm really hoping SA and starfighters get some attention with the May release. New starfighters and the option to have vehicle skins would go along way in keeping my interest in this game active.

I concur
  • Bumping because I want, no, I need something, anything new for SA.

mm8tq1y3xat1.jpg
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Bumping because I want, no, I need something, anything new for SA.

mm8tq1y3xat1.jpg

That skin is just...wow...I want it dammit