criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

More counters to AT-STs necessary

I'm starting to get very annoyed with the AT-STs just like the last game. This armored vehicle is simply very difficult to counter if you don't have enough tools to counter it and without many players attacking it.

AATs are just as strong as AT-STs from the front due to its arsenal. The difference is how slower the AAT is with turning and moving compared to the AT-ST giving players time to attack the weak point and deal plenty of damage. Even AT-RTs can destroy them pretty quickly when they're struggling to survive. AT-STs are simply more mobile and can move faster making it harder to destroy them. I just don't feel a single player with an ion weapon can do enough damage to it. Ion torpedoes, ion turrets, ion attachments, barely do much damage to AT-STs. Even if it does get heavily damaged, it can quickly escape and recover its health making it harder to destroy when a player controlling an AT-ST is playing defensively.

Even ground speeders and AT-RTs can struggle to destroy them with how strong and mobile an AT-STs are. Either they need to buff the damage done with ion weapons for infantry and vehicles or possibly introduce new weapons that can counter them. The ion neutralizer can simply help against them as blasters do more damage to them compared to the last game. If they remain immobile for a few seconds, it gives players enough time to attack the weak point and such.

Case and point, AT-STs are an absolute nuisance to deal with and need more counters to destroy them more effectively. I mean the AT-RT can be easily countered as the driver is the weak point and the AAT's slower speed can be countered too so why can't something similar be applied to the AT-ST? I mean they got added to Takodana and I feel it's an awful way to help the First Order to get a move on with the first phase.

Replies

• Firstly @SonicJulesJGB, I watch your channel and I'm a big fan! Secondly, I agree. There's a few posts floating around with relatively the same idea. I've thrown out that either the Ion Torpedo do more damage, it could do more damage and add a "disabled" modifier which would be just like the Ion Cannons on the Y-Wings(disable abilities and slow movement), or introduce more anti-vehicle weaponry. The only real effective weapons against most vehicles are starfighters, and even then, pilots are typically preoccupied with other targets.
    Tag: Deadeye_Duncan51
    "Do, or do not. There is no try"
  • Thanks! I also forgot to mention lightsaber wielders should be able to damage AT-STs without getting severely damaged by touching them. That would be so satisfying.
    Firstly @SonicJulesJGB, I watch your channel and I'm a big fan! Secondly, I agree. There's a few posts floating around with relatively the same idea. I've thrown out that either the Ion Torpedo do more damage, it could do more damage and add a "disabled" modifier which would be just like the Ion Cannons on the Y-Wings(disable abilities and slow movement), or introduce more anti-vehicle weaponry. The only real effective weapons against most vehicles are starfighters, and even then, pilots are typically preoccupied with other targets.
  • You're very welcome! As for your second point, I would agree with that to a point. Heroes in themselves are awfully powerful, and if they're able to take out vehicles as well, I think that might be a bit unbalanced. At least lightsaber heroes anyway. Blaster heroes of course should have no issue damaging from a distance.
  • AT-ST's also cost 2500BP. The AT-RT is 1500. It makes sense that you would need at least 2 AT-RT's to take it out. Also, you can take an AT-ST out pretty quickly with 3 or 4 infantry who know what they're doing (heavy class with ion turret and ion attachment on gun). Or you could just spawn in a bomber or fighter and take it out pretty easily. If you're going to nerf the AT-ST (which I am NOT in favor of doing), you need to drop the BP requirement.
  • Yes but keep in mind not all maps have the AT-ST at 2,500 battle points as they’re cheaper on Tatooine and Jakku. Also bombers don’t appear on Tatooine, Endor, Jakku, and Takodana so the bomber option is out the window giving the Light Side one less option in dealing with them.
    Col_Burton wrote: »
    AT-ST's also cost 2500BP. The AT-RT is 1500. It makes sense that you would need at least 2 AT-RT's to take it out. Also, you can take an AT-ST out pretty quickly with 3 or 4 infantry who know what they're doing (heavy class with ion turret and ion attachment on gun). Or you could just spawn in a bomber or fighter and take it out pretty easily. If you're going to nerf the AT-ST (which I am NOT in favor of doing), you need to drop the BP requirement.

• Wouldn't mind seeing a class introduced (Engineer) that could set up AA/AV turrets (manned or AI controlled) and maybe some other kinds of traps, trip/proximity mines scaled for vehicles. I realize the Officer already fills a support role, but it's strictly for infantry, so a support class that can take on vehicles would be pretty sweet (not to mention other possible functions an Engineer class could perform).
  • Cool idea. Maybe a reinforcement. And yeah officers are to support against infantry. The Assaults and heavies are built more to attack vehicles.
    Wouldn't mind seeing a class introduced (Engineer) that could set up AA/AV turrets (manned or AI controlled) and maybe some other kinds of traps, trip/proximity mines scaled for vehicles. I realize the Officer already fills a support role, but it's strictly for infantry, so a support class that can take on vehicles would be pretty sweet (not to mention other possible functions an Engineer class could perform).
  • I agree that that would be a real cool idea. And that being the case, they could take away the passive turret heal for the officer and give that to the Engineer. And they could kind of do for vehicles what the officer does for infantry. Maybe have a short health boost or ability regen, etc. Basically make the engineer the vehicle version of the Officer, but at the same time, give it the ability to take them down a whole lot easier.
  • Firstly @SonicJulesJGB, I watch your channel and I'm a big fan! Secondly, I agree. There's a few posts floating around with relatively the same idea. I've thrown out that either the Ion Torpedo do more damage, it could do more damage and add a "disabled" modifier which would be just like the Ion Cannons on the Y-Wings(disable abilities and slow movement), or introduce more anti-vehicle weaponry. The only real effective weapons against most vehicles are starfighters, and even then, pilots are typically preoccupied with other targets.
    Ion torpedo damage is equivelent to a grenade... Just use the grenade, it is faster and blows up more stuff. Buff ion topedo and introduce heavy and light vehicles for each side. ATDP for clones, and other stuff.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    I'm starting to get very annoyed with the AT-STs just like the last game. This armored vehicle is simply very difficult to counter if you don't have enough tools to counter it and without many players attacking it.

AATs are just as strong as AT-STs from the front due to its arsenal. The difference is how slower the AAT is with turning and moving compared to the AT-ST giving players time to attack the weak point and deal plenty of damage. Even AT-RTs can destroy them pretty quickly when they're struggling to survive. AT-STs are simply more mobile and can move faster making it harder to destroy them. I just don't feel a single player with an ion weapon can do enough damage to it. Ion torpedoes, ion turrets, ion attachments, barely do much damage to AT-STs. Even if it does get heavily damaged, it can quickly escape and recover its health making it harder to destroy when a player controlling an AT-ST is playing defensively.

Even ground speeders and AT-RTs can struggle to destroy them with how strong and mobile an AT-STs are. Either they need to buff the damage done with ion weapons for infantry and vehicles or possibly introduce new weapons that can counter them. The ion neutralizer can simply help against them as blasters do more damage to them compared to the last game. If they remain immobile for a few seconds, it gives players enough time to attack the weak point and such.

Case and point, AT-STs are an absolute nuisance to deal with and need more counters to destroy them more effectively. I mean the AT-RT can be easily countered as the driver is the weak point and the AAT's slower speed can be countered too so why can't something similar be applied to the AT-ST? I mean they got added to Takodana and I feel it's an awful way to help the First Order to get a move on with the first phase.

Ugggh what? Did i miss a buff to this vehicle or something? Everytime I use vehicles i get melted quick, it's like not even powerful, no splash damage, nothing. To think that a big ol AT-AT would do some heavy damage, it doesn't, for some reason it's weaker than a speeder bike.
  • Not saying you are, but you may just not be playing it right. But even tonight on Yavin I was in an AT-ST, with only one lvl 1 card equipped, and it still took the enemy a good long time to take me down. I finally got taken down when about 5+ people were firing on me at one time. And even then I wasn't melted all that quickly. The card I had equipped wasn't even the health buff card.
  • mkite
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I kind of disagree, AT-STs are powerful in the right hands, but not overpowered. A concentrated attack can take them out quickly even from the front plus if you shoot at the back any class can take one down real quick. Also consider they cost 2500 battle points or so, hence meant to be as strong as an enforcer. I find it easier getting a 10-killstreak with an enforcer than with an AT-ST.
  • Yes but the AT-STs don't cost 2500 in every map such as Yavin IV and Tatooine. And I disagree how it's easier to deal with an aggressive team as an enforcer than an AT-ST given how much health it has.
    mkite wrote: »
    I kind of disagree, AT-STs are powerful in the right hands, but not overpowered. A concentrated attack can take them out quickly even from the front plus if you shoot at the back any class can take one down real quick. Also consider they cost 2500 battle points or so, hence meant to be as strong as an enforcer. I find it easier getting a 10-killstreak with an enforcer than with an AT-ST.
  • Of course, I got a kill streak of 40 as an ATST on Hoth the other day... Didn't get out till the 2nd phase was over. Took out enforcers, 2 heroes, jump-troopers, normal troopers, etc. Was a little out of control, considering that if we had destructible terrain there would not be a hanger left to capture due to all the rockets, grenades, and lasers I shot... Plus, I got head shots with the rocket. Just saying. They also could not get behind me. However, the Ywing almost took me out in the first phase. So starfighters just need to be more supportive and take out ground vehicles.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Every match on Tatooine is just ruined by the AT-ST if you’re a Rebel. All it does is camp the spawn corridor and shoot at anything in sight. You never have the time to set down an Ion Turret, and even when you do, it will be immediatly destroyed by the walker.

The only way to take it out is to have half your team shoot at it from multiple spots, which in itself rarely happens, and if it happens you better hope there aren’t 2 AT-ST’s.

This is not just coming from someone who never uses it, since I’ve gone on 40+ killstreaks by just using the AT-ST on Tatooine. Any AT-RT that spawned I could just kill the driver in a couple of seconds. And if I began to take serious damage, I would just walk back a bit, repair and continue,

My suggestion: Stop it from regaining all its health. Have an amount that can be regained, like most heroes, but not back to a 100%. This makes it so you actually have to be a. It tactful when using it, since you need to watch out to not lose too much health.
  • Every match on Tatooine is just ruined by the AT-ST if you’re a Rebel. All it does is camp the spawn corridor and shoot at anything in sight. You never have the time to set down an Ion Turret, and even when you do, it will be immediatly destroyed by the walker.

The only way to take it out is to have half your team shoot at it from multiple spots, which in itself rarely happens, and if it happens you better hope there aren’t 2 AT-ST’s.

This is not just coming from someone who never uses it, since I’ve gone on 40+ killstreaks by just using the AT-ST on Tatooine. Any AT-RT that spawned I could just kill the driver in a couple of seconds. And if I began to take serious damage, I would just walk back a bit, repair and continue,

My suggestion: Stop it from regaining all its health. Have an amount that can be regained, like most heroes, but not back to a 100%. This makes it so you actually have to be a. It tactful when using it, since you need to watch out to not lose too much health.

I agree with you that at st are an issue but the only solution is to give an at rt a damage buff or health buff cause they are suppose to encounter a at st which makes no sense cause there smaller, less damage and there character gets damaged first then there vehicle health, the light side should get real tanks not chicken walkers or a car with a gun on it, there are rebel tanks that are canon
  • All vehicles in this game definitely needs to have a 2nd look...not just ATSTs.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • Honestly, we need two vehicle classes, heavy and light. Use the rogue one tank for light, and the ATST for heavy. ATRT is light, etc. It is described in my thread below.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • F3N15H1
    70 posts Member
    I don't know any rebel or resistance vehicles that counter the AT-ST but they could add the AT-AP to counter the AAT.
  • F3N15H1 wrote: »
    I don't know any rebel or resistance vehicles that counter the AT-ST but they could add the AT-AP to counter the AAT.

Yes the at-ap was used by the rebels so it's canon
  • Or a stolen ATST.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Or we could bring legends into canon with the AAC-1 for the Alliance. As far as I know, the T-2B is canon, if SW Commander is canon. Which I think it is. The Rebels have the AAT, Juggernaut, and AT-AP in that game also.
  • Or we could bring legends into canon with the AAC-1 for the Alliance. As far as I know, the T-2B is canon, if SW Commander is canon. Which I think it is. The Rebels have the AAT, Juggernaut, and AT-AP in that game also.

I mean... AAT might be a stretch, and incredibly annoying to see. We should have diversity among vehicles. Juggernaut would be op as armor. But I would greatly prefer whichever tank was in SWB2 2005.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Zinjo2017
    557 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    There are counters to the ATST. There is the Ion Torpedo launcher and the Ion Grenade which are somewhat effective against them, but rather useless as part of a battle kit. I use the launcher during Phase 1 on Hoth or Phase 2 & 3 of Outpost 9, but it costs me a card slot when I am fighting other troopers, so it is a hard choice. To use a weapon with limited power against a walker or have a more useful card against troopers. I agree, to make these weapons more worthwhile, they need to do more damage. This would make a trooper with them in hand a higher value target if you want your ATST to remain in the game longer.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg

• I mean... AAT might be a stretch, and incredibly annoying to see. We should have diversity among vehicles. Juggernaut would be op as armor. But I would greatly prefer whichever tank was in SWB2 2005.

I'm actually just pulling from the game. It's a mobile device game. You can look it up yourself if you want, but I played that game quite a bit for a while. But I agree that it would be annoying to see. The Alliance should have their own vehicles of course. Yeah, the SWB2 2005 game was the AAC-1. Well, I actually think it was the AAC-2, but that's semantics.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    There are counters to the ATST. There is the Ion Torpedo launcher and the Ion Grenade which are somewhat effective against them, but rather useless as part of a battle kit. I use the launcher during Phase 1 on Hoth or Phase 2 & 3 of Outpost 9, but it costs me a card slot when I am fighting other troopers, so it is a hard choice. To use a weapon with limited power against a walker or have a more useful card against troopers. I agree, to make these weapons more worthwhile, they need to do more damage. This would make a trooper with them in hand a higher value target if you want your ATST to remain in the game longer.

Ha ha, yeah, we know of those, we're really aiming for effective AT-ST counters. :-D I tend to use those too, and I tend to play the Heavy in an anti-vehicle role. But I really don't do a whole lot of damage to vehicles myself. Which, granted I shouldn't, but I think the Ion weapons should have a disabler effect like the Ion Cannons on the Y-Wing.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    The starfighters proton torpedo destroys at-st.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• The starfighters proton torpedo destroys at-st.

Ummmmm...of course they do. So do Ion Torpedoes, the DC-15, the Heavy's various sentries, other vehicles, heroes. Lots of things destroy AT-STs. But how many stages on the maps have starfighters to take them out? We all get that, we're asking for a bit more variety to take them down.

• HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Bruh.. have you not experience ion snipers ? Ion snipers debunks your entire argument kid
  • Yeah before they got nerfed.
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    Bruh.. have you not experience ion snipers ? Ion snipers debunks your entire argument kid

• HvV_pro wrote: »

Sure kid. I've absolutely experienced Ion snipers. I typically am an Ion sniper, and I can still barely do crap to vehicles. But thanks anyway "bruh".
  • HvV_pro wrote: »

Sure kid. I've absolutely experienced Ion snipers. I typically am an Ion sniper, and I can still barely do **** to vehicles. But thanks anyway "bruh".

Actually, the damage loss against troopers vs the damage gained on vehicles is horrendous. Ion attachments serve little purpose. Use explosive shot, you get increased damage to both. Pr use a really, really big rocket launcher. :smile:
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Zinjo2017
    557 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The purpose of an ION weapon is to damage vehicles and disrupt shields. They don't do enough damage to vehicles to be effective for troopers at the cost of a perfectly good card slot. BF1 had better ION weapons than BF2 does. They did more damage and if you had two or more on the same map, good bye ATST.
    Though there is an achillies heel on an ATST. The back of the turret (head). That is its weak spot, but with nerfed ION launchers, it doesn't do enough damage to make them worth while as they are now.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • zarra
    43 posts Member
    Absolutely right! AT-ST's are OP and unbalance the game because there are not any good counter-measures. Ion shot may be be somewhat effective, but AT-ST especially on CRAIT have few (if any) enemies behind them on that map to take them out.
    Zarra
  • zarra wrote: »
    Absolutely right! AT-ST's are OP and unbalance the game because there are not any good counter-measures. Ion shot may be be somewhat effective, but AT-ST especially on CRAIT have few (if any) enemies behind them on that map to take them out.

Actually, crait is better in the open due to skispeeders and all of the snipers looking for an easy target. Takes 5 seconds due to no cover. Other maps, tends to be only a few troops against it.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Yeah ski speeders can definitely counter them. That all changes during the second phase when the AT-STs constantly come to wreck the Resistance.
    zarra wrote: »

Actually, crait is better in the open due to skispeeders and all of the snipers looking for an easy target. Takes 5 seconds due to no cover. Other maps, tends to be only a few troops against it.
  • Actually, the damage loss against troopers vs the damage gained on vehicles is horrendous. Ion attachments serve little purpose. Use explosive shot, you get increased damage to both. Pr use a really, really big rocket launcher. :smile:

Actually, I've become a very very big fan of the disruptor shot on the NT-242. Especially because it does splash damage. And while not significant, it can still once in a while get an unexpected kill or annoy the crap out of people. Not to mention while playing the FO on Crait, I've become annoyingly good at taking out the Ski Speeders. It also one-shots turrets, so it works really well on other maps as well. And if the person that placed the turret is unlucky enough to be close, then I usually get a bonus kill as well. But I digress, other than the Ski Speeders, it really is an ineffective weapon against larger vehicles. Even starfighters. While it does decent damage to them, they move too erratically for it to be effective.

Did they finally buff the damage for the Aerial's rocket launcher? Or is that still wishful thinking?
  • Recently I noticed just how strong it is against vehicles. So satisfying to use. And no the rocket launcher still hasn't been buffed. I wish they would.
    Actually, the damage loss against troopers vs the damage gained on vehicles is horrendous. Ion attachments serve little purpose. Use explosive shot, you get increased damage to both. Pr use a really, really big rocket launcher. :smile:

Actually, I've become a very very big fan of the disruptor shot on the NT-242. Especially because it does splash damage. And while not significant, it can still once in a while get an unexpected kill or annoy the **** out of people. Not to mention while playing the FO on Crait, I've become annoyingly good at taking out the Ski Speeders. It also one-shots turrets, so it works really well on other maps as well. And if the person that placed the turret is unlucky enough to be close, then I usually get a bonus kill as well. But I digress, other than the Ski Speeders, it really is an ineffective weapon against larger vehicles. Even starfighters. While it does decent damage to them, they move too erratically for it to be effective.

Did they finally buff the damage for the Aerial's rocket launcher? Or is that still wishful thinking?

• We simply need a true Anti-Vehicles/starfighter classe trooper, wee need Anti Air and anti tank weaponery.

that Ion turret isn't enough, the ion rocket needs to be damage buffed, the effect on vehicles ground and air of the blasters' Ion mods have to be buffed.
  • IMO the Rebellion/Resistance need increased health or improved armor to make AT-RT more competitive. Even under attack by multiple AT-RTs as my maxed Star Card AT-ST, I just laugh, shoot the pilots in the head (killing the AT-RT in a few seconds), the continue on my merry way slaughtering any and all ground troops.

The ONLY effective counter against the AT-ST is on open maps like Hoth where you can hop in a fighter and strafe them until they die. And that's only assuming the Empire has no aircraft of their own running interference.
  • The AT-ST is fine, and current counter measures are fine. If you have a decent team, you can melt them pretty fast. I got behind one tonight as a wookie warrior and literally single - handedly killed it in 15 seconds. Thermal detonator, and shooting behind it with overload and I took it out pretty easily.

A theme I've noticed with a lot of complaints is most people don't realize that there are countermeasures for everything in the game. People get frustrated that a single trooper can't relatively easily take out an AT-ST, but that would be ridiculous, lazy, and boring to design the game that way. If you're going to make vehicles that easy to kill, then at least make the vehicle play a little closer to something like Battlefield where you don't have to spend points to hop into vehicles, because in that scenario it wouldn't be worth it to spend 2500 battle points on something that will get killed in seconds.
  • RipperShark
    339 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by RipperShark on
  • CrazyAce wrote: »
    IMO the Rebellion/Resistance need increased health or improved armor to make AT-RT more competitive. Even under attack by multiple AT-RTs as my maxed Star Card AT-ST, I just laugh, shoot the pilots in the head (killing the AT-RT in a few seconds), the continue on my merry way slaughtering any and all ground troops.

The ONLY effective counter against the AT-ST is on open maps like Hoth where you can hop in a fighter and strafe them until they die. And that's only assuming the Empire has no aircraft of their own running interference.

So true. This is why we need heavy and light vehicles, so there is no unbalance with vehicles. And whats with getting ATST for the same bp as an ATRT?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • ReikouOne
    453 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This game was just ill conceived. The easiest thing to do is to make the specialist into an anti-vehicle class. But that will be too OP against the walkers, and they'll have to buff something else.

I would reduce the effective range of the blasters. When I use the ATST on crait, I stay outside of the blast doors and the resistance won't have a chance.
    PSN: CRAZYCHILD
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    ReikouOne wrote: »
    This game was just ill conceived. The easiest thing to do is to make the specialist into an anti-vehicle class. But that will be too OP against the walkers, and they'll have to buff something else.

I would reduce the effective range of the blasters. When I use the ATST on crait, I stay outside of the blast doors and the resistance won't have a chance.
    Hoth too. Seriously, the issue is ion that you cannot choose what abilities replace. Ion turret replacing shield? Never do it. Not beneficial enough. I would rather replace sentry. Or ion grenade replaces vanguard. You get the gist. Improvement cards go in the unit buff category with survivalist and resourceful.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

• So true. This is why we need heavy and light vehicles, so there is no unbalance with vehicles. And whats with getting ATST for the same bp as an ATRT?

That would actually be a cool little incentive for the Alliance, they have cheaper vehicle costs, and maybe give them a couple more. If they're not going to add anymore vehicles, then at least even the scales in the terms of vehicle strength for the sides. I.e. Empire gets 1 AT-ST on a map, Rebels get 2 AT-RTs. Or something of that nature. And those 2 together would cost the same amount as an AT-ST. Unless of course they already do this, at which point forget my statement. It's actually been quite a long while since I've played. I just really don't care about it anymore.

• The vehicles are fine and I don't think AT-STs are OP at all. They should be a fearsome opponent that requires teamwork to take down. And that is precisely what is lacking - teamwork. There's not enough incentive for the team to work together to take these things down. A couple of heavies attacking these things from the rear could melt them pretty quickly but it rarely happens.

The squad system of working together is virtually worthless as in my experience, the squad members all seem to run off in different directions, but if bonus points were awarded for taking down a walker to everyone attacking it, then people might be more incentivised to do so.
  • I would like to see a Droideka/Arc Trooper/Shock Trooper/Bothan Spy Anti-Armour class.

• So true. This is why we need heavy and light vehicles, so there is no unbalance with vehicles. And whats with getting ATST for the same bp as an ATRT?

That would actually be a cool little incentive for the Alliance, they have cheaper vehicle costs, and maybe give them a couple more. If they're not going to add anymore vehicles, then at least even the scales in the terms of vehicle strength for the sides. I.e. Empire gets 1 AT-ST on a map, Rebels get 2 AT-RTs. Or something of that nature. And those 2 together would cost the same amount as an AT-ST. Unless of course they already do this, at which point forget my statement. It's actually been quite a long while since I've played. I just really don't care about it anymore.

So true. This is why we need heavy and light vehicles, so there is no unbalance with vehicles. And whats with getting ATST for the same bp as an ATRT?

No, they cost the same and are in the same quantity.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • perducci
    44 posts Member
    qj8RZy.gif

AT-ST's
    AT-ST's
    AT-ST's
    AT-ST's

• Zinjo2017
    557 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    ATST's are formidable vehicles, especially when juiced up by star cards, which is why there needs to be buffed ION weapons to counter them so they are not a single vehicle game changer, or in most cases two vehicle game changer.
    I don't want them nerfed, they are excellent as they are, but something needs to be done to allow Rebel/Resistance troopers to counter them. An ATRT with an strong ION shot or ION shots and ION turrets that do similar damage as tey did in SWBF1. In that version, they were primary targets of vehicles if the driver wanted to stay alive for long.
    Perhaps the epic starcard for an ION Shot or ION Turret is a damage buff to counter ATST's with similar boosts. Right now all we get is a shorter recharge time for both, but without the damage buff, the shorter recharge doesn't do enough to be effective. Maybe this was done when they made the ion turret do more damage against troopers, but that isn't what is supposed to be for.
    The ION turret specifically should target vehicles, shields (including Heavy and Specialist shields) and droids. Then it has a purpose on the battlefield. It's effect on living troopers should be nerfed. After a certain phase in the battle these can be swapped out for other cards. Living troopers should be more concerned about the Officers turret than an Ion turret.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg