criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A280 small buff?

It's supposed to be an assault gun for use in cqc but is currently weakest at this range really. I would like to see a smaller delay between bursts to make it a bit more effective in close quarters.

Replies

• No it's not. I use it 90% of the time and I kill everything first unless it's a CR-2 Assault, Blurrg Officer or shielded Heavy.

You do need to actually aim with the A280. It's not a spray-and-pray gun like the CR-2. It's a battle rifle, and you need to treat it like one. You need to make all your shots count... aim for the neck so the recoil makes the follow-up shots hit them in the head.
  • STMV_1
    18 posts Member
    CrazyAce wrote: »
    No it's not. I use it 90% of the time and I kill everything first unless it's a CR-2 Assault, Blurrg Officer or shielded Heavy.

You do need to actually aim with the A280. It's not a spray-and-pray gun like the CR-2. It's a battle rifle, and you need to treat it like one. You need to make all your shots count... aim for the neck so the recoil makes the follow-up shots hit them in the head.

I agree, out of all 4 class weapons A-280 is most balanced and great all-around one IMO. But since its burst fire weapon, its also not the gun for everyone. I understand some folks just cant go well with burst fire.

If I were to buff the weapon I'd reduce recoil only when zoomed, but gun is in very fine shape without it.
  • CrazyAce wrote: »
    No it's not. I use it 90% of the time and I kill everything first unless it's a CR-2 Assault, Blurrg Officer or shielded Heavy.

Lol. I don't struggle using it, it's just not effective enough for an assault gun.
  • Suggest watching this video: