criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• I liked Jet Pack Cargo. (*ducks*) But not all of the time. And not on Bespin. Also not a fan of the Ewok Hunt mode.

My boys played cargo all the time, until they got into Extraction. Which I would like to see back. Could add it into the Strike rotation. Wonder how different it would be without heroes.
  • Would LOVE Extraction back.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I hope I’m wrong but the popularity of Ewok Hunt has probably hurt our chances of getting the old modes back, I suspect we’ll get a conquest hybrid mode and more Hunt modes now....as I said I hope I’m very wrong....
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I hope I’m wrong but the popularity of Ewok Hunt has probably hurt our chances of getting the old modes back, I suspect we’ll get a conquest hybrid mode and more Hunt modes now....as I said I hope I’m very wrong....

I hope this isn't true.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Casscaden wrote: »
    That’s a lot of game for 5 bucks.

Yes it is, u and b should get on more.
    I hope I’m wrong but the popularity of Ewok Hunt has probably hurt our chances of getting the old modes back, I suspect we’ll get a conquest hybrid mode and more Hunt modes now....as I said I hope I’m very wrong....

That says it all imo, the fact people like Ewok Hunt over dz/cargo modes, it’s just a different demographic that plays this game. Heroes and skins are the top prioritys, then a mode like EW, wow, to each his own I guess, lame imo.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Casscaden wrote: »

That says it all imo, the fact people like Ewok Hunt over dz/cargo modes, it’s just a different demographic that plays this game. Heroes and skins are the top prioritys, then a mode like EW, wow, to each his own I guess, lame imo.

Yes lame, lame sauce.
  • Clearly many people want cargo along with other game modes...

Sucks if that’s true... the Ewok hunt demographic is less about good shooting games and competitive play and more about random Star Wars fun with shooting elements.

Maybe it’s because I grew up loving Star Wars and also playing Counter Strike obsessively/competitively on PC for years.... but this was the whole reason I got BF2015 (after years of not playing any games) because I liked the competitive aspect of matches with the SW theme. That’s also why I prefer the smaller team based matches rather than giant battlefields and getting run over by at ATAT randomly, lol. I mean GA is fun in its own way, but nothing like Strike/Cargo/Dropzone
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Clearly many people want cargo along with other game modes...

Sucks if that’s true... the Ewok hunt demographic is less about good shooting games and competitive play and more about random Star Wars fun with shooting elements.

Maybe it’s because I grew up loving Star Wars and also playing Counter Strike obsessively/competitively on PC for years.... but this was the whole reason I got BF2015 (after years of not playing any games) because I liked the competitive aspect of matches with the SW theme. That’s also why I prefer the smaller team based matches rather than giant battlefields and getting run over by at ATAT randomly, lol. I mean GA is fun in its own way, but nothing like Strike/Cargo/Dropzone

Like you I hadn't played games for quite some time and BF2015 came out and I got it after seeing how good it was for the small competitive game modes.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

Like you I hadn't played games for quite some time and BF2015 came out and I got it after seeing how good it was for the small competitive game modes.

Yeah, It’s quite enjoyable.... been playing Cargo for the last hour or so since BF2 is down. All the rocket packs are a little absurd though, haha.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »

Yeah, It’s quite enjoyable.... been playing Cargo for the last hour or so since BF2 is down. All the rocket packs are a little absurd though, haha.

I played cargo for an hour or so today too and it was great!
  • Docb
    57 posts Member
    I also went back to 2015 cargo due to the servers, loved it. will stay on there now i think, until we get some decent updates on current game, or population drops off on 2015

I had forgot how annoying the exploding shot spam was though.
  • Give us Cargo and Extraction!!! No more Hunt mode. Ewok hunt is for children.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Give us Cargo and Extraction!!! No more Hunt mode. Ewok hunt is for children.

Given its popularity I think the ewok Hunt is here to stay, but yes bring back those two modes you mentioned please!
  • Give us Cargo and Extraction!!! No more Hunt mode. Ewok hunt is for children.

ngl I like Hunt and hope they expand it, but Cargo and Extraction were my jam.
  • Dash
    11045 posts Member
    Give us Cargo and Extraction!!! No more Hunt mode. Ewok hunt is for children.

ngl I like Hunt and hope they expand it, but Cargo and Extraction were my jam.

Hunt as a Mode, “Will be Expanded Upon”l6d34rs5esot.gif
    :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• BucksawBoushh
    2140 posts Member
    edited April 26
    1. Expand on Hunt with other creatures (Wampa, Tusken Raider, Rancor etc.)

2. Bring back Cargo and Extraction

3. Replace HVV with HVV from BF15 or give the hero players a new hero based mode

4. Add a large scale, objective based infantry mode (i.e. Turning Point or Supremacy)

I think if they capped the game modes at that then the Community would be pretty happy and there would be something for most of us. But then again, that could be getting up there in terms of the number of modes and we risk diluting the player base.

Somebody also posted their idea of putting all the small infantry modes into one playlist. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, with the playlist being a huge negative in the first game, but I would play it. Strike, Blast, Cargo and Extraction in rotation would keep me pretty content.

Thoughts?
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    1. Expand on Hunt with other creatures (Wampa, Tusken Raider, Rancor etc.)

2. Bring back Cargo and Extraction

3. Replace HVV with HVV from BF15 or give the hero players a new hero based mode

4. Add a large scale, objective based infantry mode (i.e. Turning Point or Supremacy)

I think if they capped the game modes at that then the Community would be pretty happy and there would be something for most of us. But then again, that could be getting up there in terms of the number of modes and we risk diluting the player base.

Somebody also posted their idea of putting all the small infantry modes into one playlist. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, with the playlist being a huge negative in the first game, but I would play it. Strike, Blast, Cargo and Extraction in rotation would keep me pretty content.

Thoughts?

1: cool and possible with popularity of the ewok hunt
    2: Even cooler, special emphasis on Original Cargo. Sadly we've still got no feedback from the devs. :neutral:
    3: The devs have or are considering this from what I've read in the forum.
    4: The devs are in the works for something like this, but we've known that for a while.

Honestly if I had to reorder these according to Dev priority I would put 4>3>1>>>>>>>2.

#MakeOriginalCargoGreatAgainWithBF2017!
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited April 27
    This is interesting....extraction on Bespin? ....watch the whole vid.....skip to 3.20 if you don’t have time for the whole video.

• d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    This is interesting....extraction on Bespin? ....watch the whole vid.....skip to 3.20 if you don’t have time for the whole video.

What?!!! Did I hear extraction? I really hope it's true, because it'd be a step in the right direction.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

What?!!! Did I hear extraction? I really hope it's true, because it'd be a step in the right direction.
    Data mined which means not a lot I suppose but it’s encouraging:-)
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Very encouraging indeed.
  • Interesting... hopefully they release more small modes soon. I’m going to take a break from playing for a while until I hear about some new modes or if the next season is good.

Funny I played Strike a bunch today.... I can never understand why there is no time limit for overtime in this mode. My team was dominating in Maz’s Castle, but then the other team just hung out on the very top floor in the small room with 2 flametroopers with the obvious goal of just holding their ground in the tiny room instead of trying to bring the package to the ship. Unfortunately this is not the point, so it dragged on forever. Luckily I took them out eventually with a Wookie and some fellow teammates, but I don’t understand people’s logic in doing that.

Anyway, have a good one... hopefully actual Cargo is back sometime in 2018!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Interesting... hopefully they release more small modes soon. I’m going to take a break from playing for a while until I hear about some new modes or if the next season is good.

Funny I played Strike a bunch today.... I can never understand why there is no time limit for overtime in this mode. My team was dominating in Maz’s Castle, but then the other team just hung out on the very top floor in the small room with 2 flametroopers with the obvious goal of just holding their ground in the tiny room instead of trying to bring the package to the ship. Unfortunately this is not the point, so it dragged on forever. Luckily I took them out eventually with a Wookie and some fellow teammates, but I don’t understand people’s logic in doing that.

Anyway, have a good one... hopefully actual Cargo is back sometime in 2018!

I think they were doing that to get more credits, and it is completely lame.

But yes, #MakeOriginalCargoGreatAgainWithBF2017!
  • If we’re getting Extraction that’s a pretty solid start. I’m getting really bored of the linearity of the current modes.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    If we’re getting Extraction that’s a pretty solid start. I’m getting really bored of the linearity of the current modes.

Same
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited April 28
    BF updates has strengthened the extraction rumour in his latest vid, really hope it’s coming ....could be true as Early Access is a known leaker and also cryptically leaked JP cargo, Bespin map and Ewok Hunt..

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator

It is possible to like them both.
    I'd love for the old Cargo to make it into this game
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11045 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    How about we get Cargo - right after Extraction, Conquest and Battle Royal Ewok Addition?
    If I were a betting man (Which I am :wink: ), I’d say we get Extraction first out of all the smaller modes.

We’ll also be getting that Hybrid Conquest Mode as well. I’m looking forward to experiencing it with you all.

I quoted myself from a comment I made 4 days ago here. I am also saying again, since November, i've said we'd get Extraction. And now we have this:

Guys, LISTEN to me lol!

May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

#DroppinHintBombsSinceLaunch :wink: :sunglasses:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I hope extraction doesn’t make it in before Cargo. Hated that mode, especially the hero players that kicked back and racked up kills instead of PTO. Terrible.

Bring back the balance and skill of Cargo!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash
    11045 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I hope extraction doesn’t make it in before Cargo. Hated that mode, especially the hero players that kicked back and racked up kills instead of PTO. Terrible.

Original Cargo was Fantastic. I loved that and Drop Zone more than anything.

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• WodiQuix
    4100 posts Member
    I played Cargo last night and was loving it! Had a lot of good pulse racing games with my trusty RT-97C. We were up against some pretty formidable opposition, so we won some and lost some (mostly lost, but whatever :) )
  • @SAmulticore Just here to support your cause man good luck!
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • Dash
    11045 posts Member
    @SAmulticore Just here to support your cause man good luck!

#SupportSam
    #SupportSuperiorOriginalGameModes

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I played bf15 Cargo last night coz Bf17 matches so laggy since patch ...but they are just full of bacta guards and explosive shot KD cowboys....no skill in it at all so it needs careful though otherwise it might be a disappointment Personally for me DZ before Cargo...better for solo players
  • rollind24
    4696 posts Member
    If we’re getting Extraction that’s a pretty solid start. I’m getting really bored of the linearity of the current modes.

Agree. Ultimately I think I’d love to see Cargo return but if some solid infantry play not cargo is introduced it would only improve the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1262 posts Member
    edited April 28
    I played bf15 Cargo last night coz Bf17 matches so laggy since patch ...but they are just full of bacta guards and explosive shot KD cowboys....no skill in it at all so it needs careful though otherwise it might be a disappointment Personally for me DZ before Cargo...better for solo players

Bacta bomb isn't that much different than health boosts like battle command and toughen up, so I don't know why people hated on that so much, but not the star cards for BF2?

I think all of Bf2015 was super arcade-y in general because everyone had rocket packs, so if they eliminate the rocket packs like they did with BF2 it would be even better.

Most importantly, we need two cargo zones like capture the flag of course... not sure how/why DICE didn't understand that with "jetpack cargo. " And we should just have the normal trooper classes used in Strike/Blast-reinforcements either way.
  • MWB33
    1330 posts Member
    I played bf15 Cargo last night coz Bf17 matches so laggy since patch ...but they are just full of bacta guards and explosive shot KD cowboys....no skill in it at all so it needs careful though otherwise it might be a disappointment Personally for me DZ before Cargo...better for solo players

Bacta bomb isn't that much different than health boosts like battle command and toughen up, so I don't know why people hated on that so much, but not the star cards for BF2?

I think all of Bf2015 was super arcade-y in general because everyone had rocket packs, so if they eliminate the rocket packs like they did with BF2 it would be even better.

Most importantly, we need two cargo zones like capture the flag of course... not sure how/why DICE didn't understand that with "jetpack cargo. " And we should just have the normal trooper classes used in Strike/Blast-reinforcements either way.

The problem wasn't the bacta bomb. The problem was pairing the bacta bomb with bodyguard, and the further pairing with adrenaline stim, and/or medical droid. It created a meta that became virtually impossible to kill. People (myself included) hated on this situation...

Person equips jump pack, bacta bomb, adrenaline stim, & bodyguard. Said person gets to L3 trait of 50% damage reduction, throws bacta, and now effectively has 260 health. When non-bactaguards have only 130.

They wait until bacta recharges then run into the action. Get a bunch of kills, take damage, get down to 40 or so health, throw bacta, & boom...right back to 260. Continue fighting, take more damage, then jump pack & hit the stim back to 200 health. Those people became almost unkillable. That was what initially spawned the hate.

Combine that scenario with what happened next...people figured out that by running that combo Cargo's 15 minute time limit, they could potentially get 50-70 kills with 2 or fewer deaths. The result = the bacta/stim/guards infested Cargo. They'd grab the Cargo and then just carry it around, forcing everyone to come to them. 90% of the time they'd never even attempt to deliver it. Their only goal was to show how they went 65-2 in a match. That is what escalated the hate...the abuse and wrecking other people's enjoyment.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33
    1330 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Don’t let this distract you from the idea this thread is for Cargo returning. Not about Bacta in Cargo because it doesn’t even exist in this game. It’s like saying I don’t want Cargo in this game because Escape Artist was annoying to use in the mode

Exactly.

With the new class layout, that nonsense wouldn't be possible. I'm completely intrigued by the idea of using the new class system with original cargo.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »

The problem wasn't the bacta bomb. The problem was pairing the bacta bomb with bodyguard, and the further pairing with adrenaline stim, and/or medical droid. It created a meta that became virtually impossible to kill. People (myself included) hated on this situation...

Person equips jump pack, bacta bomb, adrenaline stim, & bodyguard. Said person gets to L3 trait of 50% damage reduction, throws bacta, and now effectively has 260 health. When non-bactaguards have only 130.

They wait until bacta recharges then run into the action. Get a bunch of kills, take damage, get down to 40 or so health, throw bacta, & boom...right back to 260. Continue fighting, take more damage, then jump pack & hit the stim back to 200 health. Those people became almost unkillable. That was what initially spawned the hate.

Combine that scenario with what happened next...people figured out that by running that combo Cargo's 15 minute time limit, they could potentially get 50-70 kills with 2 or fewer deaths. The result = the bacta/stim/guards infested Cargo. They'd grab the Cargo and then just carry it around, forcing everyone to come to them. 90% of the time they'd never even attempt to deliver it. Their only goal was to show how they went 65-2 in a match. That is what escalated the hate...the abuse and wrecking other people's enjoyment.

Oh ok.... Honestly didn't even know or realize that when I played. I still did pretty good too, and didn't do any of that stuff, but that explains a lot now that you broke it out. Anyway, good thing the new class system is set up the way it is. Here's to hoping they bring back original cargo, or at least fix (aka make drastic changes) to what they released as jet pack cargo.
  • I played bf15 Cargo last night coz Bf17 matches so laggy since patch ...but they are just full of bacta guards and explosive shot KD cowboys....no skill in it at all so it needs careful though otherwise it might be a disappointment Personally for me DZ before Cargo...better for solo players

I also think dz is better to Cargo. I want both and will be glad to have either, but would much rather dz if I had to choose. Either one is a move in the right direction.
  • DDS Kniphtee - Extraction on May The 4th Be With You! - no problem.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I hope extraction doesn’t make it in before Cargo. Hated that mode, especially the hero players that kicked back and racked up kills instead of PTO. Terrible.

Completely agree re: the heroes. I also prefer how cargo requires teams to play both offense and defense.

Maybe we get some news soon. Hoping for dropzone but would gladly take cargo if it stays original infantry.
  • More love for infantry.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Don’t let this distract you from the idea this thread is for Cargo returning. Not about Bacta in Cargo because it doesn’t even exist in this game. It’s like saying I don’t want Cargo in this game because Escape Artist was annoying to use in the mode

I want original cargo back so much! Really want to use the class system in original Cargo!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Oh but extraction on bespin is gonna be fun!!! But yes bring back original cargo, make this game 10x better!