criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!

Keep pushing your views if you believe in them. we need cargo. only you can prevent forest fires.
  • Dash
    11739 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!

Keep pushing your views if you believe in them. we need cargo. only you can prevent forest fires.

I hate Rose. Steve you meanie lol :lol::cry:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    i do too. she was totally unecessary in the movie and just there for a love fling with Finn. but i thought it fit here. and well who doesnt want to stop forest fires?
  • Dash
    11739 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i do too. she was totally unecessary in the movie and just there for a love fling with Finn. but i thought it fit here. and well who doesnt want to stop forest fires?

I hate Forest Fires! :rage:

I always think of the Scene from Bambi :cry:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

I don't think she was unnecessary (great to have diversity in the cast also), but their trip to Canto Bight was dragged out way too long. I liked the sketchy "codebreaker" they found, and I liked the idea of showing rich, corrupt people selling weapons to resistance and first order alike.

But why did there have to be a big chase scene just to get off the planet? And they were jailed because they landed their ship illegally on the beach? Seems like a steep price to pay instead of your standard towed vehicle or parking ticket.
  • Dash
    11739 posts Member

I don't think she was unnecessary (great to have diversity in the cast also), but their trip to Canto **** was dragged out way too long. I liked the sketchy "codebreaker" they found, and I liked the idea of showing rich, corrupt people selling weapons to resistance and first order alike.

But why did there have to be a big chase scene just to get off the planet? And they were jailed because they landed their ship illegally on the beach? Seems like a steep price to pay instead of your standard towed vehicle or parking ticket.

I hate Rose like Anakin Despises Sand.

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No acknowledgementd and yet DICE representatives were falling overthemselves on this post- Hero Ships and double XP https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/109001/hero-ships-and-double-xp#latest
    Post edited by Old_fella_1963 on
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    No acknowledgementd and yet DICE representatives were falling overthemselves on this post- Hero Ships and double XP https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/109001/hero-ships-and-double-xp#latest

Yeah... I don’t get the total lack of acknowledgement of this huge thread, especially when the developers claimed fan feedback would be important in their game development process after MTX we’re stopped just before launch.

Not even a “thanks for your feedback” by anyone? That is simple customer service/friendly responding in a forum, and it does not guarantee anything either way. What’s so hard? If people dont feel listened to, we will doubt everything. The people want small competitive game modes like regular Cargo and Dropzone.

@F8RGE
    @EA_Tom
    @XXXO77O4906
    @T0TALfps

Do you hear us? This is like a huge email chain with NO response from the recipient. We don’t need any guranteees... just want to know you’re receiving the message. :smile:
  • Ppong_Man12
    3033 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Maybe the out of sight out of mind way of thinking. If they don’t see it or refuse to look it’s not really present and will be forgotten.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Maybe the out of sight out of mind way of thinking. If they don’t see it or refuse to look it’s not really present and will be forgotten.

Yeah, that's how some people deal with this kind of thing in everyday life when they don't want to talk about things, but it's not how a responsible company would or should.

After 12 PAGES you would think one of the official representatives of this game would at least acknowledge the thread and thank its customers for their feedback, which would require no assumption or promise of this actually happening.

• d0kRX
    1545 posts Member

Yeah, that's how some people deal with this kind of thing in everyday life when they don't want to talk about things, but it's not how a responsible company would or should.

After 12 PAGES you would think one of the official representatives of this game would at least acknowledge the thread and thank its customers for their feedback, which would require no assumption or promise of this actually happening.

Yeah, I agree with you on this, at least tell us that they’ve seen our thread and know of our desire for original cargo.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member
    Dezert wrote: »
    "Season" content does need to be beefed up.

Also, each month they could add BF2015 maps (plus modes Extraction, Droid Run and Cargo) since it's probably minimal labor (I'm guessing).

Maybe we'll get more than one map this month - plus a map selector. One map just isn't enough.

This is a quote from another thread, this player also believes in original cargo. I’d want it to be a permanent mode. And like this player says, would it really be that hard to add it it? I don’t know, but one would think it wouldn’t be.
  • BucksawBoushh
    6082 posts Member
    edited May 2018

I don't think she was unnecessary (great to have diversity in the cast also), but their trip to Canto **** was dragged out way too long. I liked the sketchy "codebreaker" they found, and I liked the idea of showing rich, corrupt people selling weapons to resistance and first order alike.

Worst scene in Star Wars history. Puke.

Fireplace scene in AOTC served more of a purpose than this one did.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

Hmm... not sure I would go that far. Anything with Hayden in AOTC saying any dialogue was still worse. Also somehow the prequels transformed a great actress, Natalie Potrtman, into a bad actress because of horrible screenplay and directing- and possibly just being around Hayden in general

Anyway, yeah... Cargo... let’s do it people! Even with May 4th bonuses, I spent the last week not playing BF2 at all. Still waiting for cargo... I even booted up Counter Strike on PC for some meaningful small team tactical action

• No acknowledgementd and yet DICE representatives were falling overthemselves on this post- Hero Ships and double XP https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/109001/hero-ships-and-double-xp#latest

Yeah... I don’t get the total lack of acknowledgement of this huge thread, especially when the developers claimed fan feedback would be important in their game development process after MTX we’re stopped just before launch.

Not even a “thanks for your feedback” by anyone? That is simple customer service/friendly responding in a forum, and it does not guarantee anything either way. What’s so hard? If people dont feel listened to, we will doubt everything. The people want small competitive game modes like regular Cargo and Dropzone.

@F8RGE
    @EA_Tom
    @XXXO77O4906
    @T0TALfps

Do you hear us? This is like a huge email chain with NO response from the recipient. We don’t need any guranteees... just want to know you’re receiving the message. :smile:

It’s amazing really, everyone on this thread was being polite, fairly optimistic and realistic. Offering compromises and solutions. After 12 pages with no acknowledgement we still are all those things, however resentment is starting to bleed in. I just cannot understand the communication fails that we have to endure. It’s this in a nutshell why the community often descends into shouting louder (and nastier) in order to be heard. 12 pages, over 500 comments? What does it take? Do they actually want us to become those ridiculous trolls before they say anything?
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • BucksawBoushh
    6082 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Hmm... not sure I would go that far. Anything with Hayden in AOTC saying any dialogue was still worse. Also somehow the prequels transformed a great actress, Natalie Potrtman, into a bad actress because of horrible screenplay and directing- and possibly just being around Hayden in general

Anyway, yeah... Cargo... let’s do it people! Even with May 4th bonuses, I spent the last week not playing BF2 at all. Still waiting for cargo... I even booted up Counter Strike on PC for some meaningful small team tactical action

I went there B) Partially to prove a point and partially because I think it actually may be the worst scene of all 8 Star Wars films.

But agreed. Back to things that matter, like Cargo.
  • MWB33
    1402 posts Member
    It’s amazing really, everyone on this thread was being polite, fairly optimistic and realistic. Offering compromises and solutions. After 12 pages with no acknowledgement we still are all those things, however resentment is starting to bleed in. I just cannot understand the communication fails that we have to endure. It’s this in a nutshell why the community often descends into shouting louder (and nastier) in order to be heard. 12 pages, over 500 comments? What does it take? Do they actually want us to become those ridiculous trolls before they say anything?

I second this emotion.
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

I second this emotion.

haha for a second there I thought you wrote "i second this motion," but now I see what it says.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

@F8RGE
    @EA_Tom
    @XXXO77O4906
    @T0TALfps

Yeah, I’m not sure what to think or do... maybe someone just needs to make another cargo thread with a ridiculous/obnoxious title to get their attention, but link it back to this thread :smile: we’re better than that though...

@F8RGE @T0TALfps

I’m sure you’re both busy with the upcoming Solo Season announcement and release, but can you let us know if you’ve read this thread? I wrote my last post tagging you over the weekend, so maybe you didn’t see it.

Ultimately we’re just trying to help the game with some good feedback, so have you seen this thread? Many ideas in here too besides just the huge number of people wanting bf2015-style regular cargo as a permanent game mode in BF2.

For example, Strike can rotate to Cargo and then to Dropzone and back to Strike giving people more variety without splitting up servers/player bases.

Capture the flag (cargo) is a classic game mode that kept many players around in bf2015 long after it’s release, including me. Don’t you think it could be an interesting direction? Do you disagree? Do you hear us? Can you not say? If it’s not going to happen, that is disappointing to us, but good to know. We’re really just wanting to be heard and acknowledged since this game was publicized as listening to the community.
  • SAmulticore
    3335 posts Member

@F8RGE
    @EA_Tom
    @XXXO77O4906
    @T0TALfps

Yeah, I’m not sure what to think or do... maybe someone just needs to make another cargo thread with a ridiculous/obnoxious title to get their attention, but link it back to this thread :smile: we’re better than that though...

@F8RGE @T0TALfps

I’m sure you’re both busy with the upcoming Solo Season announcement and release, but can you let us know if you’ve read this thread? I wrote my last post tagging you over the weekend, so maybe you didn’t see it.

Ultimately we’re just trying to help the game with some good feedback, so have you seen this thread? Many ideas in here too besides just the huge number of people wanting bf2015-style regular cargo as a permanent game mode in BF2.

For example, Strike can rotate to Cargo and then to Dropzone and back to Strike giving people more variety without splitting up servers/player bases.

Capture the flag (cargo) is a classic game mode that kept many players around in bf2015 long after it’s release, including me. Don’t you think it could be an interesting direction? Do you disagree? Do you hear us? Can you not say? If it’s not going to happen, that is disappointing to us, but good to know. We’re really just wanting to be heard and acknowledged since this game was publicized as listening to the community.

To be honest I’m not a fan of the rotation idea, it’d mean waiting through Strike etc and a very limited number of Cargo maps. I’d rather have it there as a stand-alone rotation with several maps.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

@F8RGE
    @EA_Tom
    @XXXO77O4906
    @T0TALfps

@F8RGE @T0TALfps

To be honest I’m not a fan of the rotation idea, it’d mean waiting through Strike etc and a very limited number of Cargo maps. I’d rather have it there as a stand-alone rotation with several maps.

Sure. I would agree with you in an ideal world. Everything being separate (standalone Cargo mode) like in BF2015 would be perfect.

Developers might be worried about splitting up the player base too much though if everyone plays slightly different modes, which is the only reason I (and others) thought of that rotation method. If not all separate game modes, maybe keep Strike separate and then have an additional small game mode that only rotates Dropzone and Cargo between each other and of course changes maps...

I say this about Dropzone because even though this thread is about Cargo, I fear that many people also like Dropzone just as much or more. I would say no droid-run though... that seems to be less popular.

I like Cargo the most though, for sure! Can't beat capture the flag excitement.
  • ....Droid Run = 3 moving Objectives = what's not to love?Again they Tweaked it wrong but have all the input to get it spot on this time
  • Dash
    11739 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Tagging to say that I have seen this. Don't have anything to add in terms of specifics but we are always looking at our game modes and seeing where we can build upon them.
    And always keep in mind guys. Just because there is no answer to something, it does not mean that it was ignored.

We saw this thread since day one when it was created and it was noted. Sometimes the team might what to wait till they can share more on a subject and so on before replying. But again nothing is being ignored and feedback is being noted even if there is sometimes no reply etc.

But since you all wanted some replies, I hope the above is enough for now at least.

Thank you for the replies! :smile:

@Kenobi_Dude <3ct1p9ifpl1cd.gif

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F8RGE wrote: »
    Tagging to say that I have seen this. Don't have anything to add in terms of specifics but we are always looking at our game modes and seeing where we can build upon them.
    And always keep in mind guys. Just because there is no answer to something, it does not mean that it was ignored.

We saw this thread since day one when it was created and it was noted. Sometimes the team might what to wait till they can share more on a subject and so on before replying. But again nothing is being ignored and feedback is being noted even if there is sometimes no reply etc.

But since you all wanted some replies, I hope the above is enough for now at least.

At last ! Thank you for the acknowledgment. It really does help to actually know we have been heard.
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • blaz3r wrote: »
    Strike is okay but it's to bland. Close quarter combat needs more meat. Cargo, drop zone, sabotage, droid run, extraction. Adding any of these modes would be an improvement. Even bringing back the old maps from bf2015 so they dont have to fit the new maps into old modes. Could do something like classic playlist. As bad as the playlist in bf2015 was I'd want it back if it gave us these old modes.

Actually I feel the reverse. Cargo is just CTF. I rather have Strike, but unfortunately the maps are really bad. Only a handful of good maps like Deathstar, Hoth, Mos Esley and Takodana.

Kamino is my fav. Theed is good too but I get that map a ton. Strike has great maps but needs more. Endor is super fun if you get "stuck" at the exit/entrance to the bunker. Otherwise it feels too fast same with jakku.

As far as regular cargo I imagine it would be difficult due to the jet packs but I am fine with bribing it back without the jet packs.
  • ...glad my last DR post could bring Management to post ;-)
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

Thank you @F8RGE ! We are happy to see you and others have seen this. The love for original cargo (with 2 cargos, using regular troopers) was so strong in BF2015. Please don't judge its potential in BF2 by jetpack cargo participation/feedback since they were quite different.

@Dash_Gaming :smiley:giphy.gif

• Dash
    11739 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Thank you @F8RGE ! We are happy to see you and others have seen this. The love for original cargo (with 2 cargos, using regular troopers) was so strong in BF2015. Please don't judge its potential in BF2 by jetpack cargo participation/feedback since they were quite different.

@Dash_Gaming :smiley:giphy.gif

I got you bruh, I got your back! <3:sunglasses:
    g0ccbii0idgf.jpeg

@SAmulticore , Response Received. :blush:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• MWB33
    1402 posts Member

Gents, the replies are much appreciated! Cheers!
  • Ppong_Man12
    3033 posts Member
    Good to know this has been looked at, a big thanks to the devs/mods, balls in your court now.
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member
    Well, after reading the news I’m very excited about jabbas palace! But I am a little bummed about their mention of future limited modes. That tells me that any future modes will be limited time modes.
  • MWB33
    1402 posts Member
    Well, after reading the news I’m very excited about jabbas palace! But I am a little bummed about their mention of future limited modes. That tells me that any future modes will be limited time modes.

Jabba's Palace will be awesome. I'm not too sure about the 2v2 Hero mode. It sounds interesting, but I'm not going to get excited about it UNLESS a party of 4 people can play it. I'm all for getting three of my friends together in a party and doing some 2v2...could care less about 2v2 with a bunch of randoms.
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

Jabba's Palace will be awesome. I'm not too sure about the 2v2 Hero mode. It sounds interesting, but I'm not going to get excited about it UNLESS a party of 4 people can play it. I'm all for getting three of my friends together in a party and doing some 2v2...could care less about 2v2 with a bunch of randoms.

Word
  • If we get proper Cargo as a “limited mode” I will be absolutely furious.

JP Cargo, Ewok Hunt and now Hero Showdown? Modes nobody has asked for or mentioned.

Again, no love for infantry. Ridiculous.
  • SAmulticore
    3335 posts Member
    If we get proper Cargo as a “limited mode” I will be absolutely furious.

JP Cargo, Ewok Hunt and now Hero Showdown? Modes nobody has asked for or mentioned.

I suspect it isn’t happening, it looks like they’ve seriously wound down on this, for whatever financial reasons. But for a small handful of new maps and heroes spread over the months to come I think the game we have now is pretty much Battlefront 2 in its final form.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Was really hoping for extraction, or any classic game mode, to make a return, oh well
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Jabba's Palace means extraction in June and we're getting content 'regularly' very 'soon'. I'll take it.
  • Ppong_Man12
    3033 posts Member

This entire game is based on and around hero gameplay, not infantry. Even the so called infantry modes blast and strike have reinforcements, that’s not what I consider all infantry. Imo that’s why this game is so imbalanced.

I still don’t get the temp stuff though, unless it’s just filler, why add or waste time on something if it’s temporary.
  • d0kRX
    1545 posts Member

This entire game is based on and around hero gameplay, not infantry. Even the so called infantry modes blast and strike have reinforcements, that’s not what I consider all infantry. Imo that’s why this game is so imbalanced.

I still don’t get the temp stuff though, unless it’s just filler, why add or waste time on something if it’s temporary.

Yeah I guess to give us variety. Well I would be happy with a variety especially if they threw in original cargo but I’ll still be bummed it isn’t permanent.

Guys if they put in original cargo temporarily, we should play the mode continuously to show it love, if it’s good that is.
  • MWB33
    1402 posts Member

I suspect it isn’t happening, it looks like they’ve seriously wound down on this, for whatever financial reasons. But for a small handful of new maps and heroes spread over the months to come I think the game we have now is pretty much Battlefront 2 in its final form.

I agree with your assessment. The vibe I get is that they've begun moving on to other projects and are relocating resources from this game.
  • If we get proper Cargo as a “limited mode” I will be absolutely furious.

I disagree, but I rarely even play HvV or even much GA. When I get heroes in GA, I usually pick shooting heroes.

Anyway, I think it’s a great shooter for troopers. The problem with this game is they are trying to do too much from the start. Honestly SA could be it’s own game and HvV could be some kind of battle royale game too nowadays. Ewok hunt is just a stupid waste of time, but they were trying to be creative anyway.

The actually part I care about is the FPS game within the rest of the game and within that, I care about the smaller tactical team objectives!

If no Cargo anytime soon, they should at least work on strike. Why can’t Jabba’a Palace or Crait be Strike maps? Doesn’t seem that difficult.

• d0kRX
    1545 posts Member

Agreed. There should be some game modes without heroes or enforcers

It would be fabulous.
  • Dash
    11739 posts Member

Agreed. There should be some game modes without heroes or enforcers

It would be fabulous.

I’ve been asking for this since launch. Seriously, just one game without hearing a Wookie scream or a bow caster fired lol. :neutral:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• MWB33 wrote: »

I agree with your assessment. The vibe I get is that they've begun moving on to other projects and are relocating resources from this game.

This sounds all too familiar.