criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

DICE - do the easy stuff!

JackTHorn
3837 posts Member
It frequently occurs to me that there's a relatively easy way to beef up the coming seasons and content drops:

Do the easy stuff.

Add female and male voice options to all helmeted troopers.

Add female body options for the Quarren, Sullustan, Nikto, etc.

Take the maps that are so far only in the campaign, and put them in at least Blast and Arcade.

I made a post last month about Officer customization, including around 20 Canon skins that would add rank and depth but would only require simple recoloring of existing assets.

There's a LOT that could be added with minimal time and effort, that would add greatly to the bulk of the content in this game. Why not do it?

Replies

  • JAREDUP
    1612 posts Member
    Because Disney says no
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JackTHorn
    3837 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no
    Was there an article where some of that was mentioned and Disney said no to it?
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no
    Was there an article where some of that was mentioned and Disney said no to it?
    Don't think so.
    And I agree with everything, plus add Sullustan Assault.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bug fixes toooo please. For instance, scan dart/infiltration not 100% working, thermal/night vision not 100% working, Boba's disabler missle not working, ally vehicles/turret gunners showing up as enemy fire on the radar, etc. PLEASE.

    They really add up and it looks like this:
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • tankertoad
    6659 posts Member
    Great I can't sleep for the next week after seeing that now
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Nope nope nope nope nope to that video :weary:
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    "Season" content does need to be beefed up.

    Also, each month they could add BF2015 maps (plus modes Extraction, Droid Run and Cargo) since it's probably minimal labor (I'm guessing).

    Maybe we'll get more than one map this month - plus a map selector. One map just isn't enough.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • AsariSith
    321 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no

    How the hell do you know that? Please come up with a better answer to this topic that's logically accurate or just go blend in with the "We want this in the game DICE listen to us WE" group.
  • tankertoad
    6659 posts Member
    AsariSith wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no

    How the **** do you know that? Please come up with a better answer to this topic that's logically accurate or just go blend in with the "We want this in the game DICE listen to us WE" group.

    Well we know generally speaking that Disney has a heavy hand on what content is allowed and not allowed due to Canon, or what they call Cannon at times, and the movies.

  • AsariSith
    321 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    tankertoad wrote: »
    AsariSith wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no

    How the **** do you know that? Please come up with a better answer to this topic that's logically accurate or just go blend in with the "We want this in the game DICE listen to us WE" group.

    Well we know generally speaking that Disney has a heavy hand on what content is allowed and not allowed due to Canon, or what they call Cannon at times, and the movies.

    Ok so tell me how and why they would say no to having a twilek as an assault? Are you saying that females are supposed to be scouts during some sort of gun fire battle or what? I feel rather forced to play as a scout just for a specific race.

    Its the most simple stuff in life the devs ignore man. And having answers like that person with stating Disney says no will just make the devs lose interest in someone serious topic.
  • Crabman
    201 posts Member
    Considering the mods PC has it's mind boggling the base game doesn't even have anywhere near that.

    I like how the mods work too; you apply the skin it works for you and you alone. I feel that could be a good resolve to the "but but I don't want several legions together" cry (does the cross era heroes and weapons not already render that mood anyway?).

    So if dice were to ever release the clone skins you could have 501st Assault; when you spawn in everyone else appears as 501st yet they could also be default or another legion from their point of view.
    Given that you can't change skins in game/between matches (nor use mods/weapons you've unlocked in game; which why dice??) have a different skin for each class could work with that. 501st Assault, 212th Heavy, 41st Specialist (with correct change of armour) and
    104th Wolfpack Officer (With armour).
    You see the other classes as that legion too whilst you run them.

    I dunno. Dice has been dropping the ball on this since before SWBF2 (even with SWBF predating it with its customsation) with BF1. Apparantly too difficult to let's players choose one of the varying NAMED face models and a choice of faction headgear. Still to this day irritates me that ANZACs are shoehorned (again) at Cape Helles where they never even fought yet Suez Canal, Sinai Desert, St Quentin, Amiens, Somme and Passchendaele they aren't present but did actually fight.

    The most simple and basic customsation would've made 99.9% of players happy (the other 0.1% wanted to be able to changed shoelaces and blood types etc)

    The thing I find ironic is the reasoning why no customsation yet in Incursions they made brand new and mixed models and their subequent shading, shadows and lighting. Even making brand new things that aren't in the game (German soft cap, eye patch etc)

    There is a reason there is a demand for customsation.
  • JackTHorn
    3837 posts Member
    Crabman wrote: »
    Considering the mods PC has it's mind boggling the base game doesn't even have anywhere near that.
    Too true. Even if they'd just pulled over all the skins from the last game, that would have been a better starting place. Maybe arrange them in better order as far as rank and level and cost, and all (Navy Trooper would be a Common / 5k Assault skin, Shadow Trooper would be an Epic / 40k skin, etc).

    Also not blowing half their customization options on default skins, that would have been great too. They gave the Clone Heavy an ARC kama and a low Officer pauldron, gave the Clone Specialist a non-functional elite jetpack and a high Officer's pauldron, gave pauldrons to every Imperial class except the Officer and the Assault... basically they threw pauldrons on everything that moved.

    Crabman wrote: »
    I like how the mods work too; you apply the skin it works for you and you alone. I feel that could be a good resolve to the "but but I don't want several legions together" cry (does the cross era heroes and weapons not already render that moot anyway?).
    Adding rainbow clones in would just make it worse. That's like saying, "Well, someone came in and set my couch on fire, I may as well flood the basement too... " What's required is a solution for the existing problem, not the addition of a new problem.

    Crabman wrote: »
    So if dice were to ever release the clone skins you could have 501st Assault; when you spawn in everyone else appears as 501st yet they could also be default or another legion from their point of view.
    Given that you can't change skins in game/between matches (nor use mods/weapons you've unlocked in game; which why dice??) have a different skin for each class could work with that. 501st Assault, 212th Heavy, 41st Specialist (with correct change of armour) and
    104th Wolfpack Officer (With armour).
    You see the other classes as that legion too whilst you run them.
    While this isn't my preferred way to do things, it would definitely be better than the Rainbow Of Clones option. But really, I WANT to see the skins that other people have, I like the variety. I want to be able to see that an Officer has the high-ranked gray Navy Commander skin, so I know he's a skilled Officer who cares about the class.

    For a lot of people the appeal of buying a skin is greatly diminished (if not eliminated) by knowing that no one will ever see it. It removes the communal element of the game and isolates everyone in their own lonely server-side-selected world.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Because Disney says no

    Source?
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • I'm glad that Dice is finally taking their first step in bringing the customization to BF2. That being said, I agree with OP. They definitely should do more even when already getting started. It's predecessor Battlefront 2015 already has better customization options and should bring many of those to its successor. Heck, even the Sullustan skin is not yet available, despite being not only popular, but also even they appear as an image to one of Assault's Star Cards.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
Sign In or Register to comment.