criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Didnt refund, fear came through, one of the worst experiences ever.

Hello,

After may 4th sale or just before, I thought, i'd give it a go. Sadly after the first few hours I already thought, no. Sadly somehow I couldn't refund, even though I had all the requirements to have or should have had the option to do so.

After posting some people said, keep at it, try, do not give up yet..

Sadly I wish I just contacted support, because even after 15 hours, I hate this game.
From the start, you are just fodder, and I dont mean a clanker, no a clone fodder, you still matter but you are still fodder.

Main thing of this to me, and I cant figure out why they did this, is the star cards, the increase % in dmg or recharge ability or duration or etc etc, this gets clear the more you play, a dogfight, someone who locks faster, or does more missile dmg or turns quicker will have a advantage over you.

So leaving 40v40 behind, I wanted to try heroes vs villains immediately i felt I was a burden to my team, I had no star cards, their team had 4 in all, after loosing 10 matches, doing little to nothing, i stopped.

Went back into 40v40 and started to try to fly around, what i said earlier was still the case, everyone had more dmg then me or flew quicker or this and that, but I would live longer then on the ground, untill I realised that the gameplay in the air is so crap. You spawn, you see someone with a dot or a name depending on distance, you home in, you defeat him if you get the jump on him, he spawns, sees the revenge on his map from miles away, homes in and kills me, I do the same to him and the dance continues, it is SO boring that I stopped doing that too, flying that is, I could stop attack him or someone else but that just means I would still die as soon as my name or dot comes into view.

There is only one mode that I find okay, because I feel the effects of the cards is less felt, and that is in starfighter assault, but that wont get me much fun out of my money because it will get boring too.

I can spend 30 hours in this game to get 3 ranks in star cards or one class maxed but by that time I would have had such a bad experience, I don't want to go further, how bad is this I wonder, how can you design a game this way? Where did it go from where we had a full game, everything unlocked to this? I want to play a game to have fun, not to get squashed like a bug because player X has spend more time unlocking things, I want to be equal from the start and let skill take its course (which ofc at the start, would still be less then a experienced player).

I feel disappointing, i feel confused to the game design, i feel even more confused when people think this is fun, good design, great game! When it punished you from picking this game up.

Everything another player has a boost in, advantage in is in advantage, no matter how small or big. I know I will get flamed at and that is fine, I know a lot of players don't see it or want to see it, a game that could be great cannot be great this way, not now or in the future.

Replies

• NachoFoot
    262 posts Member
    The game has a big learning curve for sure. If it wasn't Star Wars, I probably wouldn't play. It took me at least as many hours as you to figure out how not to die and more to figure out the maps. In the end, that's what you do in these types of games: You figure out the map and how to best exploit the advantages.
  • Cards dont mean anything unless its sfa.

Yah, I can still be beat by a level 1 Darth Vader in any mode. Just depends on who is using him.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Cards dont mean anything unless its sfa.

Yah, I can still be beat by a level 1 Darth Vader in any mode. Just depends on who is using him.

Even made a new account and still did good.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Yeo, Rey is the best way to get a leg up in any mode.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    If you expected to do well when first starting a FPS games buying it 6 months after release and after playing 15 hours than you are being completely naive. Players you are playing against have hundreds if not thousands of hours of practice and map knowledge... you have basically tried to walk-on to a collegel level basketball team after having played basketball for 2 days and are expecting to do well... not gonna happen.

Yes to that.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • jonci
    898 posts Member
    yeah cards are not all that really, i sucked at this game to begin with, and some times i still do. Its annoying even having been playing for so long to get a whooping, but that's the nature of the beast. ignore the card of others, stick near your squad and if you die do it again, it isn't something i worry about the dying, i get more deaths than kills in GA but am better in Blast for some reason, in SA i am really up there with them 9 out of 10 but have bad games as well. don't worry about being a burden, stuff them get stuck in and enjoy it for what it is, a daft game.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Oh, and I really wouldn't bother with HvV, especially if you're new to the game. It's pretty broken with the balancing and spawns, and even the best players can't survive being spawned in the middle of four enemy heroes.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    Oh, and I really wouldn't bother with HvV, especially if you're new to the game. It's pretty broken with the balancing and spawns, and even the best players can't survive being spawned in the middle of four enemy heroes.

Yep, most unbalanced mode in the game. You should start playing that after you have your heroes to level 15.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • qg8mjz1zdqby.gif
    Hello,

After may 4th sale or just before, I thought, i'd give it a go. Sadly after the first few hours I already thought, no. Sadly somehow I couldn't refund, even though I had all the requirements to have or should have had the option to do so.

After posting some people said, keep at it, try, do not give up yet..

Sadly I wish I just contacted support, because even after 15 hours, I hate this game.
    From the start, you are just fodder, and I dont mean a clanker, no a clone fodder, you still matter but you are still fodder.

Main thing of this to me, and I cant figure out why they did this, is the star cards, the increase % in dmg or recharge ability or duration or etc etc, this gets clear the more you play, a dogfight, someone who locks faster, or does more missile dmg or turns quicker will have a advantage over you.

So leaving 40v40 behind, I wanted to try heroes vs villains immediately i felt I was a burden to my team, I had no star cards, their team had 4 in all, after loosing 10 matches, doing little to nothing, i stopped.

Went back into 40v40 and started to try to fly around, what i said earlier was still the case, everyone had more dmg then me or flew quicker or this and that, but I would live longer then on the ground, untill I realised that the gameplay in the air is so ****. You spawn, you see someone with a dot or a name depending on distance, you home in, you defeat him if you get the jump on him, he spawns, sees the revenge on his map from miles away, homes in and kills me, I do the same to him and the dance continues, it is SO boring that I stopped doing that too, flying that is, I could stop attack him or someone else but that just means I would still die as soon as my name or dot comes into view.

There is only one mode that I find okay, because I feel the effects of the cards is less felt, and that is in starfighter assault, but that wont get me much fun out of my money because it will get boring too.

I can spend 30 hours in this game to get 3 ranks in star cards or one class maxed but by that time I would have had such a bad experience, I don't want to go further, how bad is this I wonder, how can you design a game this way? Where did it go from where we had a full game, everything unlocked to this? I want to play a game to have fun, not to get squashed like a bug because player X has spend more time unlocking things, I want to be equal from the start and let skill take its course (which ofc at the start, would still be less then a experienced player).

I feel disappointing, i feel confused to the game design, i feel even more confused when people think this is fun, good design, great game! When it punished you from picking this game up.

Everything another player has a boost in, advantage in is in advantage, no matter how small or big. I know I will get flamed at and that is fine, I know a lot of players don't see it or want to see it, a game that could be great cannot be great this way, not now or in the future.

• HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    I generally agree with you. I would prefer that this game was more like Battlefield, with vehicles and weapons scattered around the map so that everyone had an equal chance of getting them occasionally. This game really compounds the skill advantage that players already have by allowing them to skill up faster (which most games do), but also ensuring that they get the best vehicles and heroes. It's a bloodbath. It takes a lot of skill to do well. It can either be extremely fun or very aggravating. It doesn't help that it's impossible to communicate with your team or even squadmates on consoles, so team-play is virtually non-existent.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    Oh. Play the campaign if you haven't already. It has some tie-ins to the Force Awakens/the Last Jedi that made me hate TLJ a little less. It's a fun campaign.
  • Zman2202
    220 posts Member
    Gotta disagree bud. Take it from someone who took a hiatus from battlefield for 4 months. Every one had the new perks and guns which kade them stronger. I felt like I would die every three seconds while the other guys lasted the entire match.

At first, I looked to blame the players for being try hards

Then I blamed the game for being so hard for people new or people who forget to play it once in a while

I began to blame myselft for being so bad too....

Until I picked up the Model 1900 shotgun and went on a 20 killstreak :)

In the words of a average gamer,

"Be mad, Be sad, but never be bad"
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    Zman2202 wrote: »
    Gotta disagree bud. Take it from someone who took a hiatus from battlefield for 4 months. Every one had the new perks and guns which kade them stronger. I felt like I would die every three seconds while the other guys lasted the entire match.

Then I blamed the game for being so hard for people new or people who forget to play it once in a while

And yet anybody that got a vehicle still would wreck you if you were just running around on the ground.
  • Zman2202
    220 posts Member

And yet anybody that got a vehicle still would wreck you if you were just running around on the ground.

Just completely missed the point of comment didnt you? Also theres this thing called Ground vehicles that (in my experience) wreck air vehicles
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Eh. You may be right. I thought Battlefield 4 was fun but I haven't played it in a long time. I don't remember Battlefield games ever feeling this chokey. Too many areas that you must go through, where a hero will rip you apart.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    SMTHook wrote: »
    If this is one of your worst experiences ever than you've got a lot of living to do.

Indeed. The hyperbole is strong with this one.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

In fairness, vehicles do tend to be able to take out ground troops fairly quickly. Idk about in Battlefield, but I'd assume it's the same. A tank vs a soldier, who would win? I'd bet on the tank.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

In fairness, vehicles do tend to be able to take out ground troops fairly quickly. Idk about in Battlefield, but I'd assume it's the same. A tank vs a soldier, who would win? I'd bet on the tank.

Yes that's the point. And in Battlefield, anyone can get the tank.
  • Empire_TW
    5120 posts Member

Battlefield has C4 and Jihad jeeps to keep the infantry and tanks equal.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • mastery0ta
    5761 posts Member
    Noone? Well I guess I'll say it then. Git gud
  • Zman2202
    220 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Noone? Well I guess I'll say it then. Git gud

I was waiting for it!
  • Ashz2Ashz
    87 posts Member
    Best thing to do is level up your weapons in blast, all weapon unlocks are based off of kills and in blast you will at least be getting a lot of kills.

Once you start to unlock some of the better weapons/attachments , the levels will come easier, as well as the star cards.
  • Victor94
    315 posts Member
    I would actually say that the mode that is affected more by star cards is SA by far.

They allow you to do 10% more DPS, make some abilities last twice as much time, have 20% more HP or have 20% turn rate.

Trooper play isn't affected that much on star cards but on experience, such as knowing the maps or unlocking their best weapons.
  • Learn how to play as officer class, its the most OP out of the 4.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • You want a refund because you are new? That’s like buying a TV then asking for a refund because you have it.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Aaaand I’m just gonna not read the rest of your post.

Wanna know why?

Because everything you said was just wrong.

Smh.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Billkwando
    1232 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    The game has a big learning curve for sure. If it wasn't Star Wars, I probably wouldn't play.

If this game has a big learning curve, then Elite Dangerous would make his head explode.

I joke, but it's true. I still don't know what the heck is going on in Galactic Assault with the objectives and everything, and I've been playing since December. Starfighter Assault does zero explaining as well. This game is absolutely terrible when it comes to tutorials or easing new players into the system. Besides my main mode SA, which is always fun, I used to only play Strike and Blast until I really felt like I had a handle on the basic gameplay. The shooting part is pretty standard/easy, but rolling and the specials take some getting used to. I went into HvV (eventually) with the attitude that I was gonna be awful, but go down swinging (a lightsaber).

It might seem hard to face the better players, and it might seem like you'll never be making the top 5 consistently, but one day you'll finish a game, look at the screen and there's your name on the final screen, and you'll be the one people think they can't beat.

This happened to me last weekend, during the double XP event. I got stuck with Yoda in HvV, and I guess something clicked, cos I ended up being very surprised to find myself MVP at the end of the match.....when I really never played Yoda that much before, or "got" how he worked.

jonci wrote: »
    ignore the card of others, stick near your squad

Or better yet, screenshot their cards and steal their combos! If you decided to play HvV, you're probably going to be leveling up/getting a card/getting a skill point every 2nd match or so. Unlock the 3 cards you want to use, and then focus on upgrading them as you level.

Don't forget, you get points for dying too. I can't tell you how many times I've leveled up during my death animation. I've actually been recording it every time it happens, because it strikes me funny (and it's super easy to hit 2 buttons on Xbox and record the last 15 seconds of whatever just happened).

Good luck and hang in there. We were all terrible at first. At least you don't have to slog through the horrible progression system the rest of us did, where you couldn't level up from fighting....only from buying cards.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.