criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anakin Skywalker as Skin, Character, or both?

I feel Anakin Skywalker will be in the game in some form eventually, I am just unsure which one.

The most likely option imo is being a legendary Vader skin.

Next being a full playable character (probably light side).

Finally least probable being both.

But it would be interesting to see light side Anakin v dark side Anakin.
hnytpwosbe30.png
∆^∆

Replies

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think the best option would to be having him as his own hero. He is the main character of the prequels, and has a lot of potential to be very different from Vader as a hero. Anakin is very skilled with a lightsaber, whereas Vader uses brute force and the Force to crush his enemies. Anakin's also a lot faster.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Character. Having him as a skin (as for any other hero) just seems stupid tbh, and having both would be downright confusing.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Anakin as a Light-side Hero before he turned (ROTS).

Anakin after he Turned but before he was constructed (ROTS) into Vader [Legendary Skin]

Both I say.
    z817zlrpv4xh.gif

0ctjf3otw3wa.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• CarapaceonMenace
    1906 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We don't need a pre suit Vader (who still used a blue lightsaber) leading Separatist droids against clones.

If it did happen.........no lines. Just let him be silent.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We don't need a pre suit Vader (who still used a blue lightsaber) leading Separatist droids against clones.

Be that as it may, he still slayed Younglings with that Blue saber and tried to kill Obi.

Perhaps maybe Dark side Legendary Skin could come equipped with Vader’s saber?

Or is that TOO much? I understand completely regardless.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• We don't need a pre suit Vader (who still used a blue lightsaber) leading Separatist droids against clones.

Be that as it may, he still slayed Younglings with that Blue saber and tried to kill Obi.

That's what I mean. It's going to be Anakin vs Fleshy Vader, both with the same lightsaber, clones vs droids. It just makes everything weirder.
    Would he be slow or fast?

And I'd really prefer no lines at all.

Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member

That's what I mean. It's going to be Anakin vs Fleshy Vader, both with the same lightsaber, clones vs droids. It just makes everything weirder.
    Would he be slow or fast?

And I'd really prefer no lines at all.

Understandable. Can’t really argue with that. It is what it is. Well put.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• CaptainGinyu
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Anakin has to be an own char. most preferably light side . He is more sword technique based opposed to vader and his Force powers or even Darth Malgus brute style. :) for me both are 2 personalities
  • Or a legendary skin for Yoda.
  • Master_Cunha
    4548 posts Member
    He CANNOT be a skin.
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    Anakin as a light side hero and a Vader skin as Anakin was when slaughtering younglings and in fight with Kenobi after Palpatine named him Vader.
    I kind of like the idea of no speach lines, but would suggest a selection of lines from movies which show that him falling to the darkside.

• meshugene89
    2876 posts Member
    I feel Anakin Skywalker will be in the game in some form eventually, I am just unsure which one.

The most likely option imo is being a legendary Vader skin.

Next being a full playable character (probably light side).

Finally least probable being both.

But it would be interesting to see light side Anakin v dark side Anakin.

Again with this? I will never understand why anyone in their right mind would think that Anakin should be a dark side hero/skin for Vader. Anakin Skywalker was a light side hero for 13-14 years in the Star Wars timeline and spent all of about 24 hours as a dark sider before being transformed into Darth Vader, his true Sith form.
    Also, please realise that skins don't ever change the gameplay mechanics of the character in question. If Anakin were a skin for Vader, he would move at the same fast-walking pace, have the same abilties, and would likely have the Vader voice lines because that probably can't be changed either. Just look at the Millenium Falcon; the only difference is the dish and yet they made 2 of them rather than making the ST Falcon a skin because they probably can't apply 2 sets of voice lines to one character slot.
    Anakin deserves to be his own separate character so that he can move at a comparative speed to Luke, have his own set of abilities, and get his own voice lines. But more importantly, and I cannot stress this enough, ANAKIN IS NOT VADER! The whole point of skins should be that they are alternate looks for the character in question, but as I said earlier, Anakin probably spent all of about 24 hours doing evil, dark side stuff, during which time he wasn't fully a Sith yet. Anakin's true turn to the dark side was when he was a mutilated, burnt body on Mustafar when his eyes changed to the yellow Sith colour, and his true transformation into Darth Vader was when he donned the iconic suit. I would argue that, up until that point, he was actually a dark Jedi and still very much Anakin Skywalker. Either way, the point is that Darth Vader only truly came into existence after the fight on Mustafar, and Anakin Skywalker was no more, so having him be a skin is a complete disservice to the character.
    TL;DR - Anakin Skywalker = Jedi, light side, hero; Darth Vader = Sith, dark side, villain.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu