criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Giving up!

I will not be buying another ea product ever again. The lack of content is a smack in the face to starwars fans and anyone who paid hard earned money for this pathetic excuse for a AAA Star Wars game. My small sliver of hope for ea died with the closure of visceral games and the death of dead space. I have been scammed on starwars battlefront 1, I've been scammed on battlefield 1 and now once again with starwars battlefront 2. I will not be fooled again. Help me Disney, you are my only hope. For firing ea and giving the rights to a respectable developer that is. Ea does not make games for the people. They make games to milk fans out of every penny they can before people realize that are being scammed.

Replies

• I thought BF15 was amazing and this new one is a distant second. It has a lot of issues, but they have a lot on their plates and it gets neglected a lot. EA is a problem, but it is one that I can choose to be patient with. I for one hope that they stay on this game, fix the issues, and bring in new content.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • You know, you can always go outside and leave this gaming nonsense behind. I highly suggest it.
  • Lord_Oz wrote: »
    I thought BF15 was amazing and this new one is a distant second. It has a lot of issues, but they have a lot on their plates and it gets neglected a lot. EA is a problem, but it is one that I can choose to be patient with. I for one hope that they stay on this game, fix the issues, and bring in new content.

If they have a lot on their plates they should give up the license to a studio that will bring more dedication to the Star Wars IP and won't try to use it to milk the player base. That was their intent, there's no way around that.

Agreed. This Star Wars license was a huge deal. If they have too much on their plate, then they should have either passed or staffed up to meet the work demands. But really, the overall design decisions in Battlefront are what has kept it from being the kind of success everyone expected, not an oversized workload.

I thought BF2015 was OK. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The biggest reason is the design decision not to put in the Conquest mode everyone is used to with Battlefront games. Then their DLC focused on small map game modes, and overall the content just wasn't there.

Cargo and Blast are not what Star Wars Battlefront means for people who played the games on PS2/PC/Xbox and PSP. They are used to Conquest with vehicles on the maps and a legit class system.

So Battlefront 2 gave us a class system back, but with a loot box progression system and again no Conquest mode. LOL
  • I was about to hit like but you've just asked help from Disney....pft. in all (((((HONEST))))) dice should never ever, ever attempt to touch a star wars game ever again. Your ways of making games bores me! And its literally aimed for teenage and children. I no longer will follow dices b8llsh1t games. They are all buiish1t and a sad excuse for a gaming companyPeriod Btw hey dice, Activision called. They want their "copy paste" scheme/idea back.
  • I'm not going to go so far as to say I will never buy another EA product again. They put out another Mirror's Edge game or TitanFall 3, and I will buy those day 1. Respawn's Star Wars title has me interested, and so does Anthem.

That said, there's no doubt about it that EA's performance the last 3 years has been frustrating at best. Not just Battlefront, but on how they handled the TitanFall 2 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst launches as well as cancelling Amy Hennig's game. And to hear the leaks talk about the DLC plans that got scrapped after the loot crates were pulled? That hurt.

The most disappointing thing for me is the fact EA is refusing to give this game a cash infusion necessary to get it back on it's feet. Like I put in another thread, even if they have to sell DLC packs again, put the resources necessary to get the content out and give the game a shot at success.

Instead they appear to have packed it in for Battlefield 2018...a game I don't have plans to get. This fiasco doesn't make me want to change those plans either.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    You know, you can always go outside and leave this gaming nonsense behind. I highly suggest it.

Is this necessary? Do you somehow feel superior to others when you use this tired, passive aggressive personal attack insinuating that others don't have lives outside of this game?
  • EA made 5.1 billion last year. If they wanted to support the game they could, they’ve chosen not to. Simple as that.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
    You know, you can always go outside and leave this gaming nonsense behind. I highly suggest it.

Is this necessary? Do you somehow feel superior to others when you use this tired, passive aggressive personal attack insinuating that others don't have lives outside of this game?

I think he means we should all go outside and calm down. It is not passive aggressive to suggest that we all just calm down, it is in fact beneficial to our health. So in a way, he is showing that he cares.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • I will not be buying another ea product ever again. The lack of content is a smack in the face to starwars fans and anyone who paid hard earned money for this pathetic excuse for a AAA Star Wars game. My small sliver of hope for ea died with the closure of visceral games and the death of dead space. I have been scammed on starwars battlefront 1, I've been scammed on battlefield 1 and now once again with starwars battlefront 2. I will not be fooled again. Help me Disney, you are my only hope. For firing ea and giving the rights to a respectable developer that is. Ea does not make games for the people. They make games to milk fans out of every penny they can before people realize that are being scammed.

Wth? Battlefield 1 is amazing besides the addition of random bullet spread and the grenade spam at launch which has since been fixed. The content drop of the first dlc contained more dlc than battlefront 2 will ever have. They just dropped 8 weapon variants and 3 new weapons for free this week. The first dlc is also free to download this week. How on earth were you scammed there? The only Mtx they ever had were cosmetics.
  • Raylol
    772 posts Member
    I love this game due HvV, if it didn't had HvV i would hate it, but yea, im happy with this game.

hzssnenl9qxm.jpg

If a really good game you want, Bethesda, Naughty dog, rockstar games you should try
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Lord_Oz wrote: »

I think he means we should all go outside and calm down. It is not passive aggressive to suggest that we all just calm down, it is in fact beneficial to our health. So in a way, he is showing that he cares.

Riiiiiiiiiight.
  • I’m not happy with the game rn which is a weirdly dangerous opinion to have on the forum, but I don’t understand why so many people abhor the idea of opening the Star Wars license up to other game companies. Let someone else have a go and I guarantee there won’t be this sheer level of poison on their forums
    I don't know what Battlefront II is.
    Lord_Oz wrote: »

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Thats just my opinion though. I could be wrong.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • KazJim
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    #CaIHaveYourStuff ?
  • mastery0ta
    5768 posts Member
    I like DICE. Talented group of people imo. EA not so much. The corporate overlords are ruining everything with predatory ****