criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• Adding two or three new maps would be a start, but I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

GA and SA are all I play, and Ewok Hunt whenever its available to play. Beyond tired of the SA maps. GA too.

KC
  • Hero ships need to take less damage!
  • Anyone else think we will get another version of the Millennium Falcon in SA with the Solo release? Will there be a new villains starfighter as well?
    ulcgyoxhm9oa.jpg

• have days where the XP is doubled. i can't get my things to level 25.
  • Devs said they are working on some type of fix for leveling up the Hero/Villain starships. Time will tell.

KC
  • to be honest i play this game only cause of SA and used to HvV
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Since this is a general thread for Starfighter Assault, I'll post this here.

When you spawn into a game or whenever you have to destroy an objective, and the target in front of you says "Not In Range" that means it's not in range. Stop shooting at it and wait until the "Not In Range" message goes away.

I played some SA today and there was almost always at least one player from my spawn wave shooting at nothing. Some of them were using Quad Laser Cannon or Laser Barrage, which I thought was hilarious. I get it, it's the weekend and you want to get your shoot on, but save that stuff until it can actually hit an objective, okay guys? Your team thanks you. :)
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Devs said they are working on some type of fix for leveling up the Hero/Villain starships. Time will tell.

KC

With my luck, it'll get improved the day after I get my last Hero ship to level 25. Doesn't much matter, because SA is still fun and the grind is just more incentive to use the Hero Ships I usually ignore, like Iden, Luke, and Tallie.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Since this is a general thread for Starfighter Assault, I'll post this here.

When you spawn into a game or whenever you have to destroy an objective, and the target in front of you says "Not In Range" that means it's not in range. Stop shooting at it and wait until the "Not In Range" message goes away.

I played some SA today and there was almost always at least one player from my spawn wave shooting at nothing. Some of them were using Quad Laser Cannon or Laser Barrage, which I thought was hilarious. I get it, it's the weekend and you want to get your shoot on, but save that stuff until it can actually hit an objective, okay guys? Your team thanks you. :)

What level were they? I noticed when your squad members are AI (always level 1) they can just randomly fire at nothing.

What I want is emotes like in GA. One where you can ask for aid on getting a tail off your back and another to give heads up to your teammate that you have his/her back.

As for hero ships I never fly them. You just become an instant target and waste time getting killed in just a few seconds. Good for me though I lost count on hero ship kills a long time ago when I finished my milestones. Easy targets every time. So I am ok with whatever anyone else wants with it. Maybe they should be beefier.
  • One thing I've only noticed in the last few days, on the D'qar Map as the First Order, right at the start as you fly toiward the sshield generators, as you approach the junkyard, an NPC Tie Fighter will fly across tyhe flight pattern of all the other Ties and crash into the first "tunnel" shaped junk piece. It doesn't take up a ticket/reinforcement but I do l;augh when I see it happen every time. See if it happens next time you start on that map as the FO. :smile:
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • What level were they? I noticed when your squad members are AI (always level 1) they can just randomly fire at nothing.

I only remember a few of them from looking at who I was spawning with and they were relatively new players, levels 6 through 10 or around that.

• ...See if it happens next time you start on that map as the FO. :smile:
    I'm definitely going to be looking for that now.

• So DICE mentioned they will be looking at the levelling of hero ships? That's good to know. I only have Slave I to 25 and full purpled, Poe at 22 and no-one else remotely close. I messed up the whole CP / credits prep thing. Got 2000 CP (50 skill pts) left still and nothing to spend it on.
  • Kernel_Cinders
    570 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I believe a DICE moderator posted a response to a question regarding the slow grind of the Hero/Villain starships. They responded that they would pass on the request to the dev team to take a look at it and then later another moderator said the dev team were aware of the XP issue and were exploring ideas to make changes to how Hero and Villain starships gain XP in SA. I haven't read anything about it since then.

I myself think Hero/Villain starships should get twice as much XP gain as a regular starship regardless of the map and only allow a maximum of three Hero/Villain ships per side. Currently the SA game mode is rather strange in terms of XP gain for Hero/Villain starships.

KC
  • I just hope they are going to add a few more maps soon. I love the mode but the six maps we currently have are getting boring. Wish they would add at least one new map for each era.

Would love to see the campaign starfighter battle of Naboo, so you can play it on the Imperial side too. Also I hope once they will add RO/Scarif stuff they will add a movie accurate space battle of Scarif with Profundity & Hammerheads. And battle of Coruscant & Endor would be amazing too.
  • The number one thing that I think SA needs right now is a few more maps added to the rotation.

I think there are nine or ten maps for GA now but only six for SA. Three more maps for SA would be okay by me.

KC
  • I hope DICE/Criterion does something so we can turn the aim assist off. Kind of frustrating getting ready to put that final nail in the coffin only to be taken off target by some errant enemy pilot. Thanks as my kill just turned into an assist.

Anyone else want kill counts on the hulls of their starfighters? I'd like to have a few TIE fighter kill markings on my A-wing, bomb kills markings on my Y-wing and some X-wing kill markings on my TIE Interceptor.
    n6b8hc4gd62e.jpg
    xnhm3ep5a561.jpg

• A lot of players will crash on purpose if they know they are probably going to die, especially when playing a Hero/Villain starship.

KC
  • Give falcon a microjump ability when it can hyperdrive a reasonable distance
    Tallie is a great Hero ship in the right circumstances and playstyle.

Boba Fett and Tallie are my two favorite ships with Darth Maul and Poe Dameron as my number twos.

KC

What cards are you using for Tallie.

• Give falcon a microjump ability when it can hyperdrive a reasonable distance
    Tallie is a great Hero ship in the right circumstances and playstyle.

Boba Fett and Tallie are my two favorite ships with Darth Maul and Poe Dameron as my number twos.

KC

What cards are you using for Tallie.

Best star cards to use for Talline Lintra, in my opinion are -
    1. Advanced Pilot - Get this to epic level and it gives a 40% boost to your ability tu turn. You can out turn just about any other ship, barring Kylon Ren's TIE Silencer. Thus being able to out tunr your opponents is a god send in a fight.
    2. Advanced Capacitors - Gives you longer to use your cannons before they over heat. A staple card for any interceptor.
    3. Inspiring Presence - When at epic level, when you activate this ability, the card boosts your health regeneration (and those of your team mates around you) by 90 HP per second. This is a good way to regain health without having to wait the 4-5 seconds without combat before health regeneration starts, especially in middle of a fight, or when Slave 1 is around.
    Hope that is of some help to you.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    Give falcon a microjump ability when it can hyperdrive a reasonable distance

I posted an idea like this in the "[Millenium Falcon] Still Way Too Slow" thread.

What would be cool is if they replaced the "Afterburner" ability with a "Hyperdrive" ability. It would have a longer cooldown, but almost instantly transport the Falcon to the edge of the map. It would be visually sweet as well.

It could be a Star Card upgrade to the Afterburner or simply replace it as a base ability. You point the Falcon in the direction you want to go, activate the ability, and jump. They could add in some movie dialogue between Chewie and Han as well.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3766 posts Member
    I hope DICE/Criterion does something so we can turn the aim assist off. Kind of frustrating getting ready to put that final nail in the coffin only to be taken off target by some errant enemy pilot. Thanks as my kill just turned into an assist.

Anyone else want kill counts on the hulls of their starfighters? I'd like to have a few TIE fighter kill markings on my A-wing, bomb kills markings on my Y-wing and some X-wing kill markings on my TIE Interceptor.
    n6b8hc4gd62e.jpg
    xnhm3ep5a561.jpg

Would love to turn off aim assist and have vehicle customisation
  • They need to double or triple xp earned by heroes. Leveling hero ships is too much of a grind. They made a faster progression system for ga and hvv but neglected to do so in sa.
  • I don't play SWBF2 that much anymore and my Tallie is only Level 11. I only need one more level for the three basic classes to have the three epic cards I use on them. I used all of my crafting part skill points on the Hero/Villain starships.

I started by bumping up Reinforced Hull on every ship that had it and then I bumped up Tuned Lasers for every ship that had that one. I only had 17 skill points to spend plus the 3 skill points from the apology crate (I already had the emote, so I received 120 crafting parts instead of 80) and I was able to bump all of the Reinforced Hull and Tuned Laser star cards to Blue.

Because my levels are so low I'll be able to upgrade the star cards I want as I level them up and having both Reinforced Hull / Tuned Lasers at Blue will help speed up the process of leveling them up whenever I get around to it.

All of my Hero/Villain starships are below Level 20 and I have no intention of grinding to level them up at this time. The current rate of XP for the Hero/Villain starships is sub-par so I will wait until they make changes to the Hero/Villain starship XP rates.

The easiest fix, to me, would be to give the Hero/Villain starships a flat 2x XP rate (double what a normal starship gets) for them, regardless of the map they are being played on. A 3x XP rate would be good but I think that would be a little bit too fast. A 2.5x XP rate would be fair but I'd be okay with a 2x XP rate.

KC
  • @Jett_Fett_91166 I smiled when I saw that TIE Hunter... now once again I'm remembering my old Star Wars Rebel Strike days...

Ahh... those were the days...

ndl2c36amhhg.jpg
    'Mors est tantum impedimentum' - Death is only an obstacle
  • So by going by the "leaked" info on S2 it sound like we "could" be getting the Kessel Run map/mode in SA. I like what I've seen from the Solo trailers and looking forward to seeing the movie. Lets do a little speculation for Solo additions to SA.
    New SA space map and mode - Kessel Run
    New SA atmosphere map and mode - Corellia/Mimban/Kessel/Vandor? Corellia would be my choice.
    New Millennium Falcon - could be another hero ship with a Lando/L3-37 version of the Falcon or just a skin.
    New TIE Fighter/Heavy - could be a new version of the TIE or a skin.
    New atmosphere vehicle - Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes.
    What do you guys think we "could" be getting?
    Either way I'm looking forward to some new content for SA.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3766 posts Member
    So by going by the "leaked" info on S2 it sound like we "could" be getting the Kessel Run map/mode in SA. I like what I've seen from the Solo trailers and looking forward to seeing the movie. Lets do a little speculation for Solo additions to SA.
    New SA atmosphere map and mode - Corellia/Mimban/Kessel/Vandor? Corellia would be my choice.
    New Millennium Falcon - could be another hero ship with a Lando/L3-37 version of the Falcon or just a skin.

I would definitely not like getting yet another Falcon as a Hero ship when we still don't have a Delta-7
  • I would definitely not like getting yet another Falcon as a Hero ship when we still don't have a Delta-7

I understand the frustration. I'd think the Delta-7 would be released with any new CW content.

• hsf_
    1991 posts Member
    So by going by the "leaked" info on S2 it sound like we "could" be getting the Kessel Run map/mode in SA. I like what I've seen from the Solo trailers and looking forward to seeing the movie. Lets do a little speculation for Solo additions to SA.

Meh...
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    Any new maps for SA would be welcomed by me. A new objective type would be great too.

Would prefer no more Falcons, but new content is new content. The best addition would be a new Fighter or Interceptor so it could be used on all maps.

An in-atmosphere map for SA? Yes, please. :)

Unfortunately, I doubt we get anything for SA.
  • The only thing I've heard or read about was a new SA map and a skin for the Han/Chewbacca Falcon.

Adding space dust to the current maps to make them more cloudy would be pretty cool.

KC
  • izemfd4i13gd.jpeg
    TIE rb aka Heavy TIE.
    I could see this possibly being added as a reinforcement ship.
  • @Jett_Fett_91166 when i first saw that TIE in the trailer, I didn't see it right so I actually thought they were making the TIEs look like the squished looking ones from Rebels... Then i saw a pic like yours and realised it looks weird because it has a gun pod on its side so I calmed down...

It still looks weird... but at least the weird TIE shape in Rebels is purely because of the art style and not an actual TIE variant...

@Kernel_Cinders I think a map in a nebula would be interesting... god I still remember that one mission in Star Wars Rogue Leader...
    x0nrfp3av0y3.jpg
  • hsf_
    1991 posts Member
    @Jett_Fett_91166 when i first saw that TIE in the trailer, I didn't see it right so I actually thought they were making the TIEs look like the squished looking ones from Rebels... Then i saw a pic like yours and realised it looks weird because it has a gun pod on its side so I calmed down...

It still looks weird... but at least the weird TIE shape in Rebels is purely because of the art style and not an actual TIE variant...

@Kernel_Cinders I think a map in a nebula would be interesting... god I still remember that one mission in Star Wars Rogue Leader...
    x0nrfp3av0y3.jpg

You've just won Starwars with that suggestion about a nebula map, however I do have one question - should the white box around enemies be removed on it, say the nebula is interfering with the scanners or whatever?
  • UrbanGlitch
    3766 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    @Jett_Fett_91166 when i first saw that TIE in the trailer, I didn't see it right so I actually thought they were making the TIEs look like the squished looking ones from Rebels... Then i saw a pic like yours and realised it looks weird because it has a gun pod on its side so I calmed down...

x0nrfp3av0y3.jpg

You've just won Starwars with that suggestion about a nebula map, however I do have one question - should the white box around enemies be removed on it, say the nebula is interfering with the scanners or whatever?

I say yes, I would like more maps like D'Qar where they have different mechanics instead of just different shooting targets
  • hsf_
    1991 posts Member

x0nrfp3av0y3.jpg

I say yes, I would like more maps like D'Qar where they have different mechanics instead of just different shooting targets

I like this guy...
  • I agree that in a nebula the targeting system shouldn't work and torpedo/missle lock-on times would be longer.

Adding a longer refresh time for any ability that has some type of "lock-on" component would be good as well.

Darth Maul's cloak would either not work at all or only work for a very short amount of time.

There are a lot of different things that could be adjusted/removed in an SA nebula map. B)

KC
  • hsf_
    1991 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So I went onto Starfighter for the first time in about 6 days.
    x7unr92nxtqv.png
    Nice balance... It actually started off 8v4 and that's how it finished. It was like that the entire game.

Video evidence too.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

I like this guy...

Me too...
    I agree that in a nebula the targeting system shouldn't work and torpedo/missle lock-on times would be longer.

Adding a longer refresh time for any ability that has some type of "lock-on" component would be good as well.

Darth Maul's cloak would either not work at all or only work for a very short amount of time.

There are a lot of different things that could be adjusted/removed in an SA nebula map. B)

KC

You're on to something, there. I'm all up for stuff like that.
    x7unr92nxtqv.png
    Nice balance... It actually started off 8v4 and that's how it finished. It was like that the entire game.

Hmm... that's usually how my matches go in the rare case I actually play BF2 now... except for the one tiny part where I've still absolutely ravaged their team in the TIE Silencer/Scimitar/A-Wing and end up with 60 kills...

Sometimes it's not about winning, it's about sending a message... a message that says "outnumbered doesn't mean outmatched"
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I was in a lopsided match like that a while ago on Xbox One. The game started off with more players, but a lot of people dropped out very early and were never replaced. Fortunately it was Resistance Base Evacuation and my team was defending, so in the final phase there weren't as many of us to kill in the time allotted and we ended up winning.

7uv9rnsae76d.png

Note: It didn't feel right to post the names of the players on the losing end, so I crossed out their names.

Post edited by Rook008 on
  • What system are you guys playing on to get those lopsided matches? I played a bunch of SFA over the weekend and every lobby I entered (PS4) was full.

Also, I'm getting really antsy for more SFA maps. Like, REALLY antsy. Dice... please release more with the SOLO Season, but also, don't be afraid to add more SFA maps in-between seasons as well. Like, the 2015 Death Star and Scarif maps could be converted for BF2. Right? Please?
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That one was on Xbox One (I edited the post to make that clear). I usually see the lobby fill back up after players leave, but sometimes it doesn't and the lobby eventually dies due to not having enough players to start.

Also, yeah, I think most of us are pretty antsy for some new maps.
  • jonci
    1361 posts Member

x7unr92nxtqv.png

Video evidence too.

I find i am creaming kills on AI in these games due to lack of numbers, and its good for getting more missile kills if you have any outstanding, ( i only have them on hero ships now, i leveled up my fighter interceptor and bomber classes to 40 a while ago). I notice games like this tend to finish quicker so damned difficult getting those hero ships in for long. The double XP didn't help either as wasn't in long enough.
  • Billkwando
    2050 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Any new maps for SA would be welcomed by me. A new objective type would be great too.

Would prefer no more Falcons, but new content is new content. The best addition would be a new Fighter or Interceptor so it could be used on all maps.

An in-atmosphere map for SA? Yes, please. :)

Unfortunately, I doubt we get anything for SA.

I too doubt this, but I always hope™ anyway.

I just noticed you said you're on Xbox. I don't play BF2 a whole bunch lately (playing Elite Dangerous like it's going out of style), but I'm sure I could help you fill out a lobby, now and then, if you wanna send me a friend request. It's always better playing in a group where you can try to cover each other's backs (as impossible as that is with the SA icon system).

I've been playing more HvV lately, partly because it's something you can just jump in and whack at for a couple rounds for a rush........but SA is my first love and still my most played mode by far. :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    Sounds good. I'll do that next time I hop on the Xbox.
  • I’m fine with the Starfighter Assault mode that we currently have. My issue is not having enough for Starfighters.

I think there should be more modes just as there are more modes for Troopers.

Make a Heroes vs Villains Starfighter mode. If regular HvV doesn’t work for Starships, then make a mode where everyone is a hero ship with an objective.

How about a Starfighter Strike mode? Maybe this could be a mode with one objective? Such as destroy capital ships. Each side has a capital ship and the first team to take down the other, wins. So if it were Empire vs. Rebels, the Rebs would be taking down a Star Destroyer and the Imps would be taking down a Mon Cal Cruiser. They could have things like the Resistance Blockade Runner has, where we first have to knock out the shields, then the engines and finally blow the thing up. So each capital ship would have a couple areas to attack before it just blows up. (@F8RGE)
  • @Kernel_Cinders
    @Voidwalker_98
    @UrbanGlitch
    @DarthSmurfX
    @Bros_of_Battlefront
    @hsf_
    Those are some good ideas that I'd like to see in a SW game.

While I'm still looking forward to SA in Arcade, I've played these maps too many times now that the luster to play these same maps in Arcade has somewhat worn off. Are the maps going to be exactly the same or has DICE made changes to the map boundaries?
    I don't twitter or reddit but has anyone heard of any fixes coming to SA like being able to turn aim assist off?
    Would you guys purchase vehicle skins and what would be a fair price?
    How many times do you want the Kessel Run map in rotation when first released and what do you think this map and mode will be like?
    How many more SA maps do you think we'll get?

• hsf_
    1991 posts Member
    @Kernel_Cinders
    @Voidwalker_98
    @UrbanGlitch
    @DarthSmurfX
    @Bros_of_Battlefront
    @hsf_
    Those are some good ideas that I'd like to see in a SW game.

While I'm still looking forward to SA in Arcade, I've played these maps too many times now that the luster to play these same maps in Arcade has somewhat worn off. Are the maps going to be exactly the same or has DICE made changes to the map boundaries?
    I don't twitter or reddit but has anyone heard of any fixes coming to SA like being able to turn aim assist off?
    Would you guys purchase vehicle skins and what would be a fair price?
    How many times do you want the Kessel Run map in rotation when first released and what do you think this map and mode will be like?
    How many more SA maps do you think we'll get?

Coruscant and Naboo during the clone wars era. Although with Naboo, you're probably best off using the campaign version, as Fondor is basically Naboo's fight, without the N-1's ¬_¬

• I think for the first time since I got the game (December) I find myself not wanting to bother playing SFA. It's a multitude of factors including the lack of content, no new maps or ships, still no bug fixes e.g. the awful collision detection, no skins to grind for. I'm also put off grinding to level my hero ships because the DICE employee has mentioned they are looking at making the levelling process easier. Why waste my time grinding maps I've played a thousand times if they halve (or better) the requirements?

SFA is in a bad place for me. Nothing SFA related in the 1st part of the Solo season is a big disappointment. Adding it to Arcade is meaningless to me. It's the same maps all over again but for no XP. There better be some content in June.