criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season

Replies

• flcnrelic
    112 posts Member
    leaker said it was supposed to be that way. but its always balanced. u stomp u get stompped

This is not always the case. This past couples of weeks has been horrible. Our team's top 5 get 10 or less with the other team's top 5 get 30-60s. Way unbalanced!
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission
    It’s also time that we welcome the very first Legendary Appearance into Star Wars Battlefront II, and it’s one we’ve seen mentioned quite a bit. The Legendary Appearance will go to Leia and will come in the form of her iconic Boushh outfit from Star Wars™: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi™.

As this is a Legendary Appearance, it’s not just her look that’s changed, while dressed in her Boushh appearance Leia will use a speech scrambler to speak Ubese.

We’ve got more Appearances planned, so spend your time wisely and make sure you’re doing your Daily Challenges to save up your credits. June is going to be quite…Legendary.

There's a lot to like in this news, and a few questions that I have (for example, is Starfighter Assault Arcade also available in Co-Op?), but having just read this I have to immediately address one point - "Legendary" appearance Leia in Boushh disguise.

With an Appearance that's probably going to be 60,000 credits or more, just having it be another skin that speaks gibberish is really not worth the price of admission when you consider what you're leaving out. Leia "Boushh" needs to come with a new ability - specially and exclusively, the Thermal Detonator. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't even have the term "Thermal Detonator". It wouldn't even be in your game and none of us would ever know of its existence if she didn't threaten Jabba she was going to blow his whole palace sky high with one.

I know you want Appearances to be just that, an appearance, so this may stray out of that realm, but I think you're gonna have to suck it up everyone; both Dice and players alike. Leia "Boushh" without a Thermal Detonator might as well just be her as "Medea Boushh" - pointless.

I'm fine if the Thermal Detonator is exclusively locked to this Appearance for Leia, and personally, I think that it should be an additionally ability at the bottom of the ability "diamond", like how Boba Fett's jet pack works via the L2 button (PS4 player here), or the Trooper's pick-up of Barrage or Homing Missile is accessible via the D-Pad. However, you could always just have it replace her pretty useless Flash Grenade.

The other, less elegant option in my opinion, would be to give her a new Star Card that unlocks the ability for her, perhaps that can only be exclusively used when she's in Boushh disguise. I would make her Thermal Detonator more powerful that the standard one in the game, though; especially if you go this route. If it's a Star Card, you can build up to that via the Skill Point level unlocks. Clearly she had a handful of boom as everyone in Jabba's Palace was freaked she was going to blow up the entire place with something far more powerful than the Thermal Detonator that currently exists in the game.

So, to hop universes here for a second, @F8RGE and EA/Dice, Make it so! ;)

hh8n6crfb97u.jpg

PS - I would humbly suggest that you also find ways to make your future Legendary Appearances just that, Legendary, by giving them something new for the character's loadout. (side note - please don't make not-Han "Legendary". There's nothing legendary about a guy who looks more like a young Benicio del Toro than Harrison Ford in a film that takes place 10 years or less before A New Hope. :P) I am looking forward to the "Solo" Millennium Falcon Appearance, though. :)

If Starfighter Custom Arcade doesn't already have split screen, it NEEDS it.

I know that the Star Wars Battlefront (2015) “Fighter Squadron” Skirmish did have the ability to do split screen so I’m pretty positive you can for the sequel.

Plus I was in Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) menus and I went to settings and low and behold what did I find? You wouldn’t believe it...they have now the option to play split screen ether vertical or horizontal. So crazy cool. Thank you so much DICE for listen to the needs of the fans, your the greatest. B) Soooooo I’m pretty positive you’ll get your dream come true ELIMELECH0401.

Chin up. :)

I was thinking it would; however, when the other user asked about it. I became slightly concerned the devs might have dropped split screen for Arcade's larger modesin order for the mode to run smoother. IMO, if the devs have to drop something for the game to run smoother, I would rather they lower the graphics in the split screen mode and keep the split screen. You pointing out last games FS took away that slight concern, thanks.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • mandalorj wrote: »

The May 7th is significant b/c of the posters track record, that being said, you do realize EA controls Dice right? Splitting profits? DICE is part of EA, this isn't some project partnership. If EA decides it is no longer profitable, they will pull funding and man power off the project like they have already done, haven't you seen what has already been happening? EA is ultimately the one in control not Dice.

Dang.
    Pretty sure the Tantive IV just got blown up by Vader, and the plans were recovered. Or last hope is gone.
    Dang it.

I don't think our last hope is not gone. I think EA is going to be watching this summer to see if it the game is profitable. If the crystals sell well EA will stay on the project.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • il96
    584 posts Member
    mandalorj wrote: »
    Even Starwars HQ is showcasing the brilliance of the pc mod community, how sad is that. I bought the wrong version I could be playing conquest right now...

what the heck did I watch, GA on Takadona? did you just successfully click bait me (didn't have sound on)
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Zepheon wrote: »
    Tigzee wrote: »
    Great stuff! In fairness there is a LOT to be offered in the SOLO Season. AND Ewok Hunt will apparently be a permanent fixture under Blast? Great. I like the look of the new Holograms in the still images...wondering how that will work animated. Can't wait for all this on 16th and hey..... SOLO movie out on 25th! A lot of fun ahead....saving credits like crazy as the bugs in the May 4th weekend did not help me get many double points or credits. Yesterday had a lot of rubber-banding in the lobby for Strike. Anyone notice that? All good though... love this game :)

Apparently, the second part is going to be quite legendary.

No it isn’t. You’re just another naïve fanboy still in denial. Give up. The game is dying. EA have ruined another beloved franchise - as they do. Do not sit here and defend them.
    There's still a little hope, EA wants to see if the game is profitable, the only way that happens at this point is if people buy the skins that will be coming. I personally think they should release more than 2-4 at a time to make money but honestly I would rather have full maps with vehicles in arcade, split screen co-op and the ability to maybe not go so far as private matches but at least squad up with my friends.

I think the second part being "legendary" means a lot of skins in June, most of them legendary. I would love the full maps with vehicles in arcade and split screen co-op. I hope they add hero AI to that list as well. Mandalorj, you are right about EA wanting to see if the game is profitable. If they deem it is, I think there will be plenty added to Arcade. That is why I hope crystals sell really well.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1421 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Even Starwars HQ is showcasing the brilliance of the pc mod community, how sad is that. I bought the wrong version I could be playing conquest right now...

Have the mods done split screen?
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    Trying to be different is what got them in this mess, and restricting access to a game's content behind the wall of multiplayer is NOT innovative at all, it is manipulative and greedy. You can be innovative without sacrificing what works. I feel if they turned the Galactic assault into some form of online Galactic conquest that was sorted by era where planets could be contested and taken back and forth, that would be insane fun and you wouldn't be able to drag people off multiplayer. Sell consumable buffs that could be earned as well and skins that could be earned or purchased and there's your money maker. By giving players the choice of era in that particular game mode, there's your continuous market research that will tell you what to focus on as far as DLC is concerned.

They should also put the mode you described in Arcade.
  • Release notes look good ... in practice ... well ... we shall see!
  • MonkofWar4 wrote: »
    Ecstatic to hear that Starfighter Arcade will be a reality.

We've got common, Rare, Epic and soon to arrive Legendary skins. Why no 'Uncommon' ones if they're following Star Card commonality conventions?

Ecstatic as well.

To me, rare is by definition uncommon.

It will be awesome and it's happening tomorrow, yeah!
  • shhnuhgrr
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Release notes look good ... in practice ... well ... we shall see!

looks like alot of fun!
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »

what the heck did I watch, GA on Takadona? did you just successfully click bait me (didn't have sound on)

XD dude you definitely need the sound on to understand.
  • Seriously? What a major disappointment. This is all just recycled gameplay anyway from old games.

How does EA get off not offering any new Heroes/Villains with this update? What are they even spending their time on?

I really don't understand; fans of this game have ALL been asking for the same thing since its release, and EA turns around and gives us the exact opposite. This is why this game is failing. They spent all their times on completely pointless progression updates and useless game modes like Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo. It's honestly just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact that

I'd also like to address the rumors that EA is planning to abandon Battlefront 2 as a flop. IF YOU JUST GAVE US CLONE WARS CONTENT IT WOULD LITERALLY SAVE THIS GAME. I don't know what's so hard for EA to understand about this. I also heard that EA has a policy to actively ignore ALL social media commentary, which is ridiculous, because those are the people who are telling them exactly what's wrong with their game.

I need to know two things from EA, and I need only a yes or no answer, not some beat-around-the-push, publicist answer:

1. Are we EVER going to get the Clone Wars content we've been promised for months and months?
    2. Are we EVER even going to get new, playable characters?

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with this "Solo Season." I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I really hope EA starts to actually listen and gets its life together before they just throw this game out the window.
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m digging the revamped progression system and the amount of content far surpasses Battlefront2015, but there’s still so many issues with this game that aren’t being addressed.

Match-making is the weakest point of the game. I haven’t had fun playing this game in a month, mainly because every game I join is a slaughter. The losing team always has people drop and their replacements get sent into a losing battle. I’d rather have this issue addressed than have new hero skins
    shhnuhgrr wrote: »
    I’m digging the revamped progression system and the amount of content far surpasses Battlefront2015, but there’s still so many issues with this game that aren’t being addressed.

Match-making is the weakest point of the game. I haven’t had fun playing this game in a month, mainly because every game I join is a slaughter. The losing team always has people drop and their replacements get sent into a losing battle. I’d rather have this issue addressed than have new hero skins

leaker said it was supposed to be that way. but its always balanced. u stomp u get stompped

Yeah I saw that Youtube video too, I check out all the latest Star Wars Battlefront 2 news literally every day. Not sure what to think of that perticular claim though. I wish a representive from DICE would confirm or deny that claim.

Back on topic: Almost there...the Han Solo season part one will be here tomorrow Wednesday, May 16th, 2018.

Battlefront Updates Discusses the New Patch Notes Coming For SWBF2 Han Solo Season (part one) Heroes and Villains (buffs and nerfs):

Star Wars HQ Discusses the New Patch Notes Coming For SWBF2 Han Solo Season (part one) Heroes and Villains (buffs and nerfs):

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I expect with they fixed the bug of trophy rank 50. ;/
  • MaceBendu wrote: »
    Seriously? What a major disappointment. This is all just recycled gameplay anyway from old games.

How does EA get off not offering any new Heroes/Villains with this update? What are they even spending their time on?

I really don't understand; fans of this game have ALL been asking for the same thing since its release, and EA turns around and gives us the exact opposite. This is why this game is failing. They spent all their times on completely pointless progression updates and useless game modes like Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo. It's honestly just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact that

I'd also like to address the rumors that EA is planning to abandon Battlefront 2 as a flop. IF YOU JUST GAVE US CLONE WARS CONTENT IT WOULD LITERALLY SAVE THIS GAME. I don't know what's so hard for EA to understand about this. I also heard that EA has a policy to actively ignore ALL social media commentary, which is ridiculous, because those are the people who are telling them exactly what's wrong with their game.

I need to know two things from EA, and I need only a yes or no answer, not some beat-around-the-push, publicist answer:

1. Are we EVER going to get the Clone Wars content we've been promised for months and months?
    2. Are we EVER even going to get new, playable characters?

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with this "Solo Season." I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I really hope EA starts to actually listen and gets its life together before they just throw this game out the window.

I think BF1 and SWBF2 are tests to study players behaviours to do a better game in the future.

They know they failed and are now just testing things for a future profit in another launch.
  • vidic1
    17 posts Member
    I have some emotes on certain characters that don't work at all such as Leia bossk and boba fett will this patch fix these issues? Because if not I have no reason to buy the Leia skin since I can't use the emotes.
  • what time does this update go live
  • So I have to say that I am really bummed but not 100% surprised there is no post here about the new season starting tomorrow. A GOOD company would have every bit of it's forward facing media trying to engage it's current customers, excite them, TEASE them with a screen shot, a blurred image, ANYTHING. Instead there is nothing on this page and I am disappointed.

What is everyone thinking they will play first tomorrow? I do not have anything specific, as 5am PST almost no one is playing. Maybe the new Hero's mode, but other games have the same thing so it's not exciting. I do really want to play the new map but I hope they do not put it into rotation like they did Crait as that was every other map and it became so irritating. I really do wish there was going to be 2 land and two space maps as what there is feels so played out.

Well, waking up early to download and install the update, then up at 5 to see if there is any fuss or muss. Have a great evening everyone.
  • So I have to say that I am really bummed but not 100% surprised there is no post here about the new season starting tomorrow. A GOOD company would have every bit of it's forward facing media trying to engage it's current customers, excite them, TEASE them with a screen shot, a blurred image, ANYTHING. Instead there is nothing on this page and I am disappointed.

What is everyone thinking they will play first tomorrow? I do not have anything specific, as 5am PST almost no one is playing. Maybe the new Hero's mode, but other games have the same thing so it's not exciting. I do really want to play the new map but I hope they do not put it into rotation like they did Crait as that was every other map and it became so irritating. I really do wish there was going to be 2 land and two space maps as what there is feels so played out.

Well, waking up early to download and install the update, then up at 5 to see if there is any fuss or muss. Have a great evening everyone.

There is a post about it. It includes the patch notes ahead of time which is kinda surprising, but cool.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/110066/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-han-solo-season-update#latest
  • Mjrask
    57 posts Member
    There are some good things I’m seeing in this. THANK GOD they are buffing Leia. And also it’s great they’re fixing Luke and the orbital strike
  • dt2xr9lisqrq.jpg
    come to me
  • Jug
    184 posts Member
    Kevievds wrote: »
    Mark my words, we won't get any new heroes at all in season 2!!

To be honest, I'd rather this season didn't have new heroes. I'd rather they put in extra heroes in the Clone Wars related season. They are way more iconic than anything that the Solo movie will have, and there is a huge demand for them.

Agreed
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Mjrask wrote: »
    There are some good things I’m seeing in this. THANK GOD they are buffing Leia. And also it’s great they’re fixing Luke and the orbital strike

I'm curious. Did you not read the full patch notes? They are not buffing Leia, They are nerfing her.
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    nerfing buffing,

let us wait and see how things come out.... not too long from now
  • CT7511
    4 posts Member
    When will it drop? I have 5 hours left, before going to work. Worth waiting?
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    reckon, from looking at past downloads, it will be ready for you after work. going be a large download possibly

Starfighter Custom Arcade for me.
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    ea servers down.... prep for update! ya think?
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    @BenWalke, confirmed......

Ben Walke
    ‏Verified account @BenWalke
    4m4 minutes ago

Downtime is starting
    0 replies 1 retweet 6 likes
    Show this thread
    Ben Walke
    9m9 minutes ago

Estimated patch sizes:

* PC 6GB
    * Xbox One 6GB
    * PS4 14GB
    8 replies 3 retweets 9 likes
    Show this thread
    Ben Walke
    13m13 minutes ago

Update deployment day for Star Wars Battlefront II. At 10am CEST we'll be conducting a brief bit of server maintenance, this will take approximately 30minutes to complete. We'll begin the update release at the same time.
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    more teasers available on twitter
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    season 2
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    ocbkcfdx8qfg.png

b3naho8x7fmm.png

seaason 2
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    austinnz wrote: »
    Ben Walke, confirmed......

4 min, 4 sec ago

Downtime is starting

Estimated patch sizes:

* PC 6GB
    * Xbox One 6GB
    * PS4 14GB

Update deployment day for Star Wars Battlefront II. At 10am CEST we'll be conducting a brief bit of server maintenance, this will take approximately 30minutes to complete. We'll begin the update release at the same time.

b3naho8x7fmm.png

More teasers available on twitter

Okay sooooo at 02:43 am after the downtime I did notice one difference. Now when we are selecting our weapons we are able to spin the weapon horizontally 360 degrees. Other than that I’m not noticing any other major changes yet. Perhaps it arrives latter today.

CEST = Central European Summer Time

10 am CEST = 1 am PST (Pacific Standard Time) Wednesday

Well here it is the new “Hero Showdown” (2 vs 2) game mode footage:

———————————————————————————————————-

Here is the new Space Offline game mode Types:

(1.) Starfighter Team Battle (Starfighter Team Blast)
    (2.) Starfighter Onslaught

Offline Maps for Space Battles:
    (1.) D’Qar
    (2.) Ryloth
    (3.) Unknown Regions
    (4.) Kamino
    (5.) Fondor
    (6.) Endor

Here is footage of the new Offline Starfighter game mode:

————————————————————————————————————

The new map “Jabba’s Palace” [from the SWBF (2015) Outer Rim DLC] now available Offline. Footage of that map and the new cool menus. Plus Leia’s and London’s cool new skins.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    740 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Lots of good stuff in the patch notes. Can't wait to give this update a go! :smiley:
    "All wings report in."
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    14GB PS4; i got a 4 hour download time at the moment.... time to go see Deadpool 2
  • Just finished downloading and installing the update (PC). Time to take this bad boy for a spin!
    "All wings report in."
  • PietSev
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    XBOX ONE... GAME IS ONLINE... BUT THERE IS NO UPDATE XD nz9yypjszv24.jpg
  • Same issue as PietSev, it's been 2 hours since the 10am CEST time frame and there is no XBox update. What's up?
  • pipkinn wrote: »
    Same issue as PietSev, it's been 2 hours since the 10am CEST time frame and there is no XBox update. What's up?

Yeah I’m in the USA on X-Box One too but so far the Solo Season (part one) download has not yet hit.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I restarted my XBox 1 and went to the update section and the update was there and Im downloading now
  • pipkinn wrote: »
    Same issue as PietSev, it's been 2 hours since the 10am CEST time frame and there is no XBox update. What's up?

Yeah I’m in the USA on X-Box One too but so far the Solo Season (part one) download has not yet hit.

I found an update from the dev on reddit....looks like it should it about now and the update says to reboot the X-Box if it doesn't appear right away. I'm trying it now...

Starts at 10am CEST, will be approximately 30minutes of downtime while we prepare the deployments.

Estimated patch sizes:

PC 6GB
    Xbox One 6GB
    PS4 14GB
    Will update this thread throughout the process.

Updates

10:02am PC patch is available.
    10:00 Downtime is starting.
    10:32 Downtime extended by an estimated 15 minutes
    10:46 PS4 patch being published
    10:48 We are bringing the servers online
    10:51 We've confirmed PC connectivity. If you have the update you should be able to play online
    10:59 PS4 Update should be live across all regions
    11:30 Things are progression as planned. Xbox will be released once we are happy with PS4
    11:51 Preparing the Xbox patch, should be live in 10-15mins
    12:09 Xbox One update is live. Restart your console if you don't see it.
    Starfighter Arcade Menu:

Menu Thumbnails:

Timed Challenges:

Other

Leia Boushh costs 80k credits as an FYI
    Hero Showdown map rotation:
  • Just did a full shutdown and restart. The update is live, 5.63 GB.
  • I've been having 2 glitches.

The sound sometimes sounds as if a mini-jack isn't well plugged (cuts on and off rapidly as if scratching).

At the end of a round, no data accessible on it in 2v2 HvV because the match is over...
  • Hribs89
    15 posts Member
    Well my problem still won’t be fixed where every time I launch the game the user agreement policy pops up . Ugh. ?
  • So, no actual content then? Just fixing the broken mess from the greed of the scum at EA and DICE? 5 months in and just some old maps from the OG game. 2 absolute crap Characters nobody with any sense wanted or cared about and that awful Craite map.
    I would say you should feel ashamed, but we have established how repugnant the people who work for you are.

Still never buying an EA game again. You repulsive, scheming, underhand, liars and charlatans.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    So, no actual content then? Just fixing the broken mess from the greed of the scum at EA and DICE? 5 months in and just some old maps from the OG game. 2 absolute **** Characters nobody with any sense wanted or cared about and that awful Craite map.
    I would say you should feel ashamed, but we have established how repugnant the people who work for you are.

Still never buying an EA game again. You repulsive, scheming, underhand, liars and charlatans.

Lol. You must have just got the old update. Crait has been in for months now and so have the 2 new characters.
  • Rook008
    851 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    "Joining Starfighter Assault on Ryloth" That was a nice addition.
    But I get this at the end of the round, even after quitting the lobby and joining a new one:

Edit: Restarting the game seems to clear the error, or it could be a coincidence. In any case, I haven't seen the error in a while. And the progress gained was correctly attributed to the classes I played as.

xxci42tp3fuz.png

Post edited by Rook008 on
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    em.... so so. June update better impress!

Solo interesting content. i woulf like see Rogue's Scarif.... could be amazing

• mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    Looking forward to star fighter in arcade mode when I get home. Can we talk about how gorgeous the menu's are now? The new menu's are the highlight of this update. I've had more fun watching everyone's opening animation than I had in the new game mode, which is way too short. Why didn't they just make you select a new hero from the roster once you die? The loading screens legitimately last longer than the matches I played.
  • I will never buy another EA game ever. Looking forward to other Disney or Dice games. Bye. Forever bye. Last post. Bye. Bye now.
This discussion has been closed.