criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Bringing back "dis-likes" to the forum?

Why was it removed in the 1st place?
I feel like most people don't like to voice their opinions due to the personal insults and belittling that can happen on here. So why not bring back a way for the silent majority to participate with out having to be put in a position of being ridiculed?
I thought it was an excellent metric for the true communities thoughts.

What do you think?

Replies

• bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    I support bringing back the dislike wars.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I feel like most people don't like to voice their opinions due to the personal insults and belittling that can happen on here. So why not bring back a way for the silent majority to participate with out having to be put in a position of being ridiculed?

What do you think?

The "silent majority" abused it.
    No
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Yeah no.
    Psn: Jello770
  • F03hammer wrote: »

What do you think?

No

I saw it "abused" once, and that seemed to be a community joke.

One vote, one person.. how was it being abused?
  • F03hammer
    F03hammer wrote: »

What do you think?

No

People found a way to script around that and spammed accounts with dislikes in personal vendettas

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    People abused it - that’s why it was abused
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Blinker wrote: »
    Yea no. If they can't type it why give them an easy option
    Yea if you wanna disagree then voice your opinion.

The agree is a replacement for +1 or reposting their comment.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

What do you think?

Dislike
  • Jhereg_Faux
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2018

What do you think?

No

People found a way to script around that and spammed accounts with dislikes in personal vendettas

Thread if you have one, I'd like to read about this?
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

What do you think?

No

Here ya go. Explanations/Reasons can all be found within that very thread. Have a wonderful day.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/937445/#Comment_937445
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer

What do you think?

No

It started from here:
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    To confirm what's already been said: we're testing forum functionality. You might see stuff appear, or disappear.. :)

For dramatic effect.. I agreed with my own comment.

Mods abusing their power already! They can like their own post but we members cannot do the same to our posts! LOL :D
    (I’m glad we cannot like our own posts, though, because it’s quite obvious that we typically like what we say)

I agree. Which makes this a double agree - mind blown?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11627 posts Member

Yup. I remember quoting the mod that day like it was yesterday. Man we’ve been here for years dude! :blush:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer

Yup. I remember quoting the mod that day like it was yesterday. Man we’ve been here for years dude! :blush:

Feels
    like it

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Jhereg_Faux
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i

What do you think?

No

Here ya go. Explanations/Reasons can all be found within that very thread. Have a wonderful day.

Thanks for posting, but I didn't see any facts in the threads you sent... mostly opinions and derailing chatter from the posters that were getting the most dis-likes it seemed.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i

What do you think?

No

Thanks for posting, but I didn't see any facts in the threads you sent... mostly opinions and derailing chatter.

Direct Quote from the Mod @XXXO77O4906 on February 22nd:

“Here is the thing on this subject, while yes to those who argue on the metric side of things that without a disagree you cant 100% see how the community feels on a post, with the short term test we did the disagree got abused to the point of useless.
    What was it used on the most for the time it was on you wonder? To downvote any members history you dont particularly like (sometimes full history of thousands of posts for those who really hold a grudge), to troll people, to group harass, to stack statistics either for joking/harassing/trolling, to specifically target forum staff such as devs, CMs, mods.... anyone with a different rank then member really on any post they made, out of spite for many reasons, out of revenge should your post get a downvote, to spark conflict out of no where.......................
    And that is the small version. In basics it was abused way too much and would have caused way too many bans if we tried to moderate it and while yes, we can control reactions of others to lower the abuse it must be done one at a time and for thousands of posts that is too much time consuming.
    We did remove the visibility for normal users to see who gave you something to limit revenge wars but the offending party either bragged or you started to shoot blindly. In other words the abuse and complaints were just way too high for us not to remove it.
    This was a debatable subject internally as well. My personal predictions were just what happened but we decided to give you guys a chance and sadly you failed to control yourselves. This of course does not mean we will stick with only "Like" button. Changes will happen as time goes by and we may try and add other options too or make completely new changes but for now "negative reactions" are not on the table. We are open to suggestions and you can drop those if you what but for now no negative reactions sadly.” - “XXX07704906“

I hope that will Suffice.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    Direct Quote from the Mod @XXXO77O4906 :
    “Here is the thing on this subject, while yes to those who argue on the metric side of things that without a disagree you cant 100% see how the community feels on a post, with the short term test we did the disagree got abused to the point of useless.

True, but was funny to watch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Direct Quote from the Mod @XXXO77O4906 :

True, but was funny to watch.

Indeed lol.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• IIPrest0nII
    4598 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I moved the topic to Off-topic section. Sorry, but Dislike option won't be returned to the forums due to abusing this option. Unfortunately, people don't know how to use it or they use it for other purposes, mostly bad purposes.

More explanations are posted above.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • I moved the topic to Off-topic section. Sorry, but Dislike option won't be returned to the forums due to abusing this option. Unfortunately, people don't know how to use it or they use it for other purposes, mostly bad purposes.

More explanations are posted above.

I find a "dis-like" vote a lot less toxic and abusing than what can come out of the mouths of people on this forum.