criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Rumors of Battlefront 2's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

2

Replies

  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m being serious when I say what we’ve seen from Reddit and read there as well, does Not Qualify as Evidence of the Leaker being a Dice Employee.

    You think it does, I think it doesn’t, that’s fine.

    Agree to disagree.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    Yes let's believe a leak by some random person on reddit. Tf.
    dvsmwxta5wal.jpg
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Toddyrocket
    2445 posts Member
    I love the game
    I love Starwars
    The player base and people on the forum are shrinking
    I'm not a glass half full or half empty type of person
    I'm a realists half a glass
    This game needs a major reboot to get the large number of people back that left
    Unfortunately it won't happen because people allways want new and fresh ideas in games
    This game had the potential to be the best but the company's stuffed it up
    They should learn from there mistakes
    Keep bringing in maps and content from bf 2015 and hold off as long as you can

    There's know way around it they need to bring out a new fresh and out standing game
    With new and improved tested modes
    The game that we as a majority want to play
    Dice you were so close
    But dropped the ball instead of keeping on running

    But as i said
    To get the numbers back there has to be a major reboot (New Game)
    I love the game
    But it has to be tough love

    BF3
    Ps Dice/Ea
    Learn from your mistakes
  • Toddyrocket
    2445 posts Member
    Sorry
    1 more thing
    I do love the game and will continue to play it with my family
    But a great many of my friends have moved on
    The game will go on and get more content which is great
    But sadly people only want new games and when they buy them you have to keep them
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    I want to see an ID badge from that Poster for the Entrance to the Building, a picture of him while working, a Photo of him Holding his own ID badge, and I want to sit down and have coffee with him for 30 minutes. That is evidence to Me.

    “Make it so”.

    Obviously if the employee did that, he/she would not have a job and would be terminated, because Devs are not allowed to talk to us.

    Literally everything said in that announcement was said in the leak days prior. All the maps, all the game modes, all the skins and even a screenshot of Leia's boushh outfit which is VERY convincing and hard to dispute.

    What more do you want?

    Evidence.

    You literally have a mountain of circumstantial evidence and in game pictures of the Boushh outfit.

    If this was in a court room all that circumstantial evidence that we have would be enough to convince a jury it was true, not sure why you continue to ignore the reality of such.

    God bless you though. You're like Episode IV A New Hope, but in the flesh.

    At some time, you have to agree that all he had was a cropped screenshot from the current build of the game. This is all the "hard" evidence for the leaker. Even then, he might have had acces to the game, played it or somebody he knew gave him the screenshot. We know nothing about how he got that. Keep in mind he also mentioned we'd be getting a RACING mode (which we don't have) and a HERO SHIP mode (which we don't have either). Sure, the second one seems plausible due to the new Heroes and Villains section that has a nice slot for it (why even create a section only for two modes?). But, the racing one?

    Also, I think you are mistaking random reddit users. The one that gave us the screenshot is the one that more or less said what we had with this last update and also overpromised stuff that has not yet been released. He NEVER claimed to be a DICE employee. The one that claimed to have worked for EA (not DICE, by the way), was another user that deleted most of his posts and his account afterwards. Do not mix them up. You can check old posts in the forum to see that. There was also another leaker (which promised skins and was debunked by Ben) and maybe another one before which was also debunked.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Batman20
    2102 posts Member
    I agree it isn't as dead as people make it out to be but the lack of content doesn't fill me with confidence that this game will be fine in the long run
  • Skowsa
    328 posts Member
    All those people still holding on to hope. God bless you.

    Look at what happened to Andromeda though, that game was thrown in the can and wasn't even giving an opportunity to get fixed or improved. Battlefield V and Anthem are two bigger priorities.

    EA isn't going to spend much resources on fixing or improving this game that much. People think this game is dead not because of some youtuber, but because of someone from Dice leaked INFO and proved they were a real dev, not long after said reddit leak everything that was mentioned in the leak was reaffirmed by a BF2 announcement.

    But... God bless all you people that still think this game will be a good game eventually. God bless ya.

    He blesses me every day of my life.

    True story, brother.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited May 2018
    ta7ekaxqtkpw.png
    Shhhh
    Post edited by F03hammer on
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    F03hammer wrote: »
    ta7ekaxqtkpw.png
    Shhhh
    m3maia0ee7r6.gif

    Post edited by Dash on
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Skowsa
    328 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • ryanjk
    558 posts Member
    What's with all the removed posts here?
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    508 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Re-removed
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    ryanjk wrote: »
    What's with all the removed posts here?

    “Conspiracy Theorist” are around! :neutral:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    All those people still holding on to hope. God bless you.

    Look at what happened to Andromeda though, that game was thrown in the can and wasn't even giving an opportunity to get fixed or improved. Battlefield V and Anthem are two bigger priorities.

    EA isn't going to spend much resources on fixing or improving this game that much. People think this game is dead not because of some youtuber, but because of someone from Dice leaked INFO and proved they were a real dev, not long after said reddit leak everything that was mentioned in the leak was reaffirmed by a BF2 announcement.

    But... God bless all you people that still think this game will be a good game eventually. God bless ya.

    I don’t recall seeing “proof” of the “leaker” being an actual “Dice Employee”.

    Also, if the Dev team was Truly “Small”, wouldn’t he have outed himself!? Only so many people could be privy to that information 3+ months ahead of schedule, especially on such a “small” Development team. 100% dude is friends with a Hero Designer that does Skins. End of story. Because I’ll tell you one thing, he Definitely ain’t an EA PlayTester or Game Changer.

    Do me a favor, go find the “Leaker”, and have him Face time me. I’d love to hear all about it.

    It’s the internet, “Everything’s True, Until it’s Not.”

    The "leaker" proved it was a Dice employee by giving us a screenshot of the new Leia skin....

    Which was reaffirmed with Dice announcement which came DAYS after leak. The exact same



    Ahahahaha, you should take your definition of what constitutes incontrovertible proof all the way to the Supreme Court... I am sure they would love it there, would make their jobs so much easier!
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    Those responsible for removing those who have been removed have been sacked.
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    Ah Monty python references make life worth living
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You forgot one thing....EA has a history...Its not very good, and isn't going to get any better. This isn't the first, and wont be the last game they ruin.

    "Maybe." - DJ

    The proof will definitely be in the pudding, as they say.
    deadbydawn wrote: »
    Great post @Indiana_Jim! Occam's razor is a wonderful thinking tool.

    It is my favorite, and one I try to use every day!
    From an investment standpoint, I disagree with you. The success of upcoming releases, such as Battlefield V and Anthem, is far more important.

    Well I definitely agree that those are more important, but the biggest factor is the profile of the license holders. Dropping support of your own title, sure, fine. Dropping support of a title for someone else's IP, five years into what is believed to be a ten-year licensing agreement, and you only have one other pending title, that doesn't bode well for keeping the license. Mismanaging such a high-profile licensed property would be bad news.
    PC Version

    This game is far from dead but I can say that the PC population has declined over the last three months.

    However, historically May & June is a slow time for online gaming due to RL things like finals and graduations.

    By late June the PC population should increase a bit, but with all of the new games coming out . . .

    Clone Wars will definitely bring some of the old players back if and when that happens.

    I am cautiously optimistic that the overall game will improve with bug fixes and additional content.

    I don't disagree there. PC players are a different animal from consoles, though. I think console players are quicker to come back. It all depends on exactly what new content comes out.
    Patience may be a virtue, but there is a limit of said patience dependent on the individual.

    I have always considered myself to be a patient and tolerant person, but there are times when I can only tolerate so much before deciding enough is enough.

    I'm feeling the same way, man. The benefit of the doubt only lasts to the reveal of Season 3 for me.
    Yea, they wouldn’t have redone the progression system if they weren’t gonna continue this game. Glad there's some people that actually look at the facts and don’t believe the leaks by comic book guy.

    Well actually...
    I pulled over from driving a moment to type the Nerdiest “I Love you for being Real” Comment/Reply.

    @Indiana_Jim , Love you for being Real. <3

    That is all. Back to driving to Longhorn! :sunglasses:

    #TheFoodThereIsGoodAF

    Aw, shucks, Dash! *sniff* So much love.... ;-)
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Thank you @Indiana_Jim. We need some hope on this galaxy
    Hope restored.
    Sweet! Well it's better to hope than not to.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    My counter would be that this is not purely a monetary return on investment proposition for EA as they are likely contractually obligated by Disney to provide (X) amount of support for the licensed IP... additionally if EA intends to attempt to retain the Star Wars IP license in the future, they cannot abandon support for this game without hurting their chances with Disney going forward when it is time to bid for the new contract.

    The amount of support from EA is irrelevant to Disney/Lucasfilm's perspective. The question is whether or not you can produce a profitable product that doesn't damage the Star Wars brand. Aside from Star Wars Galaxies and a few other mobile titles, they've produced only two Star Wars games: Battlefront 1 and 2. Typically when you license the copyright to a derivative work, you pay the license fee and that's it as far as what the license-holder makes from you. Usually there are not dividends related to that, but that all depends on how the licensing agreement is negotiated. They could have just released the games and called it a day and remained profitable.

    The real problem is that they pitched this MTX model and tried to show how much they could make with their live scam--er... "service"... and that blew up in their faces. So they are publicly touting this live service model and their desire and ability to listen to their gaming communities. They don't want to lose the license once it's up.

    Back in February, Cinelinx reported: "I've had a couple sources reach out to me about the current state of Star Wars gaming. According to them, Disney/LFL higher ups pulled EA to the "principal's office" to talk about what's going wrong (which is what others have reported as well). Moreso, they've apparently reached out to both Ubisoft and Activision about developing Star Wars games."

    So five years in, two Battlefront games, Visceral shut down and a title canceled? You bet your a$$ EA is not interested in "abandoning" a Star Wars title with all this going on!
    Being contractually obligated to release DLCs doesn't mean that EA will put in enough resources to turn this game around

    That's the question. What is "enough"? I don't disagree with you. It may not be enough to turn it around, which also begs the question: define "turned around".
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I agree with most things you said. The game is nowhere near dead and I still get enjoyment out of it. BUT I do feel that the live service element is/has been pretty poor so far. Having an automated daily challenge does not count as a live service to me. I am not expecting the world but there should be more things to actually produce a live service. Not necessarily content as that takes time to make, but things like community events etc. Things that actually bring devs/staff closer to the community for a more enjoyable experience. Whislt I am happy more challenges have come with this season (some bugged though, or not put across well), I would still like more community active things. Season 1 did that well in the choose a side stuff. That felt well involved.

    Well said there. I agree, too. The "live service" has been very little "service." Hopefully that does get turned around. The Season 1 community events were way more interesting and kept more people involved.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Like I say, I enjoy the game but I won't just have blind faith in it either. There is areas where there has been justified criticism. The game is good, very good at points, but could have been so much more. I'm hopeful additions bring it to a great level.

    I also don't think we will see a BF3 anytime soon. Obviously the Respawn game is being touted for 2019 and from what I have heard EAs contract runs to 2020. So hoping for at least a couple of years of support here. Also, the furor that surrounded this game would hurt sales (probably not substantially, but would have a minor impact) for the next if they were released once every 2 years.

    We only know it's a multi-year deal, I don't think we know the exact details because they were not disclosed. I've heard as much as ten years speculated. Could be more. But they've put out precious few games. It doesn't look good.
  • All those people still holding on to hope. God bless you.

    Look at what happened to Andromeda though, that game was thrown in the can and wasn't even giving an opportunity to get fixed or improved. Battlefield V and Anthem are two bigger priorities.

    EA isn't going to spend much resources on fixing or improving this game that much. People think this game is dead not because of some youtuber, but because of someone from Dice leaked INFO and proved they were a real dev, not long after said reddit leak everything that was mentioned in the leak was reaffirmed by a BF2 announcement.

    But... God bless all you people that still think this game will be a good game eventually. God bless ya.

    He blesses me every day of my life.

    Children?:)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • "Hope is the denial of reality."

    - - - Raistlin, Dragonlance Book Series - - -

    I've always liked that line although it is a bit harsh.


    KC
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    YOu guys know whats the funny thing about that leak?

    Even if its all true, and a lot of it has proven to be true, all the people (people = clickbait youtubers) just startet their own interpretation. I dont remember the exact words of the leak, but wasnt it just a report on the current happenings behind the scenes?

    Criterion and Motive leavin the Devs before the release? Yeah, no *****. Motive did the campaign, Criterion Starfighter Assault / Vehicle gameplay - why should they still work on this? This was no surprise and widely known.

    "Only a small team is working on BF2 now" - how is 100+ people a small team? I remember a YT comparing it to DICEs overall employees of ~650+. But that never meant all those people work on just one project. DICE is a big studio, working on several games at once. Of course you dont assign that many people to an already released game.

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

    "Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Kerle wrote: »
    YOu guys know whats the funny thing about that leak?

    Even if its all true, and a lot of it has proven to be true, all the people (people = clickbait youtubers) just startet their own interpretation. I dont remember the exact words of the leak, but wasnt it just a report on the current happenings behind the scenes?

    Criterion and Motive leavin the Devs before the release? Yeah, no ****. Motive did the campaign, Criterion Starfighter Assault / Vehicle gameplay - why should they still work on this? This was no surprise and widely known.

    "Only a small team is working on BF2 now" - how is 100+ people a small team? I remember a YT comparing it to DICEs overall employees of ~650+. But that never meant all those people work on just one project. DICE is a big studio, working on several games at once. Of course you dont assign that many people to an already released game.

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.

    Criterion moving on does make alot of sense, they did the heavy lifting by designing the main mechanics of starfighter assault, DICE is more then capable when it comes making maps and inserting Criterion's assets into it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    Kerle wrote: »
    YOu guys know whats the funny thing about that leak?

    Even if its all true, and a lot of it has proven to be true, all the people (people = clickbait youtubers) just startet their own interpretation. I dont remember the exact words of the leak, but wasnt it just a report on the current happenings behind the scenes?

    Criterion and Motive leavin the Devs before the release? Yeah, no ****. Motive did the campaign, Criterion Starfighter Assault / Vehicle gameplay - why should they still work on this? This was no surprise and widely known.

    "Only a small team is working on BF2 now" - how is 100+ people a small team? I remember a YT comparing it to DICEs overall employees of ~650+. But that never meant all those people work on just one project. DICE is a big studio, working on several games at once. Of course you dont assign that many people to an already released game.

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.

    Spot on.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Mako
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    OP have you recently played the game? It has hit rock bottom. I havent even read any news about supposed demise but
    Judging by how skim the updates and fixes have been lately, it is obvious that EA/DICE gave up on BF2 and now managing BFV mainly.

    1. no real DLC since Feb.
    2. Old game breaking bugs are still there
    3. new bugs
    4. very unapealing new content
    5. Servers are half empty during peak hours, and all have a HIGH PING icon
    6. etc etc etc
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Mako wrote: »
    OP have you recently played the game? It has hit rock bottom. I havent even read any news about supposed demise but
    Judging by how skim the updates and fixes have been lately, it is obvious that EA/DICE gave up on BF2 and now managing BFV mainly.

    1. no real DLC since Feb.
    2. Old game breaking bugs are still there
    3. new bugs
    4. very unapealing new content
    5. Servers are half empty during the game, and all have a HIGH PING icon
    6. etc etc etc

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

    #SeeYouInJune
    #AlsoSeeYouAllSummer
    #ActuallySeeYouForTheNextTwoYears
    #BecauseYouAintGoingNOWHERE :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Mako
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I love when people fruitlessly, every single time, come up with "you dont need whole team to work on the game" "thats not the reason its failing" - yea it is actually one of the main reasons.
    every single game that has diverted resources to work on the next project, has always in the end failed or lost support. This is reality of game development. Economically it is more viable to spend more resources ona new project than the old one. Obviously they will use less and less resources on an older game if a new project is in the works. Ofcouse you dont need everyone working on one game, but you sitll need MORE people working on the old game then you have when a new project coming, in order for the older game have any revitalization.
  • Mako
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kerle wrote: »

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.


    not sure if logic is your friend. But 100 people working on game and not delivering anything new since FEB is not logical at all.
    ANd i woudlnt be surprised that only 5- 10 people who are actually working on this forgotten game. Game Devs always lie about their real numbers, and this is a fact proven from the beginning of MMO games.
  • Mako
    98 posts Member
    The exodus of players since last fake DLC release in May is good gauge of the shambles this game is left in.
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    Kerle wrote: »

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.


    not sure if logic is your friend. But 100 people working on game and not delivering anything new since FEB is not logical at all.
    ANd i woudlnt be surprised that only 5- 10 people who are actually working on this forgotten game. Game Devs always lie about their real numbers, and this is a fact proven from the beginning of MMO games.

    m0vjdf93vkb1.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    The exodus of players since last fake DLC release in May is good gauge of the shambles this game is left in.

    Since you appear to be privy to private DICE analytics information, please provide us with the specific numbers which you are aware of which inform your statement that there has been "exodus of players since last fake DLC release..."

    I eagerly await for your no doubt credible source where you attained your "information" from. You should be able to easily provide total player numbers as well as % decline since May.
  • I honestly haven't noticed any decline in players. I play on a German server and I always find full games. Maybe those who say otherwise are on remote servers like the oceanic ones. I see many players with yellow starcards so they either play so little and have leveled slowly or are new players.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Batman20
    2102 posts Member
    It kind of makes sense for EA to give up on this game. We will still get content but nowhere near as much as we would have if things had went smoothly probably. For EA this game just isn't a money maker. Sure micro transactions were brought back but there's hardly any skins. So I doubt they made that much. So EA aren't going to spend a ton on new content when so far this game has shown it aint a reliable money maker. But dice will still support it with new skins and most likely we will still get clone wars content. But I can't see EA supporting this game for like 5 or 6seasons. Most likely 4 and the 4th will be reused rogue one. But that's just my opinion
  • Spiito wrote: »
    I have to wonder if your targeted audience will read through the wall of text.
    However, I applaud your efforts.

    Sure limted the target base.. believers of soon.? Soon believers..its in a comatose state, its not dead.. how bout life support. Is it hard to argue that the game is healthy..? I get the literal turnover he tried for. However raises issue about $ invested on smallest violin., over a healthy decision, providing players with content and rejuvenating a large player base. Or maybe its for when starwars gets taken off life support and the plug gets pulled?. Applauds poor decisions by Ea.. here lies the young starwars battlefront 2; less then a year old, between respect of Ea and and next to the reused traces of a recovered crusty pile of dog content.. All cut short of Ea schemes and never made to be the fulfilment of great promises of what could of been..Ea easy money exploits. ? indiana jim digs up grave to check. Crys that the respect of Ea is missing.. doesn't exist.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    Kerle wrote: »

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.


    not sure if logic is your friend. But 100 people working on game and not delivering anything new since FEB is not logical at all.
    ANd i woudlnt be surprised that only 5- 10 people who are actually working on this forgotten game. Game Devs always lie about their real numbers, and this is a fact proven from the beginning of MMO games.

    You don't seem to understand how game developement works, also you should let go of your anger.

    1. 100 workers assigned to BF2 doesnt mean, 100 programmers. There are Data Analysts, Accountance, Manager, people for Communication (Community-wise, in- and external) - a modern company like DICE probably even has a work coach, running around taking care of the mental health of the employees.

    2. A programmer is not programmer. There are a lot of different specializations, like 3D Artists, Map Designers, Audio specialist and so on. You can not randomly assign everyone into projects like bug fixing, half the staff had no idea how its done or what they got to do. When you work at a Hotel, you wouldnt let the chef run the room cleaning.

    3. You completely ignore everything that was done so far. They had to redo the core-mechanic of the gameplay in the first couple of months, thats not nothing. Also they adjusted the game design, not just with a new menu but with a new hero-centric mode, to prepare for future skin sales, which they had to do to keep the game running and generate revenue. We got two new limited time gamemodes and even if I disliked them both - Ewok Hunts was requested by a lot of players and the design was actually pretty good. The enhanced the Arcade mode by adding new maps and Starfighter Assault and so on, I could go on with a long list of important tweaks and bug fixes but I have to go now.

    fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate.jpg
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

    "Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    Kerle wrote: »

    100+ should be enough to deliver further content on a regular bases, though we got a massive delay since they had to rework a huge part of the game in the first months, frustrating but understandable.


    not sure if logic is your friend. But 100 people working on game and not delivering anything new since FEB is not logical at all.
    ANd i woudlnt be surprised that only 5- 10 people who are actually working on this forgotten game. Game Devs always lie about their real numbers, and this is a fact proven from the beginning of MMO games.

    Lets see, they had to rework the progression system, and we've gotten content in between that along with 2 bew game modes.

    And they are also working on other future content

    You wouldn't want to put new heroes, vehicles,classes, etc under the old progression system, you save them for a new start so everyone has an equal chance.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    As a software and business professional of over 35 years experience I doubt very very much the progression rework was the real time delay for new content...it would have had to have been a total original mess of coding ( which I doubt ) to have been that extensive. I would guess the legal uncertainties/business politics had more to do with the delays
  • HOLD ON, pause, pause, pause. Is that title a Brisco County Jr. reference?
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    ENDLESSGOD wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    I have to wonder if your targeted audience will read through the wall of text.
    However, I applaud your efforts.

    Sure limted the target base.. believers of soon.? Soon believers..its in a comatose state, its not dead.. how bout life support. Is it hard to argue that the game is healthy..? I get the literal turnover he tried for. However raises issue about $ invested on smallest violin., over a healthy decision, providing players with content and rejuvenating a large player base. Or maybe its for when starwars gets taken off life support and the plug gets pulled?. Applauds poor decisions by Ea.. here lies the young starwars battlefront 2; less then a year old, between respect of Ea and and next to the reused traces of a recovered crusty pile of dog content.. All cut short of Ea schemes and never made to be the fulfilment of great promises of what could of been..Ea easy money exploits. ? indiana jim digs up grave to check. Crys that the respect of Ea is missing.. doesn't exist.
    I really wish all humans spoke one language... Because I feel like some things are being lost in translation.
    I was just saying I applaud Jim's efforts; for constantly trying to shed some bits of reason, even if the information proverbially falls upon deaf ears, in some cases.
    Yeah, 'Limbo' would be a better descriptive than ""alive & well"" imo, but everything's too secretive to fully know the real condition. (I know a lot of players have moved on... & There's not as many Devs working on the game as there could be... But Swbf2's not 100% dead, yet. Like all things, it will die. But that's just the nature of everything.)
    It really doesn't help that a growing number of remaining players are asking for reused content. (Thinking that they will get new content in addition to ported stuff. It's kind of one or the other at this point, isn't it? New or Old.)









    Wknuto!
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    HOLD ON, pause, pause, pause. Is that title a Brisco County Jr. reference?

    Only in that Brisco County Jr. referenced Mark Twain.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    OP have you recently played the game? It has hit rock bottom.

    To quote Brendan Fraser in The Mummy, "Every [email protected] day."

    I'll grant you the game is feeling stale in a lot of ways. The only thing keeping me going right now is trying to rank up my heroes. It's on them to figure out how to keep us playing. Challenges only go so far. If we had some actual content to play for that would make it better. One of those leakers said Hutt Contracts will be returning this season. We'll see.
  • I'll believe the games demise isn't real when they actually add content. Every 3 months or so the last game we got multiple new maps, hero's, guns and star cards. In 6 months in this game we got ewok hunt and a few skins besides what was already made and in the files at launch. I don't know how low your standards need to be to think that's fine.
  • FreakyCrawdad
    1787 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    As a software and business professional of over 35 years experience I doubt very very much the progression rework was the real time delay for new content...it would have had to have been a total original mess of coding ( which I doubt ) to have been that extensive. I would guess the legal uncertainties/business politics had more to do with the delays

    Congratulations, how many AAA-tier shooter titles with significant progression systems have you worked on?

    (I am in full agreement with you, Indiana.) And there is also the fact that they have to run stuff by the upper levels of business. Everything they do has to be approved by multiple levels of executives, the leaders of Dice, EA, and Disney have to hear about it and decide. that process could take ages.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Lonnisity
    1960 posts Member
    Absolutely delightful thread. Thanks for posting this man!
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • The approval process is very inefficient and time-consuming.

    Sony (PS4 version), Microsoft (XBoxOne version), Disney (Star Wars IP Owner), EA (Star Wars IP contractor).

    It'd be great if they gave free reign to DICE but that will never happen. > <


    KC
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    (I am in full agreement with you, Indiana.) And there is also the fact that they have to run stuff by the upper levels of business. Everything they do has to be approved by multiple levels of executives, the leaders of Dice, EA, and Disney have to hear about it and decide. that process could take ages.

    Yes and that SUUUUUUUXXXXXXX but it is what it is.
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Absolutely delightful thread. Thanks for posting this man!

    Thank you for your delightful comment!
Sign In or Register to comment.