criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Has anyone seen the "Want to see it" percentage for Solo on Rotten Tomatoes Now I really can't take that site seriously. I can't see the legitimacy for this. It's ridiculous. This fandom is starting to either make me sick to my stomach, or fall on the floor laughing. I can't take people like that seriously. For one, it's the internet, and no one in their right mind would be just as irrational and/or pathetic in person. It's possible, though. Also no matter how many of you say "Well, they have a legitimate reason for being mad," I'm not taking it seriously. Sorry not sorry. It's one thing to have actually criticisms for a movie, but it's another to act the way some of these fans do online. The toxic fans are bringing this all down a horrible slope. I don't know if it's because Star Wars is not how they want it to be (meaning they hold the Original Trilogy close to them in a very unhealthy way), or if they're doing this for amusement to pluck the nerves of other people online (like trolls).

Replies

• rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It passed Black Panther in presales quickly. I do also feel like a lot of Star War “fandom” on the internet is just a bunch of stuffy meiser trolls at this point. I think they’ve forgotten what made Star Wars great, it’s a fun popcorn franchise, not Shakespeare.

I wouldn’t blame OT people, I feel like it’s a combo of PT and OT meisers, they’re equally at fault.

For that many people to go out of their way on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty ridiculous
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Next to nobody wanted a solo movie. Back story for already existing characters is usually shown thru games , Tv shows . books or Comics.

A Han solo focused single player game in the vein of Star Wars Bounty hunter would be much more accepted by the fanbase.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    347 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Next to nobody wanted a solo movie. Back story for already existing characters is usually shown thru games , Tv shows . books or Comics.

A Han solo focused single player game in the vein of Star Wars Bounty hunter would be much more accepted by the fanbase.

Don't you get.....doesn't anyone get it? I'm not talking about fans who may have legitimately negative things to say about these movie. I-am-talking-about the irrational fans who have become a witch hunting poison in the fandom, who justify and shout out things (like a twisted regime) like "STAR WARS IS DEAD," "DISNEY RUINED STAR WARS," "YOU'RE A SHILL/SHEEP," "YOU'RE A HATER," "YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN," blah blah negative & positive) in civil war, and attack those with an opposing. Leave the politics in the movies, not the fandom. They cover the internet like a plague. No civil discussion without attacks.

Inappropriate language removed. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1057 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't you get.....doesn't anyone get it? I'm not talking about fans who may have legitimately negative things to say about these movie. I-am-talking-about the irrational fans who have become a witch hunting poison in the fandom, who justify and shout out things (like a twisted regime) like "STAR WARS IS DEAD," "DISNEY RUINED STAR WARS," "YOU'RE A SHILL/SHEEP," "YOU'RE A HATER," "YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN," blah blah negative & positive) in civil war, and attack those with an opposing. Leave the politics in the movies, not the fandom. They cover the internet like a plague. No civil discussion without attacks.

That is how most things go in terms of arguments between those who like things and those who dislike things. You are going to have the over dramatic people on both sides who want attention.

Personally I don't care about movies they can do what ever they want with them. I only really care about the comics and games as those tend to be where the really good stories are.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Next to nobody wanted a solo movie. Back story for already existing characters is usually shown thru games , Tv shows . books or Comics.

I wanted one.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • FreakyCrawdad
    1787 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Next to nobody wanted a solo movie. Back story for already existing characters is usually shown thru games , Tv shows . books or Comics.

Slightly obscene, but true.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Actually the toxicity is well deserved, at least for TLJ. Solo wasn't bad, but if you want to be picky you can really rip into it. A lot of plot devices were childish and Han sometimes stood out as abit too passive aggressive. At times he was the real Solo with his snarky bravado ways and at times out of place just kind of stuck in the background.
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    347 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Actually the toxicity is well deserved, at least for TLJ. Solo wasn't bad, but if you want to be picky you can really rip into it. A lot of plot devices were childish and Han sometimes stood out as abit too passive aggressive. At times he was the real Solo with his snarky bravado ways and at times out of place just kind of stuck in the background.

Rational, and well thought criticism is well deserved. Saying *****, like what I just mentioned above from the irrational, unreasonable ***** out there is not well deserved.
    Post edited by MASSEFFECTfanX on
  • bfloo
    15821 posts Member

Alden's portrayal felt more like Indiana Jones at times, and there were a few Last Crusade references.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• RIFRIG
    482 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Alden's portrayal felt more like Indiana Jones at times, and there were a few Last Crusade references.

I thought he did a great job & it wasn't the cheesy portrayal I was expecting,he did at least equally as well as Glover.......in my opinion better.
  • bfloo
    15821 posts Member
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

I thought he did a great job & it wasn't the cheesy portrayal I was expecting,he did at least equally as well as Glover.......in my opinion better.

Alden was better than I expected him to be, not great, not awful. Harrison just did a great job with the character.

Aside for 1 or 2 scenes, Glover had a good grasp on Lando's character.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Batman20
    1991 posts Member
    I enjoyed it would rate it 7 out of 10. It was entertaining and I think Alden did a better job than I expected him to as han but obviously not as good as Harrison ford. Overall its defiantly worth watching
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    I have to agree Alden was better than all the hype about his acting. He was fine, tough shoes to fill no matter who played a young Solo. Seemed like it dragged for a couple parts. Enjoyable movie, I didn’t put the two together at first that Chewie would be the “beast”.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    I do have to say I wasn’t sure about a sequel. They already have other Star Wars stories in the works and trilogies but I am curious to see more of Han. Lot of threads they can still tie up unlike how Rogue One plot was tied up in a bow by the time that movie ended.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I like the movie, not one of my favorites, but very enjoyable. I do have to say though that the sequence where the Falcon faces off against the Empire is one of my favorites in any Star Wars movie. The action, the visuals, the music, it was so intense and really felt like Star Wars.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I do have to say I wasn’t sure about a sequel. They already have other Star Wars stories in the works and trilogies but I am curious to see more of Han. Lot of threads they can still tie up unlike how Rogue One plot was tied up in a bow by the time that movie ended.

I don’t think it has to be a “sequel” per se but another movie with basically many of the same characters (and Maul in a larger role of course) would be great. Instead of focusing on Han, maybe it could focus on criminal underworld more... also Qira, Maul, and more Lando since his screen time was amazing. They all seem to run in similar circles anyway, so we could even see Han again on Tattoine with everyone else. There is also possible tie-ins with a Boba Fett movie because of the crime world theme.

Also with the rumored Kenobi movie since Maul battles Kenobi agaian year’s later on Tattoine from Sw Rebels (although I think other plot lines for Kenobinwould make more sense based on the books and comics)
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

I don’t think it has to be a “sequel” per se but another movie with basically many of the same characters (and Maul in a larger role of course) would be great. Instead of focusing on Han, maybe it could focus on criminal underworld more... also Qira, Maul, and more Lando since his screen time was amazing. They all seem to run in similar circles anyway, so we could even see Han again on Tattoine with everyone else. There is also possible tie-ins with a Boba Fett movie because of the crime world theme.

Also with the rumored Kenobi movie since Maul battles Kenobi agaian year’s later on Tattoine from Sw Rebels (although I think other plot lines for Kenobinwould make more sense based on the books and comics)

Yea either way if it’s a Solo sequel or another movie that focuses on the unresolved story line would be ok with me. Definitely want to see more on Crimson or even Han/Chewie on Tattoine
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Great, spoilers all over the place, and I having seen the movie yet. Thanks a lot (sarcasm).
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    I’m an original trilogy loving, prequel hating fan and I enjoyed it. It wasn’t great but it was good.
    I will judge a film on my own experience not what others (especially critics) say.
    The prequels were a massive disappointment for me but I can see the appeal to a younger audience.
    TFA was basically ok and I enjoyed it.
    Rogue One was great.
    TLJ was utter rubbish.
    Solo kept pretty true to the SW format, looked and felt like a SW film.
    I will be watching it again.
  • Great, spoilers all over the place, and I having seen the movie yet. Thanks a lot (sarcasm).

I won't try to spoil it. But I suggest that you take a break from social media until you see it. Don't listen to the negativity. I think you will enjoy the movie.
    okjzkqv763wu.png