criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Are you still playing SWBF1?

2Next

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    OrdoNull wrote: »
    I agree completely
    Psn: Jello770
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    Yes I am. Still having a blast! Pew pew!
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    Just started back a few days ago. So much fun, don’t know why I ever stopped playing
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    uhhh no. battlefront 1 is definitely a step BACKWARD as far as game quality.

- too many jump packs
    - too many explosives
    - everyone and their mom has a pulse rifle
    etc etc

wise up and play battlefront 2.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I play both. I find BF 2015 to be just more enjoyable in general. I play BF2 for clone wars content and thats it. But overall BF 2015 makes BF2 look like crap in the long run. BF2 still has to many problems. They overpromised and under achieved which makes it even worse.
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    Yes....still playing and going strong on PS4.
  • Been back on Outer Rim on PS4 lately
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    Xbox One dead again all weekend. couldnt get games on Bespin, Death Star or Scarif.
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    Finally got a couple of hours game time on Bespin last night! Been weeks but almost now completed my latest Hutt Contract despite their being some real top quality players on there last night.
  • It's dead on XBox. I've been trying to find a game for over three hours in any game mode. Nothing. Battlefront is dying. The second game is garbage. This fact has killed the community. It's a disgrace.
  • RyanK388
    1909 posts Member
    I still play the first one but finding games with a DLC molds is impossible, I am still able to find the 40 player modes like walker assault, supremacy, and turnimg point
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    uhhh no. battlefront 1 is definitely a step BACKWARD as far as game quality.

- too many jump packs
    - too many explosives
    - everyone and their mom has a pulse rifle
    etc etc

wise up and play battlefront 2.

bf2 is too much like battlefield 1(the WWI game). The jump packs, explosives, and pulse rifle etc. etc. makes bf1 better, more interesting, and more unique. Only if you don't have these will it become a step back.
  • It is easier to find a match on weekends.
  • Yes me and my clan still keep BF1 alive. We love it much more than BF2. We always want new challangers. We Love play HvV. So everybody can request us. PSN Foxhound589
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    Still playing BF1everyday. Enjoying it immensely. It is the best Star Wars multiplayer game...PERIOD. I have no difficulty in finding games on PS4, though I mostly play Walker Assault and Outer Rim DLC.
  • I play BF1 most evenings on PS4. I try to get games on DLC for 10mins then usually give up and play Cargo where there’s always a game to join. 40 player games are still well represented. The standard of players is much higher nowadays IMO. Presumably as new players are buying and playing BF2 leaving mostly die-hard experts on BF1 (not counting myself in that category)
  • Yes we count us to that. A clan full of well skilled die hards. HvV is still playable but there are just noob players so its extrem boring face such lobbys. We beat some good clans since that we enter Outerrim to find some good players and its the only rotation with HvV. Sometimes we find some good lobbys but its not like before when bf 2 was not avaliable
  • Gudgey
    7 posts Member
    I play almost daily, and have no trouble finding games on the PC, although finding a hacker free game is almost impossible now. :(
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Still play it, but haven’t for a week or so.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Lonnisity
    1965 posts Member
    Been wanting to play some Supremacy. How bad it is on Xbox?
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • classic98
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this. But recently i started playing again and as a part of that have been working on achievements, primarily: play on all scarif maps, win extraction games, win infiltration games, and win battle station. however i can not find games for any of the game modes at all.... I even tried changing my server location, I'm US east btw. Is anyone having the same problem finding specific game modes? When start up walker assault i can instantly find a game...
    Edit: i also can't even find games when searching for dlc playlists specefically
    on xbox one btw
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Been wanting to play some Supremacy. How bad it is on Xbox?

I am always okay finding games Supremacy games on Xbox. just want more Bepsin games but they are pretty much non-existent.
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    classic98 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this. But recently i started playing again and as a part of that have been working on achievements, primarily: play on all scarif maps, win extraction games, win infiltration games, and win battle station. however i can not find games for any of the game modes at all.... I even tried changing my server location, I'm US east btw. Is anyone having the same problem finding specific game modes? When start up walker assault i can instantly find a game...
    Edit: i also can't even find games when searching for dlc playlists specefically
    on xbox one btw

DLC maps really hard to find on Xbox. Only one I usually find enough players on is the Outer Rim. I need Bespin Games to complete Hutt Contract and other achievments. Game is dying :(
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    Game is so dead. Bored of playing walker assault Twilight on Hoth. Gonna have to call it a day and try BF2 again.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Yes! I love the first one. It is better than the new one in almost every way (except graphically and Clone Wars content [barely any tho]). I even made a separate Xbox account just so I can start earning everything again from the beginning! I pretty much only play walker assault but I’ll get lucky and find a Death Star or Scariff game going on
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Not anymore, this game will forever have a special place in my heart :heart:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • DrVictorDoom
    120 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I love the look and feel of BF15 but the imbalances of the game make it almost unplayable now.
    Especially if you’re running alone like I do.

I think if they made blasters, pulse cannon, secondary fire on TL50 and K16 disabled while jump packing that would’ve helped a lot .
    Grenades only while jump packing.

And for example certain cards and abilities couldn’t be used together like Bodyguard+Adrenaline Stim+ Bacta would’ve been a great fix.

I miss the days I could run with E-11, Ion grenade, Thermal detonater, cooling cell and scout. :/
  • grooveagent
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Sadly I had to stop playing BF2015 on PC as it became almost impossible to find matches, particularly for walker assault. Also, the cheating was/is awful.

Since then I've been playing BF2 which is decent, but I felt that the 2015 version was more fun to play, and felt more immersive in the Star Wars universe. The artwork in BF2 is good, but the attention to detail in BF2015 was absolutely amazing.

I'd love them to keep this game going, and I'd love to come back, but I think they'd rather everyone just play BF2.
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    Game is so dead. Bored of playing walker assault Twilight on Hoth. Gonna have to call it a day and try BF2 again.

Not on PS4. Always easy to find games...both on vanilla maps and DLC.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    If anyone, how’s the match making on PS4.

Thank you.
  • @YODA100, it’s actually not bad, much better than bf2 matchmaking.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    @YODA100, it’s actually not bad, much better than bf2 matchmaking.

Ahh thank you.
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    If you ask me, I think that the dev team should come back and finish Battlefront 1. They kinda just left it. What they need to do is add to Skirmish, and make the DLC free. That way, more people can play. Battlefield 1 has been making its DLC free, and I think Battlefront should follow suit.
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    If you ask me, I think that the dev team should come back and finish Battlefront 1. They kinda just left it. What they need to do is add to Skirmish, and make the DLC free. That way, more people can play. Battlefield 1 has been making its DLC free, and I think Battlefront should follow suit.

Plus, I think they've made enough money with the Season Pass. Making the DLC free will keep the game alive longer.
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    Havent played Bespin in so long. Even Outer Rim has no matches now. Getting bored of walker assault twilight on hoth :s
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    Havent played Bespin in so long. Even Outer Rim has no matches now. Getting bored of walker assault twilight on hoth :s

On PS4, it is still going strong. Very good gamers are still playing SWBF1. A lot of very tight matches.....
  • Corndog75
    201 posts Member
    ymt190e wrote: »

On PS4, it is still going strong. Very good gamers are still playing SWBF1. A lot of very tight matches.....

I'm on Xbox, completely dead on DLC. :(
  • grooveagent
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    +1 for BF2015. I love it, much more than BF2. I find BF1 more action packed, artistically superior, and higher attention to detail. Finding walker assault and DLC matches on PC are nearly impossible now.

I wish they would simply add a "queue" for anything option. Have the server choose a match type appropriate for the amount of players queued. Right now the limited amount of players are spread across multiple match types trying to find games of that type. Heck it would be great if only 4 players could automatically queue up for a 2v2 drop zone match until more players join.

It sucks investing so much money in a game and you can't really play it anymore. It deters you from buying future multiplayer-orientated games.
  • sometimes I'll go play battlefront 1 because I have very fond memories in that game.
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    ymt190e wrote: »

I'm on Xbox, completely dead on DLC. :(

Sorry to hear that. Just played DLC Outer Rim this afternoon and had a blast. Full teams and tight matches....especially in Extraction mode.
  • Every Day on XBox One. Games are always full, fun and competitive.
  • Corndog75 wrote: »
    I am still struggling to find games even switching regions hasnt helped. Desperate to play Bespin DLC, havent found a game for three weeks now. Gutted.
    Xbox One dead again all weekend. couldnt get games on Bespin, Death Star or Scarif.
    I am on Xbox one and have no probs getting into any of those. East Coast USA server
  • saltydog wrote: »
    I am still struggling to find games even switching regions hasnt helped. Desperate to play Bespin DLC, havent found a game for three weeks now. Gutted.
    I am on Xbox one and have no probs getting into any of those. East Coast USA server

Will have to keep trying. Guess alot of it is when I play, uk times usually between 8 and 11pm.