criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Avengers Infinity War and MCU discussion

Replies

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Confession-
    The only MCU movie I’ve actually watched so far is Spider-Man homecoming. After hearing great things about infinity war, I plan on getting into the MCU. Not really sure where to start to be honest.

So were you wondering what Robert Downey Jr was doing there in that weird gold and red armored suit that you've never seen before? Just kidding. B)
    Start with Iron Man (2008). If you like that, I would assume you'll like the rest of the MCU. If not, probably not. Iron Man 2 introduces Agent Coulson, who some people didn't like. They were like, "why is that guy so funny, isn't he a SHIELD Agent?" I say, "yeah, he is both funny and smart AND is looking after Tony Stark, what's the problem?"
    COULSON LIVES!
    "This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." - Jyn Erso
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Confession-
    The only MCU movie I’ve actually watched so far is Spider-Man homecoming. After hearing great things about infinity war, I plan on getting into the MCU. Not really sure where to start to be honest.

So were you wondering what Robert Downey Jr was doing there in that weird gold and red armored suit that you've never seen before? Just kidding. B)
    Start with Iron Man (2008). If you like that, I would assume you'll like the rest of the MCU. If not, probably not. Iron Man 2 introduces Agent Coulson, who some people didn't like. They were like, "why is that guy so funny, isn't he a SHIELD Agent?" I say, "yeah, he is both funny and smart AND is looking after Tony Stark, what's the problem?"
    COULSON LIVES!

Sort of on this subject. I’ve seen a lot of different ideas on what movies must be watched to understand Infinity War. I actually think it’s a lot less than what I read from reviewers. Frankly I think people could ignore the entire Iron Man franchise, Hulk, Thor 1 and 2, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man Homecoming and Black Panther and be fine watching the movie.

If people only watched the Capt America franchise, Guardians 1 and 2, avenger 1and 2 and Thor Ragnraok I think they’d be ok. They’d miss out on nuance of the characters they didn’t watch but the story line arc takes place in a few select movies.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 14
    So I’m currently through the process of watching the MCU movies (for the first time) and just finished watching Thor. So far it’s my favorite of the series and one of the best films I’ve watched in a while. Really glad I decided to get into the MCU since the ST is trash Lol
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
    So I’m currently through the process of watching the MCU movies (for the first time) and just finished watching Thor. So far it’s my favorite of the series and one of the best films I’ve watched in a while. Really glad I decided to get into the MCU since the ST is trash Lol
    Enjoy, dude! I think you'll find some really cool scenes and characters (and humor) in these movies. Don't forget to fast forward thru the credits and watch the post-credits scenes.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited May 14

I gave you a like but I wanted to clarify it’s more of a half like for calling the ST trash lol. I do find the MCU movies more interesting with all the little details and intertwining stories though.

Enjoy the MCU. I didn’t really start embracing it fully until the first avengers.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 14
    rollind24 wrote: »

I gave you a like but I wanted to clarify it’s more of a half like for calling the ST trash lol. I do find the MCU movies more interesting with all the little details and intertwining stories though.

Enjoy the MCU. I didn’t really start embracing it fully until the first avengers.

I’ll take that. Lol

And I am greatly enjoying the MCU. Thor really impressed me. I’m hoping the other films are as good or better as that one. :blush:
    You told me I may enjoy getting into the MCU and you was right. Lol
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Enjoy, dude! I think you'll find some really cool scenes and characters (and humor) in these movies. Don't forget to fast forward thru the credits and watch the post-credits scenes.

I definitely don’t forget those post credit scenes. Those are great. ;)
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Just watched IW after binge watching the MCU over the past couple weeks. That was a intense ride. Lol.
    Really didn’t expect IW to end the way it did....

• Start with the
    Confession-

Start with the first marvel movie ever made, which has nothing to do with Infinity Wars, but a cult classic none the less, FLASH GORDON
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    This was such a cool scene

qm8az2fwy6xv.gif
    Just watched IW after binge watching the MCU over the past couple weeks. That was a intense ride. Lol.

Well, that was quick. haha, awesome dude!
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member

Congrats, now get ready for AntMan and the Wasp!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 26
    #ExplainAfilmPlotBadly
    gzilacoh3198.jpeg
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    #ExplainAfilmPlotBadly
    gzilacoh3198.jpeg

Lol basically
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    pe9rm7a2kq9j.jpg
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Anyone here watched The Punisher series on Netflix? I just finished watching this series and was very impressed! I would easily give this show a 10/10. Even the shows intro is amazing lol. It’s very gruesome and dark which really surprised me considering it’s made by marvel which is owned by Disney. The acting in this show was great as well. I thought Jon bernthal did a terrific job portraying the punisher. I also really enjoyed Ben Barnes performance as billy Russo. I would highly recommend this show to any guy who hasn’t watched it.

Intro-

Anyone here watched The Punisher series on Netflix? I just finished watching this series and was very impressed! I would easily give this show a 10/10. Even the shows intro is amazing lol. It’s very gruesome and dark which really surprised me considering it’s made by marvel which is owned by Disney. The acting in this show was great as well. I thought Jon bernthal did a terrific job portraying the punisher. I also really enjoyed Ben Barnes performance as billy Russo. I would highly recommend this show to any guy who hasn’t watched it.

Intro-

Man you sure don’t waste any time lol.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Intro-

Man you sure don’t waste any time lol.

;) indeed.

I kinda dived head first into the MCU lol
    gzdbpbdcjd74.jpeg
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited June 5

Intro-

Yes that season was one of the best of thrNetflix series. If you want more Punisher he’s in Dardevil season 2. Him and Dardevil do a good contrast of each other. Those Netflix series are real gritty and surprisingly non-Disney like feel. First time I watched Daredevil when it first came out I had to double check it was Marvel. I really wish they’d figure out a way to do cameos or something between the shows and movies.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Intro-

Yes that season was one of the best of thrNetflix series. If you want more Punisher he’s in Dardevil season 2. Him and Dardevil do a good contrast of each other. Those Netflix series are real gritty and surprisingly non-Disney like feel. First time I watched Daredevil when it first came out I had to double check it was Marvel. I really wish they’d figure out a way to do cameos or something between the shows and movies.

Interesting... I wouldn’t of expected the punisher to make appearances in the other marvel shows since this series stayed so far away from any super hero type of elements.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited June 6

Intro-

Interesting... I wouldn’t of expected the punisher to make appearances in the other marvel shows since this series stayed so far away from any super hero type of elements.

Oh buddy @Cad_Bane , Punisher, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist are all connected in the Netflix marvel universe. They have a team up series The Defenders.

THeres another series on TV, Agents of Shield that’s more connected to the movies than the Netflix shows too. I only watched the first season though, just didn’t seem as good as the Netflix marvel shows.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Intro-

Oh buddy @Cad_Bane , Punisher, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist are all connected in the Netflix marvel universe. They have a team up series The Defenders.

THeres another series on TV, Agents of Shield that’s more connected to the movies than the Netflix shows too. I only watched the first season though, just didn’t seem as good as the Netflix marvel shows.

Thanks for the info! And yes I knew the other marvel shows and their characters were connected but I wasn’t aware the punisher made appearances in other shows other than the punisher series. IIRC I read somewhere that they wanted to make the punisher seem independent from the other shows/characters. Which IMO makes sense since his character is so different than the other characters who have actual “super powers”

I’ve heard good things about agents of shield and I’ll probably watch it next. I’ve heard it’s kinda slow at first but gets better in the later seasons.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member

Intro-

Thanks for the info! And yes I knew the other marvel shows and their characters were connected but I wasn’t aware the punisher made appearances in other shows other than the punisher series. IIRC I read somewhere that they wanted to make the punisher seem independent from the other shows/characters. Which IMO makes sense since his character is so different than the other characters who have actual “super powers”

I’ve heard good things about agents of shield and I’ll probably watch it next. I’ve heard it’s kinda slow at first but gets better in the later seasons.

Yea punisher actually made his debut on Daredevil. He isn’t in Defenders though. I think season 2 Punisher is coming out this year also. Some of the more recent Netflix marvel shows are a slog, I still haven’t finished Season 2 Jessica Jones. Luke Cage S1 takes a bit to get rolling but is still good, Defenders and Iron Fist were alright but the pacing in the shows is are getting to me. Sort of the current Walking Dead effect slow pace.

I’ve heard that too about Agents of Shield. One of these days when I’m bored I’ll start catching up on it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 6

Intro-

Yea punisher actually made his debut on Daredevil. He isn’t in Defenders though. I think season 2 Punisher is coming out this year also. Some of the more recent Netflix marvel shows are a slog, I still haven’t finished Season 2 Jessica Jones. Luke Cage S1 takes a bit to get rolling but is still good, Defenders and Iron Fist were alright but the pacing in the shows is are getting to me. Sort of the current Walking Dead effect slow pace.

I’ve heard that too about Agents of Shield. One of these days when I’m bored I’ll start catching up on it.

I’m hoping season 2 is coming out soon! Im really hyped for it.
    I thought billy Russo made a great villain and I’m curious about what’s next for him in season 2
    Season 2 spoiler below. A few set pictures of billy have been “leaked”
    wmwsd6g0ccan.jpeg
    0ir3wv69pqhg.jpeg
    Honestly I was expecting him to be a bit more scarred then that
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on

Intro-

I thought billy Russo made a great villain and I’m super curious about what’s next for him in season 2
    wmwsd6g0ccan.jpeg
    0ir3wv69pqhg.jpeg
    Honestly I was expecting him to be a more scarred then that
    Man you’re so hyped, guess that officially makes you a huge MCU fan lol
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 6

Intro-

I thought billy Russo made a great villain and I’m super curious about what’s next for him in season 2
    wmwsd6g0ccan.jpeg
    0ir3wv69pqhg.jpeg
    Honestly I was expecting him to be a more scarred then that
    Man you’re so hyped, guess that officially makes you a huge MCU fan lol

Yeah I Guess so Lol

6b6712uc4iym.gif

• DarthJ
    5178 posts Member

Intro-

Wouldnt bother with Agents Of Shield. I got to early season 2 before packing it in. Its poor
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 16
    What is your MCU movie rankings list?
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited June 17

Oh man, not sure I could do the full list but my top five are:

Infinity War - can’t argue with StarLord/IronMan banter and was even more surprised how much I liked Thor and StarLord interacting.
    GoG V1 - Love that whole crew and really was a surprise for me, a walking tree and talking raccoon? Sounded ridiculous at first.
    Winter Soldier - good thriller movie.
    Civil War - loved seeing that many people together for the first time but both Capn movies I have here could probably be bumped down depending on my mood.
    Homecoming - grew up a Spider-Man fan.

It’s really hard to say anyone’s lost would be wrong and my top five probably depends on the day of the week
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

Infinity War - can’t argue with StarLord/IronMan banter and was even more surprised how much I liked Thor and StarLord interacting.
    GoG V1 - Love that whole crew and really was a surprise for me, a walking tree and talking raccoon? Sounded ridiculous at first.
    Civil War - loved seeing that many people together for the first time but both Capn movies I have here could probably be bumped down depending on my mood.

It’s really hard to say anyone’s lost would be wrong and my top five probably depends on the day of the week

Ranking is super easy, at least for the top films.

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Civil War
    3. The First Avenger

The only 3 really worth rewatching often in my opinion. Homecoming, Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, and Ant Man are also pretty good. Thor 2, Iron Man 2, and maybe Iron Man 3 can all be left oht easily. Everything else is alright.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 17

Lol. I thought the exact same thing before watching GoG. Really liked the film though and the crew.

My top 5 would be

1. Thor
    2. The avengers
    3. Winter Soldeir
    4. Iron Man
    5. Avengers IW/Thor Ragnarok
    can’t decide between those two for number 5.( TR would probably be ranked 1 in my list if some of the humor didn’t seem so out of place)

And as you can probably tell from my rankings, Thor is my favorite MCU character.

In no particular order:

Civil War
    Winter Soldier
    Doctor Strange
    GOTG 1 and 2

I liked IW but probably not in my top 5.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    Well I just popped on Thor Ragnarok in time to start Infinity War right as it gets released in 2.5 hours digitally.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I ordered the IW 3D blu from Zavvi (UK site) along with Solo 3D blu as neither will be available in 3D in the US.
    Wanted to see IW thrice in the theatre, but only twice. Man, it's GOOD. We're all the Children of Thanos now, like it or not.

• Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    Finally watched Infinity War.
    I now understand "What did it cost you?" etc memes.
    :tired_face:
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Finally watched Infinity War.
    I now understand "What did it cost you?" etc memes.
    :tired_face:

I am going to buy it in a few days. It is so sad isn't it. I came out of the theatre shaking, and in shock.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I would LOVE to have the Gauntlet, what a power trip that would be. I would make BFII work bug-free and there would never be any lag and AFKers would simply vanish into dust. And I would materialize a Ferrari F50 in my driveway. And my driveway would be next to Victoria Falls. And the Falls would be green tea with lemon.
  • I would LOVE to have the Gauntlet, what a power trip that would be. I would make BFII work bug-free and there would never be any lag and AFKers would simply vanish into dust. And I would materialize a Ferrari F50 in my driveway. And my driveway would be next to Victoria Falls. And the Falls would be green tea with lemon.
    I think the Gauntlet already wiped out half the DICE devs
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    I am going to buy it in a few days. It is so sad isn't it. I came out of the theatre shaking, and in shock.
    Nice. Yes, it is...! It's very dramatic... Different from the usual experience, for sure.
    Best part,
    "It'll kill you!"
    "Only if I die."
    "Yes. ...That's what... Killing you means."
    Worst part,
    Spidey's moment. I managed to hold it together throughout the whole movie until... :heartbreak:
  • Just bought the Digital HDX version of the movie. So good.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Cool News: Starting August 30, IMAX theatres will screen all 20 MCU films, in chronological order, then repeat once (may be more than once, I need to check on that). Tix are only $7 (9 with Fandango fee). What a deal. I'm going to see Civil War at IMAX over Labor Day Weekend. Sweet!
    MCU_10_yrs_IMAX_1500x580.png?itok=cBUpYDEN
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cool News: Starting August 30, IMAX theatres will screen all 20 MCU films, in chronological order, then repeat once (may be more than once, I need to check on that). Tix are only $7 (9 with Fandango fee). What a deal. I'm going to see Civil War at IMAX over Labor Day Weekend. Sweet!

That’s cool. Too bad there isn’t any imax theatres near me. :cry:
    Cool News: Starting August 30, IMAX theatres will screen all 20 MCU films, in chronological order, then repeat once (may be more than once, I need to check on that). Tix are only $7 (9 with Fandango fee). What a deal. I'm going to see Civil War at IMAX over Labor Day Weekend. Sweet!

That’s cool. Too bad there isn’t any imax theatres near me. :cry:

Move to Denver! Lots of hail and the rent has never been higher! Only $1200 for a 1 bdrm apt with no A/C, how can you go wrong? But at least we have like 3 or 4 IMAX's, gotta have priorities, ya know.
  • Cool News: Starting August 30, IMAX theatres will screen all 20 MCU films, in chronological order, then repeat once (may be more than once, I need to check on that). Tix are only $7 (9 with Fandango fee). What a deal. I'm going to see Civil War at IMAX over Labor Day Weekend. Sweet!

I saw this earlier. I’ve got a few MCU movies I haven’t seen in theater from Phase 1/2. Will be fun to check em out in the big screen
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • GoG v1 is my favorite MCU movie and I haven’t seen it in the big screen so that’s top of the list
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    5178 posts Member
    I found Ant-Man and the Wasp to be highly disappointing
  • DarthJ wrote: »

A lot of people that I know were not that interested in it after it came out. I know of a few people that just flat out thought it wasn't worth it to go. I was one of them, I will wait for it to come out on dvd. It just doesn't do it for me like Infinity War did. They can't just say "That was a good movie, now go back in time to find out why Ant-Man wasn't there." We want to know what he was doing during the events of the Infinity War, not before.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    5178 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

A lot of people that I know were not that interested in it after it came out. I know of a few people that just flat out thought it wasn't worth it to go. I was one of them, I will wait for it to come out on dvd. It just doesn't do it for me like Infinity War did. They can't just say "That was a good movie, now go back in time to find out why Ant-Man wasn't there." We want to know what he was doing during the events of the Infinity War, not before.

Definitely, you are right in not going I think. Obviously no spoilers, but there is only one scene I can think of that links to IW. Thats it.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

We want to know what he was doing during the events of the Infinity War, not before.

Without discussing spoilers, we find out in AMATW why he wasn’t/what he was doing during the events of IW.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Ant-Man and the Wasp is what I expected. Was nothing great but was a fun side show, well see how much the Quantum Realm plays into the next Infinity War though
    #infantrylivesmatter