criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

What did you like about the Han Solo movie? [SPOILERS] [you have been warned]

acc751
861 posts Member
I'll start it off.

I really liked the scene where han was fighting in the empire, it gave me a really good imperial guard feel and i almost started squealing like a girl when i saw it :smile:

I also really liked when that droid ***** let out all the droids, although it felt really forced and kinda cringy

Darth Maul showing up was awesome, but i doubt most people realize it's darth maul, even with his double lightsaber.
(let's be honest, the vast majority of star wars viewers don't even know TCW exists)

What do you guys think

don't forget to like, comment and subscribe
Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.

Replies

• I loved the movie. I think one of my favorite scenes was when Chewie goes all out and pulls the guys arms off. Chewie was my favorite character throughout the movie. If I focused on Alden as a young Han Solo, I thought he did a good job. Did he compare to Harrison Ford? No, no one can. I had found out a week before that Maul would be in the movie, and my brothers told me I was not allowed to tell them who it is. That nearly killed me.
    The thing I has the biggest issue with was the odd looking Wookiees. They kind of freaked me out, and I would have liked it if had ones that looked more like the Wookiees from the RotS. Other than that and a few other things, I throughly enjoyed the movie.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I liked the scene where Chewie died
    Psn: Jello770
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Things I liked:

The imperial recruiter was kinda neat.

loved Mimban too, nice WW1 vibe to it wish there was more of it though.

Donald Glover as Lando was probably the best thing in the film.

Beckett's gun slinging was fun to watch.

As for things I didn't like

The begining felt rushed and had no real context to it.

I didn't like that Darth Maul turned his lightsaber on, was probably done so people would recongnize him but I still don't think it was necessary.

Felt that Boba Fett was really needed in this film.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DarthJ
    6703 posts Member
    I'll comment more later on, just seen it. But will say people will recognise Maul as most have seen episode 1. He isnt just in TCW remember....

My wife recognised him immediately and she hasnt even heard of TCW show but has seen Episode 1
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • RIFRIG
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I liked most of the film aside from L3 the annoying droid & Solo's flying scenes,what the f### was he doing with the yoke on the Falcon.......looked like a 3 year old on a funfair ride.
    Post edited by RIFRIG on
  • Han Solo getting his name, just like the Foreign Legion stories. Perfect fit.

Battle scenes on Mimba. WW1 trench war.

How he met Chewbacca, and them building up their trust and friendship. Also, Chewie ripping the arms off.

The sabbac scenes, fair and square cheating.

Loved to see the Falcon before becoming a bucket of bolts. Then it became a bucket of bolts.

Lando. Could go on about him. I see reviewers complaining about the way he took over the scenes, taking focus off Han, but that's exactly how the film's, books and comics portray him. In short, I want a Lando film now.

L3, and her relationship with Lando, the heartbreaking death scene showing Landos deep feelings for her, and becoming part of the Falcon.

The Crimson members in general; the criminal underworld, and the horror it inflicts upon people needed to be shown, and has been now, even if mostly by reference. It's why many worlds welcomed the Empire and First Order as liberators. A great reason why the "evil" people believe they're doing good. Now we know why. And, Maul of course.

All those little nods and references to OT and Indiana Jones.

How he met Chewbacca, and them building up their trust and friendship. Also, Chewie ripping the arms off.

Loved to see the Falcon before becoming a bucket of bolts. Then it became a bucket of bolts.

Lando. Could go on about him. I see reviewers complaining about the way he took over the scenes, taking focus off Han, but that's exactly how the film's, books and comics portray him. In short, I want a Lando film now.

L3, and her relationship with Lando, the heartbreaking death scene showing Landos deep feelings for her, and becoming part of the Falcon.

The Crimson members in general; the criminal underworld, and the horror it inflicts upon people needed to be shown, and has been now, even if mostly by reference. It's why many worlds welcomed the Empire and First Order as liberators. A great reason why the "evil" people believe they're doing good. Now we know why. And, Maul of course.

Did you see the little Indiana Jones idol in Vos's office? It was sitting on one of his tables.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Did you see the little Indiana Jones idol in Vos's office? It was sitting on one of his tables.
    The one from Raiders? Yeah. I think I saw the stones from the first film, and the Holy Grail too, but I have to look closer to be sure when I get time to re-watch it. :smile:
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I liked Mimban and the Sabacc scenes.

Music was good in some places as well.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I liked Mimban and the Sabacc scenes.

I bought Enfys Nest's theme song, in the hopes that I can use it if she gets added.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

I bought Enfys Nest's theme song, in the hopes that I can use it if she gets added.

idk about that, she was barely in the film, was technically a hero though came across as a villain, and all she really did was swing her stick around.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

idk about that, she was barely in the film, was technically a hero though came across as a villain, and all she really did was swing her stick around.

She swung it like a boss.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Well Phasma sung her's like a boss too, look how "great" that ability turned out.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Devlin21
    8330 posts Member

And boba was the same way.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

And boba was the same way.

I think thats more then a stick
    buv1rwco7gwf.jpg
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Well Phasma sung her's like a boss too, look how "great" that ability turned out.

You called my bluff. I admit defeat.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Thoughts on smooth jazz in Star Wars?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    Honestly, I just loved the whole movie... might be my favorite of the four new Disney ones, if not up there with my favorites. I genuinely think the Internet has been giving it an unfair bad rep... it's a great movie in my opinion, and I encourage people to see it.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Saw it for the second time with another group of friends. Good stuff!
  • Loved it, would be awesome if the war on mimban could be implemented in the game but i won't get my hopes up.

Alden did a good job, don't get some comments about it. He's a young Solo, still growing into what he'll be like in ANH etc.. i always like seeing characters that are not just copy/pastes of what people already knew, just ads more depth. But to each his own opinion i suppose.

Older, different looking wookies were a refreshment.

The robot didn't annoy me at all, seems heavily inspired by K2SO. The rebellion moment is funny but also something i've seen come up in articles before as they are in fact sentient slaves that get rebooted whenever they get too smart.

The only moment that bothered me a bit was the last scene which seems a bit shoehorned in, would've thought it was great if he didn't even end up winning the falcon and had to have won her at a later time but whatever, wouldn't deduct points for it.

And oh yeah, Maul. Good to see him again, i was always bummed that he 'died' at the end of TPM. I know he was in one of the cartoon series or whatever but i mainly just follow the movies. Good to have him back and hope to see more of his story.

Those who haven't seen it: don't just blindly bash it. Go see it. Love it or hate it and carry on.
  • My favorite thing was Enfys Nest and the whole concept behind it.I hope to see more of her in the future.I also liked the worldbuilding of this movie and obviously Maul.
  • panosltd wrote: »
    My favorite thing was Enfys Nest and the whole concept behind it.I hope to see more of her in the future.I also liked the worldbuilding of this movie and obviously Maul.

Same.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    panosltd wrote: »
    My favorite thing was Enfys Nest and the whole concept behind it.I hope to see more of her in the future.I also liked the worldbuilding of this movie and obviously Maul.

The best part of the movie was leaving me wanting to see more of the Enfys Nest and Qi’ra storylines. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t complain about seeing Han/Chewie on Tatooine but those other stories seemed to be leading to more interesting new stories me.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • It is my favorite movie in the Disney era. Alden didn’t try to be Harrison, but he did become Han. He simply IS young Solo! No expectations going in... I was blown away. Favorite parts:
    1. Han and Chewie meeting and bonding.
    2. Han and Chewie seeing the Falcon for the first time.
    3. When Chewie finally sits on the copilot seat and the ship truly becomes “theirs”. They even played a brief music sequence from the asteroid field from ESB.
    The whole thing was simply, surprisingly brilliant!
  • 3. When Chewie finally sits on the copilot seat and the ship truly becomes “theirs”. They even played a brief music sequence from the asteroid field from ESB.
    The whole thing was simply, surprisingly brilliant!
    That scene gave me goosebumps.

itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6703 posts Member
    So now I have digested it. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10, potentially an 8 if I watch it again. Pleasantly surprised with it all, would put it behind Rogue One, but only just, as my favourite from the Disney era so far. Highlights/plus points from me were:

- Alden putting in a good performance generally. A good young Han. Didnt quite have the same presence as Harrison did but he is playing an early days Han.
    - The imperial recruiter naming him Han Solo, it was a great touch.
    - Han and Chewie meeting and Han speaking Wookie! The bond growing between the 2 was good to see.
    - Lando stole the show. Perfect performance. Love how he is a swindler who leaves Han etc in trouble even back then
    - Vos was a very convincing bad guy. Bettany is a great actor.
    - Qi'ra was great and an interesting new character.
    - Beckett was great fun and you can see elements of how he will influence future Han.
    - Mimban - would love that to be in-game.
    - As mentioned by others, the worldbuilding was spot on. Maul scene made me happy.
  • I also loved this movie. Slightly behind Rogue 1 for me in regards to Disney films. But very close. What I liked most:

-They did a great job depicting an Imperial controlled world better than any movie prior imo. Corellia truly was under the Imperial boot so to speak.

-The dark and grungy nature of the war scene. I loved how this showed the ugly part of war in the Star Wars Universe.

-Donald Glover's performance. Perfect.

-Alden Einrich's performance. Much better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed him as Solo

-Chewie. From them meeting to him sitting in the cockpit with Han for the first time. Played out very well.

-Woody Harrelson's Tobias Beckett.

-The leader of the Crimson Dawn, and any spinoffs that may potentially lead to.

-The potential for a sequel. I never thought I'd say this, but I definitely want a Han Solo Sequel. I legitimately did not want this movie in the first place, and I will now happily say that I was wrong.
  • DarthJ
    6703 posts Member
    I also loved this movie. Slightly behind Rogue 1 for me in regards to Disney films. But very close. What I liked most:

-They did a great job depicting an Imperial controlled world better than any movie prior imo. Corellia truly was under the Imperial boot so to speak.

-The dark and grungy nature of the war scene. I loved how this showed the ugly part of war in the Star Wars Universe.

-Donald Glover's performance. Perfect.

-Alden Einrich's performance. Much better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed him as Solo

-Chewie. From them meeting to him sitting in the cockpit with Han for the first time. Played out very well.

-Woody Harrelson's Tobias Beckett.

-The leader of the Crimson Dawn, and any spinoffs that may potentially lead to.

-The potential for a sequel. I never thought I'd say this, but I definitely want a Han Solo Sequel. I legitimately did not want this movie in the first place, and I will now happily say that I was wrong.

I can definitely see a sequel. Someone on here said Alden has signed a 3 picture deal. I guess that he might appear in the upcoming Boba film, but I can definitely see one being a sequel. The allusions to the crime lord on Tatooine putting together a crew for a job obviously relates to Jabba, so we may see how he starts to become Jabbas best smuggler.

• Everything. While it wasn't the best Star Wars movie, it was so much fun, kept a fast pace, and has so many action scenes.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    That Empirial officer dude screaming that victory was just over the ridge right before getting blown up, lmfao.

hOwzGlM.gif
    L3 & Lando. His love turned into the ship! As a person who references; "My first girlfriend turned into the moon..." I really appreciated Lando & L3's love story, and I'm happy to see that an organic and a droid at least tried. (That convo in the swbf2 game, gets me every time now. Luke: "Hey, Lando, is the Falcon still yours?" Lando: "In her heart she is...." It's so literal it hurts. D'aww~! )

The fact that Lando dual wielded his own and Han's Blaster at the same time. (Scorekeepers... How about a dual wielding star card in swbf2? :smile: )

'Nest-Tea was 'aight. Nice theme music & a good choice of weapon.

Also, near the end, when the triple cross was taking place, a Yellow&(Red?Magenta?) Rodian appeared in the fighting as a background character! It must have been a Rodian? It was beautiful.

My mate was devastated they decided to casually kill off Aurra via a conversation. (I keep telling them, Aurra's probably going to be shown getting killed off in Tobias Beckett's comic, or she'll make another appearance later and be all "You thought some pathetic human was enough to kill me? That's a laugh!")

Lastly, I don't like Tobias Beckett's name. It's too real and simple. It doesn't suit the Star Wars universe, imo. I had a hard time liking the man after he claimed to have killed Aurra. But I respected the character's ability to ""play the game.""
    Wknuto!
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    I liked the scene where Chewie died

And where Darth Vader said, "Chewie, I am your father!"
    I also liked Maul, because now we can get him for 6,000bp in not one but TWO eras! Mwhahahahhaa
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member