criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

TLJ Did Rose Die?

Sorry for being a buffoon but did Rose die at the end of The Last Jedi, i thought she had passed out from exhaustion after saving Finn..

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    She dead :smile:
    Psn: Jello770
  • Yes. She shattered every bone in her body crashing into Finn at such a high speed and died shortly after her speech.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • LaurenXIV
    456 posts Member
    I dont think she died :)

Finn is generally seen caring for her and shes wrapped in a blanket (iirc). I think she would have a blanket over her head if she died... maybe.

However, I think she was very very injured by the ski speeder crash :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Sadly not.

hahaha
  • JJ will find a good place for her. I am hoping that Hux will be in the new one. I think Domhnall Gleeson is awesome. Kylo needs to get his act together, and become the villain we all need. There must also be an ultimate saber duel.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Unfortunately she still lives.

She will be unveiled as the true power in IX. The one behind Snoke rising to power, behind Ben Swolo turning to the dark side, carefully engineering a new galactic war in order to bring justice to her slain ancestors of the Galactic Trade Federation.
  • Unfortunately she still lives.

She will be unveiled as the true power in IX. The one behind Snoke rising to power, behind Ben Swolo turning to the dark side, carefully engineering a new galactic war in order to bring justice to her slain ancestors of the Galactic Trade Federation.

Lucas would have made up some story about how she had been working with Darth Binks the entire time.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • JJ will find a good place for her. I am hoping that Hux will be in the new one. I think Domhnall Gleeson is awesome. Kylo needs to get his act together, and become the villain we all need. There must also be an ultimate saber duel.

I agree that JJ will find a place for her. Off the top of my head, that place would be recovery, in a hospital, the whole movie, with about 120 seconds of total screen time.

In regard to Kylo...his character development has certainly been interesting. However, near the end of TLJ, I began to see that villian you speak of. He seems to have moved on from the broken, confused little boy that was quick to follow any knucklehead in power and has transformed into a villian that wants to just do it himself.

TFA: whiny little boy with Daddy issues
    TLJ: a teenage tween that finally starts to realize what they truly want from the universe

Episode 9 hypothesis: A true tyrant that terrorizes the Galaxy on a mission to rule over all and extinguish the Resistance once and for all

But one can only dream.
  • mastery0ta
    6575 posts Member
    They'll smoke her ***** in 9. Useless character that better not show up in battlefront
  • Lonnisity
    1965 posts Member
    Unfortunately she still lives.

Is that an Asian joke? Saying her ancestors were nemoidian aka Japanese stereotypes.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • But there is a place for her in BFII. Season 9 Part 2.
  • Piscettios
    6147 posts Member
    I hope she dies in the opening scene of episode 9.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

Is that an Asian joke? Saying her ancestors were nemoidian aka Japanese stereotypes.

Why must you take it there?
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Lol bruh.
  • Jello770 wrote: »

Lol bruh.

Right? She's Vietnamese for one thing.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

Lol bruh.

Right? She's Vietnamese for one thing.
    Lmao then it would be Rose Nguyen
  • Batman20
    2210 posts Member
    Most likely not
  • If only...
    ltik53yjffv5.jpg

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • No she did not, and it’s best that way. ;)
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I hope she dies in the opening scene of episode 9.

I hope she dies in the opening crawl.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I hope Finn gets with Rey so she jumps out an airlock
  • dszntc1gqe5x.png
    I say patience
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • mastery0ta
    6575 posts Member

Ohhh I like this
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Ohhh I like this

well she died inside when Finn reunited w/Rey. She's not technically dead, but when you kiss in the SW Galaxy, Kershner says that's the equivalent to having sex. So, there's that....
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• mastery0ta
    6575 posts Member
    univurshul wrote: »

Ohhh I like this

well she died inside when Finn reunited w/Rey. She's not technically dead, but when you kiss in the SW Galaxy, Kershner says that's the equivalent to having sex. So, there's that....
    Lol was she conscious? Rey/Finn seemed to have great chemistry. The rose thing came out of nowhere, oh you love him huh? after at most knowing him a day? Sigh.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator

Ohhh I like this

Lol was she conscious? Rey/Finn seemed to have great chemistry. The rose thing came out of nowhere, oh you love him huh? after at most knowing him a day? Sigh.

pvhrqkyts5vt.png
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member

Ohhh I like this

Rose is a HO!
  • LunarCoil
    371 posts Member
    I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I read part of a leaked script a few days ago that had the juicy details about Roses fate.

So don't read on if you don't want spoilers ....

OK, so here it goes. Rose doesn't die, but her brain can't connect to her body though, and unless they can transplant her brain into a different body, she will die.

Leia, being selfless, offers to her body up so Rose can live. After the brain transplant, Leia dies (this happens off screen). While everyone is mourning the death of Leia, a big shinny Nabooian ships lands at the new Resistance base. It turns out that Jar Jar Binks was one of the allies that got Leias transmission for help at the end of TLJ.

He clumsily falls off the ship says he has come to help the kids of his friend Annie and Padme. He is inconsolable when he finds out they are both dead. In the corner, he see's an unconscious Rose is one of those medical capsules Finn was in at the start of TLJ.

To cut a long story short, Jar Jar agrees to let Roses brain be implanted into his body.

The procedure is successful and everyone is so happy when Rose wakes up alive in Jar Jars body.

When she sees her new body in a mirror, she asked what happened to her old body. At that moment, Roses old body wakes in, and says...

Hi Rose, Meesa very happy to meet you. Youssa body has given me a new lease on life.

I saw notes on this part of the script saying that Rian J has been given the new Rose and Jar Jar for the trilogy he is working on. Apparently they go to some force sensitive planet where they learn the ways of the force from Grand Master Yoda in force ghost form.

You heard it here from me first!
  • LunarCoil wrote: »
    I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I read part of a leaked script a few days ago that had the juicy details about Roses fate.

OK, so here it goes. Rose doesn't die, but her brain can't connect to her body though, and unless they can transplant her brain into a different body, she will die.

Leia, being selfless, offers to her body up so Rose can live. After the brain transplant, Leia dies (this happens off screen). While everyone is mourning the death of Leia, a big shinny Nabooian ships lands at the new Resistance base. It turns out that Jar Jar Binks was one of the allies that got Leias transmission for help at the end of TLJ.

He clumsily falls off the ship says he has come to help the kids of his friend Annie and Padme. He is inconsolable when he finds out they are both dead. In the corner, he see's an unconscious Rose is one of those medical capsules Finn was in at the start of TLJ.

To cut a long story short, Jar Jar agrees to let Roses brain be implanted into his body.

The procedure is successful and everyone is so happy when Rose wakes up alive in Jar Jars body.

When she sees her new body in a mirror, she asked what happened to her old body. At that moment, Roses old body wakes in, and says...

Hi Rose, Meesa very happy to meet you. Youssa body has given me a new lease on life.

I saw notes on this part of the script saying that Rian J has been given the new Rose and Jar Jar for the trilogy he is working on. Apparently they go to some force sensitive planet where they learn the ways of the force from Grand Master Yoda in force ghost form.

This is complete fiction.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    LunarCoil wrote: »

Cool fanfic

Cool fanfic
    TLJ was a fanfic.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Cool fanfic
    TLJ was a fanfic.

Sure.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

Cool fanfic
    TLJ was a fanfic.

You’re actually 100% correct
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Ohhh I like this

I think there might be a moment of letdown for Finn. He likes Rey beyond just great friends. 2 films in now. This dude loves her, lets be honest. JJ needs to flesh this out...But this Poe thing too at the end of TLJ.

Rose + Poe anyone? :D
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

Cool fanfic
    TLJ was a fanfic.

Facts.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • IIPrest0nII
    4902 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to Off-topic section
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • DarthJ
    6824 posts Member

Ohhh I like this

Not only that, she kept huffing at him and pretty much calling him a coward the entire time, and had a go at him for liking Canto! She is obviously going down the 'treat em mean to keep em keen' route
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Serious answer:

No...
  • Vespervin
    692 posts Member
    Sadly, she lives. I would hope that a gruesome death awaits her in the next movie however I wouldn't be surprised if they doubled down on how much of an annoying (line) she is. The... people at Lucasfilm have already showed how they like to react to the fans when on the internets.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.