criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• ross42899
    1500 posts Member
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    The arcade is so close to being great. Right now, it's merely good.

I wish the single player campaign didn't exist and that whole time was spent on making an enjoyable offline arcade mode with big game modes and all. I feared something like this would happen where we are sitting on the back burner for the second time.

Especially considering the campaign was a disaster both in story and gameplay, and every bit as lacking in replay value as we'd thought. Not to mention the terrible writing, and the missed opportunity with a story from the Empire's perspective.

I had fun with the campaign and enjoyed it. I don't see what was wrong with campaign gameplay and the story was okay IMO (although it was somewhat predictable,). My only issue with campaign: I was expecting a few more missions on the Empire's side. It was certainly not a disaster. If at all it was an average campaign you have seen in a similar way before.

That said: If I had to choose between a SP campaign and a large SP offline mode with vehicles & objectives (like GA or Conquest) I would choose the large offline mode.

At least there's still hope we will get that large mode at somepoint and having both a campaign & a larger mode would be the best outcome for me. ;)

• ross42899 wrote: »

I wish the single player campaign didn't exist and that whole time was spent on making an enjoyable offline arcade mode with big game modes and all. I feared something like this would happen where we are sitting on the back burner for the second time.

Especially considering the campaign was a disaster both in story and gameplay, and every bit as lacking in replay value as we'd thought. Not to mention the terrible writing, and the missed opportunity with a story from the Empire's perspective.

I had fun with the campaign and enjoyed it. I don't see what was wrong with campaign gameplay and the story was okay IMO (although it was somewhat predictable,). My only issue with campaign: I was expecting a few more missions on the Empire's side. It was certainly not a disaster. If at all it was an average campaign you have seen in a similar way before.

That said: If I had to choose between a SP campaign and a large SP offline mode with vehicles & objectives (like GA or Conquest) I would choose the large offline mode.

At least there's still hope we will get that large mode at somepoint and having both a campaign & a larger mode would be the best outcome for me. ;)

The campaign was fun; however, it would have been better with split screen. I would much rather have them focus on Arcade though.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

Yep it's also funny everyone said we are heard but no one official has posted on skirmish right here.

@F8RGE are we noticed, or even a priority? We got a smaller starfighter assault with part 1. Is there a chance that part 2 will have more?
  • Tvbromold
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello everyone, I would like to thank the efforts of all those who are struggling so far to achieve a single player content that makes us feel more connected to Star Wars in a wide way, unfortunately I believe it will not be possible. If you think hard, why create a single player similar to the original ones, a skirmish mode with intelligent bots and a 100% legitimate experience that would compete with the multiplayer mode that yields much more with your pay to win policy? Is it really that they can not provide us with something better than the arcade mode? Unfortunately I wanted to be wrong in thinking this but there is no denying that we will not have skirmish single player, we will have small maps with few bots and we will always wait for more and when a new game is released they will do the same to Battlefront 2015, they will apologize and they will do it all again . They have made it clear in the first Battlefront that the focus is multiplayer. Sorry for all if I caused any discomfort and I really wanted to be wrong but there is no denying the facts that the developer gives us simple and unsatisfactory ways and they will not give us more than that because they can not have a lasting game because a new one will leave and not there may be competition, just watch the games in the Battlefield series, after the 3rd formula never changed, before the games lasted and now are forgotten as soon as a new one is released making it we can not even play because only with a multiplayer with rooms empty and a bad campaign mode the game is soon forgotten. Anyway thank you all for the attention and sorry for my bad english.
  • Tvbromold wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I would like to thank the efforts of all those who are struggling so far to achieve a single player content that makes us feel more connected to Star Wars in a wide way, unfortunately I believe it will not be possible. If you think hard, why create a single player similar to the original ones, a skirmish mode with intelligent bots and a 100% legitimate experience that would compete with the multiplayer mode that yields much more with your pay to win policy? Is it really that they can not provide us with something better than the arcade mode? Unfortunately I wanted to be wrong in thinking this but there is no denying that we will not have skirmish single player, we will have small maps with few bots and we will always wait for more and when a new game is released they will do the same to Battlefront 2015, they will apologize and they will do it all again . They have made it clear in the first Battlefront that the focus is multiplayer. Sorry for all if I caused any discomfort and I really wanted to be wrong but there is no denying the facts that the developer gives us simple and unsatisfactory ways and they will not give us more than that because they can not have a lasting game because a new one will leave and not there may be competition, just watch the games in the Battlefield series, after the 3rd formula never changed, before the games lasted and now are forgotten as soon as a new one is released making it we can not even play because only with a multiplayer with rooms empty and a bad campaign mode the game is soon forgotten. Anyway thank you all for the attention and sorry for my bad english.

The game is no longer pay to win. It hasn't been since March. We have already gotten a good amount of offline content added. The devs said they are going to support the mode and have said they are working on a large mode for offline. The new MTX means an offline player is just as big of a market as an online player, if not more.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • mastery0ta
    6140 posts Member
    Arcade is a much better investment than the campaign.

Truth you speak.
  • with the whole leveling problem I think this shows that we need more offline. at least there you wont loose your levels.
  • with the whole leveling problem I think this shows that we need more offline. at least there you wont loose your levels.

I've barely played any online since they added Starfighter Arcade. Are people seriously losing levels?

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

I've barely played any online since they added Starfighter Arcade. Are people seriously losing levels?

Yeah but dice is looking into a fix
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Starfighter Arcade is OK for now but it still doesn't seem as intense as the Assault battles so I am still hoping that we get those objectives soon.

Also still waiting on the Large Ground Battles mode.

Agreed.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Starfighter Arcade is OK for now but it still doesn't seem as intense as the Assault battles so I am still hoping that we get those objectives soon.

Also still waiting on the Large Ground Battles mode.

we are all waiting for this... ea, dice... just do it!
  • Hey guys hope you're all doing well!

Just so you know I've just finished recording my split screen co-op playthrough and review of Starfighter Custom Arcade and shall be uploading it to my channel hopefully this week sometime! ^^
    Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • Looks like we'll be getting the new Kessel map for Arcade! It's a shame we're not seeing any new Starfighter maps though... it would be awesome if they were to bring back Bespin Airspace as an Arcade-exclusive Starfighter map, and then later add it to Starfighter Assault. Especially since we didn't get to play as the Cloud Car offline in the last game, and we only get in one brief segment of the lackluster campaign...

• Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Maybe some fighter squadron and campaign maps could be used for the Starfighter modes until season 3 is out. Also freeform versions of the missions from bf2015 would be good for a more sandbox style experience until we get the large mode. Also, combat areas should be larger with 20v20 ai for team battles and onslaught, if that isn't going to already be a part of the large mode.
  • I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline then the TDM fest arcade is.
    -A convoluted signature

• Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    If they did that and just made a walker assault and fighter squadron mode for all the large maps for Arcade, that would be a great start.
  • SAM4XE
    318 posts Member
    I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline then the TDM fest arcade is.

Fingers crossed that the devs will announce some more arcade content for Season 3 at EAplay this Saturday.
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Is it me or does Split-Screen needs some love as well? Gameplay is pretty choppy especially when video effects like Chromatic Aberration are turned on, it feels like you're playing with 10fps.

BF2015's optimization was great, steady 60fps.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1332 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline then the TDM fest arcade is.

Fingers crossed that the devs will announce some more arcade content for Season 3 at EAplay this Saturday.

Agreed.
  • I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline then the TDM fest arcade is.

Hopefully “Extraction” mode will be available Offline in Arcade, we shall see in 2 weeks.

Yes.

Agreed.

Yepper. :)
    “There is always hope.”
  • Waswaf wrote: »
    Maybe some fighter squadron and campaign maps could be used for the Starfighter modes until season 3 is out. Also freeform versions of the missions from bf2015 would be good for a more sandbox style experience until we get the large mode. Also, combat areas should be larger with 20v20 ai for team battles and onslaught, if that isn't going to already be a part of the large mode.

Bespin Airspace, Jawa Refuge, and Death Star Surface would all make great maps for Starfighter Arcade.

Hopefully “Extraction” mode will be available Offline in Arcade, we shall see in 2 weeks.

Yes.

Agreed.

What is in 2 weeks?
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member

Yes.

Agreed.

What is in 2 weeks?

Think he meant next week
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    As for Starfighter Arcade, F8RGE confirmed that they will update it to full Assault so it should arrive this Wednesday no?
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1332 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    As for Starfighter Arcade, F8RGE confirmed that they will update it to full Assault so it should arrive this Wednesday no?

When did he say this? I know he said they would like too about a month ago. Did Ben update their plans?
  • Well conquest confirmed or something like it so hopefully offline
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Would be great if you guys could bump my post on the general discussion page about making conquest available offline!
  • Well conquest confirmed or something like it so hopefully offline

I really hope so to. It would be so great to have that mode in arcade.

• Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    I saw that Obi Wan, Greivous, Anikan and Dooku are confirmed with Geonosis. Conquest isn't coming fast enough.....LOL
  • SAM4XE
    318 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Is no one the slightest bit concerned that Large scale battles were only officially announced for online multiplayer? Why do I get the feeling that Large scale battles will be online that has bots as well as human players, similar to titanfall?
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Is no one the slightest bit concerned that Large scale battles were only officially announced for online multiplayer? Why do I get the feeling that Large scale battles will be online that has bots as well as human players, similar to titanfall?

Well if they are online with bots then surely they can come offline with bots. If they announced that we would get a complete offline version of this mode but a month or two after the online mode comes out I’ll be happy.
  • McMast13 wrote: »

Well if they are online with bots then surely they can come offline with bots. If they announced that we would get a complete offline version of this mode but a month or two after the online mode comes out I’ll be happy.

Agreed. But all we can do now is have our fingers crossed and wait.
  • We are suppose to get a map of content at the end of the month. Just keep asking Forge and he will probably have a section on it.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1332 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We are suppose to get a map of content at the end of the month. Just keep asking Forge and he will probably have a section on it.

@f8rge Please keep us offline gamers updated as well, thanks!
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Dennis confirmed a new starfighter mode in which you'll be able to destroy capital ships.Is that coming to Arcade along with Conquest?
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    Dennis confirmed a new starfighter mode in which you'll be able to destroy capital ships.Is that coming to Arcade along with Conquest?

He didn't say; however, I hope so.
  • ross42899
    1500 posts Member
    yeah let's hope the new conquest mode will be for MP and offline as well. If they add offline conquest along season 3 the game will be almost perfect.
  • mastery0ta
    6140 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    yeah let's hope the new conquest mode will be for MP and offline as well. If they add offline conquest along season 3 the game will be almost perfect.

IMO, If we got conquest, objectives in SFA and hero AI, the Arcade would be perfect.

• mastery0ta wrote: »

IMO, If we got conquest, objectives in SFA and hero AI, the Arcade would be perfect.

I want to be able to use all the vehicles and play galactic assault offline. Just make the ION disruptor phase something else or just make it play differently if it's too hard for the developers to program. but I'm sure it's possible for the AI to
    • stand in a capture point
    • go up to something and press x
    • go up to something and hold x
    -A convoluted signature

• SAM4XE
    318 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »

I want to be able to use all the vehicles and play galactic assault offline. Just make the ION disruptor phase something else or just make it play differently if it's too hard for the developers to program. but I'm sure it's possible for the AI to
    • stand in a capture point
    • go up to something and press x
    • go up to something and hold x

Bots were able to enable and disable uplinks in walker assault in the last Battlefront game, which essentially the same principle as capturing points.
  • SAM4XE
    318 posts Member
    Kessel Coaxium mine is a a great map, even in Arcade. Also has anyone else noticed that enemy Starfighters in Offline team battles seem to be slightly more aggressive towards human controlled ships? Unfortunately bots are still not capable of locking on and firing missiles at human controlled Starfighters.
  • Loyaavod
    310 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kessel is one of the biggest, multilayered stages we have for Arcade. It plays very well! Again, another good month for Arcade. It keeps getting better. With great customazation and all the locations in the game, Arcade is being fully realized. Thank you SWBF dev team.

I only see two aspects that 15 has over what you have accomplished here with SWBF 2. One is the large game mode, and the other is online co op.

We know the large game mode is coming! I really hope it is for all large locations, because that would actually be a better offering than 15. Plus, I wouldn't mind playing online co op with a friend. Hopefully we see them down the road, and again thanks for the new world! It looks great!

Plus:
    - naboo hangar map
    - night time kashyyyk fix in split screen
    - skins and emotes for player 2 in split screen
    - pre set star cards for player 2 in split screen
    - bossk proximity mines fix in split screen
    - random infantry skins for ai
    - death star rebels on bespin