criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Get a professional team already !!

Prev13
Luketheboss
748 posts Member
edited June 2018
This is the first time I have seen a Triple AAA game have this many bugs. Like seriously fix the game, hire a professional group of people that can fix all the bugs. Your game is broken for months and months, and everytime you introduce a new update, you introduce hundreds of bugs.

Seek help please...

Replies

• Ben is a professional.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Ben is a professional.

How you’re getting away with that alternate account is beyond me.

They banned the other one, with my permission. I had to change accounts because I needed one that was connect to game. I don't have two accounts.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Skowsa
    316 posts Member
    Ben is a professional.

They banned the other one, with my permission. I had to change accounts because I needed one that was connect to game. I don't have two accounts.

I had wondered what happened. Good to know.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Ben is a professional.

Ah gotcha! Thanks.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    This is the first time I have seen a Triple AAA game have this many bugs. Like seriously fix the game, hire a professional group of people that can fix all the bugs. Your game is broken for months and months, and everytime you introduce a new update, you introduce hundreds of bugs.

Seek help please...

There is no such thing as a Triple AAA game. No game is advertised as such. So people need to stop with the AAA game stuff. It is a 60 dollar game just like most new releases.
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    It's unfair to say this is the first AAA game to have so many bugs. Other games had issues like that before...

...such as Battlefront 2015.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    danilojbg wrote: »
    It's unfair to say this is the first AAA game to have so many bugs. Other games had issues like that before...

Indeed, there have been a plethora of games in the past released with piles of bugs... but this is now, so of course this is the worst ever, just like the next game will be the worst ever, and so on and so forth ad infinitum.
  • Bad news: Progression Related bugs are some of the worst ones you can have.

Good news: Because of that this bug is likely to get fixed pretty quickly.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

Indeed, there have been a plethora of games in the past released with piles of bugs... but this is now, so of course this is the worst ever, just like the next game will be the worst ever, and so on and so forth ad infinitum.

For me it's not so much the amount of bugs but rather the consistency and longevity of the bugs. How many times have they fixed one thing just to break another (Like Palpy this update)? How many times have they "fixed a bug" only for it to still be broken (Maul's lightsaber throw)? How long has it taken them to fix bugs like Hero Emotes (JUST got fixed at the expense of breaking a hero and glitching out the ranks yet again)? Not to mention persistenting glitches/bugs like Luke/Yoda's force pushes being inconsistent and Darth Vader locking up in his choke animation. All this back and forth of fixing and breaking just screams of amateur hour and lack of experienced support for the game.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

For me it's not so much the amount of bugs but rather the consistency and longevity of the bugs. How many times have they fixed one thing just to break another (Like Palpy this update)? How many times have they "fixed a bug" only for it to still be broken (Maul's lightsaber throw)? How long has it taken them to fix bugs like Hero Emotes (JUST got fixed at the expense of breaking a hero and glitching out the ranks yet again)? Not to mention persistenting glitches/bugs like Luke/Yoda's force pushes being inconsistent and Darth Vader locking up in his choke animation. All this back and forth of fixing and breaking just screams of amateur hour and lack of experienced support for the game.

I played original alpha/beta of WoW... there were bugs from the beta which still persist today... what is that like 15 years (blink bug for example)... other more gamebreaking bugs like unlimited ap/pom/pyro mage bug which allowed you to endlessly 1 shot people until you were out of mana were in the game for almost a year before being fixed... and that was a game with a monthly subscription and generally thought of as having good developer support. The point is, it is not surprising that this game has the level of support it does because A. it has no subscription model, and B. it was published by EA which has a 20+ year history of minimal support of their non subscription model games... and this is not unique to EA, most non subscription model games do not historically have great after delivery support regardless of the publisher. Another great example is Skyrim... which is known as an excellent game... but I had to install a 3rd party scripting mod and then install a multitude of 3rd party mods to fix bugs from the developers.
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    Well, tbh, this will be the last FPS I buy. I stopped at the Battlefield series at 3 and I think this is the last of the Battlefront series for me.

Get Rainbow Six Siege - best fps out and will restore your faith.

I played original alpha/beta of WoW... there were bugs from the beta which still persist today... what is that like 15 years (blink bug for example)... other more gamebreaking bugs like unlimited ap/pom/pyro mage bug which allowed you to endlessly 1 shot people until you were out of mana were in the game for almost a year before being fixed... and that was a game with a monthly subscription and generally thought of as having good developer support. The point is, it is not surprising that this game has the level of support it does because A. it has no subscription model, and B. it was published by EA which has a 20+ year history of minimal support of their non subscription model games... and this is not unique to EA, most non subscription model games do not historically have great after delivery support regardless of the publisher. Another great example is Skyrim... which is known as an excellent game... but I had to install a 3rd party scripting mod and then install a multitude of 3rd party mods to fix bugs from the developers.

I've never played WoW, but from what I've seen and heard, that game is way bigger and probably more intricate than BF, I mean its been growing for the passed 15 years with expansions and what not. I have played Witcher 3, a game with no subscription or micros, and that game had phenomenal support from the devs. It's like you say though, this is EA we're talking about, no one should be surprised, it just really sucks that it's being done to a beloved franchise. Had this been any other game, I would've dropped it months ago, only here because it's Star Wars (but even that is starting to fade).

• Sniper_Elite5797
    262 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree amatuer hour!!! I have actually been booted off this site 3 times for complaining in capitals “ apparently yelling” at programmers to get there together. GA TONIGHT was again completely unplayable with the extreme lag and the progression issues. Either fix it or shut the servers down amd let us move on!!
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree amatuer hour!!! I have actually been booted off this site 3 times for complaining in capitals “ apparently yelling” at programmers to get there $h1t together. GA TONIGHT was again completely unplayable with the extreme lag and the progression issues. Either fix it or shut the servers down amd let us move on!!

Are you saying that you lack the self discipline necessary to stop playing a video game you apparently dislike without all access to it being removed for everyone in the world? I have what may be a novel and mindblowing thought... perhaps don't play a game if you dislike it...

This AAA game should be accredited properly, catorgorized as a failure.. meeting customers expectations of AAA game., content/services. Now that you have a new defined standard, it will be easier to compare future infinitums to current rankings of a AAA money scheme failure gone wrong. Compile a list of changes will be constant/promises/excuses/wait/soon it'll be worth the wait - to the services/content/ hot fixes that validate EA as said AAA service. Notice they fix money issues quickly.? A simple bug gets heavily exploited for how long? Hot fix which seems to change other non variable factors and contributes to only make several more bugs.. or a super bug. Clearly impacting the community's overall quality of life/online gaming experience. So what AAA game have you played that compares to EAs failure of a provider of service 11/17/17 starwars battlefront 2?
    ENDLESSGOD wrote: »

This AAA game should be accredited properly, catorgorized as a failure.. meeting customers expectations of AAA game., content/services. Now that you have a new defined standard, it will be easier to compare future infinitums to current rankings of a AAA money scheme failure gone wrong. Compile a list of changes will be constant/promises/excuses/wait/soon it'll be worth the wait - to the services/content/ hot fixes that validate EA as said AAA service. Notice they fix money issues quickly.? A simple bug gets heavily exploited for how long? Hot fix which seems to change other non variable factors and contributes to only make several more bugs.. or a super bug. Clearly impacting the community's overall quality of life/online gaming experience. So what AAA game have you played that compares to EAs failure of a provider of service 11/17/17 starwars battlefront 2?

Firstly, AAA is a meaningless informal designation invented by journalists and forumites to describe a game (usually to describe its cost and marketing budget rather than its quality). Does it mean the game was expensive to produce (how expensive... what is the cutoff)? Does it mean the game was produced only by a major studio (what qualifies as a major studio)? Does it mean the game is only of the highest quality (how is quality measured)? Does it mean that game is going to have live support (how frequent and of what quantity)? Does it mean the game is going to have a subscription model? Does it mean the game is more expensive to purchase than the competition (again, what is the cutoff)? Without any formal definition of what qualifies a game as being AAA status, assigning a game "AAA" status and then claiming it didn't live up to that status seems a bit pointless.

Secondly, it strains credulity to think that a game which only under-performed initial sales estimates by approximately 10% conservatively and no doubt generated significant revenue for both EA and Disney could be "categorized as a failure" in any objective sense. The game under-performed for what it was, but that hardly constitutes "failure" as you put it. To your point about expectations, that is a completely subjective category and will have wild variance across the market of gamers, particularly again as there is no formal definition for what AAA even means.

Finally, I have played a multitude of games which were/are high budget for their times which have had significant game-breaking bugs which were NEVER corrected by the developers... here is just a small sample...

Star Wars Galaxies: Ability to dupe items and manipulate slicing/crafting to create superweapons and armor... totally gamebreaking, never patched while I played.
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault... ability to jump/crouch at a ladder and become a "landshark" making you very difficult to hit as your body was flattened and textured into the ground... IN MULTIPLAYER... never fixed. A multitude of bugs on various maps allowing you to get underneath/behind multiplayer maps and kill people with impunity.
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast... Ability to run up/down walls, jump into unreachable positions, and use special locations to basically noclip your way across maps IN MULTIPLAYER... never fixed.
    WoW: Ability to 1 shot people as a mage for almost the first whole year of the game with unlimited at/pom/pyro glitch if you knew what you were doing. Mage still has a blink bug where blink actually teleports you backwards which has been in the game since ALPHA 15+ years ago... never fixed. During the initial release of AQ40 instance it turned out that the final encounter was unbeatable given the best gear available at the time... it took months to address this while the best players rammed their heads into an unbeatable encounter if I remember correctly and this was a live service with a monthly subscription.
    Skyrim: Multiple bugs which could cause the game to crash and you to lose all progress. Additionally storyline bugs present where if you talked to the wrong person at the wrong time, or happened to kill the wrong NPC at the wrong time it would completely stop your progression and you would have to completely restart the game from square one (I found this out 80 hours into my first playthrough). The last time I played Skyrim these bugs still existed and you had to patch them using 3rd party extensions and the SKSE.
    Original COD through BO2 (where I stopped playing it). Every COD game up to/including BO2 had a bug allowing you to bypass ALL the progression (max prestige) and unlock ALL the weapons within your first match of playing the game... this was never fixed
    GTA Online (and offline as well). Every GTA game has had the ability to dupe/manipulate currency to get limitless credits. My GTA online account has hundreds of millions of credits as we speak and I purchased everything in the game a long time ago. Additionally, GTA online has a bug where you can become invulnerable to everyone in multiplayer, and also has a bug in the racing mini games which allow you to boost your cars speed beyond what anyone normally playing can get close to.
    SWTOR: Bug in a specific location which allowed you to clip NPC's off the map which killed them and generate massive XP allowing you to reach max level absurdly quickly... I think I reached max level within a couple days of playing... this was never patched as far as I know, and I reported it in the beta.
    Neverwinter Nights: Ability to use the provided developer toolset to create superweapons/armors which could then be used in multiplayer... never patched while I played.
    Battlefield Series: Spawning or being revived with no weapon and having to run around like an **** trying to punch people or suicide. Going to prone and falling through the world on multiple maps.

These are just a small sampling of major bugs present in what I think we could agree were/are major titles for their times which as far as I know where never fixed. There were many other bugs/problems with all these games as well, these are just the ones that popped into my head writing this.

Finally, there is NO game that can compare to this game as far as EA's business model, because the current EA business model for this game is NOT what the game was sold with. EA's business model for the live service was predicated upon the ability of people to purchase crates which would give them crafting parts which they could then use to bypass the progression. With the misguided uproar over this alleged "p2win" mechanic (It was actually a pay2progress mechanic... no different than buying XP booster packs, or buying level up packages in WoW etc), EA went back to the drawing board and revised the progression system to be a more traditional model; however, expecting EA to remove the principle revenue stream intended to support the originally promised "live service model" and then provide the original iteration of the live service model is incredibly naive. Without the revenue from people paying to bypass the progression, the budget for live service will naturally have to be scaled back proportionally; thus we have the situation we are in now which is unprecedented in previous games due to EA/DICE performing a full scale lobotomy on their revenue model post launch (as opposed to abandoning the product)... and I think the only reason EA did not just ditch this product entirely was because they are likely contractually obligated by Disney to support the licensed IP.

There have been plenty of high budget/highly publicized games over the years which have had similar problems as far as bugs etc... the difference is that in this situation people are still expecting EA to provide the service they originally promised, despite those same people rejecting the business model upon which the service was dependent. There is no problem with disliking the business model EA chose to adopt and choosing to reject it; however, you cannot expect the same level of live service after rejecting the business model upon which the live service was predicated. Since that business model has been effectively done away with, we are left with the same level of support as other post release titles without subscription models... which historically as I noted above has been poor for EA and also the industry as a whole.

^ TL;DR

SWBF2 has been effectively neutered. The future of this game died alongside the death of its lootboxes. The battle that we "won" came at the cost of ditching any hope this game had for substantial future content.

P.S. This one's for comic book guy ;)

zsn5tg.jpg

Honestly though, EA/DICE are just hurting themselves if they truly intend to go down this route. This was essentially their first impression to the public for their "live service" model. If all we get is crumbs for the remainder of this game's life, no one is ever going to take any other game they produce, under these same "services", seriously. It's actually already begun, just take a quick look at the reception to Battlefield V when they announced its "live service" model, there is already deep concern (justifiably so) by the community that BFV will just turn out to be "another Battlefront" with meager post-launch content and support.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member

Firstly, AAA is a meaningless informal designation invented by journalists and forumites to describe a game (usually to describe its cost and marketing budget rather than its quality). Does it mean the game was expensive to produce (how expensive... what is the cutoff)? Does it mean the game was produced only by a major studio (what qualifies as a major studio)? Does it mean the game is only of the highest quality (how is quality measured)? Does it mean that game is going to have live support (how frequent and of what quantity)? Does it mean the game is going to have a subscription model? Does it mean the game is more expensive to purchase than the competition (again, what is the cutoff)? Without any formal definition of what qualifies a game as being AAA status, assigning a game "AAA" status and then claiming it didn't live up to that status seems a bit pointless.

Secondly, it strains credulity to think that a game which only under-performed initial sales estimates by approximately 10% conservatively and no doubt generated significant revenue for both EA and Disney could be "categorized as a failure" in any objective sense. The game under-performed for what it was, but that hardly constitutes "failure" as you put it. To your point about expectations, that is a completely subjective category and will have wild variance across the market of gamers, particularly again as there is no formal definition for what AAA even means.

Finally, I have played a multitude of games which were/are high budget for their times which have had significant game-breaking bugs which were NEVER corrected by the developers... here is just a small sample...

Star Wars Galaxies: Ability to dupe items and manipulate slicing/crafting to create superweapons and armor... totally gamebreaking, never patched while I played.
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault... ability to jump/crouch at a ladder and become a "landshark" making you very difficult to hit as your body was flattened and textured into the ground... IN MULTIPLAYER... never fixed. A multitude of bugs on various maps allowing you to get underneath/behind multiplayer maps and kill people with impunity.
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast... Ability to run up/down walls, jump into unreachable positions, and use special locations to basically noclip your way across maps IN MULTIPLAYER... never fixed.
    WoW: Ability to 1 shot people as a mage for almost the first whole year of the game with unlimited at/pom/pyro glitch if you knew what you were doing. Mage still has a blink bug where blink actually teleports you backwards which has been in the game since ALPHA 15+ years ago... never fixed. During the initial release of AQ40 instance it turned out that the final encounter was unbeatable given the best gear available at the time... it took months to address this while the best players rammed their heads into an unbeatable encounter if I remember correctly and this was a live service with a monthly subscription.
    Skyrim: Multiple bugs which could cause the game to crash and you to lose all progress. Additionally storyline bugs present where if you talked to the wrong person at the wrong time, or happened to kill the wrong NPC at the wrong time it would completely stop your progression and you would have to completely restart the game from square one (I found this out 80 hours into my first playthrough). The last time I played Skyrim these bugs still existed and you had to patch them using 3rd party extensions and the SKSE.
    Original COD through BO2 (where I stopped playing it). Every COD game up to/including BO2 had a bug allowing you to bypass ALL the progression (max prestige) and unlock ALL the weapons within your first match of playing the game... this was never fixed
    GTA Online (and offline as well). Every GTA game has had the ability to dupe/manipulate currency to get limitless credits. My GTA online account has hundreds of millions of credits as we speak and I purchased everything in the game a long time ago. Additionally, GTA online has a bug where you can become invulnerable to everyone in multiplayer, and also has a bug in the racing mini games which allow you to boost your cars speed beyond what anyone normally playing can get close to.
    SWTOR: Bug in a specific location which allowed you to clip NPC's off the map which killed them and generate massive XP allowing you to reach max level absurdly quickly... I think I reached max level within a couple days of playing... this was never patched as far as I know, and I reported it in the beta.
    Neverwinter Nights: Ability to use the provided developer toolset to create superweapons/armors which could then be used in multiplayer... never patched while I played.
    Battlefield Series: Spawning or being revived with no weapon and having to run around like an **** trying to punch people or suicide. Going to prone and falling through the world on multiple maps.

These are just a small sampling of major bugs present in what I think we could agree were/are major titles for their times which as far as I know where never fixed. There were many other bugs/problems with all these games as well, these are just the ones that popped into my head writing this.

Finally, there is NO game that can compare to this game as far as EA's business model, because the current EA business model for this game is NOT what the game was sold with. EA's business model for the live service was predicated upon the ability of people to purchase crates which would give them crafting parts which they could then use to bypass the progression. With the misguided uproar over this alleged "p2win" mechanic (It was actually a pay2progress mechanic... no different than buying XP booster packs, or buying level up packages in WoW etc), EA went back to the drawing board and revised the progression system to be a more traditional model; however, expecting EA to remove the principle revenue stream intended to support the originally promised "live service model" and then provide the original iteration of the live service model is incredibly naive. Without the revenue from people paying to bypass the progression, the budget for live service will naturally have to be scaled back proportionally; thus we have the situation we are in now which is unprecedented in previous games due to EA/DICE performing a full scale lobotomy on their revenue model post launch (as opposed to abandoning the product)... and I think the only reason EA did not just ditch this product entirely was because they are likely contractually obligated by Disney to support the licensed IP.

There have been plenty of high budget/highly publicized games over the years which have had similar problems as far as bugs etc... the difference is that in this situation people are still expecting EA to provide the service they originally promised, despite those same people rejecting the business model upon which the service was dependent. There is no problem with disliking the business model EA chose to adopt and choosing to reject it; however, you cannot expect the same level of live service after rejecting the business model upon which the live service was predicated. Since that business model has been effectively done away with, we are left with the same level of support as other post release titles without subscription models... which historically as I noted above has been poor for EA and also the industry as a whole.

^ TL;DR

SWBF2 has been effectively neutered. The future of this game died alongside the death of its lootboxes. The battle that we "won" came at the cost of ditching any hope this game had for substantial future content.

zsn5tg.jpg

Honestly though, EA/DICE are just hurting themselves if they truly intend to go down this route. This was essentially their first impression to the public for their "live service" model. If all we get is crumbs for the remainder of this game's life, no one is ever going to take any other game they produce, under these same "services", seriously. It's actually already begun, just take a quick look at the reception to Battlefield V when they announced its "live service" model, there is already deep concern (justifiably so) by the community that BFV will just turn out to be "another Battlefront" with meager post-launch content and support.

Ehh, I wouldn't say the future of this game died... I would just say that the scale of support received will be proportional to the revenue the game is generating... how much it is generating is unknown, but it is safe to assume it is significantly less than the original model would have generated, and thus there will be significantly less content provided through the live service.

As far as the future, I would be shocked if this has any long-term impact on EA/DICE. Gamers are fickle and their talk is cheap (as evidenced by EA's entire history of behavior... and they had more earnings than Activision/Blizzard last year despite generating significantly less revenue... Also evidenced by the "outrage" over the CoD Infinite Warfare trailer which then went on to sell a cool 12 million+units.).

As long as EA sets realistic expectations for the "live services" which can be sustained by the revenue stream they will be fine going forward... the problem here is that they set the expectation based upon a revenue stream which no longer exists, and rather than just acknowledge that with a reduced revenue stream there will be reduced services, EA has publicly made no effort to change peoples expectations... despite what all business sense and practical history would tell us to be true.

^ TL;DR

zsn5tg.jpg

Ehh, I wouldn't say the future of this game died... I would just say that the scale of support received will be proportional to the revenue the game is generating... how much it is generating is unknown, but it is safe to assume it is significantly less than the original model would have generated, and thus there will be significantly less content provided through the live service.

As far as the future, I would be shocked if this has any long-term impact on EA/DICE. Gamers are fickle and their talk is cheap (as evidenced by EA's entire history of behavior... and they had more earnings than Activision/Blizzard last year despite generating significantly less revenue... Also evidenced by the "outrage" over the CoD Infinite Warfare trailer which then went on to sell a cool 12 million+units.).

As long as EA sets realistic expectations for the "live services" which can be sustained by the revenue stream they will be fine going forward... the problem here is that they set the expectation based upon a revenue stream which no longer exists, and rather than just acknowledge that with a reduced revenue stream there will be reduced services, EA has publicly made no effort to change peoples expectations... despite what all business sense and practical history would tell us to be true.

Not dead but definitely in a vegetative state? lol regardless the support for this game has been atrocious. Although a lot of gamers are full of talk, I wouldn't write them off or underestimate the power of community's influence, I mean this game is where it's at right now because of the community banding together under "the cause".

Btw Infinite Warfare was SAVED by the fact that it had CoD4 Remastered in its back pocket, had it just been IW, I seriously doubt that CoD would've done as well as it did. Nostalgia saved that dumpster fire.

^ TL;DR

zsn5tg.jpg

Not dead but definitely in a vegetative state? lol regardless the support for this game has been atrocious. Although a lot of gamers are full of talk, I wouldn't write them off or underestimate the power of community's influence, I mean, this game is where it's at right now because of the community banding together under "the cause".

Btw Infinite Warfare was SAVED by the fact that it had CoD4 Remastered in its back pocket, had it just been IW, I seriously doubt that CoD would've done as well as it did. Nostalgia saved that dumpster fire.
  • its quite shameful when they make this much money of a loyal SW fanbase that they wont even spend 5% of it making sure the people stay loyal instead of **** off and tired of buying new bug filled releases. It will only hurt their own income in the end.
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    EoTRampage wrote: »
    its quite shameful when they make this much money of a loyal SW fanbase that they wont even spend 5% of it making sure the people stay loyal instead of **** off and tired of buying new bug filled releases. It will only hurt their own income in the end.

Oh come on. Many of us remember thread after thread on the BF2015 forum saying they would never, ever, ever buy BF2 and guess what... almost all of them did.

It'll be the same if there is an EA/DICE BF3. It will sell because it's a Star Wars title... and hope will trump experience. Unfortunately that's why EA make the money they do. It's cynical, but it's profitable.
  • DICE make and EA release broken games, wouldn't buy another EA game, ever.
  • So much bad games are released, but this isn't one of them. Devs are just making too many mistakes when releasing patches, perhaps more QA would be appreciated, tough then also waiting time increases. They had to release something because Solo movie was out, maybe that was too hasty and they didn't test it properly. I still would buy Star Wars Battlefront 3, if they at least promise to make it better, often those promises are like tears in ocean or taking grain of salt. I will buy Star Wars game if it is at least average game, but this game has been awesome game and I have enjoyed most of the time I have spend playing it, of course I don't like bugs and recent bugs are only getting worse, ranking down bug is rendering this game completely unplayable.
  • This is my first battlefront game after battlefront ii (2005) and if this wont get fixed I wont buy the new one.
    I stopped buying fifa too after getting it almost every year. They need to prove themselves before I spend money on them not the other way around.

I know most gamers are not like that though unfortunately thats why things wont change.
  • EoTRampage wrote: »
    This is my first battlefront game after battlefront ii (2005) and if this wont get fixed I wont buy the new one.
    I stopped buying fifa too after getting it almost every year. They need to prove themselves before I spend money on them not the other way around.

I know most gamers are not like that though unfortunately thats why things wont change.

There is no way they can bring trust back too people unless they are huge modes like conquest, which is probably in Battlefront III.

See you in Battlefront 3.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • People are a little dramatic on the interweb... game has more support than older games yet less new content than promised. Get over it and let’s hope for the new content

See you in Battlefront 3.

Haha true... all the haters will pull out their wallets in due time
  • Hello hundreds of bugs, destiny? No. Fine well just pout
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    People are a little dramatic on the interweb... game has more support than older games yet less new content than promised. Get over it and let’s hope for the new content

What did they actually promise us?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    People are a little dramatic on the interweb... game has more support than older games yet less new content than promised. Get over it and let’s hope for the new content

What did they actually promise us?

Well they were never very specific in their promises... maybe I see why now. Just that the game would be continually supported for a long time with new content being released in seasons. After they cancelled MTX, the statement released made it seem like they would continue to listen to fan desires in an ongoing dialogue with new content released on the regular...which is kind of happening, I guess.

Despite how much I love Crait...the TLJ season was fairly underwhelming, and that was a bad sign. The whole “choose your side” competition could have been more well-thought out, as well, to increase participation. I’ve played free mobile apps over many months that have inspired me more to log in everyday for a basic competition. I’ve even been bought things with MTX on these mobile apps because they were fun. In TLJ season (and obviously Solo season so far) it never really seemed like anything different/new than the regular game content. /endrant
  • I won't buy BFV. I won't buy another Starwars game from EA. I don't like their sports games anyway. Plenty of other games out there. Plenty of games that are 2+ years old that are more solid and have more content. EA is going to rely on these "people" who think what they are getting is acceptable. It is not. Plan on getting nothing but small time garbage from them for the next year. Even if they remaster all the old maps. That is OLD content. They will be just doing that to try to save their butts. They don't have the manpower to produce enough content to be worthy of any appreciation.

• The Game has issues, The Server Issues are absolutley Their Fault. there is now Quality Control at EA/Dice...They have your Money...They can't get anymore due to no longer buying crates sinc ethe 3 day..EA and Dice say...F--It Move along. Does anyone think they Really Care about this game. Their own Star (Iden) stopped playing it completely, doesn't talk about it and chooses to play fornite instead. I am upset but this is the last Game by EA/Dice Ill Buy. I stopped NHL and Madden in 2016. Gave this one a chance. Ill Play it till it dies which it is in Hospice care now.

This season is a Joke.. Even The Youtube Hype brothers Star Wars HQ know it is dying..

The Last Season is Coming...It may be Clone wars it may be the Jar Jar vs Little Orphan Annie, Vs Rose in a Pod Race in Beggars canyon...

How can anyone think this game is relevant now for SONY/ and Everyone at EA...It isnt
    Prediction They Pull the Plug by November...1 year after release and it becomes one with the force. Porkins Lasted Longer

giphy.gif
  • EoTRampage
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    How is fixing something that has been a problem since launch (quitting singleplayer = freeze or crash) rushing something???
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Further update on this, work is ongoing. Appreciate it's frustrating, but I'm afraid it's not something we can rush or speed up.

See, told y'all Ben is a professional.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Different bugs have different priorities and are separated into several categories.

There is 5 categories of bugs. Different bugs get different priorities and fixing a bug isn't always easy. So separate each bug you know of into one of these and then think which ones get what priority.

Class A. A bug that crashes or freezes the game.

Class B. A bug that Hinders progression but doesn't crash the game.

Class C. A bug that doesn't hinder or crash but is still a problem.

Class D. A minor bug that doesn't really do anything but still is a bug.

Class E. A cosmetic bug.

Trust me this is not the buggiest triple A game.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • My star cards did not roll back, but the rank did. Not sure why I am hopeful that the rank progress will be restored ultimately, but I am. In terms of the state of this game though in general, it's kind of sad.
  • Cryptic
    73 posts Member
    Staff reduced down to bare bones, don't expect updates or fixes soon.
  • Ben is a professional.

Some **** ban my last 3 accounts straight so I had to restart. He said nobody like me and I’m a loser. I didn’t even do any thing but post some interested topics and the topics I posted back then were popular.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!