criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Favorites from the Star Wars Soundtracks

What are your favorite tracks/themes/suites/etc. from the Star Wars soundtracks?

"Panaka and the Queen's Protectors" from the Phantom Menace Soundtrack is forever emblazoned into my heart, as my earlier experiences with Star Wars involved LEGO Star Wars: The Videogame and the sequel on the PS2. The main bit of this wonderful track played after each level, while your score, minikits and other unlocks were tallied up.

The "Guardians of the Whills Suite" and "Imperial Suite" from Giacchino's Rogue One soundtrack are also fairly special to me. The latter is something else, an incredibly imposing theme that suits Krennic and his Death Troopers remarkably well, and I never noticed how beautiful the Guardians of the Whills theme was until I heard it live in concert.

Duel of the Fates, the Imperial March, The Throne Room, (and Jabba's Baroque Recital, for kicks) almost go without saying. But what are some of your favorites or stand-outs?
idbrs4zinhdu.gif

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    The Cantina score!
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    The Cantina score!

Of course! An undeniable classic.
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif

• Very short, but one of my favorites. Played when Grievous first appeared in RotS, really captures the character well.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • My personal favourite

Also quite fond of this

And I adore this
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Empire_TW
    4174 posts Member
    I'm not too good on names so excuse if I get any wrong.

Imperial March

Music from the Hallway scene from Rogue One

Rogue One theme

I am actually quite fond of the themes for Star Wars games too

Vode An

Forces of Corruption

Battlefront 2 reveal trailer theme

Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Wonderful picks, all around. And yes, the video games have some stand out tracks as well (thanks for the reminder @Empire_TW)!

I think that the Battlefront 2 soundtrack is pretty wonderful overall, as well. The original score, as mentioned by a few YouTube comments, has a distinct John Williamsy flavor which is pretty awesome! Captures the essence of his work fairly well.
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • Zach
    539 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    “The Last Jedi” track from TLJ score. Truly epic work from John Williams
    Post edited by Zach on
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Imperial March

Rogue One theme

Vode An

Forces of Corruption

Darth Vader in the hallway music is titled "Hope".
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Empire_TW
    4174 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Imperial March

Rogue One theme

Vode An

Forces of Corruption

Darth Vader in the hallway music is titled "Hope".

Wow, really?
    hrevuz1fldnh.jpg
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DarthJ
    5407 posts Member
    Love all that have been mentioned so far.

A personal favourite of mine is 'March on the Jedi Temple' (if it is called that), when Anakin/Vader marches into the temple with the 501st. Just an epic piece, love how its in the game too. Makes me feel epic when that comes on.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Trooper8059
    10194 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Just a couple of mine in no particular order.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    339 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    My absolute favorite piece of Star Wars music:

• LaurenXIV
    442 posts Member
    Some of my favorites have already been mentioned, so I wanted to add more rather than repeating :)

"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Zach
    539 posts Member
    I’m a big fan of the Kylo Ren theme. I’ve kinda adapted it as my own person victory tune when appropriate lol
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    Some of my favorites have already been mentioned, so I wanted to add more rather than repeating :)

Rey’s Theme is absolutely fantastic imo. Very beautiful. One of my favourites and a John Williams gem. Good pick.

Yoda’s theme would be my number one however. I could live the rest of my life to that soundtrack.
  • StayOnTarget
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Rey's theme is a great one—undoubtedly my most played track from The Force Awakens score! (Hats off to @LaurenXIV for mentioning it!)

I should add that I particularly enjoy "The Scavenger" from the same score as well, for it acts as a bit of a prelude to the dedicated theme by bringing in the main melody into a very rich composition.
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Battle of the heroes from ROTS
    A Jedi’s fury from ROTJ
  • March on the jedi temple is really underrated and overlooked.
    "Never tell me the odds!"