criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Your favorite Star Wars movie scenes

Zach
549 posts Member
edited June 2018
While the topic of favorite elements from the films is trending, what are you guys’ favorite scenes from the films? I’ll start with my top 5:
1) Darth Vader at the end of RO
2) Snoke’s throne room scene capped off by Holdo’s epic sacrifice from TLJ
3) Battle of Hoth
4) The entire sequence of the Death Star blowing up Jedha City in RO
5) Battle of Yavin and the Death Star trench run in ANH
Honorable Mention: Anakin vs Obi Wan

Replies

• LaurenXIV
    449 posts Member
    Just a random selection:

Luke vs Vader - Empire Strikes Back
    Trench Run - A New Hope
    Everything that happens on Crait - The Last Jedi
    Throne Room Scene - The Last Jedi
    Rey vs Kylo Ren - The Force Awakens
    Escape from Jakku - The Force Awakens
    Rey/Kylo on Takodana - The Force Awakens
    Rey/Kylo's force bond - The Last Jedi
    Holdo's Sacrifice - The Last Jedi
    Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul - The Phantom Menace
    Darth Vader scene - Rogue One
    Luke/Yoda scene - The Last Jedi
    Battle of Scarif - Rogue One
    Attack on Echo Base - Empire Strikes Back
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • DarthJ
    6695 posts Member
    If I had to pick a top 5 (not in particular order):

- The cantina scene from ANH - this scene to me is what the star wars galaxy is all about. Every time I watch the scene it hits me. The various alien species, underworldy type characters, and of course Han and Chewies introduction.
    - Vader scene from Rogue One - This is what Vader is all about. Destroying those rebels. Watching that every time gives me goosebumps.
    - Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon from TPM - perfect fight scene, music.
    - Cloud City, Vader vs Luke from TESB - the emotion and obviously the big reveal by Vader. The fight had a ton of suspense.
    - Vaders first breath in ROTS - not the cheesy noooo, but before that, when the mask first goes on, imperial march playing softly in the background, and Vaders first iconic breath. Again, gives me goosebumps.

Honourable mentions to Obi-Wan vs Anakin, Order 66, scenes on the Death Star, Battle of Yavin, Battle of Hoth, DSII final showdown, Yoda vs Palpatine
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I have such a random favourite... I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite Star Wars scene but I’ve always loved it and I don’t really know why. It’s over in like a minute, and it’s nothing special, but there’s something about the pacing, the music and the events taking place that I really like:

Between 0:00 - 0:56

Also Vader saving Luke in RotJ (before GL went in and ruined it...) and the Yoda scene in TLJ.
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    I have such a random favourite... I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite Star Wars scene but I’ve always loved it and I don’t really know why. It’s over in like a minute, and it’s nothing special, but there’s something about the pacing, the music and the events taking place that I really like:

Between 0:00 - 0:56

Also Vader saving Luke in RotJ (before GL went in and ruined it...) and the Yoda scene in TLJ.

Yesss I love everything about the Battle of Hoth scene. It’s truly iconic and it’s a shame BF2 screwed up Hoth so miserably because it’s the map I always look forward to most in BF games
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    1.Vader hallway scene from Rogue One
    2.The stormtroopers storming the tantive 4
    3.Piett's promotion from the Empire Strikes Back
    4.The battle on Jeda from Rogue one
    5.The Death Troopers arriving to engage the rebels on the beach
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I really like the opening scene from Revenge of The Sith. I think it shows a return to form after Attack of the Clones. The crawl fills us in on the details, and just like that you're right into the thick of it, similar to how A New Hope opens up. The lead up to that first shot of all the ships slugging it out helps build up the tension, and that reveal has you in a sense of awe at the sheer size of the battle.

Because Attack of The Clones only showed the start of the war, Revenge of The Sith really needed to capture this feeling that the war has escalated after that initial battle. The crawl alone would not be enough. The visuals following that initial reveal really help set that up. You're immediately invested.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Hard to beat all the above picks (which mention pretty much all of my faves), but the following stayed with me.

Yoda's introduction in Empire is also fantastic.

f4ngtqoivafy.gif
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member

I gotta say this is my favorite scene in Star Wars. "All batteries fire, fire!!"
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • 1. Yoda vs Palpatine
    2. Yoda and Luke in The Last Jedi
    3. Palpatine's throne room scene
    4. Yoda training Luke
    5. Vader vs Luke on cloud city
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Anakin vs Obi Wan battle from ROTS would be my #1 favorite by far. Even the music from this scene is perfect.

Some other notable mentions-

- The march on the Jedi temple
    - Luke vs Vader from ROTJ
    - Maul vs Obi Wan/qui gon from TPM
    - Opening star fighter scene from ROTS
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    The Kamikaze scene from TLJ. The only good thing about that movie.
    Psn: Jello770
  • This is my favourite scene in all of Star Wars.

The music is perfect.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    This is my favourite scene in all of Star Wars.

The music is perfect.
    Really underrated.