criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Opinions on the Wookiee Warrior in Galactic Assault.

Empire_TW
4150 posts Member
Let me start this off by saying I am not calling for any nerfs nor do I make these kind of threads often. For the most part I think the enforcers are balanced as of right now. In blast and strike they are fine and there isn't any balance issues baring weather reinforcements should be in those modes or not but this is not what I want this thread to be about.

That said not a day goes by when it seems I am either on a team winning a game we had no business winning or on a team that should have won both of those situations being because of the wookiee warrior.

The fact of the matter is:
GA is a mode with lots of small chokepoints.
The defenders by default have a slight advantage because defense is always a bit easier then offence.
The light side have heroes that buff their enforcers.
The thermal imploder while used defensively is far superior to the sonic imploder, wrist rocket, and fire imploder.
The thermal imploder has more killing potential then the other enforcer's grenades.
More times then not the light side is on the defensive with the before mentioned ally buffing heroes and thermal armed enfocers.

Now not all maps have this issue. Endor, Death Star 2, Jakku, Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Takodana, Crait, and Starkillerbase are all fine. However on Kamino and Theed it seems that the Wookiee warriors alone can win the match by themselves. Hoth and Yavin are a tad bit different. It seems on that unless you take the objectives in a certain order you are not gonna win. On Yavin it seems that if you don't take the right objective first you simply cannot win because once the left objective falls then the rebels, their 4 heroes and their 5 wookiee warriors are all gonna pile up in this one room. Same goes for Hoth in the middle objective.

I know that this might not seem like too big of an issue because this isn't an issue for 8 maps compared to 2 maps where I think it is an issue and 2 maps where I think it is an issue unless the map isn't played in a specific way. However as it stand Theed and Kamino are my least favorite maps because of wookiee warriors and Yavin and Hoth always give me a headache because getting far on the map is a challenge on it's own and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when these matches are decided by wookiee warriors which on those maps it's sorta 50/50 when it happens. I also fear that new GA maps could suffer from these issues aswell.

My proposed solutions:
Add more light side enforcers with map balance in mind (been saying this since day one).
Give the dark side access to thermal imploders on certain maps like Theed and Kamino.
Reduce the amount of enforcers

I don't think that the dark side enforcers should be buffed because as I've stated enforcers themselves seem balanced atm and I don't want the wookiee warrior to be useless in strike or blast nor do I want to create the senario where death troopers and flametroopers become unstoppable while on the defensive.

Now as the title states, what is everyone's opinion on wookiee warriors in galactic assault? Or tell me how wrong I am I guess.
Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
ige1ne4fsk9m.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

  • Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    Overpowered
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • OP. Please nerf.
    I am serious though, it needs a small damage nerf.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Overload shouldn’t do as much damage as it currently does against heroes.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Midichlorian
    1394 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Buff the other enforcers to be as effective as the Wookie warrior. The droid enforcer is useless, and GE/FO/CIS Enforcers only work well when backed with their team's heroes.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1369 posts Member
    Balanced
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Debot
    107 posts Member
    I think there is some merit to your point. Though oddly I'd say most matches that I play on naboo and kamino i lose as rebels. 70-30 perhaps.

    I'd like to see death trooper with thermal.
  • Debot wrote: »
    I think there is some merit to your point. Though oddly I'd say most matches that I play on naboo and kamino i lose as rebels. 70-30 perhaps.

    I'd like to see death trooper with thermal.

    Rebels on Kamino and Naboo? You mean the Seperarists? Technically they are the rebels on those maps.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • VaperEyes
    559 posts Member
    from what I remember: Wookies have a weakness for food hanging in a tree and are easy to trick
    I recommend: nothing / sorry (I shot a lot of them over the last couple months - to a horrible death)
    (But I would like to pick up that thermal grenade and throw it back at their hairy ***)
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Balanced

    Yep. They've had enough tweaks. They have their pros and cons. Are amazing to use, but can get owned if not played properly. Strong but not undefeatable. They should stay as is.

    Yeah I agree they are balanced but I just don't like the situations they get in GA. Easy to defend close quarter situations with heroes who can buff them and the dark side have a far inferior grenade.
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    from what I remember: Wookies have a weakness for food hanging in a tree and are easy to trick
    I recommend: nothing / sorry (I shot a lot of them over the last couple months - to a horrible death)
    (But I would like to pick up that thermal grenade and throw it back at their hairy ***)

    The option to pick up and throw back enemy grenades could be an interesting thing.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Overpowered. The thermal imploder needs a longer cooldown and shouldn't get the insta-recharge.

    Their health boost should not stack the way it does.

    The damage output on heroes, specifically saber heroes needs to be reduced.

    Overall, my biggest problem with wookie warriors is that they can be stronger than any blaster hero because of their imploder, health on kill, health, buff, overload, max health regen AND no permanent radar, yet they only cost half.

  • TheScape
    1588 posts Member
    I more or less agree with you on Kamino. I've seen my team win against all odds by controlling the tunnels with Wookies + Officers when we were completely obliterated on the previous phases. And by completely obliterated I mean losing phase 1 with 80+ tickets... Part of it is because of wookies, part of it was the villains not pushing through the tunnels enough.

    The problem is I actually believe wookies are not overpowered. They can be taken down 1 vs 1 with the dark side enforcers. The issue is a combination of factors like buffing heroes on the light side, being easier to defend than to attack (unlimited tickets makes a huge difference), villains not pushing and a limited number of choke points you can use to advance. Nerfing the wookies should not be the solution. Doing something with the map (altering spawn points like they did a few patches ago) might be a better one. Oh, and there is the other issue we've had since the beginning... Light side only has 1 enforcer while dark side has 3 distinct ones.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Yeah nerfing the wookiees ain't the answer, especially since they've already been nerfed and aren't as good as what they were at launch. As someone who loves using enforcers, wookies are amazing at close range, but are pretty poor when it comes to range. And you've got a better chance of killing them pretty easily if you've got some distance on them. People who know how to use them probably make them seem more OP than they actually are.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Balanced

    Yep. They've had enough tweaks. They have their pros and cons. Are amazing to use, but can get owned if not played properly. Strong but not undefeatable. They should stay as is.

    Yeah I agree they are balanced but I just don't like the situations they get in GA. Easy to defend close quarter situations with heroes who can buff them and the dark side have a far inferior grenade.
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    from what I remember: Wookies have a weakness for food hanging in a tree and are easy to trick
    I recommend: nothing / sorry (I shot a lot of them over the last couple months - to a horrible death)
    (But I would like to pick up that thermal grenade and throw it back at their hairy ***)

    The option to pick up and throw back enemy grenades could be an interesting thing.

    Even though thermal imploders are epic, sonic imploders are actually amazing now, and flametroopers are even better than wookiees for close-quarters. Just depends on a bunch of factors like what type of battle is taking place, and how effective your teammates are.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Clones should have wookies, rebels should have bothan spies and the resistance should have something from there movies, sorted
  • DCDT
    93 posts Member
    Just give the Dark Side a support (Thrawn) and a wookiee of their own (Black Krrsantan a bounty hunter).
  • Cant believe you dont think kashyyyk GA isnt easy for wookies to defend, stick a wookie and a light side hero in they 2nd phase objectives and its almost impossible for the clankers to get near it

    As for strike and blast, blast is fine, however ive seen some strike games badly unbalanced because of the amount of wookies, tatooine for example, wookie on the stairs at the market objective is pretty much invinvible and 2 wookies holding the left side objective pretty much wins that one

    I don't believe they need a nerf, but maybe all enforcers should have a weakness, that can be taken advantage of,
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Would like enforcers to be more unique overall.

    An easy change though would be fix the WW roll during overload
  • Besides the balancing issues, I think the fact that we still have him as the light side enforcer for all three eras shows a pretty big lack of imagination on the developers part.
  • I just wish there would be a larger variety of enforcers to choose from
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    Besides the balancing issues, I think the fact that we still have him as the light side enforcer for all three eras shows a pretty big lack of imagination on the developers part.

    If only more imagination had've been... enforced...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Seastorm
    271 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    My proposed solutions:
    Add more light side enforcers with map balance in mind (been saying this since day one).
    Give the dark side access to thermal imploders on certain maps like Theed and Kamino.
    Reduce the amount of enforcers
    This. I would like to see more light side enforcer diversity. The Wookiee warriors are a little bit boring.
  • JAREDUP
    1369 posts Member
    Has anyone just noticed that the wookie seems "tough" is because Yoda and Finn can buff them? Yeah, the wookie is the only lightside enforcer and thy get all the attention and the dark side has no buffing heroes so it looks like the 3 enforcers lack. Just my thought.
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Has anyone just noticed that the wookie seems "tough" is because Yoda and Finn can buff them? Yeah, the wookie is the only lightside enforcer and thy get all the attention and the dark side has no buffing heroes so it looks like the 3 enforcers lack. Just my thought.

    Except in strike and blast they can easily hold their own with no buffs
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Balanced

    Yep. They've had enough tweaks. They have their pros and cons. Are amazing to use, but can get owned if not played properly. Strong but not undefeatable. They should stay as is.

    Yeah I agree they are balanced but I just don't like the situations they get in GA. Easy to defend close quarter situations with heroes who can buff them and the dark side have a far inferior grenade.
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    from what I remember: Wookies have a weakness for food hanging in a tree and are easy to trick
    I recommend: nothing / sorry (I shot a lot of them over the last couple months - to a horrible death)
    (But I would like to pick up that thermal grenade and throw it back at their hairy ***)

    The option to pick up and throw back enemy grenades could be an interesting thing.

    Even though thermal imploders are epic, sonic imploders are actually amazing now, and flametroopers are even better than wookiees for close-quarters. Just depends on a bunch of factors like what type of battle is taking place, and how effective your teammates are.

    Yeah sonic imploders are good but not better then thermals in GA, thermals are for pure killing while sonic blinds, damages, marks, and sometimes kill. Also not available on Theed or Kamino. Doesn't matter how effective your teammates are because now amount of being good is gonna help try to breach a shoebox sized room thats guarded by people wielding room clearing grenades. Flametroopers are good too but they are on the offensive most of the time and again aren't always available to the darkside.
    Cant believe you dont think kashyyyk GA isnt easy for wookies to defend, stick a wookie and a light side hero in they 2nd phase objectives and its almost impossible for the clankers to get near it

    As for strike and blast, blast is fine, however ive seen some strike games badly unbalanced because of the amount of wookies, tatooine for example, wookie on the stairs at the market objective is pretty much invinvible and 2 wookies holding the left side objective pretty much wins that one

    I don't believe they need a nerf, but maybe all enforcers should have a weakness, that can be taken advantage of,

    Never had issues with breaching the juggernaught tanks, mostly because if you can just sneak inside them theres plenty of spaces to run and hide.
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Has anyone just noticed that the wookie seems "tough" is because Yoda and Finn can buff them? Yeah, the wookie is the only lightside enforcer and thy get all the attention and the dark side has no buffing heroes so it looks like the 3 enforcers lack. Just my thought.

    The only reason they seem tough to me is because often a hero is all alone to deal with one because their thermal imploders either easily kill all the regulars backing up the hero or sends them running. I think that if wookiee warriors didn't have the thermal imploder they wouldn't be so tough even when buffed by heroes because you could just use numbers against them but the thermal imploder just has so much killing power that amassing teammates to counter a single wookiee is not very practical. Especially considering that the thermal can be thrown and bounced down hallways.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Basically an awful Chewy, but chewy needs a heal so....
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • GenxDarchi
    6642 posts Member
    Balanced. They are only problems in choke points with Finn and Yoda. That’s really where I am at. DS just needs someone with an inspire that also demoralizes other soldiers, lowering the health for as long as the ability is active.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    Fine. They had an initial nerf and they are perfect now. Other enforcers beat them fairly easily in my experience.

    Would also like to add I love to destroy Iden with the Wookiee Warrior OP :wink:
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Balanced. They are only problems in choke points with Finn and Yoda. That’s really where I am at. DS just needs someone with an inspire that also demoralizes other soldiers, lowering the health for as long as the ability is active.

    I honestly don't mind the Finn/Yoda health buffs it's just the imploder that makes it too hard to actually get teammates in to actually deal damage to them that I don't like.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Fine. They had an initial nerf and they are perfect now. Other enforcers beat them fairly easily in my experience.

    Would also like to add I love to destroy Iden with the Wookiee Warrior OP :wink:

    Yeah Enforcer vs Enforcer balance is fine i just think that some GA situations they are too good.

    I'm quite the wookiee hunter myself, more chewbaccas then regular warriors but I still have quite the stockpile from warriors.
    mshqhl98aqdm.png
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Didn't they already nerf the wookie warriors? I think they need to buff the dark side reinforcements. I've always found them to be worthless.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    Didn't they already nerf the wookie warriors? I think they need to buff the dark side reinforcements. I've always found them to be worthless.

    Yeah they were nerfed but I still think in some cases in Galactic Assault they are too good, mainly because of the thermal imploder and or the shear number of them.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Didn't they already nerf the wookie warriors? I think they need to buff the dark side reinforcements. I've always found them to be worthless.

    Yeah they were nerfed but I still think in some cases in Galactic Assault they are too good, mainly because of the thermal imploder and or the shear number of them.

    The only thing that really bothers me about the wookie warrior is their health and regeneration. I just know that if I don't kill them quick enough, they will get it all back. I mean, in order to kill one face-to-face, I basically have to go full auto head shot from behind and hope they are too slow to react.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • The wide shooting pattern of the wookies mean more than one defending a choke point objective can mow down trooper after trooper, their range as well pretty much makes them the best enforcer by a mile, but nerfing them makes them as poor as the dsrkside enforcers, just buff the darkside enforcers
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    The wide shooting pattern of the wookies mean more than one defending a choke point objective can mow down trooper after trooper, their range as well pretty much makes them the best enforcer by a mile, but nerfing them makes them as poor as the dsrkside enforcers, just buff the darkside enforcers

    Except for the super battle droid's wrist rocket I think the darkside enforcers are fine. The only issue with the wookiee warrior is that they dominate the choke points that populate GA. Buffing the darkside enforcers would make them unstoppable on the defensive and make the warriors inferior for blast and strike.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    The wide shooting pattern of the wookies mean more than one defending a choke point objective can mow down trooper after trooper, their range as well pretty much makes them the best enforcer by a mile, but nerfing them makes them as poor as the dsrkside enforcers, just buff the darkside enforcers

    Except for the super battle droid's wrist rocket I think the darkside enforcers are fine. The only issue with the wookiee warrior is that they dominate the choke points that populate GA. Buffing the darkside enforcers would make them unstoppable on the defensive and make the warriors inferior for blast and strike.

    Very true, its hard to find the right balance between the enforcers,
  • Wallofman
    1085 posts Member
    Me personally will bypass choosing a hero in order to use the Wookie Warrior two or even three times in a row. I am very good at holding down a choke point, even on the maps the OP mentioned are "fine". I think the Wookie Warrior is very powerful, even op. Just last night I was able to score 6 kills with one thermal imploder on Crait. It was a beautiful sight.

    However, instead of nerfing him. The dark side enforcers need a HUGE buff. The Super Battle Droid is HORRIBLE. While I will choose the enforcer all the time on light side. I NEVER choose them on the dark side. They are not balanced between them.
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The wide shooting pattern of the wookies mean more than one defending a choke point objective can mow down trooper after trooper, their range as well pretty much makes them the best enforcer by a mile, but nerfing them makes them as poor as the dsrkside enforcers, just buff the darkside enforcers

    Except for the super battle droid's wrist rocket I think the darkside enforcers are fine. The only issue with the wookiee warrior is that they dominate the choke points that populate GA. Buffing the darkside enforcers would make them unstoppable on the defensive and make the warriors inferior for blast and strike.

    Very true, its hard to find the right balance between the enforcers,

    Which is why I'm suggesting that they replace them on most maps while keeping balance in mind, give the darkside access to thermal imploders on maps where they really need something to breach these rooms, or to reduce the amount of enforcers in GA.
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Me personally will bypass choosing a hero in order to use the Wookie Warrior two or even three times in a row. I am very good at holding down a choke point, even on the maps the OP mentioned are "fine". I think the Wookie Warrior is very powerful, even op. Just last night I was able to score 6 kills with one thermal imploder on Crait. It was a beautiful sight.

    However, instead of nerfing him. The dark side enforcers need a HUGE buff. The Super Battle Droid is HORRIBLE. While I will choose the enforcer all the time on light side. I NEVER choose them on the dark side. They are not balanced between them.

    While I agree that the Super Battle Droid's wrist rocket is worthless there shouldn't be any buffs or nerfs to the enforcers. Buff the Death Trooper too much and Endor and Death Star become the new Theed and Kamino. And the light side don't stand a chance in blast or strike if enforcers remain in the mode.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Id rather the Wookiee Warrior was only available on Kashyyyk in the Prequel era - keep it as the default Resistance Enforcer though. Kashyyyk is a map where it's good, but not too good. Instead I'd like to see more variety in Light Side Enforcers: here's some of my thoughts.
    Republic Enforcer - Galactic Marine
    kcniy7g43td5.jpeg
    These elite clones from the 21st Nova Corps were well known in the Grand Army of the Republic for their combat prowess and aggression. They excelled at taking control of hostile environments. As an Enforcer, they'd use upgraded DC-15LE blaster rifles, have 350 base health (like Death Troopers), and Overload would increase their RoF and stability when firing as well as removing the need to cool down their weapon. Their Explosove ability would be a Droid Popper grenade, which has a reasonably large explosion radius - 7 or 8 metre radius without cards - and deals 125 damage at the centre. It also disables droid servos, slowing down their movement and turn speed. The damage and stun effect are smaller the further from the explosion you are. The Galactic Marine takes no damage or stun from the grenade.
    Rebellion Enforcer - Gigoran
    70vcpansb2ds.png
    These large, furry creatures from the planet Gigor were renowned for their strength and resilience. As an Enforcer, they'd use a version of the Sentry rotary blaster cannon as their primary, dealing damage per shot somewhere between the base ability and Mobile Sentry, dealing a lot of damage but at the cost of slower movement whilst firing. They'd have a lot of health, as they are a slightly larger target (a little taller than a Wookiee) either 400 or 425 base health. When firing the primary weapon, they'd have their movement speed slowed slightly - only by about 10% or less though. Overload supercharges the rotary blaster, making it fire slightly slower but deal heavy explosive damage in a small radius (about 50 cm or less). The explosive ability is a launcher which fires a sticky explosive charge which will sit on the surface it lands on for a 5 seconds before automatically detonating, or the ability is retriggered. It has a reasonably large explosive radius if it is detonated immediately - 5 metres - but every second this is left, it expands by 50 cm and the damage at the centre is increased by 10. It deals 250 damage at the centre if detonated immediately. One last thing to note - the primary weapon can fire for a certain amount of time before overheating, like the Sentry (but it's slightly shorter than the base Sentry duration), and if you don't fire for more than 1 second the cool down automatically starts. You cannot manually cool the weapon.
    These are just some ideas that I came up off the top of my head. Galactic Marines have been a concept I've had for a while, and I think I've posted a basic concept before, but I was only alerted to the existence of Gigorans the other day by JackTHorn, I believe, so that one's new.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Id rather the Wookiee Warrior was only available on Kashyyyk in the Prequel era - keep it as the default Resistance Enforcer though. Kashyyyk is a map where it's good, but not too good. Instead I'd like to see more variety in Light Side Enforcers: here's some of my thoughts.
    Republic Enforcer - Galactic Marine
    kcniy7g43td5.jpeg
    These elite clones from the 21st Nova Corps were well known in the Grand Army of the Republic for their combat prowess and aggression. They excelled at taking control of hostile environments. As an Enforcer, they'd use upgraded DC-15LE blaster rifles, have 350 base health (like Death Troopers), and Overload would increase their RoF and stability when firing as well as removing the need to cool down their weapon. Their Explosove ability would be a Droid Popper grenade, which has a reasonably large explosion radius - 7 or 8 metre radius without cards - and deals 125 damage at the centre. It also disables droid servos, slowing down their movement and turn speed. The damage and stun effect are smaller the further from the explosion you are. The Galactic Marine takes no damage or stun from the grenade.
    Rebellion Enforcer - Gigoran
    70vcpansb2ds.png
    These large, furry creatures from the planet Gigor were renowned for their strength and resilience. As an Enforcer, they'd use a version of the Sentry rotary blaster cannon as their primary, dealing damage per shot somewhere between the base ability and Mobile Sentry, dealing a lot of damage but at the cost of slower movement whilst firing. They'd have a lot of health, as they are a slightly larger target (a little taller than a Wookiee) either 400 or 425 base health. When firing the primary weapon, they'd have their movement speed slowed slightly - only by about 10% or less though. Overload supercharges the rotary blaster, making it fire slightly slower but deal heavy explosive damage in a small radius (about 50 cm or less). The explosive ability is a launcher which fires a sticky explosive charge which will sit on the surface it lands on for a 5 seconds before automatically detonating, or the ability is retriggered. It has a reasonably large explosive radius if it is detonated immediately - 5 metres - but every second this is left, it expands by 50 cm and the damage at the centre is increased by 10. It deals 250 damage at the centre if detonated immediately. One last thing to note - the primary weapon can fire for a certain amount of time before overheating, like the Sentry (but it's slightly shorter than the base Sentry duration), and if you don't fire for more than 1 second the cool down automatically starts. You cannot manually cool the weapon.
    These are just some ideas that I came up off the top of my head. Galactic Marines have been a concept I've had for a while, and I think I've posted a basic concept before, but I was only alerted to the existence of Gigorans the other day by JackTHorn, I believe, so that one's new.

    Yes, I thoroughly agree that new enforcers are the best rout to go. The resistance could have salvaged super battle droids for all i care just something different.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    I also don't usually tag you @F8RGE but I really think this is something that should be looked into.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    1 sec let me just make that post into a full thread because I'm happy with it.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • JackTHorn
    3370 posts Member
    5 at a time is too many. Should be 2, or 3 at most. Buff the Death Trooper's grenade damage, buff the Super Battle Droid's rocket, maybe buff their Overcharge slightly for both of them.
  • Empire_TW
    4150 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    5 at a time is too many. Should be 2, or 3 at most. Buff the Death Trooper's grenade damage, buff the Super Battle Droid's rocket, maybe buff their Overcharge slightly for both of them.

    2 sounds like a good number, Kamino only has 2 entrances to the last objective and Theed has 3 to the 2nd phase objectives. I think overcharge for the super battle droid and death trooper are good right now they can melt heroes pretty easily especially blaster heroes.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Overpowered

    No there not, there horrible, I hate everything about the wookie warrior
  • MillSmit
    161 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I think they are really balanced. Their Imploders are really useful on choke points (thinking Theed specifically), but have been going with Specialist this week, and you can take them out in a one-on-one fist fight, or with a couple of long shots with the IQA.

    By the way, I am in total agreement about the Gigoran, everytime I see one as a toy I think they would be great in the game!
  • How about give the droid enforcer a rocket like it was in battlefront 15, the current rocket is a joke in comparison to the thermal.
  • Great necro, considering this was made before both the removal of health stacking and the 2nd WW nerf.

    WW is still superior to the other enforcers (especially on defense), but I doubt anything more will be done to it.
    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Great necro, considering this was made before both the removal of health stacking and the 2nd WW nerf.

    WW is still superior to the other enforcers (especially on defense), but I doubt anything more will be done to it.

    I find Death Troopers to be the best, but Wookiees are still good just not OP anymore
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • If we had more LS Enforcers then the WW wouldn’t be an issue. A mode or two without ANY Enforcers (Blast and Cargo, perhaps) would help.

    Also, Deathtrooper > WW.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!