criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

Prev1345
T0TALfps
1193 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 2018
84tzstor6akl.png

What is EA PLAY?
EA PLAY is all about connecting players around the world and bringing them closer to the games they love. EA PLAY 2018 will offer fans access to EA’s biggest new games through live broadcasts, community content, competitions and more.

Where can I watch it?
If you are visiting in person, EA PLAY takes place over the course of 3 days from June 9th to June 11th. If you're unable to attend the event, do not worry as our network of EA channels will be your online home throughout the event for inside access into all our games. Making sure you never miss a thing!
2vnodzimi0e3.png2n8dm9d6t4b4.pngrac3h6f1uzbm.pngebizu45z53jt.pnggigl1doj8dgz.png

TUNE IN JUNE 9TH
11:00 PDT / 19:00 BST / 14:00 EDT / 04:00 AEST
Timezone not listed?, click here to check World Time Buddy.

beq77m6aitvn.png
EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
Twitter - Board Guidelines
// Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.

Replies

• T0TALfps
    This thread is now open to discussion about EA Play 2018 and what you hope to see from us this year!
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Don't want to set myself up for disappointment, so i'm just hoping for the same level of information provided back at EA Play 2016.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1476 posts Member
    What exact day will star wars be shown?
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »

I am hoping on the 9th. With the video TOTALfps posted.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    [Some first order game mechanics that should have been included since skins were introduced]

Change skins in game.

Make emotes unlockable; “legendary” skins aren’t worth the money if you can’t use the “legendary” effects (i.e., voice changes with emotes), or change the skin per map. Stop selling these things if they don’t fully function.

Also, Stop nerfing Rey, it’s not like the Darkside has any shortage of offensive abilities; why nerf one of the few offensive abilities on the Lightside??

Kamino and Kashyyyk are toxic for HS. Surely you see the push spam on a daily basis, no? Endor would be great. The promised Crait map- @TonyGoombah1 How about a throne room from RotJ, or TLJ - @lerodemmy

Lastly, fix Maul’s “fixed” saber. Its hit box is still not functioning properly or consistently against heroes or troopers.

Excited for extraction on the new maps, thanks!

Off on vacation, see some of you in a couple weeks. Will be interesting to come back after the dust has (hopefully) settled after the release of season 2.2, ha!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    ]

Lastly, fix Maul’s “fixed” saber. Its hit box is still not functioning properly or consistently against heroes or troopers.

+1 please fix/make better. Horizontal throw or a small lock on would be great.
  • Cosmo31315
    238 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well the han solo trailer got released so there’s got to be something else they are announcing
    "Oh well it's my programming." -Battle droid Star Wars Clone wars Ep 1
  • Hopefully a fight scene with Obi Wan and Grevious similar to the first trailer had with Yoda and Maul.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • JAREDUP wrote: »

Saturday the 9th, no idea on a time yet though.
  • il96
    453 posts Member

Han_Spinel wrote: »
    [Some first order game mechanics that should have been included since skins were introduced]

Make emotes unlockable; “legendary” skins aren’t worth the money if you can’t use the “legendary” effects (i.e., voice changes with emotes), or change the skin per map. Stop selling these things if they don’t fully function.

Emotes that start the animation instantly or quicker animation altogether, as opposed to (what they currently are) where the character stops and remain motionless before the emote starts.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • KlownShueS
    1916 posts Member
    I'm looking forward for customization for 2015 battlefront offline still.
  • Why did this post not give the location of EA play?

Also if anyone thinks that they will announce anything but season 2 of solo there they are dreaming.
  • Walker Assault and or another large scale mode like Turning Point and Supremacy.
    New SA maps/modes with new starfighters like the B-wing and TIE Defender.
    New GA maps/modes with new speeders and armored ground vehicles.
    Sullust maps.
    New heroes like Obi Wan.
    Droids, both hero and standard Astromechs/Viper droids.
    New weapons.
    Hutt contracts.
    The ability to change skins between matches.
    Shock Trooper, Shadow Trooper, Rebel and Empire pilot skins.
    Vehicle skins.

That's a lot of hope.
    #StarWars-y
  • BradCafe
    129 posts Member
    If they announce at least two new heroes and one new GA map I'll be happy. Anything else will be a bonus. Hoping they surprise us with content that hasn't been spoiled/leaked. Gender options for troopers and more trooper skins would be great.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Why did this post not give the location of EA play?

Also if anyone thinks that they will announce anything but season 2 of solo there they are dreaming.

All you have to do is search for tickets.

Also you're wrong, season 2 was already revealed.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    OOM-9
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Why did this post not give the location of EA play?

The second part? I don't see the news here. Granted I've been traveling the last week And a half.
  • I am hoping for
    Heroes- Anakin, Kenobi, Grievous, Dooku, Mace, and Jango (Not in that order).
    Maps- Utapau, Geonosis, and Mustafar (for HvV).
    New Vehicles.
    New Guns.
    Way more new Skins for heroes, troopers, and possibly vehicles (I am talking around or above 50; 10 for each class and then 10 for the heroes).
    Conquest
    This is my wishlist. Not to much to ask for.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • T0TALfps

The second part? I don't see the news here. Granted I've been traveling the last week And a half.

Check out the latest news here and here in regards to Solo Season Part Two.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    This thread is now open to discussion about EA Play 2018 and what you hope to see from us this year!

@TOTALfps, do you know what time they will be showcasing Battlefront? Because, I am really busy on the 9th, and I would like make time for it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »

@TOTALfps, do you know what time they will be showcasing Battlefront? Because, I am really busy on the 9th, and I would like make time for it.

Unfortunately cannot give a specific time as things shift and it would be disappointing to mislead, your best bet is to watch the livestream at 11:00 PDT on June 9TH. Don't worry if you're not able to however as we will relay all the news once revealed and we will also likely have the function to replay the entire livestream too.

The replay would be great, thanks!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion

Unfortunately cannot give a specific time as things shift and it would be disappointing and unfair to provide something inaccurate, your best bet is to watch the livestream at 11:00 PDT on June 9TH. Don't worry if you're not able to however as we will relay all the news once revealed and we will also likely have the function to replay the entire livestream too.

Okay, thanks.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

Unfortunately cannot give a specific time as things shift and it would be disappointing and unfair to provide something inaccurate, your best bet is to watch the livestream at 11:00 PDT on June 9TH. Don't worry if you're not able to however as we will relay all the news once revealed and we will also likely have the function to replay the entire livestream too.

Okay, thanks.
    I think I will have time then. That is perfect actually.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • As long as grievous is announced I’ll be happy
  • jonci
    947 posts Member

How about you us what you have planned rather than us asking, begging, and generally being disappointed.
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member

Well, it's already been revealed as pointed out by t0talfps and ben has confirmed multiple times they will talk about other stuff at ea play.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I'm actually really exited, mainly because it's very likely that we'll get a tease for clone wars. We don't need more content announced, but anything related to clone wars would bring a lot of people back to the game.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • I'm actually really exited, mainly because it's very likely that we'll get a tease for clone wars. We don't need more content announced, but anything related to clone wars would bring a lot of people back to the game.

Id prefer content be announced. One of my main issues is how vague and infrequent announcements are.

Not saying anything just gives us time to build expectations, whereas point blank saying whats coming gets it over with.
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    I have absolutely no expectations. Will definitely watch the replay though.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • T0TALfps
    Dezert wrote: »

Let's just say.. if you had expectations, what would those be?

Hypothetically speaking here.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    edited June 2018

You guys let us buy emotes and vic poses, and increase the rate of leveling up hero ships. Love this game, just want to see it succeed.

OOM19 wrote: »
    OOM-9?

Something tells me you're a fan of OOM-9, so I created a little emote to help you in your endeavors. Goodluck my friend.

xmqjto2gim9b.png

Where’s mine!!??
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »

You guys let us buy emotes and vic poses, and increase the rate of leveling up hero ships. Love this game, just want to see it succeed.

OOM-9?

Something tells me you're a fan of OOM-9, so I created a little emote to help you in your endeavors. Goodluck my friend.

xmqjto2gim9b.png

Where’s mine!!??

Yah, where is Mr. Bones?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • :D
    Jello770 wrote: »

xmqjto2gim9b.png

Where’s mine!!??

Sorry, I almost forgot.

ck3vii0spk79.png

[/quote]

itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

OOM-9?

xmqjto2gim9b.png

Where’s mine!!??

Sorry, I almost forgot.

ck3vii0spk79.png

u0d328tpl4xb.jpeg
    Psn: Jello770
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    EDIT: Posted this in the wrong thread.

Hope they show some of Respawns star wars.
    Post edited by Troopper_FoFo on
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    I'll keep an eye on it.

Hopefully we'll see some more information about future Arcade improvements, such as a 20v20 objective mode with vehicles and reinforcements (and maybe, just maybe AI Heroes). Maybe not at EA Play, but at some point.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Fix for GA since it is always overwhelmingly one sided.
    New SA maps.
    Ability to purchase (with credits) hero emotes and poses.
    No xp gained unless player finishes match.
    Anakin only as a skin for Vader since he is the same person.
    Player shuffling after each map for all modes.
    Stuns such as Landos and Chewys should be broke if attacked. Nothing worse than stun and shot dead from full health and not being able to do anything about it.
    Post edited by Walter72 on
  • Toddyrocket
    2319 posts Member

Rogue One content
  • We alot of new stuff for the game of Battlefront II

Anakin.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Empire_TW
    5560 posts Member

I'd like for Paublo Hidaglo to confirm Iden's dress skin as canon and it's immediate inclusion into the game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.