criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Kelly Marie Tran (AKA Rose in TLJ)

2

Replies

  • Meh happens to every actor. Its just some let it get to them a little more than others.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Very sad to have horrible online harassment directed to a real human being. There’s a difference between free speech and hate speech, also. Many of you will fail to see that, I’m sure.

    It’s no secret that many so-called SW fans (and many others) are also sexist and racist.... exactly my point in a recent post I made last week about Rose.

    Anyway, I have more to say, but this forum is full of too many immature people who are unable to have any actual dialogue on this kind of issue...so I’m not getting into it for that reason, and, obviously, this is just a video game forum.

    There is NO first amendment exemption for subjectively classified "hate speech"... this was reaffirmed by the supreme court just last year in Matal v Tam. Free speech is free spech regardless of what subjective tags you assign to it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/19/supreme-court-unanimously-reaffirms-there-is-no-hate-speech-exception-to-the-first-amendment/

    True based on that US ruling... SW is a global brand though. Because of this, common human decency was more what I was referring to when I wrote there is a difference between free speech and hate speech... People just claim free speech like it's some kind of excuse for being hateful. Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't make it ethical. Also, in the US, there wouldn't be constitutional protection for an actual threat that targets an individual for something like physical violence, for example.


    JAREDUP wrote: »
    sexist and racist....
    flagged
    -1

    immature
    -1
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Very sad to have horrible online harassment directed to a real human being. There’s a difference between free speech and hate speech, also. Many of you will fail to see that, I’m sure.

    It’s no secret that many so-called SW fans (and many others) are also sexist and racist.... exactly my point in a recent post I made last week about Rose.

    Anyway, I have more to say, but this forum is full of too many immature people who are unable to have any actual dialogue on this kind of issue...so I’m not getting into it for that reason, and, obviously, this is just a video game forum.

    There is NO first amendment exemption for subjectively classified "hate speech"... this was reaffirmed by the supreme court just last year in Matal v Tam. Free speech is free spech regardless of what subjective tags you assign to it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/19/supreme-court-unanimously-reaffirms-there-is-no-hate-speech-exception-to-the-first-amendment/

    This is sort of assuming everyone on the internet is covered by the first amendment though right? Of course I don’t want the government rounding up internet trolls but I still think the social media companies should do a better job weeding them out
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Very sad to have horrible online harassment directed to a real human being. There’s a difference between free speech and hate speech, also. Many of you will fail to see that, I’m sure.

    It’s no secret that many so-called SW fans (and many others) are also sexist and racist.... exactly my point in a recent post I made last week about Rose.

    Anyway, I have more to say, but this forum is full of too many immature people who are unable to have any actual dialogue on this kind of issue...so I’m not getting into it for that reason, and, obviously, this is just a video game forum.

    There is NO first amendment exemption for subjectively classified "hate speech"... this was reaffirmed by the supreme court just last year in Matal v Tam. Free speech is free spech regardless of what subjective tags you assign to it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/19/supreme-court-unanimously-reaffirms-there-is-no-hate-speech-exception-to-the-first-amendment/

    I already wrote a post, which is under review for some reason. Stupid. Anyway to rephrase myself... your link is true in the US, but SW extends beyond the US as a global brand. Also, actual threats of violence/harm are not constitutional as free speech. And more importantly, just because something is legal doesn’t make it ethical.

    JAREDUP wrote: »
    sexist and racist....
    flagged
    -1

    Oh look, a great example of an immature post.

  • Vespervin
    692 posts Member
    I never understood the belief that characters = actors. I mean it's one thing to dislike an actor/actress, but it's another to dislike said actor/actress for the role they were assigned by the director.

    The dislike of Rose (from what i've seen) has come from the dialogue/writing, the choices the character makes in the movie. I haven't seen anyone make the argument that Rose is a bad character because she was poorly acted. Like in the case of the prequels, it's just a bad scenario for the actors. Because their face is what the audience sees, people make an association, and then place their anger towards a person who doesn't deserve it, and in a manner that really shouldn't be happening in the first place.

    I genuinely feel bad for people like Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen, and Kelly Marie Tran. Their characters came across poorly to audiences due to poor direction and writing, and they have to go through a lot more unwarranted flak as a result.

    I agree.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Very sad to have horrible online harassment directed to a real human being. There’s a difference between free speech and hate speech, also. Many of you will fail to see that, I’m sure.

    It’s no secret that many so-called SW fans (and many others) are also sexist and racist.... exactly my point in a recent post I made last week about Rose.

    Anyway, I have more to say, but this forum is full of too many immature people who are unable to have any actual dialogue on this kind of issue...so I’m not getting into it for that reason, and, obviously, this is just a video game forum.

    There is NO first amendment exemption for subjectively classified "hate speech"... this was reaffirmed by the supreme court just last year in Matal v Tam. Free speech is free spech regardless of what subjective tags you assign to it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/19/supreme-court-unanimously-reaffirms-there-is-no-hate-speech-exception-to-the-first-amendment/

    I already wrote a post, which is under review for some reason. ****. Anyway to rephrase myself... your link is true in the US, but SW extends beyond the US as a global brand. Also, actual threats of violence/harm are not constitutional as free speech. And more importantly, just because something is legal doesn’t make it ethical.

    JAREDUP wrote: »
    sexist and racist....
    flagged
    -1

    Oh look, a great example of an immature post.

    What you said was immature, let's keep those words off the forums please
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Goblin_Boy wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I don't care... there are always going to be people who dislike you... amplified by 1000x if you choose a career in the public eye. She chose to be an actress, and by being cast in Star Wars did very well for herself... if she can't handle the meaningless animosity of complete strangers who are irrelevant, she should pick a new career.

    Edit: I think her role in star wars sucked because that entire finn/rose storyline seemed superfluous and contrived and contributed almost nothing to the plot of TLJ. They could have put any actress in that role, and it still would have sucked.

    The idea that your chosen career necessitates abuse is bull. Pointing a finger at Kelly or Jake Lloyd and saying “You shouldn’t act if you can’t take the heat” is utterly ridiculous. Living out your dream doesn’t inherently entitle pathetic people to crawl from the bogs and hurl insults because you dared to work a career with the expectation that your critics wouldn’t act like animals. The blame is entirely their fault, and Kelly Marie Tran isn’t at fault for not being prepared for something so entirely unwarranted.

    I work in healthcare and in the past have chosen to work in locked psychiatric facilities where verbal abuse and physical aggression are the norm... I chose this, and I chose to ignore it when I worked in that environment. I choose to interact on these forums and post videos on youtube... thus I am choosing to allow people to react to what I am putting out there... and I just ignore it. If you choose to be an actor/actress, you are choosing to expose yourself to millions of people who are going to judge you... it comes with the territory, and if you are so emotionally weak as to be unable to disregard what irrelevant random people are saying about you in random places online then I have no sympathy. If people are DOING things like stalking you, breaking into your house etc. then yes, we have a problem... if a bunch of nonfactors are talking trash, I don't care.

    The difference for you is that your work life was separate from your personal life. You don’t have to get emotionally invested in those people. The people you were working with were mentally ill, so you had an understanding that what they were saying was irrelevant due to their mental conditions. Posting on this forum, your retain anonymity. On the other hand, Kelly Marie Tran is in a position where her career and personal life are intertwined. She interacts with the community and so she gets invested. If you looked at her posts, they were daily positive pictures. ****, but not mentally ill people, were attacking her everywhere, on every post. Not only do you wrongly equate your experience to hers, you also fail to realize that people are different. Working in a mental health facility, you should know that some people are more likely to become depressed than others. This isn’t a gender thing, there are males and females can easily become depressed. It’s insensitive to say it’s her fault for getting sad that people treat her this ways. Your comments are the equivalent of saying toughen up to someone with clinical depression.

    Ya, she should toughen up. Stop letting the words on the internet of random strangers bother you... just scoff at their pathetic lives and move on.

    Great argument. We should all just tell kids who get bullied to the point that they become depressed or do something worse to themselves that they should just toughen up. I’m sure no one around them had told them to ignore the mean things people say. Counselors should just tell kids to toughen up. The world would be a better place if everyone gave out your advice.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Goblin_Boy wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I don't care... there are always going to be people who dislike you... amplified by 1000x if you choose a career in the public eye. She chose to be an actress, and by being cast in Star Wars did very well for herself... if she can't handle the meaningless animosity of complete strangers who are irrelevant, she should pick a new career.

    Edit: I think her role in star wars sucked because that entire finn/rose storyline seemed superfluous and contrived and contributed almost nothing to the plot of TLJ. They could have put any actress in that role, and it still would have sucked.

    The idea that your chosen career necessitates abuse is bull. Pointing a finger at Kelly or Jake Lloyd and saying “You shouldn’t act if you can’t take the heat” is utterly ridiculous. Living out your dream doesn’t inherently entitle pathetic people to crawl from the bogs and hurl insults because you dared to work a career with the expectation that your critics wouldn’t act like animals. The blame is entirely their fault, and Kelly Marie Tran isn’t at fault for not being prepared for something so entirely unwarranted.

    I work in healthcare and in the past have chosen to work in locked psychiatric facilities where verbal abuse and physical aggression are the norm... I chose this, and I chose to ignore it when I worked in that environment. I choose to interact on these forums and post videos on youtube... thus I am choosing to allow people to react to what I am putting out there... and I just ignore it. If you choose to be an actor/actress, you are choosing to expose yourself to millions of people who are going to judge you... it comes with the territory, and if you are so emotionally weak as to be unable to disregard what irrelevant random people are saying about you in random places online then I have no sympathy. If people are DOING things like stalking you, breaking into your house etc. then yes, we have a problem... if a bunch of nonfactors are talking trash, I don't care.

    The difference for you is that your work life was separate from your personal life. You don’t have to get emotionally invested in those people. The people you were working with were mentally ill, so you had an understanding that what they were saying was irrelevant due to their mental conditions. Posting on this forum, your retain anonymity. On the other hand, Kelly Marie Tran is in a position where her career and personal life are intertwined. She interacts with the community and so she gets invested. If you looked at her posts, they were daily positive pictures. ****, but not mentally ill people, were attacking her everywhere, on every post. Not only do you wrongly equate your experience to hers, you also fail to realize that people are different. Working in a mental health facility, you should know that some people are more likely to become depressed than others. This isn’t a gender thing, there are males and females can easily become depressed. It’s insensitive to say it’s her fault for getting sad that people treat her this ways. Your comments are the equivalent of saying toughen up to someone with clinical depression.

    Ya, she should toughen up. Stop letting the words on the internet of random strangers bother you... just scoff at their pathetic lives and move on.

    Great argument. We should all just tell kids who get bullied to the point that they become depressed or do something worse to themselves that they should just toughen up. I’m sure no one around them had told them to ignore the mean things people say. Counselors should just tell kids to toughen up. The world would be a better place if everyone gave out your advice.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited June 2018

    Great argument. We should all just tell kids who get bullied to the point that they become depressed or do something worse to themselves that they should just toughen up. I’m sure no one around them had told them to ignore the mean things people say. Counselors should just tell kids to toughen up. The world would be a better place if everyone gave out your advice.

    It would. The sooner you realize that the less you care about random peoples opinions of you, the better off you will be. When I worked in psych the focus of the therapy groups and counseling sessions with the depressed/suicidal kids was not about telling them false praise to try to build up their self esteems... it was about training them to cope with whatever adversity they were facing whether real or imagined in a way that gave them control.
    For kids who faced verbal abuse, one of the most powerful coping skills you can teach them is to de-legitimize the source of the abuse and convince the former victim that their tormentor is not a valid authority figure and THEY (the former victim) have control of how they react to the situation, not their tormentor AKA, ignore what the tormentor says, they don't matter. Once you teach the victim coping skills and they are able to utilize them, the victim will naturally gain self-esteem because they are becoming self reliant and learning not to base their self worth on the opinions of others... this cycle becomes a positive feedback loop and after a while you have a much tougher/resilient kid as far as dealing with what the world has to offer.
    The sissified child/adolescent culture in which adults attempt to shield children from any/all conflict or negativity directed at them is resulting in a generation of teenagers and young adults who are totally maladjusted to real life, and they are having to be taught coping skills by clinical psychologists which they should have just learned automatically growing up through life experience.
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    Some of these comments are disappointing to read. Just because you have a career in making films, TV shows, video games or technology for public consumption, doesn't mean you either should just accept it as a normal part of the territory or deserve to be ridiculed to the extent people do. No one deserves to be attacked with such extreme vulgarity unprovoked. I have read these stories often for years and I'm not even sure some people understand just how graphic the things being said are. Most of the time death threats are included, sometimes to the point where police have to investigate. If some of you were in the place of some of these people I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

    fyq20437essy.png
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I disagree with how she's being bashed on. It's not her fault the directors made her a plain one dimensional token character. That speech she gave to Finn was forced and horrible like they made her read and memorize the lines and then shoot the scene without any directing. Mark Hamil even mentioned how Rian at times (or mostly) just shoots scenes only once and without any improvisation. Rian is a sloppy director and Rose Tico was a perfect reflection of his work
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Its really not her fault. Good or bad actor, you can't go bashing on her. Yeah people are too judgemental and hate driven sometimes. Seemed like alot of these comments were from high school people. A bunch of hot heads
  • Some of these comments are disappointing to read. Just because you have a career in making films, TV shows, video games or technology for public consumption, doesn't mean you either should just accept it as a normal part of the territory or deserve to be ridiculed to the extent people do. No one deserves to be attacked with such extreme vulgarity unprovoked. I have read these stories often for years and I'm not even sure some people understand just how graphic the things being said are. Most of the time death threats are included, sometimes to the point where police have to investigate. If some of you were in the place of some of these people I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

    Truth. Trolls are horrible, cruel forms of life. Some of the stuff that normal trolls say are enough to make me, a 6ft 5in, powerfully built man, want to go smash their computer with my fists. You can't do that stuff to people. It is not right. Just because you are anonymous, does not mean you have the right to attack a young lady's personal life. Even if she was a disappointing Star Wars character (I am not saying she was).
    I am also the type of person that protects those who need it. I stand up against injustice. What they have said about her, makes me want to rush to her aid. I am very protective of people, it is just part of who I am.
    Should she have expected backlash from the community? Yes. But this is enough to make a grown man commit his own killing. I have had enough of trolls. We as men and women should stand up against these cowards. She is still a human being, and a Star Wars fan.
    Gone are the days when a man used to fight to the death for a young lady's honor. But I think that men and women of valor and chivalry still exist.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    Quizolio wrote: »
    As I have said on another forum:
    The people sending all of this vitriol towards her should be sending it to the writers. They're the ones responsible for the character, Kelly was forced to work with what they gave her. I'm no fan of Rose (I utterly despise her), but going after the woman who portrayed her, enough to the point of driving her off of social media, is inexcusable.

    Fans/Haters shouldn't be harassing anyone in actuality. Vote with your wallet and find another interest but don't be a despicable human being.

  • Fans or fanatics don't have to automatically be haters. Just because you really like something doesn't mean you have to despise the things you don't like as much.
  • Some of these comments are disappointing to read. Just because you have a career in making films, TV shows, video games or technology for public consumption, doesn't mean you either should just accept it as a normal part of the territory or deserve to be ridiculed to the extent people do. No one deserves to be attacked with such extreme vulgarity unprovoked. I have read these stories often for years and I'm not even sure some people understand just how graphic the things being said are. Most of the time death threats are included, sometimes to the point where police have to investigate. If some of you were in the place of some of these people I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

    Truth. Trolls are horrible, cruel forms of life. Some of the stuff that normal trolls say are enough to make me, a 6ft 5in, powerfully built man, want to go smash their computer with my fists. You can't do that stuff to people. It is not right. Just because you are anonymous, does not mean you have the right to attack a young lady's personal life. Even if she was a disappointing Star Wars character (I am not saying she was).
    I am also the type of person that protects those who need it. I stand up against injustice. What they have said about her, makes me want to rush to her aid. I am very protective of people, it is just part of who I am.
    Should she have expected backlash from the community? Yes. But this is enough to make a grown man commit his own killing. I have had enough of trolls. We as men and women should stand up against these cowards. She is still a human being, and a Star Wars fan.
    Gone are the days when a man used to fight to the death for a young lady's honor. But I think that men and women of valor and chivalry still exist.


    *sends a virtual hug for being awesome*
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

  • LOL. Greatest actor of all time? Maybe he’s decent if you count Joker cartoon voice acting...sorry but I had to say it. As much as I like the character, Luke, in the OT, his acting skill was mediocre, and he was pretty horrible in TLJ...

    Despite this side note, he is still Star Wars royalty, and it’s cool to see him voicing support for Kelly!
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Why? I like Kelly, and I like Rose. Good to see support for her. :smiley:

  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Why? I like Kelly, and I like Rose. Good to see support for her. :smiley:

    Becasuse it has become a big argument over everything but kelly
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Why? I like Kelly, and I like Rose. Good to see support for her. :smiley:

    Becasuse it has become a big argument over everything but kelly

    I know right! Glad to see we can agree that Kelly/Rose is great.

  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member

    LOL. Greatest actor of all time? Maybe he’s decent if you count Joker cartoon voice acting...sorry but I had to say it. As much as I like the character, Luke, in the OT, his acting skill was mediocre, and he was pretty horrible in TLJ...

    Despite this side note, he is still Star Wars royalty, and it’s cool to see him voicing support for Kelly!

    The thing that actually made me nervous about going into TLJ was actually Mark Hamills acting lol. Love the guy and Luke but I was scared.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • If I was KMT I wouldn't care. Being in The Last Jedi gave her a big paycheck, which her haters can only dream of getting. Who really wins here?
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif

  • LOL. Greatest actor of all time? Maybe he’s decent if you count Joker cartoon voice acting...sorry but I had to say it. As much as I like the character, Luke, in the OT, his acting skill was mediocre, and he was pretty horrible in TLJ...

    Despite this side note, he is still Star Wars royalty, and it’s cool to see him voicing support for Kelly!

    I was talking about as a real person.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Why? I like Kelly, and I like Rose. Good to see support for her. :smiley:

    Becasuse it has become a big argument over everything but kelly

    I know right! Glad to see we can agree that Kelly/Rose is great.

    I like Kelly, and I have no prob with Rose. I actually kind of liked the story ark that her character has. I don't think I would put her above Poe though, he is awesome. I mean, he is one heckofa pilot.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Billkwando
    2017 posts Member
    I have read these stories often for years and I'm not even sure some people understand just how graphic the things being said are. Most of the time death threats are included, sometimes to the point where police have to investigate. If some of you were in the place of some of these people I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

    This.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • It’s not the actor’s fault her character was garbage... They should be aiming their negativity towards Rian Johnson

    Yes. Directors are fully responsible for the way actors perform.
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?
  • :(
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.

    I will, when it come to Netflix or something, right now I don't want to send a direct feed of money to Dinsey, (despite me buying the game before the nonsense)
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.

    I will, when it come to Netflix or something, right now I don't want to send a direct feed of money to Dinsey, (despite me buying the game before the nonsense)

    Let me rephrase my question, I should have asked, what nonsense?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    What do you think of Beauty and the Beast? Unacceptable? :lol:

    Robots need love too!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    What do you think of Beauty and the Beast? Unacceptable? :lol:

    Robots need love too!

    I don't think anything... the question was posed regarding what a Christian would find offensive... robosexuals would offend many Christians (not to mention a host of other religions). Beauty and the Beast is Disney's lovely ode to Stockholm Syndrome... and technically the "beast" is actually a cursed human prince... while in the case of star wars, the robot is a robot.
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.

    I will, when it come to Netflix or something, right now I don't want to send a direct feed of money to Dinsey, (despite me buying the game before the nonsense)

    Let me rephrase my question, I should have asked, what nonsense?

    Well they said lando is a homosexual, which I don't support
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    What do you think of Beauty and the Beast? Unacceptable? :lol:

    Robots need love too!

    I don't think anything... the question was posed regarding what a Christian would find offensive... robosexuals would offend many Christians (not to mention a host of other religions). Beauty and the Beast is Disney's lovely ode to Stockholm Syndrome... and technically the "beast" is actually a cursed human prince... while in the case of star wars, the robot is a robot.

    Can’t they just... toughen up?
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    What do you think of Beauty and the Beast? Unacceptable? :lol:

    Robots need love too!

    I don't think anything... the question was posed regarding what a Christian would find offensive... robosexuals would offend many Christians (not to mention a host of other religions). Beauty and the Beast is Disney's lovely ode to Stockholm Syndrome... and technically the "beast" is actually a cursed human prince... while in the case of star wars, the robot is a robot.

    Can’t they just... toughen up?

    Ya, they should... I don't think you should let religious dogma run your life.
  • Billkwando
    2017 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.

    I will, when it come to Netflix or something, right now I don't want to send a direct feed of money to Dinsey, (despite me buying the game before the nonsense)

    Let me rephrase my question, I should have asked, what nonsense?

    Well they said lando is a homosexual, which I don't support


    Oh, like maybe Kylo wasn't the first to stick his lightsaber in Han Solo??




    Sorry you don't support pansexuality between made up people, but you're entitled to your feelings. What are your objections to TLJ though? You clearly had an issue with this thread before there was any discussion of the dipping of the Wicket.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Haven't seen it yet

    Why not? It's actually a great movie and would be entertaining for any SW fan. It's not even political.

    I will, when it come to Netflix or something, right now I don't want to send a direct feed of money to Dinsey, (despite me buying the game before the nonsense)

    Let me rephrase my question, I should have asked, what nonsense?

    Well they said lando is a homosexual, which I don't support

    He isn't. He is some sort of made-up-sexual.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Who cares

    Also this needs to be in Off Topic, just saying
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Time for this thread to die out and be closed

    Says the guy who refuses to watch Solo because his issue with "supporting Disney with their implementation of their left wing ideas"

    That's the problem with so many folks who oppose those crazy radical "left wing ideas" (like not hating someone for who they are or what they do for a living), it's not enough to simply oppose.....which is your right. You feel the need to try and suppress the viewpoints of those you disagree with.

    I'm not going to get into politics any more than you clearly have, other than to say that I'm very much reminded of the folks who will stop at nothing to suppress the minority vote, under the guise of "voter fraud".

    Yeah, I won't support ideas that go against my religion, if you were a Christian like me, you'd understand.

    Wait, what about Solo did you not like?

    Robosexuals?

    What do you think of Beauty and the Beast? Unacceptable? :lol:

    Robots need love too!

    I don't think anything... the question was posed regarding what a Christian would find offensive... robosexuals would offend many Christians (not to mention a host of other religions). Beauty and the Beast is Disney's lovely ode to Stockholm Syndrome... and technically the "beast" is actually a cursed human prince... while in the case of star wars, the robot is a robot.

    Can’t they just... toughen up?

    Ya, they should... I don't think you should let religious dogma run your life.

    I watched it. I am a Christian. I think they just made up that sexuality to appeal to a larger crowd. I am a Christian, but I do not tell anyone what path they should choose. If Jared decides that he should not watch the movie because he believes that it is wrong. More power to him. I don't go see movies that use God's or Jesus' name as a swear word. We, as Christians and humans, all have things that convict us. Please do not start a religious war on this forum.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.