criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Where Are The Infantry Skins?

Prev1
S2P2 reveal dropped this morning, and no surprises there. I'm excited for Extraction (hopefully it soon gets more maps) and Kessel looks pretty Crait. Whoops, I meant great. It looks great. Yes, the hero skins look fantastic, but without being able to use them as we please and as they were intended, we're basically just collecting them for a Skin Diorama. You guys need to sort that out.

But anyways, back on topic. Real talk. Not one infantry skin based off of SOLO? Range Trooper? Mud Trooper? Patrol Trooper? Mimban Stormtrooper?

Now, SOLO aside, I still need to ask, where are all of the infantry skins? I get that the Clone skins have been held back for our inevitable PT Season, but is this all we get for the other factions? I, along with I'm sure many others, spend the majority of my time playing as infantry. We need more infantry skins.

Sullustan? Is he being held back simply because he's heavily requested? He's in the game. We've seen him pop up on spawn screens. Ishi Tib? I'm sure that's not a straight copy and paste port over type situ, but the model being done for BF15 has to make the process easier. Bring him over. How about a Gran? 3 colour variations of the Mon Calamari? How about simply changing the colour of our beloved Twi'lek? Green, orange, pink, purple, white etcetera. BOOM! There are 5 new Epic skins all based on one character model.

I've heard whispers that the Shadowtrooper is being phased out as Canon, but what about the Shock Trooper? Death Star Trooper? Various Imperial Officer rankings? Again, some of these can be as simple as colour changes to their attire. Rebel Pilots? ATAT Drivers? TIE Pilots? Death Star Gunners?

Man, just toss a different hat on a Resistance fighter and people will buy it.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• UrbanGlitch
    3272 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    S2P2 reveal dropped this morning, and no surprises there. I'm excited for Extraction (hopefully it soon gets more maps) and Kessel looks pretty Crait. Whoops, I meant great. It looks great. Yes, the hero skins look fantastic, but without being able to use them as we please and as they were intended, we're basically just collecting them for a Skin Diorama. You guys need to sort that out.

But anyways, back on topic. Real talk. Not one infantry skin based off of SOLO? Range Trooper? Mud Trooper? Patrol Trooper? Mimban Stormtrooper?

Now, SOLO aside, I still need to ask, where are all of the infantry skins? I get that the Clone skins have been held back for our inevitable PT Season, but is this all we get for the other factions? I, along with I'm sure many others, spend the majority of my time playing as infantry. We need more infantry skins.

Sullustan? Is he being held back simply because he's heavily requested? He's in the game. We've seen him pop up on spawn screens. Ishi Tib? I'm sure that's not a straight copy and paste port over type situ, but the model being done for BF15 has to make the process easier. Bring him over. How about a Gran? 3 colour variations of the Mon Calamari? How about simply changing the colour of our beloved Twi'lek? Green, orange, pink, purple, white etcetera. BOOM! There are 5 new Epic skins all based on one character model.

I've heard whispers that the Shadowtrooper is being phased out as Canon, but what about the Shock Trooper? Death Star Trooper? Various Imperial Officer rankings? Again, some of these can be as simple as colour changes to their attire. Rebel Pilots? ATAT Drivers? TIE Pilots? Death Star Gunners?

The one and ONLY skin I'd want from Solo is Becketts Imperial Uniform (Armoured Officer with Cap and Trench Coat). But yeah, completely agree, where are the Infantry skins, I honestly couldn't care for the Hero skins.
  • ross42899
    1517 posts Member
    I agree. There need to be more infantry skins. Especially assault and Empire & FO are lacking options right now. I assume Clone skins will come with CW season, but we should get some options for the other factions. Please add Sullustan, Ishi Tib, Shocktroopers, Shadow Scouts, Pauldron options for Empire heavy, female Stormtroopers, Navy/Death Star troopers, etc.
  • Yeah, this. They could do a ton of customization for the, primarily, Rebel and Resistance infantry. And not just alien skins (even though plenty of them would be most welcome) but armor variations and small details for a few credits aswell. A heavy with his helmet strapped to his belt for example. Or the ion torpedo launcher hanging over his shoulder. A grenade belt for the assault class, or the shotgun on the back. An officer with communications equipment on his backpack. Etc, etc. Differentiation.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3272 posts Member
    Yeah, this. They could do a ton of customization for the, primarily, Rebel and Resistance infantry. And not just alien skins (even though plenty of them would be most welcome) but armor variations and small details for a few credits aswell. A heavy with his helmet strapped to his belt for example. Or the ion torpedo launcher hanging over his shoulder. A grenade belt for the assault class, or the shotgun on the back. An officer with communications equipment on his backpack. Etc, etc. Differentiation.

or a PONCHO!!!
  • Ppong_Man12
    2761 posts Member
    We need some trooper skins, in particular the death trooper, shock trooper, and shadow trooper.
  • Seems to be like trooper skins would be very easy to do. And worth a lot of money too.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Bad_Tooth
    185 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Yeah that was my biggest disappointment from the patch. Would have loved to have seen the Mudtrooper or Range Trooper.

Agreed.
  • Bump. This is important. Are we getting more infantry skins? Or is it hero love only from here on out?
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    There will be more.

Seems that they didn't focus too much on the solo season and put resources into cw stuff.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• B-but don't you want to buy up those badass soylo and pando skins????
  • d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    Yup skins was my major disappointment for this news. Seriously, how do they expect to make money off us if they only release 4 new skins after we’ve been collecting credits for I don’t remember how long?

We need loads more skins and they have no valid excuse for not giving them to us.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • BucksawBoushh
    5568 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Yup skins was my major disappointment for this news. Seriously, how do they expect to make money off us if they only release 4 new skins after we’ve been collecting credits for I don’t remember how long?

We need loads more skins and they have no valid excuse for not giving them to us.

Ben’s tweet that was something along the lines of “the question to ask is, would you want a new hero or more appearances” seemed to suggest the hero designer works on both heroes and skins. Which unfortunately, makes sense. Hoping we get more infantry skins and not just the Clone skins that have been in the files since launch.

Apologies if I misquoted you @F8RGE. I don’t have Twitter so I couldn’t pull the exact tweet.
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2815 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Yeah that was my biggest disappointment from the patch. Would have loved to have seen the Mudtrooper or Range Trooper.

Amen, dude. I was begging for Rangetroopers. I would have loved the additions of Mudtroopers. To be honest, I am sad that there was so much they could have added, but chose not to. That's what kills this news for me.
    Post edited by BeastlyCrawdad on
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    It’d also be pretty cool to get a skin for death troopers where the helmet eye pieces are tinted blue.
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    It’d also be pretty cool to get a skin for death troopers where the helmet eye pieces are tinted blue.

Pic?
  • d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Check it out @BucksawBoushh, oh and maybe I’m colorblind because in the video they look tinted green but I remembered them as tinted blue:
  • Again, I find myself thinking that they have something better for us in store for the future. I'm hoping they must have been working on the CW season and we will get a ton of new content with that. If Season 3 is actually a season (with equal or more content than Season 1) it would go a long way to reaching more people. I'm honestly just tired of continuing to wait for a real content drop. Am I just being strung out here? Am I being ungrateful for what has already be added?
  • Again, I find myself thinking that they have something better for us in store for the future. I'm hoping they must have been working on the CW season and we will get a ton of new content with that. If Season 3 is actually a season (with equal or more content than Season 1) it would go a long way to reaching more people. I'm honestly just tired of continuing to wait for a real content drop. Am I just being strung out here? Am I being ungrateful for what has already be added?

Only time will tell. Clone infantry skins are great and all, but not enough.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Amen, dude. I was begging for Rangetroopers. I would have loved the additions of Mudtroopers. To be honest, I am sad that there was so much they could have added, but chose not to. That's what kills this news for me.

Heart goes out to you @BeastlyCrawdad I know you were very hopeful for Heroes/Skins for this Season.

tp9l4ssc23i3.gif

• ^ Those were the exact two I was hoping to see. Range Trooper is cool, but maybe not so realistic. Those flats :D

Plus, I don’t want to see Range Troopers on Jakku and Tatooine.
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    Range Troopers are not mentioned in the ‘Piscettios Handbook of Star Wars Cool’
    :p
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Wildedile wrote: »
    The fact that there're no new infantry skins is deeply disheartening. I was really looking forward to some options for the empire. Not really into playing as heroes often. Mud troopers would've been perfect. About all there is for me in this deal now is extraction on Kessel. Hopefully that will be fun.

Same boat over here. Float with me, bruv.
  • Wildedile wrote: »
    The fact that there're no new infantry skins is deeply disheartening. I was really looking forward to some options for the empire. Not really into playing as heroes often. Mud troopers would've been perfect. About all there is for me in this deal now is extraction on Kessel. Hopefully that will be fun.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I would also love to see infantry skins (especially some TIE Pilots. That would be awesome.) I also strongly believe that having a more diverse roster of troopers would heighten the visual dynamic of any game, reaching new heights of epic.

There would be something very charming about it as well, Mudtroopers/Swamp Troopers alongside Shock Troopers clearing the way for an influx of Shoretroopers taking on a whole range of Rebels, aliens, commanders, pilots, gunners (you name it!) would be a wonderful sight.

I cast my vote for more infantry skins, and stand in solidarity with the rest of you!
    Count me in too.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    So they think pushing out a third Falcon skin is better than infantry skins?
    shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
    Its already going down the same path as the last game.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »

Ben’s tweet that was something along the lines of “the question to ask is, would you want a new hero or more appearances” seemed to suggest the hero designer works on both heroes and skins. Which unfortunately, makes sense. Hoping we get more infantry skins and not just the Clone skins that have been in the files since launch.

Apologies if I misquoted you @F8RGE. I don’t have Twitter so I couldn’t pull the exact tweet.

There's over 20 hero designers, each one has a different job like movement style, appearance etc.

Guiliame is the head and in charge of balancing
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Again, a cosmetic MTX system that was created to fund this game with poor skins options, it's a mess IMO.

Such a mess... How do they expect to make decent money with skins by offering 6 skins this whole season? They must not want to sell anything... lol. Hopefully they drop some new content soon after Solo and well before the next season.

There's over 20 hero designers, each one has a different job like movement style, appearance etc.

20 Hero designers? Where did you pull that number from?

Anyways.
  • Skowsa
    328 posts Member
    Wildedile wrote: »

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Love the Jaws reference!

I’m with you guys.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I think I saw a magenta(?/red) Rodian near the end of Solo as a background character (unimportant npc filler type) it had yellow highlights along the rims of it's antenna and snootsnoot lips?

Could have made for a good rebel trooper variant skin.
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    I think I saw a magenta(?/red) Rodian near the end of Solo as a background character (unimportant npc filler type) it had yellow highlights along the rims of it's antenna and snootsnoot lips?

I thought it was orange/yellow-ish? One of the Enfyss Ness marauders you mean? It would be cool!

Alien skin variations would be a huge addition to infantry skins.
  • tankertoad
    6366 posts Member
    Good thread OP
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »

I thought it was orange/yellow-ish? One of the Enfyss Ness marauders you mean? It would be cool!
    :blush:
    Thanks, yes, that's what I meant. It could have been orange instead of red! I didn't get a good look at it. I just remember the yellow contrasting with the main color being very lovely, it was a striking set of hues to see on a Rodian~
    Wknuto!
  • S2P2 reveal dropped this morning, and no surprises there. I'm excited for Extraction (hopefully it soon gets more maps) and Kessel looks pretty Crait. Whoops, I meant great. It looks great. Yes, the hero skins look fantastic, but without being able to use them as we please and as they were intended, we're basically just collecting them for a Skin Diorama. You guys need to sort that out.

That's stupid to not include something in a GAME because it isn't canon. Yet they put darth maul in solo. Sometimes being canon isn't a good idea.
  • S2P2 reveal dropped this morning, and no surprises there. I'm excited for Extraction (hopefully it soon gets more maps) and Kessel looks pretty Crait. Whoops, I meant great. It looks great. Yes, the hero skins look fantastic, but without being able to use them as we please and as they were intended, we're basically just collecting them for a Skin Diorama. You guys need to sort that out.

That's **** to not include something in a GAME because it isn't canon. Yet they put darth maul in solo. Sometimes being canon isn't a good idea.

A Star Wars game won’t implement things that aren’t canon. Makes sense. I mean, the events themselves aren’t canon, but the elements are.
  • Infantry are all just Pre-Hero classes don't you know?
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • BradCafe
    162 posts Member
    My guess is they're holding off Trooper skins until the next GA map is added which is where they would be showcased the best.

Definitely want colour variations of aliens and that orange/red Rodian from Solo would be an insta-buy.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • I wonder if they only have 1 modeler working on skins and that's the reason for the lack of them for troopers. They probably have them prioritizing Heroes.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.