criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Anakin and Grievous is pretty epic but is there a chance we might see droidekas?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited June 2018
Gotta say Dice has really suprised me in double by giving us not only Grievous but Anakin who will be allowed through time travel or multiverse interdimensional warping to fight Vader. That took courage to implement. Thanks Dice. But is there a possibility to top the cake even more with some cool looking droidekas?

Replies

• Dennis mentioned that he wanted to added Droidekas, could be just another secret kept for the upcoming season or the next.
  • What would the republic side’s equivalent? They like to release things somewhat balanced.
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    Would love to see droidekas. I would have thougjt a a clone gatling gun would have been a good equivalent, but this would basically be a permanent sentry.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Short answer is Yes, with Certainty.

They have more than enough time. This is a Massive Season Not tied to a Movie/Rushed for completion. Let that sink in for a moment. :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    What would the republic side’s equivalent? They like to release things somewhat balanced.

arc troopers.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    AT-RTs must be the equivalent(but they are trash)
    Why so serious?
  • What would the republic side’s equivalent? They like to release things somewhat balanced.

For that I need to get my SW Vehicles book out and see. I'm sure there's an equivalent.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Alex64 wrote: »
    AT-RTs must be the equivalent(but they are trash)

Yeah AT-RT is the equivalent basically so the Republic would need a vehicle to match the AAT while AT-RT would tackle the droidekas. Balancing would be needed to give it better survivability
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Definitely.There are a lot of things they didn't mention.Just wait till the roadmap.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    Definitely.There are a lot of things they didn't mention.Just wait till the roadmap.

Oh yeah, they did say end of June is when the road map is coming
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    I like the above.
    Give us a clone tank to match the AAR and redo the AT-RT to be the equivalent to Droidekas.
    Sounds great.
  • Juggernaut or AT-TE vs AAT and AT-RT vs Droidekas
  • ross42899
    1512 posts Member
    Yeah hopefully they will add Droidekas with CW update. At least Dennis once hinted that they are working on them. Hopefully they will add AT-TE as a new vehicle too. Geonosis without AT-TE would be weird.

wlcuu5eydlo6.jpg
  • Yeah my thoughts as well. Geonosis should have ATT vs AT-TE, MTT vs Juggernaut and Droideka vs AT-RT imo. Yeah that's alot of vehicles and Juggernaut won't be easy to implement with all those wheels. Geonosis battle will be a real challenge to recreate properly

Droidekas can replace the B2 Super Battle Droids. I would have made this since the beginning.
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    What would the republic side’s equivalent? They like to release things somewhat balanced.

Clone Commandos or ARC troopers. There was some datamine evidence of Commandos in the beta so I thought they were going to be released at launch. Haven’t heard anything about them since so maybe they’ll be revealed as DLC
  • wszhf8hjw0yb.png
    How about them, but give their gun a really long cooldown and low damage (obviously firing really fast tho) so ut isn't too op id say
  • For sure I'm betting other factions will get new reinforcements as well. Clone wars era has huge content potential, it is only surpassed by The Old republic era.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Yeah my thoughts as well. Geonosis should have ATT vs AT-TE, MTT vs Juggernaut and Droideka vs AT-RT imo. Yeah that's alot of vehicles and Juggernaut won't be easy to implement with all those wheels. Geonosis battle will be a real challenge to recreate properly

A lot of the maps arent designed for big vehicles like them, hell even droidekas will be hard to implement on say hoth, endor etc
  • Versatti
    2131 posts Member
    Will be interesting to see if they allow them to fire with a shield up.
  • They have to.
  • Sath
    232 posts Member
    Trust me, people wouldn't like it the first time they play it. Cuz they can't strafe quickly or bunnyhop while shooting, a common bad habit these days.

Droidekas can replace the B2 Super Battle Droids. I would have made this since the beginning.

The B2 Supers were difinite mainstays in the Seperatist's army. Replacing the rocket droid would be the best idea to make them unique compared to everything else. Not every army is the same, and this would help display that.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member

They are no match for Droidekas.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Hopefully yes. I know they haven't announced them, but then, it's a few months until it comes out so we'll probably get more details closer to the update. Looking forward to the roadmap actually, don't know what sort of detail we'll get. Hoping for Rogue One in winter, someone made a very nice Rogue One community transmission mock-up recently which was written very professionally, just like how Ben writes his actually.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF