criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jetpack, Hunt, Extraction, & Strike Should be Combined

BradCafe
134 posts Member
I'm loving all of these new modes but with so many online modes, it's becoming a bit difficult to fill online lobbies. This problem would be fixed if they were all added to the one category that would randomly cycle through the different modes.

Personally I would love to play a game of Ewok Hunt and afterwards be automatically sent to a match of Strike and then a game of Extraction or Jetpack Cargo. The variety would keep me engaged for much longer and would ensure that there would always be people on the servers. Would keep the Hero modes separate though as that would break up the lobbies due to less players being required.

What does everyone else think?
Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe

Replies

• DarthQuiGon
    507 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ewok hunt is too different to fit. The rest might work better but it's still less than ideal.

A better solution might be to allow lobbies with less people so that you don't need to fill every spot to play a game.
  • Batman20
    1750 posts Member
    no I wouldn't like that since I might only want to play extraction when that comes out. But with this i would have to play a bunch of other game modes I don't wanna play just to get to extraction. It would be like waiting for your fav map in GA and having to play the boring maps before. Just keep it the way it is I say. I have no problem finding matches in everything part from hero showdown
  • Heck no, Ewok hunt needs to be its own playlist with various Hunt maps variations such as Wampas vs Stormtroopers on hoth, Jawas vs Tuskens on Tatooine, Rebels vs gamorrean guards on Jabba's palace etc...
  • This was one of the most hated aspects of the first game, the forced rotation playlists. Personally I didn’t mind it TOO much, but it did get frustrating if you really wanted to play a certain mode on a map but had to play 4 other games first.
  • Lots of people here like Strike too much for that to work well. We like to play multiple matches of Strike in a row. If it was regular cargo (not jet pack) then maybe it could work but not the other modes... especially not Ewok hunt, which is boring.
  • I would be really annoyed if they added Ewok Hunt to Strike. I think that mode is pretty terrible and would resent them trying to force Strike players to play it. Jet Pack Cargo would also be pretty annoying. I wish they would ditch that gimmick mode and bring back real Cargo.
  • BradCafe wrote: »
    I'm loving all of these new modes but with so many online modes, it's becoming a bit difficult to fill online lobbies. This problem would be fixed if they were all added to the one category that would randomly cycle through the different modes.

Personally I would love to play a game of Ewok Hunt and afterwards be automatically sent to a match of Strike and then a game of Extraction or Jetpack Cargo. The variety would keep me engaged for much longer and would ensure that there would always be people on the servers. Would keep the Hero modes separate though as that would break up the lobbies due to less players being required.

What does everyone else think?

No. Take out strike and replace it with conquest and add hunt. Jet pack cargo should be regular cargo and we should be good.
  • No. I would be for limited time modes like eWok hunt and jet pack cargo but extraction and strike should be its own thing. I would also like regular cargo added as a mode.
    I also want sabotage back as conquest doesn't sound that exciting to me.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Personally at some point in the future I'd like a full on Hunt mode on different planets, different environments with different natives. But not as a priority or anything, just something that'd be nice in a while, maybe next year.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    dont like strike, would not want to wait in a rotation to play those maps.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I don’t want to be forced to play something I don’t like, neither should anyone else, can we please get a map/mode selection. Forced playlist is a bad idea imo.
  • Strike, Cargo, Extraction, Blast and Droid Run would be a great playlist.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I don’t want to be forced to play something I don’t like, neither should anyone else, can we please get a map/mode selection. Forced playlist is a bad idea imo.

Only problem with that is groups tend to repeat the same maps over and over, which gets boring much quicker than playing a variety of maps.
  • Playlist are tricky things..Remember last game when HvV was in one of the DLC playlists ....so many dropped out when that came up as they did when a flying mode popped up in the list
  • Strike, Cargo, Extraction, Blast and Droid Run would be a great playlist.

This could be an all time winner of a playlist for small mode fast action fans....I'd personally love it.
  • No. No forced playlist. That was one of the problems with the last game's dlcs.
  • Playlist are tricky things..Remember last game when HvV was in one of the DLC playlists ....so many dropped out when that came up as they did when a flying mode popped up in the list

Exactly, that’s what I’m worried about, everyone I played with dropped out when HvV came up in OR, or the starfighter mode in Bespin. After a while they quit all together because of the trouble for 1 mode, same with death star and it’s forced playlist.
  • TheScape
    2057 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The only modes I would probably fuse into Strike are Jetpack Cargo (if it really is fun after the current fixes) and maybe Extraction if it becomes a trooper only mode like it seems. Jetpack Cargo (or default Cargo) fits with the package mode of Strike and Extraction would be the only other "objective mode" with only troopers. Adding these modes as part of Strike would also instantly add Bespin, Jabba's Palace and Kessel Mines to that mode (which won't probably get a regular Strike version seeing how Crait's Strike seems to be cancelled).

Ewok hunt is its own mode and all they should do is add variations as a lot of people have already suggested (there is even a great topic floating around the forums).
    May your heart be your guiding key.