criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Replies

• New official photo from Aquaman movie:
    53i6jbhjaebn.jpg

I have a good feeling about this. I like the list of actors: We've got Momoa, Kidman, Wilson, Heard, Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren! And whoa clone master Temeura Morrison is in this, along with Thorin's cousin Dwalin - Graham McTavish! The guy playing Black Manta I haven't seen before: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
    I will add that I already LOVE the DCEU and that BvS is my favorite movie of 2016, with rogue one closely behind. HUGE zack snyder fan over here, especially 300 and man of steel.

We also got a screenshot of a prototype Black Manta helmet.
    aquaman-movie-black-manta-600x400.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited June 15
    Getting hyped for Aquaman. I don’t care what others say, I liked Mamoas version of Aquaman in JL.

You guys see the WW1984 photos yet? Wasn’t expecting to see ST in the next WW movie
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    I'm a big James Wan fan so I'm excited to see how he handles a superhero film. :)
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Getting hyped for Aquaman. I don’t care what others say, I liked Mamoas version of Aquaman in JL.

You guys see the WW1984 photos yet? Wasn’t expecting to see ST in the next WW movie

I did, and yeah that certainly raised my eyebrow. They might be doing what the TV show did in the 70s with Diana working with trevor's son. (No, I didn't watch it back then but I have seen a few episodes) Awesome Black Manta photo, man, this is gonna be cool.
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited June 15
    rollind24 wrote: »

I did, and yeah that certainly raised my eyebrow. They might be doing what the TV show did in the 70s with Diana working with trevor's son. (No, I didn't watch it back then but I have seen a few episodes) Awesome Black Manta photo, man, this is gonna be cool.

Could be, it looked he aged in the pic, was his hair greying? Hard to tell in the pic
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Not to be negative, but there isnt a DCU movie Ive seen (after watching Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League) that ive enjoyed that much.

For me, the closest Ive come to enjoying is Wonder Woman, and second would go to Suicide Squad. Justice League would be the worst, in my opinion :)

The thing is, I feel as if BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League all suffer from the same flaws.

1. The character powers. In my opinion, the characters are all too powerful, and they have very little variation. Look at Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Superman (and Batman in BvS). They are all portrayed as being semi-indestructible, very strong, and able to jump very far or fly. Batman also suffers from the indestructibility in BvS. It makes for incredibly boring fight sequences that have absolutely no weight at all. CGI buildings explode and characters get thrown around but they are incredibly uneventful. Nothing especially happens because the characters are too strong.

2. The CGI. Im not against CGI in a movie, not at all. But the DCU movies seem to be over-reliant on it, and it makes very fake CGI environments which are often part of the most climactic part of the movies. Add this to the characters being too powerful, and many scenes just involve CGI characters throwing each other around CGI environments and that makes me more bored than anything. The DCU lacks the grounded feel that the MCU has (most of the time), and it damages the impact anything has in the movie, in my personal opinion.

Yes, there are other things to work on. There are a few script/story issues, but those two are the largest problems for me.

Ill stick with the CW Arrowverse shows :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    Not to be negative, but there isnt a DCU movie Ive seen (after watching Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League) that ive enjoyed that much.

For me, the closest Ive come to enjoying is Wonder Woman, and second would go to Suicide Squad. Justice League would be the worst, in my opinion :)

The thing is, I feel as if BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League all suffer from the same flaws.

1. The character powers. In my opinion, the characters are all too powerful, and they have very little variation. Look at Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Superman (and Batman in BvS). They are all portrayed as being semi-indestructible, very strong, and able to jump very far or fly. Batman also suffers from the indestructibility in BvS. It makes for incredibly boring fight sequences that have absolutely no weight at all. CGI buildings explode and characters get thrown around but they are incredibly uneventful. Nothing especially happens because the characters are too strong.

2. The CGI. Im not against CGI in a movie, not at all. But the DCU movies seem to be over-reliant on it, and it makes very fake CGI environments which are often part of the most climactic part of the movies. Add this to the characters being too powerful, and many scenes just involve CGI characters throwing each other around CGI environments and that makes me more bored than anything. The DCU lacks the grounded feel that the MCU has (most of the time), and it damages the impact anything has in the movie, in my personal opinion.

Yes, there are other things to work on. There are a few script/story issues, but those two are the largest problems for me.

I watched Arrow to the start of season 5 but seasons 3 and 4 put me off. After the first 2 amazing seasons it fell flat to me. Flash I got midway through season 3. Again both 1 and 2 were amazing but it struggled to keep me entertained. Supergirl was decent at points if not too cheesy. LoT I just couldnt get into.

Im looking forward to Aquaman. I like how they havent tried to modernise Black Mantas helmet too much (I thought they would) but they have stuck to tradition. Is he playing the main villain? I thought Ocean Master would have been Aquamans first solo outing villain and reoccurring, similar to Thor and Loki.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • That was nothing BUT negative!
  • 2000sGuy
    5743 posts Member
    Not to be negative, but there isnt a DCU movie Ive seen (after watching Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman and Justice League) that ive enjoyed that much.

Batman also suffers from the indestructibility in BvS. It makes for incredibly boring fight sequences that have absolutely no weight at all.

But I mean you have to admit this was pretty badass:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I watched Arrow to the start of season 5 but seasons 3 and 4 put me off. After the first 2 amazing seasons it fell flat to me. Flash I got midway through season 3. Again both 1 and 2 were amazing but it struggled to keep me entertained. Supergirl was decent at points if not too cheesy. LoT I just couldnt get into.

Im looking forward to Aquaman. I like how they havent tried to modernise Black Mantas helmet too much (I thought they would) but they have stuck to tradition. Is he playing the main villain? I thought Ocean Master would have been Aquamans first solo outing villain and reoccurring, similar to Thor and Loki.

Arrow season 5 is good iirc, it definitely goes more back to how it used to be before seasons 3 and 4.

Ohhhhhhh youll really want to finish season 3 of The Flash. It gets better, and youll thank me!

I love Supergirl! And Legends of Tomorrow is so great <3 You definitely need to watch LoT, Supergirl doesnt REALLY impact the other shows that much but LoT does :)

That was nothing BUT negative!

Sorry :( Im really not a negative person, but like... idk. There just feels to be something wrong with the movies for me. I mostly feel kinda... irritated. The writer in me makes me dislike the DCU movies I think :P

The moment Wonder Woman defeats Ares almost ruined Wonder Woman for me. :P I was just thinking, "You cant do THAT. You cant solve a problem with abilities that the character didnt even know they had, and the audience didnt know they had... how did she know that would even WORK? Just... urgh."
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Looking forward to Aquaman. Bring on the laser sharks!
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    Is there a guide to what order to watch the CW Arrowverse shows? I’ve only seen like one random episode of each. I liked Smallville so maybe give them a real shot
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited June 16

I have a feeling either it's an illusion, or that explosion did some sort of time travel.

Because think about it, nearly 70 years would have passed already and somehow Steve looks the same as he did in 1918.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member

I have a feeling either it's an illusion, or that explosion did some sort of time travel.

Because think about it, nearly 70 years would have passed already and somehow Steve looks the same as he did in 1918.

Doh that’s right. First one was WW1 not WW2.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    Looks like we still have a month to go.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Looks like we still have a month to go.

Nice :)
    Looking forward to it
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Didn't like it at all. DC had a big chance to do Darkseid as the villain, they even hinted at it in BvS. However, they did Steppenwolf, who not only is a power crazy, world domination villain, but he's not intesesting and no one knows anything about him. Also I hated how Batman had to struggle to fight of one of those bug creatures. So far, the only really good DC movies that are sort of recent are the Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Didn't like it at all. DC had a big chance to do Darkseid as the villain, they even hinted at it in BvS. However, they did Steppenwolf, who not only is a power crazy, world domination villain, but he's not intesesting and no one knows anything about him. Also I hated how Batman had to struggle to fight of one of those bug creatures. So far, the only really good DC movies that are sort of recent are the Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman.

TDK trilogy doesn't hold up today. Bale sucked. The fighting sequences were beyond lame, laughable even. The Joker is amazing yeah, but Heath Ledger cannot carry three movies, especially not being in two of them. TDKR was a HUGE disappointment. Ben Affleck is a much better Batman hands down. Experienced, grizzled, tough as nails, take no guff, we must kill the Superman Alfred!! That's the real Batman. Frank Miller's Dark Knight.
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Didn't like it at all. DC had a big chance to do Darkseid as the villain, they even hinted at it in BvS. However, they did Steppenwolf, who not only is a power crazy, world domination villain, but he's not intesesting and no one knows anything about him. Also I hated how Batman had to struggle to fight of one of those bug creatures. So far, the only really good DC movies that are sort of recent are the Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman.

TDK trilogy doesn't hold up today. Bale sucked. The fighting sequences were beyond lame, laughable even. The Joker is amazing yeah, but Heath Ledger cannot carry three movies, especially not being in two of them. TDKR was a HUGE disappointment. Ben Affleck is a much better Batman hands down. Experienced, grizzled, tough as nails, take no guff, we must kill the Superman Alfred!! That's the real Batman. Frank Miller's Dark Knight.

I do admit I shook my head when I heard Affleck was going to be Batman but he does seem to fit the role. I don’t see anything wrong with his playing Batman now, he seems the part.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Didn't like it at all. DC had a big chance to do Darkseid as the villain, they even hinted at it in BvS. However, they did Steppenwolf, who not only is a power crazy, world domination villain, but he's not intesesting and no one knows anything about him. Also I hated how Batman had to struggle to fight of one of those bug creatures. So far, the only really good DC movies that are sort of recent are the Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman.

I do admit I shook my head when I heard Affleck was going to be Batman but he does seem to fit the role. I don’t see anything wrong with his playing Batman now, he seems the part.

I didn't, because I didn't waste my time with Daredevil. But I saw Argo and The Town, both decent flicks. I'm very, very tired of people saying (nonchalantly to boot) things like, "Oh, I guess nothing will ever be better than TDK trilogy." I'll just chalk that up to "ignorance is bliss" I suppose.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 11
    First official look at Shazam:

Also a reminder that Comic-Con is just 8 days away!
    Post edited by Trooper8059 on
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Loved DC and Marvel as a kid, however as an adult w/ 4 kids and going through most of the movies - DC (lately) has dropped some turds (lousy). It is my hope they get back to form, make the Joker at some point a viable super-villain (again) among so many things and give me a reason to watch the flicks. BvS was not good - don't know how many times I simply found myself doing other things than watch the movie, WW's powers seem insane - but the movie was better, Man of Steel was mediocre and Justice League - was a pause and go do something else than continue to watch - hate the disparity between these two comic giants but Marvel has got it together (so far) and DC has lost it (double entendre there). Hope they get back to form and get Mark to do the Joker's voice or maybe Phoenix will nail it - I do not know...what I do know is that the kids can't wait to see the MCU/MCEU in theaters but will wait until the dvd comes out to watch the DCU/DCEU.

• I am so looking forward to this movie. I got to see Justice League a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

I am so looking forward to this movie. I got to see Justice League a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.

That's fan made

I am so looking forward to this movie. I got to see Justice League a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.

That's fan made

Is it? Because this is the only one that I have seen that looks the most realistic. The others are just throw-togethers of Justice League scenes. Please explain.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • There are scenes from The Force Awakens in it, dude! Come on Dooku.
  • The real trailer is coming soon-ish, let this pic tide you over until then
    6i5fp55fnspk.png
  • Ha I said tide without realizing it
  • Ha I said tide without realizing it

Okay, that makes sense. But it still gets me hyped.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • yeah man, it's gonna be great
  • I assume that's Patrick Wilson with his back to us in that pic, can't see his face.
    Not that mine eyes can look away from Amber for very long. That orange hair is so gorgeous. I haven't seen her in a movie since she played Seth Rogen's girlfriend in Pineapple Express (except JL of course).
    008PEX_Amber_Heard_003.jpg
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    I assume that's Patrick Wilson with his back to us in that pic, can't see his face.
    Not that mine eyes can look away from Amber for very long. That orange hair is so gorgeous. I haven't seen her in a movie since she played Seth Rogen's girlfriend in Pineapple Express (except JL of course).

I've read that that might be Vulko, played by Willem Dafoe.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I assume that's Patrick Wilson with his back to us in that pic, can't see his face.

Yah, I am pretty sure it is him. Look at the lines on his cheek. Will definitely looks like that. I thought it might be Orm at first, but then I changed my mind. Seeing Black Manta and Ocean Master in the same movie will be cool.
    I just wonder which one of them Luthor will recruit into the Injustice League.
    Did y'all see that Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) is Aquaman's dad? I think it will be cool to see him in a new movie. I also haven't seen Graham McTavish in a movie since the Battle of the Five Armies.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    I assume that's Patrick Wilson with his back to us in that pic, can't see his face.

Yah, I am pretty sure it is him. Look at the lines on his cheek. Will definitely looks like that. I thought it might be Orm at first, but then I changed my mind. Seeing Black Manta and Ocean Master in the same movie will be cool.
    Did y'all see that Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) is Aquaman's dad? I think it will be cool to see him in a new movie. I also haven't seen Graham McTavish in a movie since the Battle of the Five Armies.

I'd imagine Black Manta for the IL, Ocean Master is generally more of a hold his own supervillain
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I'd imagine Black Manta for the IL, Ocean Master is generally more of a hold his own supervillain

I wasn't sure if anyone had seen it yet, and that is why I put it in a spoiler tag.
    I wasn't sure, because both of them have been on the IL before. But I would imagine it would be Manta, just as long as he makes a cool bad guy. I still haven't figured out who the main villain will be though, whether it is Orm, Manta, or this King Nerius. I guess I will have to wait a week for Comic-Con, when the real trailer is supposed to come out.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

You guys might be right, it could be Dafoe, I just couldn't tell.
    I did! And I commented on it a while back (top of this page I think)
    What's great about comic book movies is that great actors WANT to be a part of them now, as opposed to back in the 90s and 2000s they were like poison to their careers.

You guys might be right, it could be Dafoe, I just couldn't tell.
    I did! And I commented on it a while back (top of this page I think)
    What's great about comic book movies is that great actors WANT to be a part of them now, as opposed to back in the 90s and 2000s they were like poison to their careers.

Yeah, like when Shaq signed on to play Steel.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Mastahpeece
    1651 posts Member
    edited July 12
    Some outfits for Aquaman leaked via toys a few days ago
    dhq3eqy5kaiu.jpeg
    9ri2hd24aaci.jpeg
    0qkbhvaovxk9.jpeg

I don’t think the classic orange blends too well with the hair, hopefully it looks better in live action. Black Manta looks cool though!
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 12
    Some outfits for Aquaman leaked via toys a few days ago
    dhq3eqy5kaiu.jpeg
    9ri2hd24aaci.jpeg
    0qkbhvaovxk9.jpeg

I don’t think the classic orange blends too well with the hair, hopefully it looks better in live action. Black Manta looks cool though!
    Really hoping that the toy company forgot to add the tubes to Manta's helmet. If they added that, It would solidify the look for me. I mean, the prototype helmet we saw earlier had the tubes, so i don't see why it would be neglected in the final design.
    Black.jpg

But like you said, i'm sure things will look better in live action.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Some outfits for Aquaman leaked via toys a few days ago
    dhq3eqy5kaiu.jpeg
    9ri2hd24aaci.jpeg
    0qkbhvaovxk9.jpeg

I think that Aquaman might be fake. His head looks kind of animated, and the hair that touches his chest has no clear definition. Mera looks a bit too flashy. But Black Manta looks cool.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Just hope it's not a straight to dvd flick.
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

I wasn't sure if anyone had seen it yet, and that is why I put it in a spoiler tag.
    I wasn't sure, because both of them have been on the IL before. But I would imagine it would be Manta, just as long as he makes a cool bad guy. I still haven't figured out who the main villain will be though, whether it is Orm, Manta, or this King Nerius. I guess I will have to wait a week for Comic-Con, when the real trailer is supposed to come out.

Ah apologies, I just thought with it being well before pre-release that people mightnt be too bothered.
    its been confirmed over a few outlets that Ocean Master/Orm will be the main antagonist. So thats why I thought Manta for the IL, as it sounds more like he will be a secondary villain in this film. Manta has more of a history with the IL too. Nerius won't have too much of an impact I feel.
  • New still depicting the Fisherman King:
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2Fam_271862381771239809231832.jpg&w=1100&q=85
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    edited July 16
    Wasn't there some movie that almost got w/ fish-people? Something 'water' - was dumb and dull and didn't need to ever see that again. Hopefully this DC movie is a smidge better.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2487 posts Member
    edited July 16
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    Wasn't there some movie that almost got w/ fish-people? Something 'water' - was dumb and dull and didn't need to ever see that again. Hopefully this DC movie is a smidge better.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian

Never again should we speak of that movie. But Aquaman will be better, because they want to appeal to children as well as adults. I expect him to keep his punk-rock vibe though, which I am looking forward to. He reminds me of 90's Aquaman.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    also haven't seen Graham McTavish in a movie since the Battle of the Five Armies.

He voices Dracula in Konami's Castlevania series on Netflix, if you're a fan of his work. :smile:
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    also haven't seen Graham McTavish in a movie since the Battle of the Five Armies.

He voices Dracula in Konami's Castlevania series on Netflix, if you're a fan of his work. :smile:

Nice, I'll check it out.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    Trailer for Aquaman this weekend I guess. What do you guys think of the supposed underwater StarWars feel they are going for? I hope they nail this movie.

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/07/14/aquaman-fishermen-star-wars-comparisons/
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    I hope so too. They are going for a grand world builder of a movie, I hope it works. I get the feeling the solo films will work better than the JLs
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    New look at a bunch of the characters, including a shot of Ocean Master in his classic outfit.
    aquaman_cover.png?itok=ypdjl3DY
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif